Legend of Zelda: Rauru respect thread

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

Alright now I know this might be a little...strange given the fact that the Sages don't appear a whole lot within the LoZ franchise. But seeing as I'm bored and there isn't too much information, I figured...well why not?

Besides, there is also scaling one might do too at least. All in all though this is just sort of a mini respect thread for one of the Sages within the LoZverse because...eh I'm bored, so with that said.

Link to other LoZ RTs

Agahnim

Ganondorf

Majora

Knights of Hyrule

Princess Zelda/Sheik

Vaati

Zant

Link Part 1

Link Part 2

Respect Rauru the Sage of Light!

No Caption Provided

Power: (Quotes)

Rauru. the Sage of Light, constructed the Temple of Time, which contained the only existing entrance to the Sacred Realm, where the Triforce for located.

- Hyrule Historia

He constructed the Temple of Time, which contained the only entrance to the Sacred Realm.

With power stronger than both time and the Master Sword, Rauru sealed the Sacred Realm. The pedestal holding the Master Sword was closed behind the Door of Time, and the keys to opening the door(Spiritual stones of forest, fire and water) were protected by their respective people.

- Hyrule Historia

Has power stronger than both time and the Master Sword, enabling him to seal the Sacred Realm.

The Triforce was placed in the Temple of Light, located in the Sacred Realm, which was now isolated from Hyrule. Protecting the Triforce in the Temple of Light, Rauru became the guardian of the power of the gods.

- Hyrule Historia

He's the guardian of the Triforce.

Within the Temple of Light, the cornerstone of the Sacred Realm, the ancient sage Rauru watched over Link in a small area called the Chamber of Sages. Link, guarded by Rauru, slept for seven long years.

- Hyrule Historia

He protected Link as he slept for 7 years.

The sage who created the Temple of Time in eras long past. Before Link drew the Master Sword, Rauru took on the form of an unusual bird named Kaepora Gaebora, watching over the boy as he progressed in his adventure.

- Hyrule Historia

He can also take the form of a large owl as shown in OoT, watching over Link as he progressed.

Rauru was the Sage of Light, who had continued his vigil over the Sacred Realm since time immemorial.

- Hyrule Historia

He has lived an extremely long time.

Power(Scaling/Scans)

No Caption Provided

Rauru says he has little power within the Sacred Realm, this might not look much at first but given that the other 5 Temples across Hyrule were plagued with curses, it might be enough to note that Rauru was still at least powerful enough to ward off any evil that might be within, at least for a time.

When Princess Zelda played her harp, she imparted her wisdom to Link. She instructed the hero to break the curse on each of the five temples and awaken the sages within.

- Hyrule Historia

As noted, the other Temples where the Sages were located had curses within them and they had to be awakened. Compare this to Rauru who was with Link the entire time protecting him as he slept for 7 long years as Ganon's evil spread.

No Caption Provided

Rauru gives Link the Light Medallion which holds the Sages power, making Link stronger with each one he gets.

Medallions imbued with the power of the awakened sages. With each medallion he obtains, the Hero of Time attains even greater power.

- Hyrule Historia

Now obviously given what's happened, this most likely wouldn't be Rauru's full power, it would be the same with the 6 other Sages.

=====

Agahnim

As evil was spreading across Hyrule, in came the wizard Agahnim who's power was so great that he tamed such evil. The King of Hyrule thought he was one of the 7 Sages reincarnated.

After immense study he was also strong enough to break the seal on the Sacred Realm and open it. This seal being created by the 7 Sages.

Yet Rauru was able to seal the Sacred Realm all under his own power.

======

Ganondorf(W/O Triforce of Power)

No Caption Provided

Now obviously Ganondorf was hunting down the Spiritual stones to get into the Temple of Time. The thing of that though, he wouldn't have been able to get in even if he got the stones and the ocarina of time. Not without Link lifting the Master Sword out of its pedestal.

Which if you recall, Rauru's power is even greater than that of the MS. So it's safe to say that Rauru is superior in power to Ganondorf before he obtains the Triforce of power.

Even before getting the ToP, Ganondorf has shown to be a powerful warlock already.

======

Well there you have it folks! The Sage of Light Rauru!

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Thanks for the tag. Nice thread. A lot of statements and not so many feats, but I understand due to the character. Although tbh I had no idea he and the owl were the same person. You learn something new every day lol

I just recently got back into my love for the Zelda franchise. I bought a Switch and BOTW and began playing it for the first time. I'm about 10 hours in and loving it. Very different from other Zelda games I've played but it's a lot of fun.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan: Eh just did it out if boredom ha. But yeah he is the owl, thanks though! Also yeah BoTW is great, can’t wait till the 2nd one.