Li Qiye,Meng Hao and other xianxia character discussion.

• 54 results
debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

So lately people have been going around spamming xianxia vs other media threads in which they claim that li qiye is 13*infinite steps of infinite dimensional without even reading the goddamn novel.Can someone please at least give one reason for this?

johnsmjs36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have already redacted my previous statement. I am behind the story so I have already concede in previous post. I will only comment after I get in later chapters. Though even in current chapters Li Qiye seems to possess atleast similar level of powers to Bai Xiaochun. I was actually mislead by my friend. So, I will answer after I bymyself have read the later story.

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnsmjs36:

which chapter are you on?I dont see the cosmology reaching even close to er gen's(but I too am at the early chapters).But it is clear that the difference between the realms are finite as the nine worlds exist on equal footing and the immortal emperors go to the 10th world indicating that the difference between the 10th world and the nine worlds is still finite.

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By debunkdude
debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By debunkdude
debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnsmjs36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debunkdude: over 350. Mortal world alone is way too big. There are eight other worlds without counting three immortal worlds and other worlds too. A different domain has its own galaxies, compounds going beyond millions of miles in length, countless stars and much more. Also, Li Qiye was around Meng Hao level around 1200 to 1500 chapters. Currently I think it has crossed 3000 chs. In 100+ chs Li Qiye had star level feats. After being a Noble( Cultivation wise he has just reached the fodder in first minlr arc) he had a galaxy busting feat with Emperor treasure( you have to know that to even use that amount of destructive power you yourself possess that much amount of energy and Li Qiye was confident that he could use that few more times simultaneously.) The galaxy destroying feat is more impressive considering the world is protected by countless layers of Dao Concepts.

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnsmjs36:

I am around chapter 200 and I dont remember star

level feats but I skip most text which is just information overload so I may have missed something but I do remember a universal feat with kun pengs six variations(involved some parallel universe).But the main thing is The worlds are big but nothing I have found so far is Infinite.Those infinite steps of infinite D claims sound ridiculous.

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also can you guys enlighten me about the relative positioning of tenchi muyo characters compared to umineko and ISSTH?

Avatar image for thisisausername
ThisIsAUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've read the raws, around ch 3k there were countless infinite d worlds or something of the sort Li Qiye casually escaped where even first ancestors, chars way beyond 12 will emperors could never dream of escaping. He destroys the verse shortly after that iirc.

ThisIsAUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Around 1.8k or more chaps, Li Qiye casually used the power of an entire epoch (multiple generations) and used it to stomp a bunch of god tier beings. Li Qiye was beating up false immortals with his will alone. The Thought Scripture makes him a Chinese Battler, while he was a mortal he massacred a bunch of of god tiers and he was beating up a False Immortal with it while having literally no cultivation.

johnsmjs36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debunkdude: When completing his minor tribulations, he unleashed his blood energy dwarfing Ancient City which is millions of miles, drains stars and dims them.

ThisIsAUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnsmjs36: Li Qiye with the Furious Tyrannical Physique can literally unlock his potential and use it to increase his blood energy to stupendous heights.

johnsmjs36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debunkdude: I think its because you are in just starting. We are still in fodder level afterall.

ThisIsAUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Li Qiye becomes stupidly op when he reaches the Tenth World. More information will appear there. But, that is if you can get past all the young master galore lol

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By debunkdude

@ThisIsAUsername:

Countless infinite D worlds?See This

http://animevice.boards.net/thread/12843/li-qiye-medaka-kurokami

But then again when the translation comes out people may still misinterpret those as higher dimensions when in context those dimensions refer to parallel universes.The same thing happened with those "spatial dimensions" in ISSTH when in context and in other novels(like a will eternal)dimensions clearly mean parallel universes but you guys still consider them as geometrical dimensions.

etriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By etriel

@debunkdude said:

@ThisIsAUsername:

Countless infinite D worlds?See This

http://animevice.boards.net/thread/12843/li-qiye-medaka-kurokami

But then again when the translation comes out people may still misinterpret those as higher dimensions when in context those dimensions refer to parallel universes.The same thing happened with those "spatial dimensions" in ISSTH when in context and in other novels(like a will eternal)dimensions clearly mean parallel universes but you guys still consider them as geometrical dimensions.

And VSBattles (a far larger community) agrees that those dimensions are geometric. What's your point? Getting butthurt and whining, so you cite the opinions of others that agree with you, that you agree with because it's your agenda.

That thread didn't even properly conclude. And you cite it?

Don't tag me for your butthurt garbage, Infinite-D and beyond XianXia stays in this forum and will stay that way.

As for NW, that guy is intelligent, but he is an airhead when it comes to criticizing Dimensional Tiering (and does it horribly) as I had demonstrated. Do not feel confident about certain people agreeing with you.

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@etriel: It does not matter if vsbattles is a large community or not the number of people that consistently read xianxia are still limited(can bet that you are not one of those).And No those dimensions clearly represent parallel universes(In context or otherwise)you tell me how a higher dimension can superimpose a lower dimension when by definition higher means bigger?And no I m not a butthurt I just get irritated by this baseless and contextless claim of infinite steps of infinite d.By the way my main target was not meng hao.It was li qiye

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay do you guys know that I am not joking.lets discuss meng hao first.

Read this taken from the machine translation of ch 1346(the one mentioning the dimensions).It only mentions the words space even givng the exact word in chinese used for it.Even the translation itself is clear in that it mentions that those dimensions superimposed over each other.You tell me how higher dimensions can SUPERIMPOSE OVER LOWER ONES.

Meng Hao saw innumerable Space, these Space vary, some are fuzzy, some are clear, changes to silk threads, these silk thread Meng Hao are familiar, when he displays Eighth Hex each time, these silk threads will appear from the nihility, winding the body of executed legal person, seal opposite party cultivation base and Nascent Divinity.Originally, Meng Hao thinks these silk threads, is the natural law principle in Heaven and Earth, may in this moment, he see clearly finally, understands finally, these silk threads... It is not natural law, is not principle!They are Space!Space, overlapped way, in way of suppression, imprisons cultivator cultivation base and Nascent Divinity one after another!

Originally, Meng Hao thinks these silk threads, is the natural law principle in Heaven and Earth, may in this moment, he see clearly finally, understands finally, these silk threads... It is not natural law, is not principle!They are Space!

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the translations

“Size, can also be an expression of space....” Among the countless dimensional spaces, he saw that they could be described in terms of length, height, breadth, and overall size. And yet all of that seemed to be only a portion of what space was. Those were all... descriptions of space.

Even though it states that all of the countless dimensional spaces could be described in terms of L,B,H and size.I wonder How higher geometrical dimensions can all be classified under the same category(of being identified with L,B,H and size).It is also made clear that missing thing is essence of space(though I am not sure where it was stated)not higher dimensional axis.

etriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debunkdude: Since you prefer to reference other websites, rather than make serious arguments, why don't you go make a CRT revision on VSBattlesWiki?

Or you probably lost a debate there and you are desperately hoping you could muster Anti-XianXia skepticism on this forum?

This is so immature and boring.

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By debunkdude

@etriel: Hmmm vs battleswiki..

Their main xianxia person is zaratthustra,and their main argument for even 1-A kept changing(sometimes they used definition of dao,sometimes those countless space dimensions,sometimes their awesome cthulhuwank definition of 1-A).The one being immature is you as I am presenting evidence while you are dismissing everything and blindly following the decision of vsbattles.In the ISSTH thread by matthew they said that a translator said that the word 空间 used for dimensional spaces means actually space but the meaning could change in context.Hmmm where is the context?

Another thing is that My main Target was not meng hao in the first place.It was LI QIYE.

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zgtfreak:

sorry if you didn't want to be tagged but I respect your opinion and want you to see this thread

ThisIsAUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debunkdude: You still haven't provided a proof that I have seen that the spatial dimensions in ISSTH are parallel universes. All you do is link other sites and keep saying parallel universes blah blah blah. You literally sent an anime biased site, and using your logic those translations may point them out to be spatial dimensions or not. In the ISSTH thread, IIRC didn't a Chinese person already said that these are spatial dimensions? And isn't Matthew who keeps insulting users for proving these are spatial dimensions?

johnsmjs36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debunkdude: L,B and H are used as a means to identify those as spatial dimensions. And about Li Qiye it seems you are still in fodder level and seems to skip the explanations in the story. Those info overload that you seem to skip has informations about the verse and general powerlevel. I donot want to offend you but please at least read through the whole story before giving your judgement. I mean you were saying Li Qiye is not of Meng Hao's level after reading 200 chs. At that point Li Qiye hadn't even properly cultivated and hadn't even shown his abilities. You can't say Goku is not Frieza's level after just watching Dragonball.

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dimensions Meng controls aren't parallel universes in any way whatsoever. They're clearly supposed to be geometrical dimension shenanigans, he uses them to make a 2D circle into a 3D sphere, and then to trap a guy in a 2D painting. Parallel universes are never mentioned in that chapter, other universes only appear when Meng leaves the Vast Expanse.

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That said, ISSTH gets pretty wanked here due to some out of context quotes mixed with lack of knowledge of the verse + extremely exaggerated interpretations.

johnsmjs36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By johnsmjs36

@ThisIsAUsername: "Space... is nothing more than countless threads, formed together into a pattern. The patterns formed by those threads... are space! Meng Hao shook his head, then waved his hand, causing a circle to appear beneath his feet."

"They are flat, but actually.... He waved his right hand, causing a thread to stretch out from the circle, and then pass over him. In the blink of an eye, the circle of threads was no longer flat, but had transformed into... a sphere!

With an additional thread, it is no longer a circle, but a sphere, like a world.... It's too bad my enlightenment is insufficient, and I cant sustain it for very long."

Yes they are not spatial dimensions at all but parallel universes.

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debunkdude: Also, are you complaining about people wanking Li Qyie without reading the novel when you actually haven't read it yourself? >_>

johnsmjs36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: Li Qiye hadn't even reached Royal Noble in Ch 200 or even properly fought. Royal Noble are basically fodder not just in later chapters its basically Kindergarten level. He doesn't even read full chapters just skips through long texts. If he didn't then how would he have thought that the spatial dimensions are parallel universes in ISSTH.

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnsmjs36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: He hasn't read the chapter. I think he reads whatever he finds on Animevice. I mean it takes a very powerful understanding the Dao to say, length, breadth, etc= parallel universes.

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jucaslucasa: Ok listen

I totally accept that I haven't yet read the novel and I am currently reading It and I am totally not downplaying it.also I generally try to avoid information skipping but when the author just goes crazy it cant be helped.you see I saw a thread here on comicvine(planet south heaven calculation)where john said that there are 13 realms in emperor's domination with each realm having infinite steps of infinite dimensions.Then I went and saw the emperor's domination wiki......

Also one does not need to read something completely to have a sense of cosmology.

The first 9 realms of emperor's domination stand on equal footing.The 10th realm is only FINITELY STRONGER than the lower 9.Think of it as a higher level region in RPGs with overall stronger energy density.about the 3 immortal universes I don't know but I don't see any possibility of infinite steps of infinite higher dimensions.

And also the links to the site I gave was to spark the debate.To give you the idea I wanted to be debated,not to end the thread.

I will deal with meng hao after some time(exam)

Please don't be hard on me :)

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnsmjs36: I never said that L,B,H represent parallel universes neither the translation said that they meant spatial dimensions.It said that those dimensions could be expressed in terms of L,B,H

And you are totally ignoring the chinese machine translation I quoted.Also royal noble may be a trash cultivation level but it is li qiye we are talking about

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnsmjs36: I was just using the machine translation to highlight the word "space".

johnsmjs36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debunkdude: also I think I have already said that I was reading different novels and had to go with my friend about EDverse. That's why I have said to ThisIsAUsername that I will only argue of ED till what I have read. Also I have already posted about the meaning of space above.

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By debunkdude

@johnsmjs36: OK

Currently I am a bit busy with an exam so I will bring this topic up in 2-3 days .Thank you for listening to me.

johnsmjs36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And If I recall correctly I have already advosed others to not use ED god tiers in battle because I haven't completed it and it would only bring wanking. Wanking is one thing I don't like and using god tiers I haven't great knowledge about would only bring wanking. ThisIsAUsernams seems to be more knowledgable about ED than me. So, I tend to ask for his opinions regarding such matters.

ThisIsAUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ThisIsAUsername

@debunkdude: You do notice the wiki of ED lacks a lot of information, with some of the important aspects of the story literally blank pages or non existent? Most of the happenings after 2.2k+ or so chapters aren't even recorded there, they are mostly in spoiler threads you find all around the internet. I've actually read the raws and know how stupid his hax is, which is the main thing that makes him so strong.

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ThisIsAUsername: after 2-3 days I will do some more research.Can you tell me the exact chapters

Where infinite higher dimensions come into play?

ThisIsAUsername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debunkdude: I don't remember thr exact chap. It should be around 3000+, more info about the verse is expandes during mid-end 3IW arc.

debunkdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ThisIsAUsername: ok thanks i will see what i can understand through machine translations

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@debunkdude: If your only source of information regarding the later parts of the novel is the wiki, then you can't complain about other people not having read the series. Wikis themselves are only fan-made stuff, they're not any more valid than what anyone else who has read the series has to say about it.

Also, regarding the ISSTH dimension thing, those are clearly meant to be geometrical dimensions. He uses a thread to turn a 2D circle into a 3D sphere:

He waved his right hand, causing a thread to stretch out from the circle, and then pass over him. In the blink of an eye, the circle of threads was no longer flat, but had transformed into... a sphere!

With an additional thread, it is no longer a circle, but a sphere, like a world ...

Chapter 1346

You definitely should not use machine translations, especially for Chinese, they're meme-worthy terrible, the quote you used above is an incomprehensible mess.

johnsmjs36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: I think its my fault here. I was reading couple of different Novels at the same time so I got confused. Though I have already said to not take that seriously as it would probably be wrong. I have said it to Zara too. Also, I agree that Machine Translation is horrible. Still, I don't get why it is hard for him to accept Xianxia as strong. History No 1 Founder has crazy beings in their that would beat most characters with their hax alone. Martial World is also crazy OP.

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnsmjs36: Well, these types of novels can get into some complicated cosmologies and power systems. Er Gen's Essence, for example, does get pretty complicated, I've been discussing it on Discord with some other people, and trying to quantify stuff related to it is a headache.

Quotes are thrown around a lot, and a lot of people get the wrong idea. For example, Meng saying that there (probably) are infinite realms of cultivation. In context, he's speaking in general about the whole power system, including levels he hasn't reached yet, but some people take that and say that he's infinite lvls of infinity strong and shit. Some people say that Bai's universe is on a "higher plane of existence" compared to Meng's, and that's not really true, it's just another part of the larger multiverse, etc