• 69 results
Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Saberscar223

I’m really disappointed we were so close but the momentum has practically stopped at this point it only Made about 26 million this weekend and it still needs 200 mill more.

It was close but at least it’s the second highest grossing film of all time.

(I will GLADLY eat my words)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are you so sad? You're not getting any of that money lol

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I would withhold the blu ray and not put Endgame on Disney+ then do a special rerelease later. Avatar did a rerelease so it wouldn’t be cheating. I would add some extra fight scenes for the fanboys make it 3hr 20mins.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 anthp2000  Moderator

Smh and I voted yes on that poll thread last week.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonymartial: Don’t you usually want things or people you like to succeed and do well?

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar had multiple releases and endgame wont

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You aren't getting any of the money and you will still sleep just as well you would any other night.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mrmonster

Why are you upset? It's not like it really matters if it's not number 1, the studio is still making a fortune.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Asgaard

$26M? Where do you guys get this numbers?

This weekend Endgame made $29M in the domestic market and $47M in the international markets making a total of $2.615B..

It still can beat Avatar...

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will be close, but I’m not sure

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar consistently made a lot every week, which was very impressive. Endgame was bound to sizzle like every other movie after two colossal weeks.

If they do a release AND add new scenes, I’ll probably watch it twice.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be impressed if Endgame narrowly beats Avatar. It'd just show how much people competitively watched Endgame just to beat Avatar in the box office. I know people who've seen Endgame 4 times, just to see it beat Avatar in the BO.

Get a life. You aren't getting any cash. You aren't getting recognition for Endgame going down in history as the highest grossing film. Just... go outside.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't be impressed if Endgame narrowly beats Avatar. It'd just show how much people competitively watched Endgame just to beat Avatar in the box office. I know people who've seen Endgame 4 times, just to see it beat Avatar in the BO.

Get a life. You aren't getting any cash. You aren't getting recognition for Endgame going down in history as the highest grossing film. Just... go outside.

Its not really that strange at all for people to see a movie they like in a theater 4 times. I don't do it but I mean geez, its not your money they are spending.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Maybe not. But when those people post shit on social media like "Just saw Endgame for the 4th time, we only need 300 million to beat Avatar, lets do it!". Then its getting stupid. You aren't watching the film for enjoyment, you're watching it for competitive purposes.

hyperfinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m really disappointed we were so close but the momentum has practically stopped at this point it only Made about 26 million this weekend and it still needs 200 mill more.

It was close but at least it’s the second highest grossing film of all time.

Its not even finished at the box office yet.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Maybe not. But when those people post shit on social media like "Just saw Endgame for the 4th time, we only need 300 million to beat Avatar, lets do it!". Then its getting stupid. You aren't watching the film for enjoyment, you're watching it for competitive purposes.

mcu has a cult following at this point. Endgame is the mcu's best and maybe only real chance to be #1 all time. Some people just look at it from that pov because its funner to them to see it as a competition.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame had a decade of planning and hype behind it with one of the biggest brands in cinema history. If it beat Avatar it won’t be as impressive. Avatar came it with zero expectations and took cinema by storm.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Endgame isn't the best. Its the last. Which is why people are giving it so much attention.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

“Get a life” “go outside” has almost 37000 posts on this website. Insert thinking emoji here.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Spambot

@monsterstomp said:

@spambot: Endgame isn't the best. Its the last. Which is why people are giving it so much attention.

I didn't say it was the best movie. That is very subjective. Its not the last either. Last with RDJ and Cap perhaps but what I said is best and possibly last chance to beat Avatar in $$$.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Ok. But still... If it didn't curbstomp Avatar, its just fanboys being competitive no lifers.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doom_phd said:

Endgame had a decade of planning and hype behind it with one of the biggest brands in cinema history. If it beat Avatar it won’t be as impressive. Avatar came it with zero expectations and took cinema by storm.

Nope... Avatar came with the 3D... Zero Expectations for a $300M movie directed by James Cameron? Which by the way started its development in 1994...

Really, really curious, to see how Avatar sequels will perform... If i had to bet i would bet none making more than $2B, a lot evolved since 2009, today no movie stays in theaters from December till August...

And with today's competition (Endgame already faced 2 movies making more than $50M in the domestic opening weekend) knowing that only has one more month to make money, its more impressive than any other movie ever released.

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: nothing you said invalidated what I said. Marvel hyped up infinity war and thanks from 2012. And marketed each movie as a much see as you wanted hints of how it all came together. Avatar had none of those. Zero expectations because we didn’t know what we were getting into. We knew exactly what spectacle IW and Endgame was going to be.

Lol Pokémon and John Wick are hardly competition. Nice try

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Saberscar223

@doom_phd: Avatar was advertising to be the ultimate imax 3D experience. Story wise I guess it had nothing but as a movie experience it’s another story also James Cameron.

And avatar had rereleases so.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doom_phd: Avatar had a ton of hype behind it. Sure, not as much as a Star Wars or Avengers movie, but you're making it sound like it was some sort of darkhorse. No, it was hyped for months as an experience that would change cinema history forever.

@asgaard: Nah, it's impressive for sure, but Gone with the Wind and the first Star Wars movie strike me as much more impressive in terms of box office revenue.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Why are you so sad? You're not getting any of that money lol

You aren't getting any of the money and you will still sleep just as well you would any other night.

I don't get responses like this TBH.

1. People like witnessing history being made and records being broken. Avatar has held the worldwide record for 10 years, and if Endgame doesn't beat it, it becomes less likely we'll see it being beaten anytime sooner.
  2. How is it any different than rooting for your favourite sports team to succeed, smash records etc? If your favourite soccer team beat the record for most goals in a single match, you would be pumped. It's the same thing.
  3. Y'all are kinda blowing OP out of proportion. All he said was "I'm really disappointed." It's not like he said he's going to seclude himself in his room for a week and not eat anything but junk food.
Six-Deuce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Six-Deuce

If they wanted endgame to beat avatar, maybe they could skip the SJW nods and a fat Thor 8p. Endgame and Captain Marvel are the first MCU movies I have ever skipped. Same with Disney Star Wars...the trilogy is beyond idiotic at this point...no idea why anyone would want to watch that tripe.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is it any different than rooting for your favourite sports team to succeed, smash records etc? If your favourite soccer team beat the record for most goals in a single match, you would be pumped. It's the same thing.

Its not. I don't really care about Box Office records, but if Endgame breaks a 10 year streak, bravo to them.

My gripe isn't about a record being broken, its about how competitive people are getting. Willing to view a 3 hour film 5 times in its opening week is borderline ridiculous, imo. And its not even to appreciate the film's artistry, its to beat another film in how much cash its making. Each to their own, but okay.

Juggerman40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endgame should stay in theaters until like August and then do a another release.

N7Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By N7Elite

@saberscar223 it did not due to the writing of the story and how certain characters were pushed under the bush. Widow gets the whole family stick but for what? Did we see them honoring her? Nope. We only seen Tony and they played the whole "we were her family" oh yeah how about honoring Vision who also now that we have the people to morn we can do so with them? Nope. people can say "deleted scenes" but people were furious over how in Battle of the Five armies they left out Thorins scene as well as the other two dwarves that died of their funeral..

The writing of time travel makes no sense for taking certain elements from point a and point be and creating an alternative timeline just means Back to the FUTURE. I say this for there is NO way Cap staying the past that would effect the current timeline wouldn't have serious rippels in time. I say this for it has to be their timeline for old steve rogers makes no sense at all.

you also have to take into consideration that Loki took the Tesseract and caused the ending of Avengers 1, and so forth to NEVER happen. Which means opening of Avengers 2 never happens and no witch or quicksilver....you have any idea how the whole time travel works at the end......just pure horrible sloppy writing that tries to jab at back to the future only for that to happen...but instead is just "timeline still happens despite how cap messed up in staying the past thus ruining a series of films. For again you can't have alternate realities be a thing and then tie them into being in the same universe....

Also the whole Wanda part with thanos was lack luster for it isn't the thanos that took everything for her and just has no tension built up for it is 2014 Thanos....and he hasn't done anything to them yet but because it is a Thanos you are expected to feel the emotion of vision dying. Instead they should have done this. Thanos used the reality stone to create a version of himself for he knew they would come find revenge. Meaning he tricked the avengers into thinking he destroyed the stones so that they could abandon their quest, and he himself does some time travel with the time stone and causes past thanos to know everything that is to happen up onto that point. With a snap of his fingers he recreates his army from another point in time and thus it is infinity stone vs infinity stone. and how Thanos loses is he is missing one gem after ant man and the wasp take a stone off and it is a race to see if thanos can take the gem off of the gauntlet or get the stone.

This also opens up a plot whole for Infinity war... WHY don't they just TAKE the stones off of Thanos rather than the gauntlet seeing how EASY it is for ironman, thanos etc to take stones out... you have guardians of the galaxy that can withstand the power for they are chosen present...and it was easy to do it too.

another plot hole is how they ruin thor's arc for he was finally going to accept becoming king but because all of a sudden "Valkyrie is more worthy of being queen" it is just pure nonsense.

Not to mention Thanos needed the forge of the dwarves/gaints to create a devices made of a dwarf star yet Tony uses SIMPLE material even if nanites to make a devices to withstand the stones....HOW come a highly advance civilization who supposedly has smarter people than Tony and better tech not able to make such a devices but Tony can because of what? "he is iron man"?

Another thing to point out his how hard it was for the HULK to snap his fingers for they made a HUGE deal out of it and to wield the power yet here is thanos prior that does it with ease.....how does that happen for Tony to do that in which he should be DEAD the moment he had all of the stones for we saw what it did to the Hulk by just putting it on....

The movie has loads of flaws that people overlook because "it is marvel and they make popcorn movies that hardly anyone questions the plot and motives yet berates DC for it because "too dark and not as funny as marvel" really is a shame.

N7Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also keep in mind John Wick will be taking it and then The KING is coming to town and that is the one to finish off Avengers being GODZILLA haha.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7elite: Except they were creating new timeline when they were going back in time.

So there is a timeline where Loki is escaped which is probably what Disney plus show about Loki will take place and a timeline where Thanos and his Army are no more and another Timeline where Captain America went and lived with Peggy none of which affects main timeline.

Also Spider man far from Home is hinting at Multiverse which is probably result of the repeated Snap and Time travel.

N7Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobymaguire here is the problem with that and why time-travel in the movie goes south. Rogers couldn't have gotten into another time line and then decided to come back. Otherwise the whole "pulling him out" would mean he stayed in the past and lived out his life there which he did. For he needed the suit to travel anyways that he didn't have on him and was already waiting there which NOBODY notice haha. It is bad writing and laziness from the directors part, but also there is the problem of that resulting into time travel/multiverse. They should have just done multiverse rather than time travel for it is less messy than time travel. Also keep in mind we do not know anything else about the movie and could just be Mysterio trying to lower their guard down for he is the master of illusions. To also add they were making a big deal about how they can't effect the timeline for there will be no need to return the stones since nothing bad will happen other than those two realms. Only if they kept them then their future will fall apart and so would their plans. However different parts means that they would undo all of the work they had fought hard for. Since they were traveling to points in their time that they saw/knew about the stones. Thus it was their same timeline they messed up and the whole "back to the future part is played over and over" showing that "it isn't like back to the future for if you mess with the past it just creates an alternative timeline but cap being cap stayed in the past because who knows how.

Not to mention cap had to also inject a liquid form of the reality stone that was mind you in it's crystal self so i do not know HOW he is going to inject it and if he runs into past thor, past rocket and the other or even prior then it opens up more holes for it means cap should be present if they are turning it at all times. It also means cap was already on the Shield radar in looking for him so again this all makes no sense even if you use alternative reality when cap stayed in the past for their is no logical way of him just knowing when they were going to pull him out, knowing of when he decides to be, and should have appeared right exactly where he was suppose to come back to as... Hence old man rogers who stayed in their past.....:

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Doom_Phd

@quinlan58: the hype avatar got vs Endgame is literally miles apart in Endgame favor. The marketing machine that was Endgame, Avatar could not come close. So yes it was someone a dark horse that relied on a gimmick of 3D to attract people.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don’t know why people question why the op cares, people want things or people they like to succeed, it isn’t that hard to figure out.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gokluma

Meh it just a film and i'm just glad this film has enough money for hardwork was put into it instead of a bitter rivalry

Trololololol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are people acting like it's strange to support something you like even though it doesn't really benefit you .

People do it all the time . They support a football team , and feel happiness and sadness when the team wins or loses , even though they will gain nothing and the footballers don't even know they exist .

Same could be said about politics and economics . A lot of people spend a lot of time discussing these even if they can't change the outcome or really do anything with this information .

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n7elite: Yeah, those two timeline will be f##ked. Without Time stone Dr Strange cannot stop Dormamu from taking over the world in that timeline. Without Space Stone, Carol will never become Captain Marvel in that timeline screwing thousands of Planets including Earth. Obviously Avengers will not let that timeline they created be unprotected and that is why they place infinity stone Back.

We have to wait for Spiderman to know about multiverse

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@theamazingspidey said:

How is it any different than rooting for your favourite sports team to succeed, smash records etc? If your favourite soccer team beat the record for most goals in a single match, you would be pumped. It's the same thing.

Its not. I don't really care about Box Office records, but if Endgame breaks a 10 year streak, bravo to them.

My gripe isn't about a record being broken, its about how competitive people are getting. Willing to view a 3 hour film 5 times in its opening week is borderline ridiculous, imo. And its not even to appreciate the film's artistry, its to beat another film in how much cash its making. Each to their own, but okay.

Sorry I realised I totally misinterpreted your comment lol. I thought you were telling the OP to get a life lmao. If you're talking about the people who buy multiple tickets just to boost Endgame over Avatar, then I wholeheartedly agree and those people are kinda pathetic.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well being the second best is good too.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm basically rooting for any movie to beat this crap Avatar. Now it's Endgame's turn in year it might be something else. It is still a mystery to me how this crappy, boring-ass movie made that much.

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerCosmic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PowerCosmic_

John Wick's dog died and he's out for vengeance. With his 3rd chapter having dropped this past Friday, there's no way in hell Avengers will surpass Avatar. Just accept fate, and move on from this topic, everyone.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By mrmonster

Besides, I've never understood this "it deserves to" mentality. Since when do movies ever get what they deserve? If movies got what they "deserved" then Jordan Peele's Us would have made 3 billion dollars, but that didn't even come close.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whyzoserious: it was the first to heavily advertise IMAX 3D don’t think of it as Avatar think of it as IMAX 3D as a whole being introduced