Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Logan vs GOTG Vol 2 (68 votes)

Logan 82%
GOTG Vol 2 18%

Which was the better movie? Just wanted to see the poll results.

• 
Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan stomp.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By PeterParkerJr

Logan curbstomps.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gotoucanario

Curb loganstomps

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

I liked Logan more. The first two acts of Logan are really good and in spite of all it's flaws, seeing Logan go apeshit on all the guys at the end was gratifying.

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked both but GOTG vol 2 does it for me. Seeing how they had Yondu die and his funeral got me more than when Professor X died and when Logan died in the end.

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol gotg 2 is not even close to logan. It should be compared more to BvS

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: Oh please. No Marvel film has come even close to that garbage fire, and GotG Vol 2 is leagues above it.

OT: Logan.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheLastDragonborn

@nicksmi56: Pretty similiar to me just a complete 180 on tone. Both are just okay.

MOS stomps gotg 2 though

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: Just no. Guardians may have had obvious flaws, but they'd have to actively try to get to that level of suckitude.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Logan

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: Nah.

Both are still crammed, sequel baiting, lack of story, etc

But there were some great moments in both films like in gotg 2 with the cosmic space fights, peter and his dad, etc and bvs had some nice scenes too like the metropolis scene, batman warehouse scene, ww, superman v doomsday, etc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: To each their own. You'd be hard pressed to convince me there were any great moments in BvS. The movie killed itself like 10 minutes in.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: You can say bvs sucked but the opening scene was awesome lol!

Seeing the metropolis fight in bruce's eyes was a perfect opening scene for an otherwise mediocre film. It perfectly captured bruce's justification for wanting to defeat superman and showed how devestating an alien invasion would be without deus ex machinima helicarriers randomly appearing to save everyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: Sure, but then they can't even stick with that. They have to have Bruce have dreams of the future and the whole "1% chance!" nonsense to the point where his reasons for wanting to kill Superman are so muddled at the end they don't even make sense anymore.

Anyway the first 10 minutes I was referring to was Lex's "genius" plan to have people blame Superman for shooting people. After that, the movie just kept getting worse and worse. It's not mediocre for me, it's straight up garbage, and comparing any other superhero film to it is the worst kind of insult for that film.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: Ah I see. To each their own I guess. BVS: UC i prefer to IM2,3, Ant man, AoU, TFA, Gotg 2. The others are better than BvS. Gotg 1 was pretty fun though but idk... gotg 2 just felt mediocre to me. I yearn for something dark and different and all we get are comedies -_-

How would you rank Man of steel and gotg 2 ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd898d1298f8
deactivated-5cd898d1298f8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan stomps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: Man of Steel just comes off as mediocre at best. It's enjoyable for the action, but it's SUCH a slog to get through. All the speeches sound great the first time, but the second time, when you know all of it leads to absolutely nothing? It's a better time to just watch the action scenes on YouTube and just call it a day. The film just has nothing to say, and for a film that's so convinced it's the next "I have a dream" speech, that's the worst part. Add to that that Superman himself is barely a character, and it's just sad. That third trailer had such promise, but it squanders all of it. Truly disappointing.

Guardians 2 is disappointing as well. It recycles a lot from the first film, every single character has the EXACT SAME character arc, some of the returning jokes are really forced, Mantis is essentially just there, and some of the Guardians' personalities seem off. But at least it's still trying to be a good time. Most of the setpieces are really fun, Ego may not be original but he's charismatic and I loved that bomb he dropped, Yondu is great throughout all of it, the original jokes are great and overall it's just a good time, which is fine. It's not great like the first, but it was good enough for a fun movie outing.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: AH I see. I consider MOS vastly superior. Was never a superman fan before. He was one dimensional and boring but I liked how they deconstructed him and made him actually relevant. Plus Im a sticker for origins story. Gotg 2 was just meh. Fun to watch but meh. MOS was more of an intense darker film while gotg 2 was essentially just a mediocre blockbuster

TaserFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan was an absolute masterpiece. GotG 2 was a good summer flick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: Lol the funny part is that was exactly why I was into MoS to begin with. I even wore a Superman cape to the premiere because I was so convinced this would be the movie to make me care about Superman and finally see what everyone else saw. But it ended up not being that film at all (especially when they made the baffling decision to make the film, that was supposed to humanize Superman, from an outsider's perspective. Really odd).

Luckily, I fell in love with the character through a different method later on ^_^

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: Curious what method you used? Animated shows/movies?

anyways mos i think gets undeserved flack. For example, who the hell complains about supes snapping zods neck but also is ok with superman killing a powerless zod in SM 2?

Thats another topic though....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: Smallville actually. Finally turned Clark Kent into a human being. I own all 10 seasons now and I'm currently reading the Season 11 comics from time to time.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: I see. Yeah tv shows generally are better for deconstructing characters but it would have been even shittier if superman had started off as this perfect lovable dude where everyone accepts him,

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelastdragonborn: True. I just feel like MoS went too far in the other direction and had too many flaws. But hey, it's cool that you enjoyed it :)

BvS, on the other hand, gets all of my hatred and ire XD

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Warlockmage

Logan= Masterpiece rivaled by only 2 or 3 other CBMs

GoTG 2 was good but not "Masterpiece" level

JoeTwoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan.

Autarchist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan played on superficial attachment to Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine. It was more a synopsis of a plot studio execs found to be "emotionally charged" than a cohesively-written film. While it's true that Logan had the makings of a great movie, its potential went unrealized. Evil Wolverine was about the most on-the-nose "he's fighting himself!" symbolism they could've gone for. The Logan experience is just watching the extended trailer, and thinking of what it could've been.

GOTG2, in comparison, is a solidly-written film that featured good acting, good directing, and above all, clever writing. Note how every detail in the first act later comes into play. Character arcs are introduced and naturally developed. Action and humor was enjoyable. Logan was a just a good concept that fell off halfway through (right at the time Evil Wolverine shows up all effort went out the window plot-wise), and is only regarded as special because of the premise - what if Wolverine were old and dying?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 was a really fun movie, but Logan was a work of art.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went to see both with 5 friends and all 6 of us enjoyed Guardians more

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ManMadeOfKetchup

Logan played on superficial attachment to Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine. It was more a synopsis of a plot studio execs found to be "emotionally charged" than a cohesively-written film. While it's true that Logan had the makings of a great movie, its potential went unrealized. Evil Wolverine was about the most on-the-nose "he's fighting himself!" symbolism they could've gone for. The Logan experience is just watching the extended trailer, and thinking of what it could've been.

GOTG2, in comparison, is a solidly-written film that featured good acting, good directing, and above all, clever writing. Note how every detail in the first act later comes into play. Character arcs are introduced and naturally developed. Action and humor was enjoyable. Logan was a just a good concept that fell off halfway through (right at the time Evil Wolverine shows up all effort went out the window plot-wise), and is only regarded as special because of the premise - what if Wolverine were old and dying?

I agree, Logan's good but not as great as some here are trying to make it sound. The story in Logan was kinda dull, the only thing really interesting about it was Wolverine finally getting to be truly violent.

Avatar image for tartaruzthegreat
TartaruzTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TartaruzTheGreat

More jokes landed for me in Logan than in guardians of the galaxy volume 2, which was filled with unfunny poop, d*ck, nipple, scrotum jokes and just unfunny jokes that dragged on for too long in general. Only joke that landed for me was the Mary Poppins joke, the gold people were completely pointless, the acting from Drax was horrendous in my opinion, and the movie seems more inclined to laugh at itself instead of making the audience laugh (Drax laughing scene and Rocket Raccoon laughing at Tazerface). The tone was pretty inconsistent and baby groot was not necessary in the movie and added nothing to it except for people who want to see something cute. Guardians of the galaxy volume 2 would almost be bad if it were not for the awesome finale, that in my opinion saved this movie from being mediocre and brings it up to being great, the chemistry between the characters were also great despite the cheesy dialogue, Ego was a great villain and Yondu was amazing. And I have to admit the ending was pretty emotional although not to the extent of Logan.

Logan had far superior acting to gotg 2, including Dafne Keen who was exhilarating to watch, it had nuance and had some of the most human moments I've ever seen in superhero movie, the fight scenes were gritty and intense, and the Western element fits the character of Logan perfectly. However the movie is more of a character study than a superhero movie, and the script can be weak at times as well as the villains, who were also well-acted yet lacked depth, but Logan was full of unforgettable moments.

The way Logan handled humor was also very clever in comparison to Guardians, there were scenes that portray how pathetic the characters have become and creates pathos, at the same time it can be viewed as funny and can act as a moment of levity. For example, the "I want to pee" moment followed by Logan taking Professor X to the toilet, it wasn't humor for humor's sake and felt natural, it is funny from a certain point of view but depressing from another.

The dinner scene in Logan more than makes up for the mediocre villains and occasionally weak plot, it was well-acted, comforting and endearing, the smile at the end of the scene by Hugh Jackman was one of the most memorable shots in the movie. It's the little moments in Logan like when Logan carries Xavier upstairs and Laura watching them, and how Laura keeps staring at the boy in the dinner scene, fascinated by how carefree and upbeat he was, that made this movie simply mesmerizing.

However, X-24 was a little bit of a wasted opportunity, his introduction at the farm instantly made him one of the scariest villains ever put into a superhero movie, and had a horror element to it. He was portrayed as pure, unadulterated rage, even Logan simply stared at him in shock and possibly fear during their first staredown. The ending fight should have had the same atmosphere and yet it just didn't have that same feeling. Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart both delivered Oscar Worthy performances, especially Hugh Jackman, both for playing Logan and X-24. I can see Logan's eulogy for professor X, Professor X's speech about his most perfect night, and the dinner scene as being worthy of at least a nomination. Both movies were great, Logan was slightly just a better movie in general. I'm just glad we've got 5 amazing superhero movies this year already. Logan: 8/10 Guardians of the Galaxy: 7/10

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan and its not close

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tartaruzthegreat:

5 amazing superhero movies

5? The Lego Batman Movie. Gotg2. Logan. Wonder Woman. That's 4. Am I missing something?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan tops GotG2 in virtually every conceivable aspect. Aside from humour saturation.

Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Chris-Sama

@nicksmi56: Pretty similiar to me just a complete 180 on tone. Both are just okay.

MOS stomps gotg 2 though

Neither man of steel or BvS come close to any marvel movie. Both trash

Rolex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan is up there with TDK. This isn't a fair comparison.

Wakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan by far, although GOTG 2 was fun.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By helloman

Logan.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chris-sama said:
@thelastdragonborn said:

MOS stomps gotg 2 though

Age of Ultron, Gotg 2, Iron man 2, Iron man 3, Ant man, Thor 2, thor 1, and cap 1 dont come close to Man of steel. All trash

CosmicMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

Every aspect? Not at all.

Visual Effects, Costume Design, Makeup, Original Score, Cinematography, Production Design and Color Grading were all better on Guardians Vol. 2. Yes, most of these categories may be technical things but those are still vital in a movie.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Superhero24

guardians 2 yolostomps here......sike. Logan was the better made movie, but I would watch guardins 2 more than Logan. Logan is just so sad and dark.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan.

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan was incredible. GOTG2 was decent.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicmuffin: I disagree with Original Score and cinematography. Everything else on that list are not important.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

Every aspect? Not at all.

Visual Effects, Costume Design, Makeup, Original Score, Cinematography, Production Design and Color Grading were all better on Guardians Vol. 2. Yes, most of these categories may be technical things but those are still vital in a movie.

Original score in Gotg2 is better? Have you heard the music in Logan?

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

SaviorSorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan.

CosmicMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp:

Yes, they are important. Imagine if Logan's claws looked like they did in Origins. It would take you completely out of the film. Imagine if Rocket's movements looked completely fake. What do you know, it would take you completely out of the film. Everything you see on screen and believe, is because visual effect artists spent months perfecting it. In that case, Guardians Vol. 2 is way more impressive.

Production Design is incredibly important, I doubt you even know what it is.

Color grading is important as well. I'd never in a million years want Guardians Vol. 2 to have the same color grading as lets say... Age of Ultron.

Makeup and Costume Design are not as important as the others but it still adds to the elements of film, which is also imporant.

CosmicMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey:

Have you heard the music in Guardians Vol. 2??

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Don't get me wrong, Logan's score is good and I love the western elements in it but I just feel Guardians is more memorable and a bit better.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Logan for sure, but not in every way. Guardians Vol. 2 had a few elements that I personally thought were better. It's overwhelming humor at times for an example or how GD adorable Baby Groot was. It also has that sci-fi beezaz, that I love. However in almost every single way that really matters, Logan was superior.