Lol my friend did a project on Superman for AP English

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thought it would be cool to share. The project was to make a presentation on how something culturally significant changed throughout time and they decided to do it on how Superman changed from the film SUperman to Man of steel and from the comics as well. It was actually a great presentation and they got a 100.

I dont remember it exactly, but their thesis was something along the lines of.. "Throughout the decades , Superman shifted from being a symbol of perfection, fantasy, and something else that escapes me to a symbol of maturism and realism and something else which I forgot.

They also included some similiarities throughout like Superman is still a representation of idealism and hope but the newer superman focuses more on the journey to perfection while the old age superman depicts an already perfect superman (mostly).

Avatar image for superkryptonian
superkryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By superkryptonian

I did an essay on him for APLIt about how he's the greatest fictional hero ever made. He's a great an easy character to write about as he is a simple idea but incorporates a complex mythology.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That does actually sound like a very interesting topic. One could probably make parallels to how Superman changed as the world changed.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001: Actually the project was very closely linked to that. Superman did change throughout times to reflect more modernistic views. He had a lot of cool evidence and such, Ill try to get it from him and maybe post it here

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FirestormFate1919

@aros001 said:

That does actually sound like a very interesting topic. One could probably make parallels to how Superman changed as the world changed.

@aros001: Actually the project was very closely linked to that. Superman did change throughout times to reflect more modernistic views. He had a lot of cool evidence and such, Ill try to get it from him and maybe post it here

I've always thought that was an intriguing aspect of Superman. I always bring that up when I'm defending DCEU Superman as a character. I think it's cool to see someone so morally righteous trying to adapt to the world rather than just immediately fitting in, because that's just realistic. And it makes his struggle and triumph much more meaningful than if he's just insatntly perfect.

Don't get me wrong, I love classic Superman too, I just enjoy the different interpretations.

That sounds like an awesome project though, it's always nice to align your interests with your work. Makes everything way more enjoyable.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By renamed040924

Ugh, why the #%&$ can't any of my school projects be on such a good topic? How something culturally significant has changed over the years? Dude I write essays like that on this site JUST FOR FUN.

Instead I have to write some confusing mess about how emotional intelligence impacts the effects of harsh punishment on children or something and read a million page long study that makes my eyes bleed from boredom.

Whatever. Tell your friend he's a boss for choosing that topic and getting a 100.

@oogienj

oogienj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

That's more like it. Too bad teachers never assign stuff like that.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol how is this an actual assignment?

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabumalal: The assignment was to choose something culturally significant that changed throughout time. He wasnt assigned superman, but rather chose it.