Kurse is stronger than Thanos

#1 Posted by iDevos (30 posts) - - Show Bio

The worst beatings in Thor's 1500 years
The worst beatings in Thor's 1500 years

Both Kurse and Thanos have beat the Hel out of Thor Jobberson but the Dark Elves beating was actually worse. Many people agree with the sentiment that Kurse is stronger with better striking, and also a great many argue against it. But the former is blatantly true.

Kurse inflicted more injury upon Thor than Thanos did. Yeah Thor has a bloodier lip from Thanos but thats literally all, and it just means Thor got hit on his lips more in that instance than against Kurse.

Thor was a bit woozy against Thanos but he was still able to recover and fight on to the point that he could resist all of Thanos' strength when he tried to impale him with Stormbreaker. Immediately after he's able to laugh at the sight of Cap holding Mjolnir as if eveything that happened beforehand was a joke too.

Thor against Kurse was completely powerless. There was nothing he could do but watch as Kurse went ham on him. Kurse was so much of a beast that he deflected a lightning charged Mjolnir like it was a fly.

No Caption Provided

In conclusion Kurse really is a bigger threat than Thanos. Look at how his strikes make the ground tremble. Bonus gifs of Kurse's Resume for the DCEU:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He's the black hole to Thor's star level durability

#2 Posted by iDevos (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Thread is a repost because the first time I posted it that mod Morpheus locked it immediately for no reason and simply put: "No one cares"

That same fool leaves threads like this open:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/smash-marry-kill-2039670/

Smash, Marry, or Kill ^

#3 Posted by DeadpoolUchiha (363 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#4 Posted by iDevos (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Akikiki Thanos got nothing but street level hits that failed to K.O Captain America like 5 different times

Avatar image for supermanforever
#5 Posted by Supermanforever (9746 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos was hinted to be the most powerfull being in the universe. So i dont think kurse who was merely a servant for Malekith is really stronger than thanos.

His physicals were pretty good and close to thanos level.

But first of all that thor was yet to become true god of thunder. The one that fought thanos was on a different level with two weapon amps.

Thanos stomped thor much faster and with much lesser hits.

Overall thanos is stronger, but not by much.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#6 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (9387 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: Also as the shot widens when Thanos battled the big 3, he swatted away Thor's hammer and even no look ducked a swing from Stormbreaker.

#7 Edited by nn5 (668 posts) - - Show Bio

I also thought Kurse is stronger until Russos said Thor wasn't actually weaker in Endgame. So Thanos is probably slightly better as he actually KO'd Thor while Kurse didn't with more punches.

#8 Posted by DanielDaRipper (5904 posts) - - Show Bio

No one cares.

#9 Posted by Crater_Maker (183 posts) - - Show Bio

I Think it’s closer than people realize. Kurse Absolutely Fodderized and beat the ever loving shit out of Thor. At least Thor got a few good hits in on Thanos before getting beaten.

#10 Posted by SocaJunkie (9418 posts) - - Show Bio

No one knows the meaning of jobber anymore.

#11 Posted by DreadBringer (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@idevos said:

@deadpooluchiha said:

lol

Akikiki Thanos got nothing but street level hits that failed to K.O Captain America like 5 different times

Cap with shield on can tank even Mjolnir's strikes. Before lifting Mjolnir Thanos only hit Cap with shield on. After lifting Mjolnir Cap basically got Thor's physicals (Love and Thunder will further confirm this as it follows the comic where Jane got Thor's physical stats).

#12 Posted by SabbaVSK (481 posts) - - Show Bio

This is wrong.

#13 Posted by CocaColaMan (1478 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos beat down a physically stronger opponent than Thor in 12 hits. The completely invalidates any arguments for failing to do the same to Thor.

#15 Posted by The_Hajduk (7029 posts) - - Show Bio

Who dealt more damage to Thor is a terrible way of looking at it. That’s just circumstantial.

#17 Posted by camilopezo (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

Awaken Thor >> Dark World Thor.

#18 Posted by CocaColaMan (1478 posts) - - Show Bio

@cocacolaman: Hulk is barely stronger than Thor and needs time to get angry before he even peaks him. Kurse would beat down Hulk just the same.

In the IW scenerio Kurse would get rid of Hulk in one strike... (Hulk goes flying out of the ship)

Hulk overpowered Thor's whole body weight backed by a weapon Hulk used the strength of just one arm. Saying Pre-Ragnarok Thor was just below Hulk in pure physicals would just be wrong. And Kurse vs Hulk would be a very good battle if nothing else.

You do realize that Bucky would be Thanos level if we went by the how-far logic, right?

#19 Posted by eri123 (5282 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this guy Marvelx13?

#20 Posted by icec0ld (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse is the only mcu character I've seen display similar strength to the kryptonians of dceu.

#21 Posted by IAmTheLaw (911 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse is in no way a bigger threat even if he's stronger. His body would burn up sooner rather than later, because of the power kursing through his veins.

#22 Edited by Marvelx14 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_threadder said:

@cocacolaman: Hulk is barely stronger than Thor and needs time to get angry before he even peaks him. Kurse would beat down Hulk just the same.

In the IW scenerio Kurse would get rid of Hulk in one strike... (Hulk goes flying out of the ship)

Hulk overpowered Thor's whole body weight backed by a weapon Hulk used the strength of just one arm. Saying Pre-Ragnarok Thor was just below Hulk in pure physicals would just be wrong. And Kurse vs Hulk would be a very good battle if nothing else.

You do realize that Bucky would be Thanos level if we went by the how-far logic, right?

Ok only after finally being amped enough with anger to do so and immedieatly after he still wasn't strong enough to beat Thor. Kurse can do any strength feat Hulk can but better. Prove that Thor before the events of Ragnarok was weaker. This is the stupidest statement I frequently see on this website and it makes zero sense. Thor unlocked full control over his lightning manipulation he never got increased strength out of the blue.

No it wouldn't. Only a moron would believe that Hulk can give someone who stomped Thor a good fight. The two avengers have always in all iterations been portrayed as more or less physical equals, 50/50, some wins and some loses over one another, they are on the same tier. If a villian was beating up Thor that same villian will clown Hulk just the same if not worse given Hulk is just a brick without diversity at all.

@eri123 said:

Is this guy Marvelx13?

And yes I am... Didn't know I was significant enough on that account to be remembered randomly months after lol

#23 Edited by MattyBoi (2469 posts) - - Show Bio

@crater_maker said:

I Think it’s closer than people realize. Kurse Absolutely Fodderized and beat the ever loving shit out of Thor. At least Thor got a few good hits in on Thanos before getting beaten.

When? Thanos dodged all of thor's attacks.

#24 Posted by CocaColaMan (1478 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelx14:

Ok only after finally being amped enough with anger to do so

Yes. And? It's not like I'm going to argue Professor Hulk or Phase 1 Hulk is going to win.

and immedieatly after he still wasn't strong enough to beat Thor.

Thor couldn't even move when Hulk was pounding on him until he awakened his lightning.

Kurse can do any strength feat Hulk can but better

Well, Hulk has performed far more impressive feats of strength than throwing a rock, so I'd say you're wrong about this.

Prove that Thor before the events of Ragnarok was weaker. This is the stupidest statement I frequently see on this website and it makes zero sense. Thor unlocked full control over his lightning manipulation he never got increased strength out of the blue.

Thor TDW happened in 2014. Ragnarok happened 3 years later in 2017. People like Thor, who fight and stuff constantly, would have gotten more powerful in this time.

No it wouldn't.

Yes it would.

Only a moron would believe that Hulk can give someone who stomped Thor a good fight

Hulk would absolutely be able to fight someone who failed to KO a weaker Thor, especially when Hulk has already been shown as drawing blood from Thor in just one hit. And keep in mind, there is every chance a lot of Thor's injury in the Kurse fight could have come from the rock throw, not the punches.

The two avengers have always in all iterations been portrayed as more or less physical equals, 50/50, some wins and some loses over one another, they are on the same tier.

They are on the same tier when Thor has his lightning and Mjolnir and stuff. In hand-to-hand, Hulk will win, and I can tag people a lot more knowledgeable on comic versions to prove that if you want me to (though it won't exactly be productive.)

If a villian was beating up Thor that same villian will clown Hulk just the same if not worse given Hulk is just a brick without diversity at all.

Thor wasn't using any versatility in the fight against Kurse.

Avatar image for the_agent_of_chaos
#25 Posted by The_Agent_Of_Chaos (986 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse absolutely wrecks that wack green fodder and purple guy.