• 51 results
#1 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello fellow Viners,

Today I would like your tier lists when it comes to MCU/DCEU durability. Now, we are talking about durability as the complete package (blunt force/energy/piercing/etc).

I want to use a ranking system A-F with A being the top tier and F being the lowest tier.

Rules - Durability must not come from gear nor armor (unless said armor is the source of power like Iron Man. So this means Cap no shield, WW no shield, Steppenwolf no armor. We can’t use Ronan or Malekith because the gems may or may not amp their durability. Black Panther’s suit IS allowed).

An example list would be as follows (my opinion);

A - Doomsday, Superman, Thor, Thanos

A Minus - Hela (on Asgard), Zod, Steppenwolf

B - Diana, Hulk, Kurse, Final Form Ultron

B Minus - Faora, Namek, IW Iron Man

C- Aquaman, Vision, Loki, Cull, Ares

C Minus - Giant Man, Drax

D - War Machine, Cyborg, Black Panther, Killmonger, Corvus, Proxima, Groot, Luke Cage

E - Spider-Man, Captain America, Bucky, Gamora, Flash

E Minus - Batman, Star-Lord

F - Black Widow, Wanda, Hawkeye, Okoye, M’Baku, Dr Strange

Let’s hear it guys. Let me know if I missed anybody!

#2 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m debating on putting Steppenwolf in the A Minus. What do you guys think?

#3 Edited by macleen (3263 posts) - - Show Bio

IM should at least be a B minus( new suit)

#5 Posted by Avatar_of_Gaea (572 posts) - - Show Bio

What macleen said and I'd put Spiderman iron spider suit to D- or D

#6 Posted by jayc1324 (26421 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki did not take significant damage from a thrashing by Hulk, a Mjolnir bullrush by Thor, the Bifrost explosion, and can survive the vacuum of space. He should for sure be in C at least

#7 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@avatar_of_gaea: I left out the Iron Spider because that would be considered gear for him. I wanted this to be without gear (excluding Iron Man and War Machine and BP/Killmonger as their armor is who their character is).

#8 Posted by Avatar_of_Gaea (572 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Thorthunder98 (6588 posts) - - Show Bio
@jayc1324 said:

Loki did not take significant damage from a thrashing by Hulk, a Mjolnir bullrush by Thor, the Bifrost explosion, and can survive the vacuum of space. He should for sure be in C at least

Yea Loki should be C for sure

and Hela on Asgard should also definitely be A nothing hurt her the whole film.

#10 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: I originally had him at C, but then changed him for some odd reason.

Anyways, upon looking at this list, I think I have maybe overrated gearless Diana and Ares. And underrated Steppenwolf. What do you think?

#11 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by TonyMartial (8840 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: Yeah Steppenwolf is a tank. The guy tanked heat vision, punches from Superman and lightning from Prime Zeus (which took out the motherbox unity).

He gets lowballed a lot on this forum because of how easily Superman took him out, the guy was beating Aquaman and Wonder Woman.

#13 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@macleen: Iron Man IW changed to B Minus.

#14 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonymartial: Steppenwolf and Ares for sure should not be in the same category. Ares was obliterated by a blast that Step tanked.

Step took heat vision, a thrashing from Superman, Diana’s bracers, Zeus’s lightning, and Ares’s axe. Yeah. He’s going to A Minus.

#15 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6588 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: Feel like Cull should maybe be one lower but I can't remember how his fight with Iron Man went but he was knocked down/ hurt by Black Panther on Wakanda. Need to see IW again to judge but I don't see Cull having more durability than Final Form Ultron who I think should maybe be one higher but I don't really remember many durability feats from him so can't argue it I'm just thinking in universe.

Diana could maybe be one lower considering her piercing durability and I can't recall many energy durability feats maybe the one from the tower exploding but she seemed to have felt that a bit and the grenade explosion but she seemed slightly hurt from that too. Ares lightning shouldn't count because she absorbed it or controlled it with her bracers. I could see an argument for her being left there though she has good blunt force durability.

#16 Edited by Thorthunder98 (6588 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Lord E-Minus he tanks quite a lot more than most peak humans also Mantis E minus too. I'm not sure where Rocket would go I can't remember his durability probably just in F

Adult Groot should be D

#17 Posted by Kevd4wg (12491 posts) - - Show Bio

Final Form Ultron should be way higher then his current level. The dude tanked hits from Thor, he should be at least B-, though tbh B or A- is a better hit.

#18 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorthunder98: added Star Lord and Groot!

Cull and Ares changed to C! Ares should not be above Ultron who tanked a blast that would have killed him.

Final Form Ultron changed to B! Took hits from Mjolnir, Hulk, and the tri beam that would have disintegrated most on this list.

I haven’t moved Diana but I’m debating. She isn’t bulletproof (otherwise she wouldn’t have needed her shield in No Man’s land), the grenades did affect her during her fight with Ares, most of the punches/blasts thrown at her have been blocked with bracers or her shield. Ugh. I don’t know.

#20 Posted by Gazool (1229 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, all of them in B- are actually more durable than a gearless Diana (assuming Kryptonians are adapted).

Rest all is fine. Also where is Doctor Strange at?

#21 Posted by TonyMartial (8840 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@gazool: where would you put Strange? I can’t believe I left him out.

#23 Posted by Gazool (1229 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#26 Posted by Latis (114 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage? I put him at C minus or C.

#27 Posted by The_Magister (13461 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU Matt, CW Oliver, and MCU Ward definitely top this list due to their feats against superhumans

#28 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25709 posts) - - Show Bio

Luke Cage should be added in D. Pretty solid all around.

MCU Matt, CW Oliver, and MCU Ward definitely top this list due to their feats against superhumans

They're a tad above the people mentioned in F, but not on level with the E guys, IMO (I'm assuming that's DCEU Batman in his suit up there).

#29 Posted by The_Magister (13461 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_magister said:

They're a tad above the people mentioned in F, but not on level with the E guys, IMO (I'm assuming that's DCEU Batman in his suit up there).

No, they're above A. Their feats are too good.

#30 Posted by Kevd4wg (12491 posts) - - Show Bio

Mack is like honestly E tier

#31 Posted by ANTHP2000 (25709 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000 said:
@the_magister said:

No, they're above A. Their feats are too good.

I forgot about this.

Matt needs a new tier list where he's the only person in the list, he just doesn't have that many high end showings because he's unspeakably faster and more skilled than anyone who dares cross his path. Oliver fell from a multiversal cliff after getting stabbed by Ra's, who "swings harder" than the Black Sky and Ward took 3 omnipotent bullets to the chest before engaging Coulson in H2H, whose mechanical arm qualifies as a TOAA level weapon.

#32 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@latis: super late but damn forgot about Luke Cage. Added him in.

#33 Edited by Latis (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920 I would make the case Luke Cage is C level durability or C minus if Drax is C minus level. Only because Luke Cage duability feats in general are more well rounded and explored than Drax . I think Drax best Durability feat was thanos punches and ronan punches from what I have skimmed over, all of which LC would absolutely replicate. Anyone can debate me on that.

#34 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@latis: Drax’s best durability feat IMO was in GOTG2 when he was dragged through the forest at a high speed when their ship was crashing. Not only did he tank it without a scratch, but he was laughing.

#35 Edited by Latis (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: You are absolutely right but I was saying Luke Cages durability over all is more impressive considering all the durability factors such as piercing, cutting, and also you have to take in consideration Luke Cages Possibility to replicate this feat. Luke Cage is no slouch in the blunt force durability department, holding a grenade in his hands and taking no damage, surviving a massive point blank tnt explosion, iron fist punches to the head ex...ex. Drax simply does not have enough durability feats for me personally justify putting him in a separate tier above Luke Cage, I have not even got into LC piercing feats and cutting.

#36 Posted by SocaJunkie (8322 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh I think Peter is in his own tier like D- since he's taken hits that would kill Cap and the rest of the people in that tier, he's even got better blunt force durability than Luke.

#37 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@latis: I honestly haven’t even seen LC season 2. But those are some awesome feats.

#38 Posted by Latis (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: Neither did I after season 2 he can no sell chuitari metal bullets, and run faster than usain bolt casually i guess the acid bath made him stronger or smth.

#39 Posted by Latis (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: What blunt force damage did peter sustain that is greater than luke?

#40 Posted by SocaJunkie (8322 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by Latis (114 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

@socajunkie: lol how did I know you were going to say that? First of all when talking about durability you have to take in account of all the traits, there are four main ones that being blunt force, piercing, energy, and chemical in Lukes case. Could peter do this? He has also taken electric saws to his body and chitari metal bullets, peter cant tank regular bullets. Luke Cage has better blunt force durability feats than peter regardless of this, Iron Fist punches are comparable if not even stronger (Look at Iron Fist New Season Trailer he takes out a cargo truck with it.) on top of this Luke Cage held a grenade in the palm of his hands as it exploded and his hands didn't even move. Don't forget the shocker feat isn't impressive because of how far it launched peter but because it moved flipped a buss, peter is a light weight Shocker hits LC with the same blow he does not get launched nearly as far, I find it more likely LC survives a Shocker blow than Peter the explosion above ^. Also keep in mind we don't know how far Diamond back or Iron fist would have punched peter due to Luke Cage's density large males cant make him budge without him using any strength.

#42 Posted by SocaJunkie (8322 posts) - - Show Bio

@latis:

lol how did I know you were going to say that? First of all when talking about durability you have to take in account of all the traits, there are four main ones that being blunt force, piercing, energy, and chemical in Lukes case. Could peter do this? He has also taken electric saws to his body and chitari metal bullets, peter cant tank regular bullets.

All of this is irrelevant since I specifically said blunt force.

Luke Cage has better blunt force durability feats than peter regardless of this, Iron Fist punches are comparable if not even stronger (Look at Iron Fist New Season Trailer he takes out a cargo truck with it.)

Not sure how this is better than flipping a bus like a toy, regardless, Peter did take more than one Shocker hit.

on top of this Luke Cage held a grenade in the palm of his hands as it exploded and his hands didn't even move.

Yep, not seeing how this is better than flipping buses like a toy.

Don't forget the shocker feat isn't impressive because of how far it launched peter but because it moved flipped a buss, peter is a light weight Shocker hits LC with the same blow he does not get launched nearly as far

I have no idea what you're talking about here, how far each get launched isn't relevant, it's the damage done which is relevant and Peter took hits that flipped buses like toys, hits that I haven't seen taken by Luke.

The fact that Luke weighs more so he'd get sent flying less has nothing to do with durability, that's just physics. And given the power of the blow we're talking about, it isn't any large distance difference.

, I find it more likely LC survives a Shocker blow than Peter the explosion above ^. Also keep in mind we don't know how far Diamond back or Iron fist would have punched peter due to Luke Cage's density large males cant make him budge without him using any strength.

We're talking about blunt force. You have no way of knowing if the shockwave from that explosion is so far above Peter's durability, it likely isn't since that shockwave wouldn't have sent buses flying, sure there's energy dispersion but still. Other than that, fire is the main form of damage from that explosion which Luke is seen no selling but that also...has nothing what so ever to do with blunt force.

#43 Edited by Latis (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie:

Wrong:"All of this is irrelevant since I specifically said blunt force."

It is not irrelevant because if you are making the argument that Peter would be a higher tier in durability he has to be higher over all I proved that even if Peter can take more blunt force he cannot take piercing, energy (fire) or even the kinetic force of TNT explosion of that size. I see now why you said it was irrelevant though nice try.

Wrong: "Yep, not seeing how this is better than flipping buses like a toy."

This is irrelevant, I made my point that Luke Cage can no sell attacks from very heavy hitters (Iron Fist, Diamondback). As for the grenade feat that is a impressive blunt force feat but on a smaller scale, for starters if peter do you think peter could hold a grenade in his hand? No? The point I was trying to make was that this feat extends to his whole body no selling a grenade point blank it higher than what Peter could tank. Also peter you don't know if peter tanked a buss level attack the power of the previous punches were weaker especially the first punch. The second punch was a casual back hand swing we don't know if it was buss level the swings he made at buses could have had more power in them. And don't say that he cant control the power put out because the first punch was very weak.

Loading Video...

Conclusion : Luke Cage may have higher blunt force durability, it can be argued he could replicate shocker feat. But the reason he stays in tier e is because he has no feats for piercing, slashing or even, energy (Fire in our case). Given the tier list is durability over all it makes sense peter is at E.

#44 Edited by SocaJunkie (8322 posts) - - Show Bio
@latis said:

It is not irrelevant because if you are making the argument that Peter would be a higher tier in durability he has to be higher over all I proved that even if Peter can take more blunt force he cannot take piercing, energy (fire) or even the kinetic force of TNT explosion of that size. I see now why you said it was irrelevant though nice try.

My god, why don't you actually read my original comment again. I said Peter should be in his own tier because he has taken hits that would kill the others in E, the only point where I state he's above Luke is in blunt force durability, which is why I said he should be in D-, which you'd notice is below Luke overall.

Yes, everything you said which wasn't blunt durability is irrelevant.

This is irrelevant, I made my point that Luke Cage can no sell attacks from very heavy hitters (Iron Fist, Diamondback). As for the grenade feat that is a impressive blunt force feat but on a smaller scale, for starters if peter do you think peter could hold a grenade in his hand? No? The point I was trying to make was that this feat extends to his whole body no selling a grenade point blank it higher than what Peter could tank.

When did he no sell from Danny?

Grenades don't mainly deal blunt force damage, you can keep playing the 'I don't see him replicating x feat' but I don't see Luke replicating what Peter showed against Shocker.

Conclusion : Peter may have higher blunt force durability, although it can be argued he could replicate. But the reason he stays in tier e is because he has no feats for piercing, slashing or even, energy (Fire in our case). Given the tier list is durability over all it makes sense peter is at E and not D as everyone in the tier above has a greater variety of durability feats, although if there was a D minus I would put him there.

At this point I'm convinced you haven't actually taken in what I said in my first post in this thread. With your last clause you've even agreed with my main point which was tier D-, his blunt force durability is head and shoulders above everyone in E but his overall durability is lower than D.

But hey you've wasted my time and yours if you thought that all along.

#45 Posted by Latis (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: I agree that peter should be in his own tier but his blunt force resistance is high, though peter was not taking buss level attacks. The second punch was a casual back hand swing we don't know if it was buss level the swings he made at buses could have had more power in them. And don't say that he cant control the power put out because the first punch was very weak.

Loading Video...

#46 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#47 Edited by rem (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Thanos so high? His duribility was what made him less powerful in the movie. Should be B.

#48 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (4099 posts) - - Show Bio

@rem: Why? Because Stormbreaker, a weapon that is the most powerful in the history of Asgard, was able to pierce him?

Everyone in the A tier has been taken out or harmed by some sort of weapon or beam or explosion.

Thanos absolutely no sold Hulk’s punches, ships crashing into him, buildings coming down on him, etc.

Stop.

#49 Edited by rem (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: Thanos was hurt by spider mans kicks, caps punches, pushed back by iron mans drop kick, and hurt by star lords small bomb, and almost got beat my anteam of B and C tier avengers (besides strange)

By the way, stormbreaker doesn’t have 1 feat to say it can even hurt a high tier. Gauge stammers don’t count buddy.

I like how you tried to say thanos no sold a building coming down on him, when he quite obviously used the PG.

thanks without the Ig is hulk level from what we’ve seen.

anyone on B tier can no sell everything you just said, but I’d agree with everything else you’ve said.

#50 Posted by DrPepperMan (6288 posts) - - Show Bio

In no particular order. If I don't include someone it's because idk them.

S: Dormammu, Surtur, Ego.

A: Doomsday, Thor, Thanos, Superman.

A-: Hela, Zod, Ultron.

B: Hulk, Kurse, IW Iron Man.

B-: Steppenwolf, Faora, Namek, Vision.

C: Loki, Aquaman, Cull Obsidian, Giant-Man.

I pretty much stop caring here.