L&T Thor overpowers the Benatar CALC: Dwarf Planet level strength

• 110 results
IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rajjarsalt: Yeah but that doesn’t quantify to the benatars highest level of output. It just means that Thor can move the Benatar’s weight and then some which the plane counters. That leaves the feat far below these huge calculations which makes sense because the other workouts don’t show him nearly in the league you are trying to create.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By rajjarsalt
@ironandfire said:

@rajjarsalt: Yeah but that doesn’t quantify to the benatars highest level of output. It just means that Thor can move the Benatar’s weight and then some which the plane counters. That leaves the feat far below these huge calculations which makes sense because the other workouts don’t show him nearly in the league you are trying to create.

But I will challenge the argument of the workouts! Since the other workouts are before the Benatar exercise, it would make sense that they are dramatically weaker! No initial workout is in the same league as the final one! Strongmen agree!

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Not dramatically. You could claim inferior but the multiple you’d have to put on it is nothing you can reasonably argue. I’m in agreement he’s weaker when fat despite WoG saying he was peak power in end game with mjolnir and stormbreaker. For the most part you do use snippets of sound logic and calcs but it’s easy to see where you disregard or intentionally try to befuddle to highball.

w3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, iron&fire comin in hot

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: Not dramatically. You could claim inferior but the multiple you’d have to put on it is nothing you can reasonably argue. I’m in agreement he’s weaker when fat despite WoG saying he was peak power in end game with mjolnir and stormbreaker. For the most part you do use snippets of sound logic and calcs but it’s easy to see where you disregard or intentionally try to befuddle to highball.

You don't think there's a dramatic difference between tossing a boulder and dragging a spaceship???

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: I refuse to become a pawn in your circumlocution. I’ve shared why your calc is incorrect and it’s clear as day in the frame by frame the benatar is in hover mode just as the Milano was in GOTG.

BestSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And spaceship materials resisted just fine.... Materials which got desintegrated by collision with countless trees in Vol 2.

Inb4 "Dwarf Planet lvl" trees like planetary/multiversal ice from GoW 4 game.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: I refuse to become a pawn in your circumlocution. I’ve shared why your calc is incorrect and it’s clear as day in the frame by frame the benatar is in hover mode just as the Milano was in GOTG.

No one cares about the Milano! But since you brought the cat out of the bag...

InfinityMatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure the chain would break if small planet levels of force were being applied to it.

We don’t know the speed, nor would we assume it’s using max speed.

A fully fueled 747 is 368 tons, this looks to be smaller but let’s wank it.

We could assume it’s moving at MHS speeds. Not FTL speeds….

1/2 x368 tons or (717,000 lbs) (1800 m/s )^2.

KE: 526 billion Joules.

It takes around 3.7x 10^28 joules to move the moon out of orbit. Considering it’s mass and orbit speed.

The kinetic energy involved would be nowhere near even moon level strength.

(Someone check my math here).

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: must be planetary like the rope used for nedavellir

Triplek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Triplek

@ironandfire: it's a fantastical universe the rope can be universal if they want to tbh

TheWhiteCrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, unless we can calculate the amount of energy being output by the ship in a hover state, it's virtually impossible to get an even remotely accurate description of how strong Thor is. Furthermore, speed calculations based on space flight don't belong here. Lastly, we also don't know a lot of other such as where this scene even takes place. It might not even be Earth, and just because it looks the same to us, doesn't mean it is. In summation, these calculations are based on a vague guesses, layer on top of shaky assumptions, and utilize random arbitrary numbers without any facts to ground them in.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By rajjarsalt
@thewhitecrown said:

I mean, unless we can calculate the amount of energy being output by the ship in a hover state, it's virtually impossible to get an even remotely accurate description of how strong Thor is. Furthermore, speed calculations based on space flight don't belong here. Lastly, we also don't know a lot of other such as where this scene even takes place. It might not even be Earth, and just because it looks the same to us, doesn't mean it is. In summation, these calculations are based on a vague guesses, layer on top of shaky assumptions, and utilize random arbitrary numbers without any facts to ground them in.

Most if not all calcs ignore air resistance and for good reason, so yes space flight does belong here. "We don't know" is just an appeal to ignorance in disguise, and the hovering claim is disingenuous nonsense - those engines in the scene are used for propulsion