modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By modernww2fare
No Caption Provided

5 movies in - what improvements can be made to the franchise?

- Only one suggestion per post!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By buttersdaman000

Rewind time, release MoS before Iron-Man :/ lol

DemFeetTho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

to far gone. reboot is the only option.

#WB/DCfilmsmatter

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

If Suicide Squad does indeed suck..Then i recommend this DCEU follows Kevin Durant's motto: If you cant beat em join em.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

make MOS longer for the story to develop better , change the director for BvS

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Kidd

Stop playing the catch up game, its too late.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DCEU's consistent failure is getting disgusting.

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lawz

@buttersdaman000 said:

Iron Man is still far and away a better film. Don't see how that solves anything.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I´m going to screw the one suggestion per post rule, sorry.

Option 1

- Make Batman (Affleck) and Wonder Woman movies before BvS Dawn of Justice

Option 2

- Keep Nolan heavily involved in MOS. Keep Nolan heavily involved in BvS

Option 3

- Make the DCEU around the Nolanverse.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't give the Joker tats, don't make Batman kill, choose from 1 of 1737618947 quintillion amazing DC story arcs and don't stray too far from them but far enough to keep those who read the stories intrigued. Add smiles. Add daylight.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

I'm sorry but Nolan makes horrible fight scenes , he would nerf batman AGAIN , Nolan is a great director but his style of fdirecting isn't fit for a CBM type universe

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: that´s why that was option 3

He could write and get others to direct

He could amp his Batman somehow in that fictional DCEU too..

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawz said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

Iron Man is still far and away a better film. Don't see how that solves anything.

It sets precedent

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mfundroid

Band-Aids don't fix bullet holes. Something's gotta give.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

I have a question. Does Suicide squad belong to DCEU? If so, I got some serious questions.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Nothing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Patience... this is an endurance race not a 100 meter sprint. WB have spent the last three years trying to catch up when they need to pull back and build.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Kill Batman

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#22  Edited By stormshadow_x

Don't do BVS.... just go the Marvel route, not like they made it.

Give everyone a solo movie and if you want make BVS after that then JL

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

ewwww

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bighero6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kill Superman he bring so much plot hole.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Actually learn how to edit and not cut a bunch of scene that makes the movie flow horrible. Is seem like that is the main problem with Suicide Squad similar to BvS which wasn't a bad movie, it just the UC made it a giant mess. Either learn to make the story flow without those scenes, or freaking don't cut at all.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

WB needs to stop panicking and thinking about dollar signs. They need to focus on making good movies instead of making money.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This.

Or just fire every head at WB, but keep DC's current directors.

Avatar image for deactivated-o78sdg008
deactivated-o78sdg008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try to write a coherent, gripping plot (this shouldn't too difficult, DC has a wealth of great storylines), don't make random changes to beloved characters just for the sake of being edgy, up the stakes and quickly introduce the God like villains DC is known for (like Despero, Mongol, Trigon and obviously Darkseid), build it all up to COIE.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

there's no way that the Batman that we see in the Nolan films would be able to stand a chance against anything that Batfleck did though

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get rid of this edgy grungy bullshit. Aquaman shouldn't look like some average douche or Rob Zombie. The colors shouldn't be a rusty bronze or dark blue. Wonder Woman is not a twig. Simple stuff.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get out of the Batman safety zone for a few movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@depinhom said:

I have a question. Does Suicide squad belong to DCEU? If so, I got some serious questions.

Yeah it does.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@nicksmi56: Then why in the trailer do they talk about Superman like he is alive.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

At this point reboot

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawz said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

It sets precedent

If one of us starts building a house with a concrete foundation, and the other one decides to use french fries, it doesn't matter who started building first. The house built on french fries is gonna end up being a colossal crap show.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawz said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@lawz said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

It sets precedent

If one of us starts building a house with a concrete foundation, and the other one decides to use french fries, it doesn't matter who started building first. The house built on french fries is gonna end up being a colossal crap show.

Your analogy would make sense if MoS was a critical, financial, and overall failure. It wasn't.

So, again, it sets precedent lol as would the 4-5 movies that come after it before the MCU even gets started

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawz said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@lawz said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

It sets precedent

Your analogy would make sense if MoS was a critical, financial, and overall failure. It wasn't.

So, again, it sets precedent lol as would the 4-5 movies that come after it before the MCU even gets started

The vast majority of moviegoers, both comic fans and the uninitiated alike, would say Iron Man is a better film than Man of Steel. This argument that MCU is successful simply because they beat DC to the punch is a non sequitur.

If you wanna say that Warner Brothers has made a serious of mistakes because they are trying to catch up with the Marvel/Disney Juggernaut, then ok.

If you're saying that if these same movies, Man of Steel and BvS, would be wildly successful had they just come out before the MCU, then I disagree completely. Average movies are average movies irregardless of precedent.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By buttersdaman000

@lawz said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@lawz said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@lawz said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

It sets precedent

The vast majority of moviegoers, both comic fans and the uninitiated alike, would say Iron Man is a better film than Man of Steel. This argument that MCU is successful simply because they beat DC to the punch is a non sequitur.

If you wanna say that Warner Brothers has made a serious of mistakes because they are trying to catch up with the Marvel/Disney Juggernaut, then ok.

If you're saying that if these same movies, Man of Steel and BvS, would be wildly successful had they just come out before the MCU, then I disagree completely. Average movies are average movies irregardless of precedent.

IDC what movie you think is better lol the MCU set precedent with Iron-Man

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawz said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@lawz said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@lawz said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

It sets precedent

IDC what movie you think is better lol the MCU set precedent with Iron-Man

I get that, and I'm legit not trying to flame you here. I'm just trying to understand the basis for your argument.

If we found ourselves in a world where the MCU didn't exist, are you saying that the DCEU would then be successful if it existed in a vacuum?

Or are you saying that the precedent set by the MCU caused the DCEU to be rushed to the point where the quality of the product was compromised?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By buttersdaman000

@lawz:

I'm saying that if Iron-Man came out 5 years after the DCEU was established, even if it was far better than anything else released, people would expect certain things. Personally, I think Man of Steel is better than any Marvel film that came out in that same time span outside of Iron-Man, yet, it suffered from the precedent Iron-Man (and the 1978 films) set. People, and critics alike, had an opinion of how Superman, and CBM's in general, should look and feel. Instead of saying MoS was "dark and gritty" they'll be wondering why Iron-Man was "corny and childish". Neither of those fi those respective descriptions, but when you juxtapose them against each other the differences are highlighted. Also, yeah, catch-up is a valid reason as well.

Lawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawz:

I'm saying that if Iron-Man came out 5 years after the DCEU was established, even if it was far better than anything else released, people would expect certain things. Personally, I think Man of Steel is better than any Marvel film that came out in that same time span outside of Iron-Man, yet, it suffered from the precedent Iron-Man (and the 1978 films) set. People, and critics alike, had an opinion of how Superman, and CBM's in general, should look and feel. Instead of saying MoS was "dark and gritty" they'll be wondering why Iron-Man was "corny and childish". Neither of those fi those respective descriptions, but when you juxtapose them against each other the differences are highlighted. Also, yeah, catch-up is a valid reason as well.

That makes sense and I understand where you're coming from with the precedent argument now.

Doofasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000 said:

This.

@lawz:

I'm saying that if Iron-Man came out 5 years after the DCEU was established, even if it was far better than anything else released, people would expect certain things. Personally, I think Man of Steel is better than any Marvel film that came out in that same time span outside of Iron-Man, yet, it suffered from the precedent Iron-Man (and the 1978 films) set. People, and critics alike, had an opinion of how Superman, and CBM's in general, should look and feel. Also, yeah, catch-up is a valid reason as well.

The claim that Iron Man created some sort of precedence and established a specific modus operandi for CBM's as the reason the DCEU is struggling doesn't really add up. Batman Begins came out 3 years earlier and The Dark Knight came out the same year, both of which are critically acclaimed box office smashes (The Dark Knight raked in twice the revenue of Iron Man). If any precedence was already set it was by the Nolanverse and Iron Man went directly against said precedence.

The DCEU is struggling through a lack of foresight and rushed story telling and production, brought on by them trying to play catch up. In the MCU audiences had individual films for most characters (sometimes multiple films) all linked with one another before a team-up or multiple main character movie was ever filmed. Even though some of those movies were pretty bad (Thor and Captain America 1), it still gave the audiences some character development, so come Avengers time we already cared for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Loki and a host of minor characters.

Also the DCEU has suffered from hiring Zack Snyder as the director of MOS and BvS. The guy can and does create stunning visuals, however he leaves a lot to be desired in regards to story telling, which for me is far more important when you're dealing with an extended universe and multiple movies/characters.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doofasa said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

@petey_is_spidey said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

This.

@buttersdaman000 said:

@lawz:

I'm saying that if Iron-Man came out 5 years after the DCEU was established, even if it was far better than anything else released, people would expect certain things. Personally, I think Man of Steel is better than any Marvel film that came out in that same time span outside of Iron-Man, yet, it suffered from the precedent Iron-Man (and the 1978 films) set. People, and critics alike, had an opinion of how Superman, and CBM's in general, should look and feel. Also, yeah, catch-up is a valid reason as well.

The claim that Iron Man created some sort of precedence and established a specific modus operandi for CBM's as the reason the DCEU is struggling doesn't really add up. Batman Begins came out 3 years earlier and The Dark Knight came out the same year, both of which are critically acclaimed box office smashes (The Dark Knight raked in twice the revenue of Iron Man). If any precedence was already set it was by the Nolanverse and Iron Man went directly against said precedence.

The DCEU is struggling through a lack of foresight and rushed story telling and production, brought on by them trying to play catch up. In the MCU audiences had individual films for most characters (sometimes multiple films) all linked with one another before a team-up or multiple main character movie was ever filmed. Even though some of those movies were pretty bad (Thor and Captain America 1), it still gave the audiences some character development, so come Avengers time we already cared for Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, Nick Fury, Loki and a host of minor characters.

Also the DCEU has suffered from hiring Zack Snyder as the director of MOS and BvS. The guy can and does create stunning visuals, however he leaves a lot to be desired in regards to story telling, which for me is far more important when you're dealing with an extended universe and multiple movies/characters.

You're whole second paragraph explains why releasing MoS before IM 3 would fix their problems. If that was done, they would no longer have to play catch up. They could run at their own pace and by their own guidelines, and wouldn't feel the need to have to be better than the Avengers, since it wouldn't exist yet.

Lastly, I'm sick and tired of the whole "Snyder doesn't know how to tell a story" bs. If you don't get the story in BvS or MoS or don't understand it, fine. If you don't like his darker, more grounded take on Superman, fine. But don't sit here and tell me that "all he cares about is visuals" bs that everyone seems to love to regurgitate. His story is there; it's well thought out, well written, and has many underlying, great themes. Are their some hiccups, in MoS and BvS story? Sure (especially in the TC of BvS). But to just sit here and say that there's no story is an insult to Snyder, Goyer, Terrio, and Nolan.

The story is VASTLY superior to the flat, basic story telling of nearly all the MCU films.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

they can still salvage it and make it more likable but honestly they shouldnt have made one in the first place imo. They should have chosen a hero(GL,WW,or Flash) and made a film series around them instead or put out some really good lesser name heroes that blow marvel out the water and work on strengthening the comic side and animated film side for a while and maybe start up when marvel is on a sharp decline in popularity which i figured is coming sooner or later

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: -have zack read a pre 52 barry comic, a pre 52 supes comic, a pre 52....

HAVE HIM READ PRE 52 COMICS FOR ALL THE CHARACTERS

-explain to him that barry allen is not peter parker

-put green lantern in the justice league instead of aqua man

-put martian manhunter instead of cyborg

-have alfred confront bats about his killing

-make the stand alone batman movie with the story of under the red hood

-make a prequel to it based on death in the family

-maybe a live action killing joke?

-keep ben affleck

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@modernww2fare: -have zack read a pre 52 barry comic, a pre 52 supes comic, a pre 52....

-put green lantern in the justice league instead of aqua man

For a guy who says Snyder should read Pre-52 comics, you do know that Aquaman is in nearly every incarnation of the JL right?

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Use a time machine and make a good Superman movie in place of Man of Steel.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kbroskywalker

@deathstroke52: and green lantern is in more of them

i like mmh more than aquaman, so I'd prefer to see him