Kids and comics

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Neocrous

I've been thinking for awhile that there truly are no really good comics for kids anymore. I mean I like comics just as much as anyone on the site, but comics were for kids first and we just didn't get over them. Any time you go to the comics bookstore you only see a little section for comics that are rated for little kids and not only that why can't kids get an comics with interesting story lines. It just doesn't seem fair to me what about you

Holly Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Holly Cross

That's not true. Tiny Titans just came out. And there's still Calvin and Hobbes, Charlie Brown, Dennis the Mennis, Baby blues...

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Neocrous

danhimself says:

"marvel has a whole line aimed at kids called "marvel age" and from what i understand they're actually pretty good"

I'm saying that the stuff they have really isn't that good and the comics under those lines are nowhere near the level of comics older people can

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Neocrous

Shaper says:

"Ultimate Spider-man was made for the new generations to get a chance to see spidy as he first started. At least that's what I heard."

I've read USM and it at for little kids

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By danhimself

marvel has a whole line aimed at kids called "marvel age" and from what i understand they're actually pretty good

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Neocrous

danhimself says:

"Neocrous says:
"danhimself says:
"marvel has a whole line aimed at kids called "marvel age" and from what i understand they're actually pretty good"
I'm saying that the stuff they have really isn't that good and the comics under those lines are nowhere near the level of comics older people can"

yeah but if you think about it the concepts and things in regular comics are all pretty much geared at adults and the kids comics that we see as no good the kids could love"

But why can' those comics be written with a little bit more creativity, I feel kids should get just as much quality entertainment as adults justgeared for them, but I've never felt that way

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Shaper

Ultimate Spider-man was made for the new generations to get a chance to see spidy as he first started. At least that's what I heard.

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Neocrous

War says:

"Holly Cross says:
"That's not true. Tiny Titans just came out. And there's still Calvin and Hobbes, Charlie Brown, Dennis the Mennis, Baby blues..."

I loved Calvin and Hobbes when I was kid!"

Are these guys on the site because I have no idea who they are?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By danhimself

Neocrous says:

"danhimself says:
I'm saying that the stuff they have really isn't that good and the comics under those lines are nowhere near the level of comics older people can"

yeah but if you think about it the concepts and things in regular comics are all pretty much geared at adults and the kids comics that we see as no good the kids could love

War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By War

Holly Cross says:

"That's not true. Tiny Titans just came out. And there's still Calvin and Hobbes, Charlie Brown, Dennis the Mennis, Baby blues..."

I loved Calvin and Hobbes when I was kid!

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shaper

Neocrous says:

"Shaper says:
"Ultimate Spider-man was made for the new generations to get a chance to see spidy as he first started. At least that's what I heard."
I've read USM and it at for little kids"

Did you say it is for little kids?

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Neocrous

Shaper says:

"Neocrous says:
"Shaper says:
I've read USM and it at for little kids"

Did you say it is for little kids?"

nah 15 and older

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Nighthunter

lol Tiny Titans is made for childrens....

but then again after reading some scans (I was bored don't make fun of me) it is actually somewhat funny. But only if you are a TT reader, in part because we have context, the kids won't get the jokes lol

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By danhimself

calvin and hobbes is comic strip in newspapers which is something i don't think of when i talk about comic books

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Neocrous

Nighthunter says:

"lol Tiny Titans is made for childrens....but then again after reading some scans (I was bored don't make fun of me) it is actually somewhat funny. But only if you are a TT reader, in part because we have context, the kids won't get the jokes lol"

I understand that there are good kids comics, but it just seems to me there aren't enough

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By danhimself

yeah they do need more comics aimed at kids but one thing i've noticed is that the ones they do put out never stay around that long

War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By War

Neocrous says:

"War says:
"Holly Cross says:
I loved Calvin and Hobbes when I was kid!"
Are these guys on the site because I have no idea who they are?"

there character pages are but their books aren't...cause there books are just collections of comic strips which doesn't qualify for this site (don't know why)

Neocrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Neocrous

danhimself says:

"yeah they do need more comics aimed at kids but one thing i've noticed is that the ones they do put out never stay around that long"

thats another problem