• 70 results
Posted by Edamame (28606 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Logan or Avengers: Infinity War? (136 votes)

Logan (2017) 39%
Avengers: Infinity War (2018) 60%

Which of the two aforementioned comic book movies do you prefer?

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#1 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17869 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity War for me. Logan is overrated.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
#2 Posted by deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan was good closure

IW was fun

#3 Posted by k4tzm4n (41764 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are great accomplishments. Infinity War is an unprecedented achievement and Logan finally unleashes the character we've all been waiting to see in a brutal and emotional farewell.

#4 Posted by mexcomics2078 (3139 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity War definetely. Logan is severely overrated and boring at some points (for me ) people loved this movie because it was the last high jack man movie as the wolverine

#5 Posted by k4tzm4n (41764 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity War definetely. Logan is severely overrated and boring at some points (for me ) people loved this movie because it was the last high jack man movie as the wolverine

Nothing wrong with not liking the movie but I don't believe it's fair to say that people like it just because it's Jackman's last film. It could've been a disappointing last film to most people. Thankfully, many don't think that - myself included.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#6 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (4462 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity War because its been building up for 10 straight years and it delivered big time with the combination/ complexity of all the characters. Logan was great but it was just to depressing.

#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (41764 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity War because its been building up for 10 straight years and it delivered big time with the combination/ complexity of all the characters. Logan was great but it was just to depressing.

Dude's got a depressing life.

#8 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12944 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough call. Leaning towards IW, but I might still be prisoner of the moment

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
#9 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (9109 posts) - - Show Bio

IW and it’s not even close.

#10 Posted by mrmonster (15986 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan, and it's not even close. Logan is the second best superhero movie of all time, behind only The Dark Knight.

#11 Posted by rahiem9123 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan

#12 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18373 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan, easily. I liked IW quite a lot for an action movie, but that's what it was...an all out action movie without a lot of any real drama unless you'd seen most of the other MCU movies.

Logan was a very dramatic film that worked on several levels, drama, action, psychological thriller and you barely even had to know much about the X-Men to enjoy it.

#13 Posted by Gamer-Guy (3354 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by PenguinDust (9380 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan is a much better movie, but I probably prefer IW. I don't know how much rewatch value IW has compared to other celebrated CBM's, but I do know that while Logan is better in my mind, it's also more depressing, and I like happy stuff. Yes, I realize how crazy that sounds considering the sacrifice and loss in IW, but there's a lot of hope and some good jokes in there to keep my attention.

#15 Posted by m2k (609 posts) - - Show Bio

IW. Has every element of Logan as far as emotional impact times 1000. Lol.

#16 Edited by The_Magister (14453 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan is objectively the better film, but Infinity War is such an incredible spectacle.

I enjoyed Infinity War more, but if I put my bias aside then I have to concede that Logan is better.

But since the question is "Which you do you prefer?", I gotta go with Infinity War.

#17 Posted by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity War easy. Other Xmen movies were better than Logan

#18 Edited by DoctorDaMn (994 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan is the best cbm of all time...

#19 Posted by Jgames (8214 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, they both are amazing movie can not choose bc I want to say infinity war, but after the hype die down I feel like overall Logan is a complete package.

#20 Posted by Manchine (6328 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan #43 out of 51 CBM's

Avengers Infinity War #1 (of course this could change as time goes by)

#21 Posted by titing2101 (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

didnt really like logan that much. not bad but not great

#22 Posted by Lucid_Dream (96 posts) - - Show Bio

The one that was nominated for an academy award

#23 Posted by SpongeGar (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity war

#24 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan is like the best designed car in the world, and IW is the first ever airplane.

#25 Posted by ImMadNice (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan was meh for me. Days of Future Past is the best X-Men movie by far

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
#26 Posted by Sophisticated_Ignorance (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Apples and Oranges too completely different movies.

#27 Posted by MonsterStomp (36974 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity War is the best thing since The Dark Knight.

Jeez.. how many times do I have to say it.

#28 Posted by Frozen (21133 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd give the edge to Logan.

#29 Posted by g2_ (11981 posts) - - Show Bio

IW.

#30 Posted by katanalauncher (3718 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan is pretty overrated imo, I put Civil War higher in the same year of CBM.

IW is slightly better than Civil war for me, so it's better than Logan.

Avatar image for dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee
#31 Posted by DragonBornTookAnArrowToTheKnee789 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan.

Better characters, better tone and overall more well written.

#32 Posted by TDK_1997 (18774 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think we should really compare these two movies exactly. Their concept is really different and both were impactful for different reasons. Logan was a more emotional and dramatic movie and finally showed the real self of the character. While Infinity War is just a great cinematic achievement due to its great use of a large number of characters and managing to structure a strong enough story.

However, if I really have to choose, I guess Logan.

#33 Posted by adamTRMM (9364 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan of course.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
#34 Posted by deactivated-5bb52f8f25413 (7026 posts) - - Show Bio

Unpopular opinion here, but Logan for me. I just don't like how they nerf Thanos so much. It's quite unacceptable for me.

#35 Posted by loyngulpany (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@amberprice: How is he nerfed?? He won in the end but ur saying he is nerfed??

#36 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan. IW was a mess.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#37 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (4441 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan by far. A masterpiece in so many ways.

The (SPOILERS)

I don't wanna go is nothing when compared to "It wasn't me, Charles" or Logan's death. Overall Logan is deeper.

#38 Posted by loyngulpany (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespartanb345t: Well I don't wanna go part was better than It wasn't me Charles but not better than Logan's death

Avatar image for staticspeedster
#39 Posted by StaticSpeedster (2573 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand people who say Logan was overrated. The movie got the reception it deserved, just leave it at that. I love both films but of course I have to go with Infinity War. The MCU has been hyping this sht up for a while and the hype plus the movie itself got me good and wanting for more.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#40 Edited by TheAmazingSpidey (17869 posts) - - Show Bio

@staticspeedster said:

I don't understand people who say Logan was overrated. The movie got the reception it deserved, just leave it at that. I love both films but of course I have to go with Infinity War. The MCU has been hyping this sht up for a while and the hype plus the movie itself got me good and wanting for more.

Perhaps overrated is the wrong term to use because film is a subjective medium, but I didn't think Logan was nearly as good as people made it out to be. The emotional core of the film was forced and not well-developed, Laura wasn't a well-written character, the third-act was weak, the symbolism was on-the-nose and clunkily handled and Xavier's sendoff wasn't done justice for such an iconic character.

It's supposed to be a character-driven film, but the character stuff isn't particularly strong.

Still a solid movie - the performances, music, cinematography and action are among the best of the genre - but it didn't resonate with me.

#41 Posted by Eto (5349 posts) - - Show Bio

#42 Posted by Farkam (12057 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither.

#43 Edited by The_Wotan (573 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan, easily. I liked IW quite a lot for an action movie, but that's what it was...an all out action movie without a lot of any real drama unless you'd seen most of the other MCU movies.

Logan was a very dramatic film that worked on several levels, drama, action, psychological thriller and you barely even had to know much about the X-Men to enjoy it.

Avatar image for general_disarray
#44 Posted by General_Disarray (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

so different it's hard to compare but i had more fun with IW

#45 Posted by Essem (355 posts) - - Show Bio

Logan is a very good movie.
IW is a very good CBM.

The standard for those 2 are very different in my mind.
Logan is better for me personally aswell. I did quite like IW, even if it didnt hit me quite as hard as i would of liked.

#46 Posted by Amcu (17070 posts) - - Show Bio

IW curbstomps. I didn't like Logan. Too depressing.

#47 Edited by deactivated-5bb52f8f25413 (7026 posts) - - Show Bio

@loyngulpany: do you read the comics? Thanos, in the comics, even without the IG, has consistently easily defeat characters like Silver Surfer, Thor, etc. He is a legit planet-buster, survived 3-point blank screams from Black Bolt (a single scream from Black Bolt can destroy planets), has blasted Galactus flying all over the universe, held his own against Odin, etc. Much more recently, he defeated a Phoenix Force-powered Thane.

#48 Posted by MarlboroMan (2919 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinity war was maybe the best Superhero movie but Logan was more than a CBM. An actual good movie.

#49 Posted by loyngulpany (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

@amberprice: Sorry I only read a few comics I'm not actually buying comics because it's too expensive for my country. Yeah I know he is that powerful but he is still powerful in the movie even though he is nerfed. He maybe nerfed but not on the same level as Thor

#50 Posted by deactivated-5bb52f8f25413 (7026 posts) - - Show Bio

@loyngulpany: well, in the comics, only guys like Odin, etc. can defeat him easily whereas in the movies, even Iron Man made him bleed a little and he gets annoyed by Spider-Man's webs. That is quite unaccapteable for me.