Lightsaber or Thanos' Sword?

• 66 results
Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll: Lightsaber or Thanos' Sword? (60 votes)

Lightsaber 57%
Thanos' Sword 43%

Which weapon is more powerful?

• 
g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Thanos' Sword

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Thanos' sword stomps.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos sword has better feats. saber is overrated.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve never seen a light sabre torn apart as easy as Thanos sword.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MetalJimmor

Lightsaber seems way more dangerous. Thanos' sword is incredibly durable but if you don't have Thanos' strength I highly doubt you're going to replicate any of his high end feats. Additionally Thanos needs to swing his weapon hard to actually get results. With a lightsaber even a gentle touch can be debilitating.

Basically, anyone could pick up a lightsaber and be a huge threat. Unless you're Hulk or Thanos the Thanocopter sword thing is basically just an awkwardly shaped, poorly designed hunk of space metal that you probably couldn't even lift.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Do you automatically get thanos size and strength if you pick his sword? Cause I'm pretty sure it would be just about useless for a regular person to even try picking it up

Tzimiscelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you are strong enough to properly wield thanos sword ( and if not, the comparison makes no sense) then thanos sword.

BubblegumMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos sword of course, but Lightsaber is more badass.

nn5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos' sword

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightsaber hands down.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightsaber is overrated. Have never seen feats of lightsaber that are impressive on a powerhouse level.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Highly durable heavy sword vs a blade that can cut through just about anything regardless of the amount of force you put behind it. Tough one...

JoshTaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos sword is a very tough sword but as we see in the beginning of the fight between the three avengers and thanos, captain america was blocking his sword just fine in the beginning. It was only when thanos was really going in for the kill that the sword started to chip away at the shield, which leads us to believe that it requires someone of thanos' strength to fully use the sword.

Lightsabers are incredibly hot condensed blades made out of plasma that can cut/burn through seemingly anything with relative ease. Qui Gon was able to easily burn through thick, multi-layered blast doors.

It all depends on which perspective we look at. Thanos' sword can dish out incredible damage and block repulsor rays from iron man but it takes an individual of extreme physical strength to properly wield it.

Lightsabers are more flexible in its use and can be wielded by just about anybody and still deal out decent amounts of damage.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos sword has better feats than the saber.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Kidolio

The lightsaber, duh. Thanos’s sword doesn’t have any special properties it was only so dangerous because it was wielded by a strong skilled guy. The only thing notable about the weapon was for how durable it was and how it could boomerang, that’s it.

Wielding a sword that was as durable as that weapon would get Thanos about the same results as using his own weapon.

And no that weapon does not deal notable damage, Thanos does, its his hands that are swing that hard, if you gave the Hulk Buster that weapon it wouldn’t be able to replicate THANO’S feat.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jashro44  Online

Lightsaber is overrated. Have never seen feats of lightsaber that are impressive on a powerhouse level.

The sword itself isn't power house level though. It was when thanos was wielding it but Thanos is a power house without the sword.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtf am I gonna do with a sword that's like twice and a half times my size? Lightsaber, to answer the question. More utility, more powerful, more compact and imo, more deadly.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one here can weild his sword. Too big and heavy.

Lightsaber I'd easier to carry, looks cooler, can behave as lights and also a nice weapon.

DannyPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DannyPhantom

Who the heck wants to lug around a big ass sword like thanos’s. Also like he said^^ without the proper strength it would be hard to do much of anything

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos’ sword is impractical sooo...yeah.

im_late

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightsaber obviously.

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have two Thanos' wield a Lightsaber and his sword and then the Lightsaber would come out on top.

Bearderby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightsaber for me

I'd rather take Katana made out of Uru over that shitty ass heavy inefficient designed sword

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos' sword is one of the least functional or practcal swords I've ever seen created

Fantaman11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Light saber is much cooler but Thanos sword claps

Avatar image for detectivesomerset__
DetectiveSomerset__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightsaber is way way cooler

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For this comparison, think this weapon like mjolnir. If you choose Thanos' Sword, you will have the super-strength to wield it.

@kidolio said:

The lightsaber, duh. Thanos’s sword doesn’t have any special properties it was only so dangerous because it was wielded by a strong skilled guy. The only thing notable about the weapon was for how durable it was and how it could boomerang, that’s it.

Wielding a sword that was as durable as that weapon would get Thanos about the same results as using his own weapon.

And no that weapon does not deal notable damage, Thanos does, its his hands that are swing that hard, if you gave the Hulk Buster that weapon it wouldn’t be able to replicate THANO’S feat.

It has. It can rotate 360 degree and fast enough to block energy blasts. And he can use it like boomerang.

Loading Video...

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Michaelbn

Mcu and thanos wank is beyond understanding.

Dadb0dg4m35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless Thanos' sword is made out of cortosis (an alloy that can block or deflect lightsabers) i would go with lightsaber hands down. It would cut right through Thanos' sword. If Thanos' sword WAS made or cortosis then which would win is dependent on the wielder. Me personally i would take the lightsaber still but thats because i know how to fight with a lightsaber more than a blade of Thanos' design.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of these, Lightsaber. If I could choose any fictional melee weapon... probably Wolverine's Claws (retractable, unbreakable, can cut through anything, etc.)!

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Erkan12

@dadb0dg4m35 said:

Unless Thanos' sword is made out of cortosis (an alloy that can block or deflect lightsabers) i would go with lightsaber hands down. It would cut right through Thanos' sword.If Thanos' sword WAS made or cortosis then which would win is dependent on the wielder. Me personally i would take the lightsaber still but thats because i know how to fight with a lightsaber more than a blade of Thanos' design.

That sword deflected Iron man's and Thor's combined energy blast, and one-shotted a wizard's magic shield. It would easily deflect a lightsaber.

Since the first order stormtrooper deflected a lightsaber with his own Z6 riot control baton weapon, as well as magnaguard's electrostaff can deflect lightsabers too.

I don't think a lightsaber can cut Cap's Vibranium shield, Iron man's energy blast as well as Loki's scepter blast didn't even put a scratch on Cap's Vibranium shield.

eri123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightsaber.

Avatar image for detectivesomerset__
DetectiveSomerset__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mcu and thanos wank is beyond understanding.

He made a post arguing with anyone on why thanos sword is stronger , thanos profile picture and argues for marvel even in mismaches lol.

ByondEon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor's skin is durable enough to tank a lightsaber. Take that as you will..

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mrmonster  Online

Lightsaber

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jashro44  Online

I mean even if we have the strength to wield the sword and its accommodated to our size making it practical we're still not as strong as Thanos. We're not strong enough to slice through vibranium. A lightsaber is still more practical and it can burn through metal so you don't need super strength to cut stuff that is really durable.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TakenStew22

I don't understand why people are saying lightsaber. What feats do they have that are comparable to cutting vibranium?

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Thanos' hands, the sword is more powerful, but anyone below high-tier levels of power would be better off with a saber.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Erkan12

@takenstew22 said:

I don't understand why are people are saying lightsaber. What feats do they have that are comparable to cutting vibranium?

Also the sword can rotate 360 degrees, which deflects energy blasts. It's very useful against the opponents who can use energy blasts.

Without using the Force precognition, the user of a lightsaber can't deflect energy blasts.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Cutting through the shields of a CIS frigate.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lightsaber. Unless you're super strong then the sword would be as useful as an ordinary broadsword.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KillBilly

@takenstew22: A capital ship in a universe where capital ships can tank three one million ton ships being plowed into them at relativistic speed.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: A capital ship in a universe where capital ships can tank three one million ton ships being plowed into them at relativistic speed.

Damn. That seems OP enough.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Erkan12

@killbilly said:

Those ships has deflector shields from outside. Without the deflector shield, it's very vulnerable. A single proton torpedo destroyed the moon size Death Star because of a vulnerability from outside.

If a spaceship uses deflector shield, lightsaber can't penetrate. Similar to this;

Loading Video...

What you're saying is cutting a metal which has no deflector shield. Regular energy blasts from outside of a spaceship can penetrate that metal as well. It's nothing special.

This is the same technology with the deflector shield, and both Anakin and Obi-Wan are helpless against it despite having a lightsaber.

No Caption Provided

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Wolfrazer

@killbilly: What in the heck you talking about? When in Disney Canon, which is what I’m assuming is being used given the OP, has that happened? In fact the OP is probably meaning the movies only.

None of what you put has happened in the movies, unless I’ve missed something but I doubt it. I certainly don’t remember in the movies or TCW a CIS cruiser withstanding 3 ships crashing into it