Lol oh Feige nooooo

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So according to Kevin Feige about why Strange was written out of Wandavision:

“Some people might say, ‘Oh, it would’ve been so cool to see Dr. Strange,’” says Feige. “But it would have taken away from Wanda, which is what we didn’t want to do. We didn’t want the end of the show to be commoditized to go to the next movie — here’s the white guy, ‘Let me show you how power works.’” That meant the Dr. Strange movie, too, had to be rewritten. In the end, Feige says, Marvel’s process is “a wonderful combination of very dedicated coordination, and chaos. Chaos magic.”

Side note: I liked Olsen's response in the article to the criticism of Wanda not facing consequences. Divisive moral opinions can be good, keeps the conversation going.

Now I know some of you will eye roll, fine. I just wanted to point out how cringy it is for Kevin Feige, of all people, to insert this 💩 (I think he's over compensating for the iron man 3 nontroversy but whatever) when your fanbase was already disappointed about Quicksilver. Now you took away Strange cameos and even rewrote Multiverse of Madness because what, no confidence in Wanda? It's wrong for a woman to learn fictional pew pew from a - white - man? 🤦‍♂️😂🤷‍♂️

Tl:dr strange was written out of Wandavision and had a script rewrite for Strange 2 because identity politics.

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's so dumb. Why would his gender and race matter? His role in the marvel universe warrants a cameo or at least a proper reference to him.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KryptonianKing88  Online

>being so progressive you cut out a character because he's white and male

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cocacolaman  Moderator

Oh ffs Strange wouldn't care if he was a white male or not, if he's scared of Loki he ought to get involved in Wanda's affairs. This is a case of ignoring the established world unless and until Strange is shown dealing with a more important affair during the same time period.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? you guys are funny. It’s obvious that he wanted wanda to stand by herself. These shows can’t just be commercials for the next movies. they need the shows to be strong by themselves.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MK director said something similar lol.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is this surprising?? Feige was always a liberal weirdo who just repeats mainstream leftist dogma.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@christianrapper said:

Really? you guys are funny. It’s obvious that he wanted wanda to stand by herself. These shows can’t just be commercials for the next movies. they need the shows to be strong by themselves.

It would have lent to creating a strong feeling of interconnectivity to the universe. That's why we watch these films. That's what elevates the MCU over other movie franchises within the superhero genre. It's certainly not because each individual film is a masterpiece.

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE MORE YOU KEEP UNNECESSARILY POINTING IT OUT THE MORE OFFENSIVE IT WILL APPEAR.

Who cares what gender teaches another. There are plenty if men mentoring women, and women mentoring men. Why is this an issue.

Deathu101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joker567892: yeah about Cage which is kinda dumb when you realize Cole was a waste of time.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By christianrapper

@killbilly said:
@christianrapper said:

It would have strong to have lent a feeling of interconnectivity to the universe. That's why we watch these films. That's what elevates the MCU over other movie franchises within the superhero genre. It's certainly not because each individual film is a masterpiece.

They had characters from the ant man and thor in there. shows and characters have to be able to stand on their own or they are just pointless.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're white men with victim complexes that's why it bothers them

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@christianrapper said:

They're white men with victim complexes that's why it bothers them

I'm offended that you're offended over me being offended because Feige didn't want to offend easily offended people 😋

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Marvel is legit going to take imbecilic stances like this it will destroy everything they built.

Laurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clown world.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, kind of a weird reason...

I suspect the real reason was due to schedule conflicts or Covid resulting in Benedict not being able to come to film.

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By thenamelessone

The SJW dildo is what the MCU deserves after that nutter Perlmutter

And due to shoving this SJW Dildo straight up their ass without thinking once , they should go bankrupt , would be good for the industry honestly .

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joker567892: Indeed, which is why Johnny Cage wasn’t in the movie.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aryansingh: I think we'll see Disney go bankrupt when pigs fly. Too big to fail didn't stop being a thing after the auto and bank bailouts.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What A Sorry Excuse. Doc Strange is an Awesome Character that supposedly has a Film that will tie into WandaVision so why should his Race or Sex matter here ? The Show is suppose to tied into his Film anyways.

thenamelessone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@aryansingh: I think we'll see Disney go bankrupt when pigs fly. Too big to fail didn't stop being a thing after the auto and bank bailouts.

Your probably correct but men can dream , at this rate , I seriously hope something terrible happens to The Disney Corporation ( not the employees )

diydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By diydeath

Weak reasoning. He should have had a post-credits scene at the end of the series or some dialogue referencing how he's not getting involved because of reason X.

Also, guy needs to shut up about this dumb white male crap. Was totally unnecessary to even bring that up and that kind of thinking is just reverse racism, which is the same as racism.

Sometimes you need to tell the twitter crowd to shove that SJW where the sun don't shine. They're not representative of anything but crazy, woke people with too much time on their hands. ie; not the majority of your customers.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

While I don't like the reasoning I don't think I would of liked the final as much if Wanda didn't do it herself

kilgpmktra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ITT: Hoes mad

I agree with feige. This story is about Wanda, not dr strange a.k.a the biggest plot device in the MCU

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Who cares? If they rewrote the film for his absence to be sensible, it doesn't matter what the reasons behind it were. I never saw the need for him to appear.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean I don’t know where he was going with the whole “here’s the white guy” part lol 🤷‍♂️...but I get what his point is about wanting Wanda to stand on her own, in her own solo series. The MCU has spoiled some people to the point were they are expecting cameos everytime, when it’s not really needed or necessary

Killer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Could not careless, the MCU is still creatively bankrupt, retreading the same formulaic storytelling and characters in almost every MCU offering.

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Wanda is 100% Mary Sue

Ryokuma100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a reality we live in

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Okay...?

Avatar image for deactivated-612156a4d7eca
deactivated-612156a4d7eca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This line of thinking wasn't obvious from the forced BLM nonsense in the Falcon & TWS show?

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am more surprised, people find this surprising.

The MCU has been pivoting toward Twitter levels of cringe, since the announcement of phase 4.

But at least who know for definite, that in the inevitable Strange v Wanda fight. Wanda solos with ease, alongside every straight male sorcerer

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, wanda is better, Idc.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geekryan said:

Yeah, kind of a weird reason...

I suspect the real reason was due to schedule conflicts or Covid resulting in Benedict not being able to come to film.

If such were the case, then this would be a really dumb quote by Feige. People should be capable of understanding the need of safety and scheduling conflicts. I do want to believe though that Feige was forced to say this and not actually believe this.

(Those ”fans” that would much rather risk safety or not give understanding regarding people’s own schedules because they have separate lives should just screw off.)

Avatar image for deactivated-63c2e15ac5d3d
deactivated-63c2e15ac5d3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What happens when you work for Disney

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GO WOKE GO BROKE

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am more surprised, people find this surprising.

The MCU has been pivoting toward Twitter levels of cringe, since the announcement of phase 4.

But at least who know for definite, that in the inevitable Strange v Wanda fight. Wanda solos with ease, alongside every straight male sorcerer

Only part of this entire thing that I don't like, lol. Strange is going to get spanked in his own movie...