Lord Boros confirmed to be a Star buster ( guide)

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Frocharocha

So, it was released a guide with the blu ray version of the One Punch Man anime, called One Punch Man Compus, which features a bunch of stuff from One and Murata. The cover and an example of pages can seen below.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now jumping to what we truly want, some of the pages are dedicated to the character Lord boros, the strongest Saitama faced thus far, and the article shows what are Boros full capabilities:

No Caption Provided

Boros is the leader of the Dark Matter, the pirate band that controls outer space [...] Boros himself boasts abnormally superior physical attributes even for his species, along with latent energy so powerful he can blast away entire planets.

So yeah, Boros is a planet buster at his restained form, and things escalated more an gets interesting.

No Caption Provided

When released, this speed and power goes beyong the phisical limits of what any living being can endure.

So the reason on why Boros gets so strong is because he overcomes his normal limits. This is probably why Saitama is so strong as well. So this shwos that Boros himself is far beyond the limitation of normal beings, oh boy, the S class would be screwed.

No Caption Provided

To counter Boro`s ultimate "Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon, which is formidable enough to obilerate a star, saitama resorts to his "Serious punch."

So yeah, Boros Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon really was a collapsing Star Roaring Cannon. Boros seems to be a beast.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mimisalome

Does that mean Saitama's serious punch > star busting attack?

Considering that it nullifies Boros attack and still have excess energy to hurt Boros and create a wide continental size gap in the upper atmosphere.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos You were using Boros in a CaV, figured you'd like to know this. lel

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it supposedly written by ONE is it just a few paragrahps of quotes like the first page you posted?

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 emperorthanos-  Moderator
MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Debunked.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a translation error. He is planet busting, but not star busting.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This proves boros is a star buster in his 3rd form, meaning he much stronger than I expected. This itself gives saitama more credit for being able to overpower and counter Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon. I wouldn't be that surprised if saitama is a solar system buster or above a star buster, after all he was still holding back in the battle against boros.

Rustlingjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This proves boros is a star buster in his 3rd form, meaning he much stronger than I expected. This itself gives saitama more credit for being able to overpower and counter Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon. I wouldn't be that surprised if saitama is a solar system buster or above a star buster, after all he was still holding back in the battle against boros.

No Caption Provided

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dottiestmoon said:

No Caption Provided

Are you trying to dispute something or what?

jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol star buster haha when his feat is only moon level

Rustlingjimmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustlingjimmy said:
@dottiestmoon said:

No Caption Provided

i doubt he is anywhere near star level.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DottiestMoon

@rustlingjimmy said:
@dottiestmoon said:
@rustlingjimmy said:
@dottiestmoon said:

No Caption Provided

i doubt he is anywhere near star level.

Yet, the One Punch Man Compus which was written by One(Creator) heavily disagrees with you. Also did you just neglected how I elaborated why saitama is a star buster if not above. The Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon alone is stated to be a star busting attack, yet satiama was able to overpower the attack with a serious punch counter, thus saitama being a star buster at least. Lord boros also acknowledge him being more powerful as well as him holding back during their fight. I think it's logical enough to consider saitama is a star buster. If you want to ignore facts and doubt he's a star buster, go ahead but don't reply to my post without any reason to dispute it.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol star buster haha when his feat is only moon level

Where are your arguments coming from and what feat are you referring to? I think I clearly elaborated why saitama is a star buster, which is by overpowering the Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon which is stated to be star buster the thread unless you neglected what was stated in the top post. I think star buster is kinda of lowballing considering that saitama has strength to spare and he had to overcome the star busting attack rather than match the force. I honestly think your claim that he's moon level is just pure lowballing.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am late to the party with this, what was the debunk? I assume it was that the original version said planet not star?

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am late to the party with this, what was the debunk? I assume it was that the original version said planet not star?

It was debunked that the Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon was a planet busting attack. It's been now confirmed to be a star busting attack. Keep in mind sure boros stated in the anime and manga that the attack would destroy the planet but it can still have enough energy to destroy a star.

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Debunked

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Lord Boros is a planet buster,but decided to do a Star Busting attack in his Strongest form? That's a little weird.

azrael1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By azrael1973

There was absolutly no debunk. I don't know where this rumor comes from..

From the japanese translator at spacebattle? Even he said that the translation is technically correct but he would translate it as planetary.

But he was believing that Anime and manga are in the same canon.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/guldo-dbz-vs-saitama.535168

Again just to be clear I'm not saying it's impossible, but with what we know right now (ergo the usual portrayals of Boros being ~Planet level and every single use of 星 in OPM so far meaning Planet) it's clear which interpretation is the most reasonable at the moment.

But ultimately people can reach their own conclusion. After all, like it or not, the guidebook is an official translation most certainly done by a hired/paid professional, something I never claimed to be. So again, make of that what you will.

Does this look like a debunk , he actually ackowledges the official translation but says that he wouldn't translate it that way? Or is there another one?

If the official english translation is ignored, Boros would be a Hoshi buster, where Hoshi means stars and planets.

I want to add that Boros has been descriped as being able to blastb away entire planets. (plural not singular) So destroying a single planet shouldn't be a big thing for him. So his trump card should be much stronger. Maybe that's why the official translator chose to translate hoshi later as star.

Firestorm808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24:

Do you own or have seen the Japanese version of the Bluray guidebook?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21 sirfizzwhizz  Online

Lol debunk.

OPM fans trying so hard. Funny.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestorm808:

I have seen numerous people say it was a translation and have seen people translate it from Japanese on websites saying it is planet level. I believe I even saw some youtube videos talking about how it was a translation error. They said it was most likely planet level as well. I can't really remember the videos well though.

Firestorm808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superhero24:

I want to compare how the kanji is written between the webcomic, manga, anime captions, 2016 guidebook, and 2017 Bluray guidebook.

A part of me thinks that ONE wanted to retcon the previous guide with the new bluray one.

Amsamthecool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: Whats your evidence to support the statement that this feat has been debunked or doesn't count?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26 sirfizzwhizz  Online

@sirfizzwhizz: Whats your evidence to support the statement that this feat has been debunked or doesn't count?

Boros could not even destroy the moon with his best attack on Saitima. Add to all this he has zero feat of busting any planet. That simple.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are still taking this mistranslation and rolling with it. A new level of ignorance.

Yosefscion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are still taking this mistranslation and rolling with it. A new level of ignorance.

damn, do the official translators of guidebook have any idea what their little mistranslation would cause? :lol: i hope people won't really put saitama against legit starbuster later . . .

Prezilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well damn.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, it was just a mistranslation. He's only surface level and that's if you take his word for it. Wasn't there a Naruto guide book that said one guy was a planet buster?

jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanyecosby: i know right...that why i hate opm verse because people like to wank them to the moon like toriko verse

jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for larcadedragneel
LarcadeDragneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't even know why I clicked this. But still interesting.

Amsamthecool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanyecosby: I'm going to be real bland and simple about this so shoot me if you want. The author in every respect about his own universe is "God" by definition. ONE (the author of OPM) created Boros, titled his move (YES EVEN IN PRE-TRANSLATION) "Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon" and signed off the official guidebook which clearly specifies in his 2nd form that he can blow away planets, and in his 3rd form can obliterate stars. You may claim it to be a mis-translation, but here is the catch. Why would they bother saying planet twice? 2nd form can blow away planets and 3rd form can obliterate a planet? Repeating themselves doesn't make sense. The translator could have possibly misplaced a single word, but not entire phrases.

1) The use of 'blow away' and then a plural noun. (planets)

2) The use of 'obliterate' and then a singular noun. (Star)

You guys claim people like me are simply wanking our favorite characters to oblivion. But the facts and evidence behind this is as simple and direct as it can get. Until ONE revokes both the current guidebook and the name of the move, it is a star busting attack.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
deactivated-5b466be4b5981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just like how Vegeta's Big Bang attack is Big Bang level? It's just a name.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, Android Saga Vegeta must be universal. After all, he has an attack called Big Bang Attack, which means its Big Bang level. Superman and Flash have an attack called the Infinite Mass Punch. That means it must hit with infinite force. The writer never said it didn't, so that means it must be true. Superman is limitless confirmed because the writer said he was as strong as he needs to be. Galactus is the most powerful being in Marvel because Stan Lee said so. GG.

Amsamthecool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Amsamthecool

@kanyecosby: I think you both misinterpreted my arguement. I will make my point simpler. The author has signed off a book which specifies Boros is a star buster and coincidentally the name of his attack had the words "collapsing" and "star" in it. ONE has obviously made it very clear where Boros' capabilities lie. Otherwise he wouldn't have named the attack a star buster or made it official cannon. He did both however.

Also the big bang explosion is more of an atom expander than a universe buster. Superman and flash have both stated specific weights when using the infinite mass punch (like when flash says he can use the weight of a white dwarf) which obviously debunks the idea of it being infinite. Strong as he needs to be basically describes every super hero ever. The point of the statement is to say that each hero will rise to the challenge and overcome it with sheer determination regardless of how large it seems to be. Despite this superman has been beaten by alot of people in the past. Stan Lee created Galactus in the 60's way before other authors made more powerful but then lesser known beings such as the Beyonder and the one above all. With OPM there is and only has been one author and head of the canon. Which makes it really easy. Stan Lee on the other hand hasn't been in the comic writing business for decades, which leaves a lot of room for other writers to make new and greater feats for more powerful characters. Stan lee in this instance is unreliable and you know it.

So stop trying to find a backdoor out of this and actually listen to the points I'm making. Boros is a star buster.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amsamthecool: that kind of reasoning won't work here because people here value consistency feat or statement otherwise and an author statement whether twice stated or not that has not been corroborated anywhere inside its own verse and has no scaling argument to it to be supported on is not going to convince people otherwise.

your points have been seen here in this forum far too many times. you're not bringing anything new to anyone here.

Amsamthecool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Amsamthecool

@kyrees: Frankly, why the hell is a scaling argument needed to backup an author's statement along with offical material about one of their own characters? So i guess despite the fact that the title of the move also has the words 'Collapsing Star' which corroborates with the official guidebook's statement we will conclude by saying its only a surface level attack, purely because you needed to see Boros destroy a star? Also, consistency in comics? Like that was ever a thing.

jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amsamthecool: lol yeah star buster when all he ever bust was cloud...even a mere aeroplane can part cloud....this boros wank is hilarious

Amsamthecool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhitto: I'm using a different form of logic to you. That doesn't make me a wank. The only reason his blast ended up only parting clouds was because the punch from Saitama dissipated it. Even so the blast did instantly part clouds for at a bare minimum dozens of kilometres. Which is already thousands of times more potent than anything a plane ramming a cloud could do.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By kyrees

@amsamthecool said:

@kyrees: Frankly, why the hell is a scaling argument needed to backup an author's statement along with offical material about one of their own characters? So i guess despite the fact that the title of the move also has the words 'Collapsing Star' which corroborates with the official guidebook's statement we will conclude by saying its only a surface level attack, purely because you needed to see Boros destroy a star? Also, consistency in comics? Like that was ever a thing.

scaling is needed since it can justify putting a character to a certain level with a right amount of logic that only a few amount people can challenge accordingly. that's how dragonball z worked prior super.

by that regard, everything kishimoto wrote on naruto characters is true ? he did say madara's susanoo sword can destroy the universe then or that yata mirror can block everything then since it is stated to be like that then ? titles and author statement mean nothing if the universe they were put on shows nothing to support it.

you'd be surprised how consistency in comics work if you go at it in a feat to feat basis and weigh accordingly the low end and high end feats but i suppose you take odin omnipotence by the word then.

Amsamthecool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Amsamthecool

@kyrees: You make a good logical standpoint. So let me get this straight. If ONE had written and drawn Boros accidentally swinging around with his attack and destroying earth's sun. It would be by all means a truly cemented star busting feat. But due to the fact that he aimed it at Saitama, who dissipated it with a punch, there is no way we can accept its a star busting attack? Despite the fact that the author himself clarifies that it is. So the difference here entirely depends on the author's hand and not his word?

Also I think you misunderstood Madara's statement, being able to smash all things in the universe doesn't mean he is a universe buster, rather that there is no single object or material within the universe that can withstand a blow from his sword. In essence its just like an Ultra lightsaber, capable of cutting anything in regards to density or mass, but obviously there would be a conceivable limit to scale. Currently I'm quite sure by that logic the statement would stand firm.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kyrees

@amsamthecool said:

@kyrees: You make a good logical standpoint. So let me get this straight. If ONE had written and drawn Boros accidentally swinging around with his attack and destroying earth's sun. It would be by all means a truly cemented star busting feat. But due to the fact that he aimed it at Saitama, who dissipated it with a punch, there is no way we can accept its a star busting attack? Despite the fact that the author himself clarifies that it is. So the difference here entirely depends on the author's hand and not his word?

Also I think you misunderstood Madara's statement, being able to smash all things in the universe doesn't mean he is a universe buster, rather that there is no single object or material within the universe that can withstand a blow from his sword. In essence its just like an Ultra lightsaber, capable of cutting anything in regards to density or mass, but obviously there would be a conceivable limit to scale. Currently I'm quite sure by that logic the statement would stand firm.

in a battle forum mindset with the right amount of astronomy to it, it's easily ignored. word of god without proper support from the main material ain't mattering to battle forumites.

madara's statement is on the same vein as lord boros's attack: both were named/described by the author and yet the scale of their capability never reached their titling/hype. of course, there is a logical limit but the gigantic jump from planet to star when there's no mention of either scaling or proper introductions to a powerful character in the latter category makes any supposed logical standpoint moot to it.

also, you are now actively scrutinizing kishimoto's word while not doing the same on ONE's word given you flatly accepted it on the basis that it was twice mentioned. an author statement, whether done once or twice or more still falls under scrutiny and is not word of law at once. need i point out that odin was also stated to be omnipotent twice in print then ?

Amsamthecool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees:

Your saying main material support is needed, but your only reason as to why thats law is due to the fact that it doesn't matter to some of the people on battle forums? Also I'm not scrutinizing Kishimoto's word here. I'm just taking it literally. Which is what you should do with power statements. If I stand inside a warehouse filled with cardboard boxes and Styrofoam with a sword and say "A single strike from this blade contains enough force to destroy all things in this warehouse" That doesn't mean I can bust a warehouse with it. But every object within the warehouse I can cut up with the sword. The sentence can easily be pointed at individual objects. Thats the difference between Madara and Boros' power statements. Boros according to the author and cannon guidebook is stated to be "capable of obliterating a star" and he did name his move a star buster as well.

What I'm trying to get across here is this; you'll accept an author's statement if he bothers to put in an extra 5 minutes to draw his fricking word down in an canon illustration. But you'll have authority over him on how strong his character actually is until he has done that. That right there is stupid. In this instance its obvious the author has made Boros to be a star buster. But the plot demanded Saitama was there to cancel out his attack. If you had talked to ONE in an interview about it, he would state, yes if Boros had turned around and fired his blast at the sun it would have blown up. He is definitely at that level, however the plot required otherwise.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kyrees

@amsamthecool said:

@kyrees:

Your saying main material support is needed, but your only reason as to why thats law is due to the fact that it doesn't matter to some of the people on battle forums? Also I'm not scrutinizing Kishimoto's word here. I'm just taking it literally. Which is what you should do with power statements. If I stand inside a warehouse filled with cardboard boxes and Styrofoam with a sword and say "A single strike from this blade contains enough force to destroy all things in this warehouse" That doesn't mean I can bust a warehouse with it. But every object within the warehouse I can cut up with the sword. The sentence can easily be pointed at individual objects. Thats the difference between Madara and Boros' power statements. Boros according to the author and cannon guidebook is stated to be "capable of obliterating a star" and he did name his move a star buster as well.

What I'm trying to get across here is this; you'll accept an author's statement if he bothers to put in an extra 5 minutes to draw his fricking word down in an canon illustration. But you'll have authority over him on how strong his character actually is until he has done that. That right there is stupid. In this instance its obvious the author has made Boros to be a star buster. But the plot demanded Saitama was there to cancel out his attack. If you had talked to ONE in an interview about it, he would state, yes if Boros had turned around and fired his blast at the sun it would have blown up. He is definitely at that level, however the plot required otherwise.

the whole establishment of lord boros's level and taking it seriously is made with a battle forum mentality otherwise, no one here would give a hoot on lord boros's power or practically any character in fiction for that matter. the average reader is not going to care on how powerful a character is if he/she is already defeated unless you're the kind of person who only reads/watch stuff for the fight scenes alone which is still another kind of battle forum mentality. there's no practical difference between the context of boros and madara given both were given description by their author and yet both never reached their supposed description.

in a battle forum setting, you account for everything an author puts to his/her character and you take outliers out since it's not consistent to what the author has done on him and in this case, boros's supposed attack capability is one such outlier. in a battle forum setting where the author has no compulsion to follow at all since he/she is not writing for people to talk about who will win against someone, we take anything on the consistent basis since we are pitting the averages of a character to anyone outside that verse. this is a battle forum setup, not the plot driven setup writers do all the time. if everything else is taken at once, then all character stated to be omnipotent is actually omnipotent and that's the worst case scenario in a battle forum. it doesn't look stupid once you encountered the worst case scenario above.

Amsamthecool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I understand what your saying but your using bad examples. Madara was stated to have a sword that could cut anything. Being able to smash anything in the universe. Not being able to bust one. Currently I haven't seen an object to date that can withstand his blade's strike, that statement in all seriousness is true as far as we have seen. You could also argue a light saber could cut through anything in the star wars universe (discounting magical objects or electric based blades) but that in no way concludes a lightsaber is capable of destroying one. Also with Odin, the two instances in which he is apparently bestowed upon with omnipotence are both personal titles, not necessarily statements of his power level. "Odin the living Omnipotence" and "Omnipotent Odin". There is no direct clarification such as "Odin is omnipotent", the same way the hulk is named "The strongest there is" despite being significantly weaker than at least a mild range of beings (Thanos, Apocalypse, Zeus, Odin, the Void, The destroyer etc) But once again that is a title bestowed upon the hulk to describe his physical attributes, not to cement that he simply is physically stronger than all beings. However, we know from author and canon statements that Boros is capable of obliterating stars, which is a direct clarification of what he is capable of.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kyrees

@amsamthecool said:

@kyrees: I understand what your saying but your using bad examples. Madara was stated to have a sword that could cut anything. Being able to smash anything in the universe. Not being able to bust one. Currently I haven't seen an object to date that can withstand his blade's strike, that statement in all seriousness is true as far as we have seen. You could also argue a light saber could cut through anything in the star wars universe (discounting magical objects or electric based blades) but that in no way concludes a lightsaber is capable of destroying one. Also with Odin, the two instances in which he is apparently bestowed upon with omnipotence are both personal titles, not necessarily statements of his power level. "Odin the living Omnipotence" and "Omnipotent Odin". There is no direct clarification such as "Odin is omnipotent", the same way the hulk is named "The strongest there is" despite being significantly weaker than at least a mild range of beings (Thanos, Apocalypse, Zeus, Odin, the Void, The destroyer etc) But once again that is a title bestowed upon the hulk to describe his physical attributes, not to cement that he simply is physically stronger than all beings. However, we know from author and canon statements that Boros is capable of obliterating stars, which is a direct clarification of what he is capable of.

in the naruto verse, it could be true but outside it ? it's not. also lightsabers have been proven to be incapable of cutting through certain stuff in star wars. personal titles are also in the same vein as the author putting another description to his/her character. what's the difference in an on-panel description to what is put on a guidebook ? they came from the same author more or less.

the canon statement of boros's attack was only said to be capable of razing the planet's surface, then the attack was said to be capable of destroying a planet. read the original version of one punch man for that matter. if i want to be more pedantic here. only in the guidebooks does that the star destroying description is given more weight, not in the original material where it's only titled as such. if you are actually going with direct clarification route, boros in ONE's version and boros in murata's version never said any star destroying capability apart from its title in a translated format.