Knights of Ren new feat

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The Knights of Ren fought the crew of the Bounty Hunters comic in Bounty Hunters #25. The current bounty hunter crew consists of T'onga (basically the main character of the Bounty Hunters series currently), Bossk, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, and Tasu Leech (who has been made out to be something of a badass in the Bounty Hunters comics).

The Knights of Ren appeared to be winning and the bounty hunters only narrowly escaped when 4-LOM limped to open a blast door, and Zuckuss briefly distracted Vicrul by gassing him with the ammonia from Zuckuss' damaged respirator. Bossk even seemed to fear/respect the Knights of Ren.

Overall this is a pretty good feat as some bounty hunters have been able to compete with Jedi and Sith in the past.

What are your thoughts? How would you rate the Knights of Ren now? And does this make Kylo Ren defeating them more impressive?

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedisympathiz3r: I’m not sure if these specific bounty hunters have, I was just pointing out that other bounty hunters have (Cad Bane, Jango Fett, Embo and Sugi, etc.)

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5 frozen  Moderator

@sonofdarkness: What Jedi and Sith did these bounty hunters’ fight?

Man I haven't commented on SW powerscaling in a while, and tbh I don't intend to make a habit of it again. All I have to say is that prime Obi Wan > Vader is the new meta now. Would put him at #3, right behind Sidious and Grandmaster Luke.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: welcome back where you been?

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CryoLancer47

So, the Knights of Ren couldn't even kill fodder who are only implied to be badasses? And those fodders managed to somewhat fight back?

God, they're so lame.

Anyway, nothing changes. Them challenging a bunch of nobodies means nothing to either them or Kylo. Padawan Ahsoka & Bariss still humiliate the fodders in CQC.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: also prime Vader>prime Kenobi 😉

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like a decent feat but I’m not knowledgeable on any of the bounty hunters here so I can’t really say how impressive this feat is.

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@jedisympathiz3r said:

Man I haven't commented on SW powerscaling in a while, and tbh I don't intend to make a habit of it again. All I have to say is that prime Obi Wan > Vader is the new meta now. Would put him at #3, right behind Sidious and Grandmaster Luke.

What? But Prime OWK Kenobi is only > OWK Vader.

Not Prime Vader (RoTJ).

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SonOfDarkness

@cryolancer47: he’s not even >OWK Vader. Fight was circumstantial. Vader is nerfed against Kenobi.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@cryolancer47 said:
@frozen said:
@jedisympathiz3r said:

What? But Prime OWK Kenobi is only > OWK Vader.

Not Prime Vader (RoTJ).

I'll have to watch the series again.. the power scaling is kind of ass in the show.

I don't mind Obi beating Vader (in fact I like it, because it aligns with ANH continuity). The duel was awesome. What I don't like is how quickly Obi regains his former skill.. he goes from shit tier to god tier despite barely training. And even goes beyond his ROTS level, which is dumb.

@sonofdarkness said:

@frozen: welcome back where you been?

Just been busy. I don't plan on sticking around much just came to contribute a little while I can. Good to see you.

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cryolancer47: he’s not even >OWK Vader. Fight was circumstantial. Vader is nerfed against Kenobi.

Really? Interesting. Cause according to Eredin12, the audio-tapes for the episode state that Vader was outright helpless against twin-amp/post-hole Kenobi's assault.

It seems more that Obi-Wan reached a higher level than OWK Vader, instead of the latter getting nerfed. Cause Vader was comfortably overpowering Kenobi in Force, and pushed him back, as well as gave him a little bit of the Mustafar treatment with the punch to the face when he overpowered him in Sabers.

I don't see where Vader was nerfed after Kenobi got the Twins-flashback.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cryolancer47: Palpatine said Vader’s feelings for Kenobi might have weakened him

CryoLancer47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sonofdarkness: That sounds like speculation on Sheev's part. And is contradicted by the on-screen fight.

Because we clearly see how powerful Vader was when he fought Kenobi. And how he didn't hesitate while clashing against him, and even mocked him when he casually overpowered Obi-Wan in Force by sending the rock pillar flying away.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 frozen  Moderator

@sonofdarkness: That sounds like speculation on Sheev's part. And is contradicted by the on-screen fight.

Because we clearly see how powerful Vader was when he fought Kenobi. And how he didn't hesitate while clashing against him, and even mocked him when he casually overpowered Obi-Wan in Force by sending the rock pillar flying away.

I don't think Vader was conflicted against Obi in OWK.

"Pre hole" Obi in OWK is essentially just ROTS Obi, whereas "post hole"/amped Obi is >>> ROTS Obi.

The issue is that pre hole Obi seemingly matched OWK Vader in sabers. Vader only won through force abuse. So OWK Vader was essentially ~ ROTS Obi in sabers. Whereas pre suit ROTS Mustafar Vader was actually confirmed as being hindered, and he was a hard match for ROTS Obi... which means that non hindered pre suit Vader is >>> ROTS Obi. In terms of saber scaling, I'm getting the impression that Pre Suit Vader >>> ROTS Obi ~ OWK Vader.

Whereas in the force its OWK Vader >> Pre Suit Vader >> ROTS Obi.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They’re still fodder

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@sonofdarkness said:

This message has been deleted, click to hide its content.

@frozen: yeah I think you might be right, Knightfall/pre suit Vader > suited Vader in sabers. But in the force suited Vader is much stronger

Suit Vader is definitely stronger in the force... but Knightfall Vader seems a lot better in sabers.

In fact, the most recent Star Wars #25 seems to support the idea that Vader declined in sabers. Shortly after ROTS, Vader spars against Palpatine and is quickly disarmed by Palpatine's force abuse. Palpatine then mocks him saying "you still fight like a jedi" and criticizes his reliance on his saber. He emphasizes that force abuse > saber skill.. so Vader was actively discouraged in focusing too much on saber skill. That explains why suit Vader abuses the force a lot in his duels, even in OWK he uses TK way more than KFV ever did.

@nassergrant19 said:

@frozen: Welcome back man!

No Caption Provided

Yeah OWK Prime Kenobi is OP. I’m pretty much the major driving force behind him being accepted by the majority as Suited Vader tier. When the episode first came out he was heavily being lowballed.

What do you think of my new Top 10 most powerful force user list?

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/new-top-10-most-powerful-force-users-canon-2267471/

Thanks, though unfortunately I can't say I'm sticking around for long.

In the first few eps he was weak.. but I reported the Kenobi leaks months ago... that series Kenobi would be prime. The finale proved the leaks right. It was just a waiting game for the finale. Now I think Obi seems pretty well respected on battles. I'll check out your list soon.. I don't know if I'm sold on ROTJ Vader being above Kenobi, I'll have to think about that one.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen:

Really? Oh I see. Are you eventually going to come back regularly after you finish the stuff you were busy with?

Yeah episodes 1-4 he was Sub-AOTC level. Then in the beginning of episode 6 he reached ROTS level. Then when fully motivated, post-hole he got to Suited Vader tier.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frozen  Moderator
@nassergrant19 said:

@frozen:

Really? Oh I see. Are you eventually going to come back regularly after you finish the stuff you were busy with?

Yeah episodes 1-4 he was Sub-AOTC level. Then in the beginning of episode 6 he reached ROTS level. Then when fully motivated, post-hole he got to Suited Vader tier.

Yeah I have stuff to take care of.

Eps 1-4 he is massively below TPM tier, let alone AOTC. Pre hole Kenobi is basically ROTS Obi and he matched Vader in sabers and even drove him back, but was out matched in the force.

I think the scaling goes something like this:

(Force) - OWK Post hole Obi >> OWK Vader >> Pre suit Vader > OWK Pre hole Obi/ROTS Obi

(Sabers) - Knightfall Vader (non hindered Anakin) >> ROTS Obi ~ OWK Obi ~ OWK Vader

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nassergrant19
@frozen said:
@nassergrant19 said:

@frozen:

Yeah I have stuff to take care of.

Eps 1-4 he is massively below TPM tier, let alone AOTC. Pre hole Kenobi is basically ROTS Obi and he matched Vader in sabers and even drove him back, but was out matched in the force.

I think the scaling goes something like this:

(Force) - OWK Post hole Obi >> OWK Vader >> Pre suit Vader > OWK Pre hole Obi/ROTS Obi

(Sabers) - Knightfall Vader (non hindered Anakin) >> ROTS Obi ~ OWK Obi ~ OWK Vader

Yeah agreed in regards to that scaling.

It’s crazy how Prime Kenobi can team bust Prime Dooku and Ahsoka now.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/kenobi-obi-wan-kenobi-vs-mandalorian-ahsoka-and-ro-2267400/

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

Ok the whole “you/they fight like Jedi” shtick has been stated at least twice now as if it’s something of a bad thing by Vader and Sidious? Why this is being treated as some kind of negative?

If they mean fight like Jedi as in “not fighting aggressively” then fine. But if they mean just in general this is dumb.

Anyway to the feat, I mean the only one I recall as having done stuff is Bossk, have the others even done anything more than this? Also it seems Bossk was going off of what he’s heard rather than actually seen, so I’m not sure I’d take his dialogue at face value, especially since he grew bored fighting his opponent.

Still I guess it’s nice? Just the other characters would benefit from more to add to this.

Masma94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Sith would be facepalming upon seeing this, as if the Knights of Ren weren't enough of a disgrace to the Dark Side already.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

“And does this make Kylo Ren defeating them more impressive?”

Lol no.

turtleman1878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad there are more feats/content for them, but if doesn't really do anything to make them more impressive.

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Underwhelming