Looking back at it now, does anyone else want Star Wars to be how it was pre-disney buyout?

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Obi_Wan__

AKA legends is still the EU, new live action tv show coming out, Lucasarts isn't dissolved and makes 1313. Dark Horse still retains the comic license... ETC

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wolfrazer

No live action show, I really can't see that working too well unless it keeps the effects to a minimum which would lessen appeal I'm sure..

But yeah I'd prefer it, there's some good new stuff, but a lot of it was wasted imo. The new movies are....'ok' but with the problems I don't see where the ST is gonna be going at EP 9.

The comics...eh really found only the Vader series to be the good one, the main series has some good issues but that's out of like 40 so far.

Plus we kinda did already get this story with Jedi Outcast/Academy...which was better imo.

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: yeah the ST is a mess, really due to them letting Rian do anything. I mean you have ep 7 which was the safest possible movie, they got flak for that, then they let rian do anything resulting in two VERY different movies that are very jarring compared to eachother.

Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
theawesomeflashsandiego32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, disney helped Star Wars if anything...

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By g2_

No, disney helped Star Wars if anything...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YES

#BringBackTCW

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trust_this_786: TCW is apart of the current canon though?

show wasn't finished though, it was just canceled when Disney bought it

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Penguin-Dust

No, the live-action show that was previous announced was never coming out, however now that Disney is starting a streaming service, a new live-action show has a better shot of airing on that platform. The formerly-known-as "Expanded Universe" novels had some good stuff as well as a lot of crap. I think it's a mistake to romanticise it too much. As for the comics, I quite like a lot of the new stuff especially the Darth Vader series that ran. The only real issue I have is with the video games. So far, all have been left wanting. Outside of mobile, there hasn't been too much and what has been released has been a huge disappointment. I am not going to speculate whether 1313 would have ever been released, but at least it was something to hope for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though they are just worse versions of the original trilogy so far and the Solo movie will likely ruin his character, it is cool to be getting new Star Wars movies. As a Star Wars fan I gotta be happy with that. Maybe Episode 9 will be good.

I also didn't read much EU, and didn't consider it truly canon since Lucas didn't, so that doesn't matter much to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

No. There was more bad than good going on at the time (e.g. 3D re-releases, the Kinect game, the thankfully cancelled Detours animated series).

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Obi_Wan__

@amonfire1776: mind elaborating?

@xwraith thats three things, also kinect star wars was only made because Kinect was an unexplored canvas, if kinect wasn't a stupid mess (like it turned out to be) we'd all be "kinecting" right now.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obi_wan__: Sure, I think they brought new life into the brand and introduced it to a new generation and helped fixed the movie gap from 2005...also they do not really interfere with Lucasfilm and simply fund the organization like they do with marvel...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I want the EU / legends material back. I would like legends and "canon" to be separate, or integrate Legends with canon.

Au_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1313 was cancelled because of EA IIRC

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, the live-action show that was previous announced was never coming out, however now that Disney is starting a streaming service, a new live-action show has a better shot of airing on that platform. The formerly-known-as "Expanded Universe" novels had some good stuff as well as a lot of crap. I think it's a mistake to romanticise it too much. As for the comics, I quite like a lot of the new stuff especially the Darth Vader series that ran. The only real issue I have is with the video games. So far, all have been left wanting. Outside of mobile, there hasn't been too much and what has been released has been a huge disappointment. I am not going to speculate whether 1313 would have ever been released, but at least it was something to hope for.

Expanded Universe is far from perfect, true, but its successes (Darth Plagueis, Thrawn trilogy, Jedi Knight game series) far outweight its failures.

The comics are so far the only thing Disney made decently.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrmonster

Heck no. The only downside is that we never got to see Star Wars 1313. Aside from that, I don't care. I've enjoyed the Marvel Star Wars comics, and more importantly, I've enjoyed all 3 Disney Star Wars movies.

Also, Disney is making a live action Star Wars show for the Disney streaming service.

Loading Video...

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: I agree, I would like them to share the comic license with Dark Horse, so marvel could make canon comics and Dark Horse could make Legends.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disney aren't the problem

Lucas films are, Disney is really good for allowing the studios they but to do what they want and run themselves

All directors have came out and said that Disney have had little to no involvement in heir films ranging from Pixar, MCU and Lucas films

It's Kathleen Kennedy you have to be worried about

Obi_Wan__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Obi_Wan__

@royal_warrior: Well i'm not saying Disney is the problem, just that yearly movies and the end of the EU were only brought on by the purchase of Lucasfilm.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agree on Kathleen Kennedy being a big part of the problem. Her and Abrams. Kennedy actually takes pictures with her friend and their daughters wearing t shirts that say 'the force is female' and shit like that. She is the movie equivalent of the idiots who have been running Marvel's comics for the last 5-6 years.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.