Keep track of upcoming comics

totoroshaped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Hey,

since I'm fairly new to ongoing comics, I asked myself if there is a place where I could check up on ongoing/new comic series.

What I want to know is how many issues are planned for certain (mini-)series and when the issues are released. I'm aware of Google of course, but I'm looking for a page which offers these kinds of information in one place and couldn't find anything which fits my needs. (ComicBookDB doesn't seem to give you exact dates for books already released, just month and year. Or am I mistaken?)

What do you guys use to keep track of your releases to come? A local comic shop is not an alternative for me, since there's none where I live.

I started a "pull list") here on CV, but finding the information I put in there was a pain.

Thank you guys in advance!

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Comicvine used to have a huge list of the weeks releases. They need to bring that back ~!~ I've been using comicbookresources.com's previews section to get a grasp of what's out but they only have DC, Marvel, Image, Dark Horse, and IDW titles on there as far as I can tell. Which isn't a huge deal to me (and I imagine most people) but there are some good books being released by other publishers.

totoroshaped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicvine used to have a huge list of the weeks releases. They need to bring that back ~!~

Now that would be great.

I've been using comicbookresources.com's previews section to get a grasp of what's out but they only have DC, Marvel, Image, Dark Horse, and IDW titles on there as far as I can tell. Which isn't a huge deal to me (and I imagine most people) but there are some good books being released by other publishers.

So I take it something like what I was looking for doesn't exist? That's a pity. Most of the release dates in my pull list (relating to Secret Wars + tie-ins) are from howtolovecomics.com - I still haven't found another place for that. Where do these guys get their information from? I can't even seem to find out how many issues of Planet Hulk (2015) will be published. Annoying...

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Comicbookresources has all the dates and all that if that's what you need.

totoroshaped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By totoroshaped

Comicbookresources has all the dates and all that if that's what you need.

It does have the dates. Problem is: I'll have to search for every single issue individually instead of having an overview or a summary of that particular series' issues and their release dates.

Still, I don't find any information about how many issues are planned for a series. Well, I only checked for Planet Hulk; I'll just assume there's also no data for the others I'm looking for.

If nothing like that exists I'll have to settle with CBR and the likes. But wouldn't it be fantastic to have a page like ComicBookDB with exact publish dates for past, current and future releases + data on how long the "run" of ongoings will be?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Billy Batson

Try previewsworld and pullist.comixology.

CV has release days for issues as of now. Of course it's not for all the issues since it's impossible to get the data.

Comicvine used to have a huge list of the weeks releases. They need to bring that back ~!~

CV still does it.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/comic-book-preview-1988/

BB

totoroshaped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you! That should suffice, since I guess it doesn't get better than this.

Be good, and good will follow!