• 61 results
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

When it comes to Justice League's CGI, people often talk about Superman's mouth or Steppenwolf's face, but did anyone else feel this shot in the theatrical cut of a blockbuster movie was incredibly disappointing? I remember it looked like a video game when I saw it in theaters - it should've been a jaw-dropping moment! Now that I can pause that moment, I feel like it looks worse than Injustice 2's graphics - okay, it probably isn't worse (facial expressions aside), but it's so disappointing that this is a shot from a massive comic book movie. It's a real shame, especially since Man of Steel had some solid CGI - most people don't even notice that Zod's armor isn't real.

No Caption Provided

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bro everybody knows that the CGI in this movie looks like a ps3 grafic no needs to create a thread about it

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh yes. That was originally the part in the first and second trailer where WW jumps down with cyborg and (I think aquaman) behind her and she says "shall we". This was before everything went all red. WB should be embarrassed. I refuse to buy JL until I see it in the $5 bin at Walmart or there is some online deal. To pay full price for a half finished movie - no thanks.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Bro everybody knows that the CGI in this movie looks like a ps3 grafic no needs to create a thread about it

I haven't seen this specific shot talked about which is pretty shocking to me.

@k4tzm4n: wait zod's armor wasn't real?

Yup, Michael Shannon's armor was CGI. It's one of those things that you'll notice once you know about it, but it somehow eludes your eyes before then.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: well now I need to rewatch moS, which isn't a problem for me. But injustice 2 has great graphics. I wouldn't bring it down by associating it with this crap.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: well now I need to rewatch moS, which isn't a problem for me. But injustice 2 has great graphics. I wouldn't bring it down by associating it with this crap.

Ha. Yeah, wasn't meant as a jab at Injustice or anything - the facial expressions in that game are incredible.

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: I don't plan seeing it at all even when it's available on HBO

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Injustice 2 looked more realistic somehow than the film....

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce: when MOS have better CGI than a JL movie whose production budget was 300m you know that some fcked up shit

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MAZAHS117  Online

Yeah, it quite possibly is the worst looking of the DCEU films..yes, even worse that Suicide Squad. This movie is just so disappointing on so many levels from what it should have been and how it should have looked it’s embarrassing. How in the world they green lit this instead of delaying another few months for additional post production is beyond me. The film has it’s moments, but visual aesthetics is not one of them unfortunately

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: This shot was all over Instagram, Facebook, Reddit and YouTube !

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: This shot was all over Instagram, Facebook, Reddit and YouTube !

Cool, except I'm active on Twitter and CV, so...

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 k4tzm4n  Moderator
Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By plotweapon16255
Loading Video...

The movie was suppose to be in a dark environment like it was done in the man of steel which doesn't add too much color which affects CGI.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

With all due respect Katz, aren't you a bit late?

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blame the re-shoots.

WB butchered the movie out of panic and this was the result.

Re-shoots.

Re-OST composing

Re-post production

Re-writing

Re-everything

Oh and cutting off the movie to get more screenings.

WB should be ashamed, honestly.

KingAtreus99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: Snyder cut would have been only better in term of visual, but in term of story telling and character development it would have been the same or possibly worst.

Hiring Snyder and let him do not one not two but three movies with his wrong vision of the characters was their biggest mistake

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last 30 minutes was a gigantic cgi shitfest for the most part. Much like WW and GotG2 were.

JakeFuryV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Good to see you around Katzman

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 k4tzm4n  Moderator

With all due respect Katz, aren't you a bit late?

This is a thread about that specific shot, not Justice League's CGI overall. I haven't seen discussion about this specific moment which seriously bothered me.

Good to see you around Katzman

Thanks, Jake.

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: MOS is in my top 5 cbm

But man BVS was bad i tried to like the movie but i couldn't. One could argue that the UC was good but i have watched it, it only solved the pacing problem, the characters development was still lacking, i mean based your Batman character on Frank Miller was plain wrong,you didn't even feel superman presence in the movie. They tried to sell it as a MOS sequel but it wasn't.

But I'm not a huge fan of superheroes vs superheroes in any kind. BVS and Civil War were both bad imo

ignVela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aside from MoS, DCEU has too much of crappy cgi/special effects

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: JL was doomed imo! The universe wasn't well established yet! Every character minus cyborg should have gotten their solo movie! Instead we got a rushed JL without Green Lantern let that sink in!

WB were overconfident and I'm glad that they failed miserably

Beyonder97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: GOTG=/=JL

Justice League is a team full of A list characters, in term of marketing purposes giving them their solo movies first would have given them a fanbase and the general audience would've been familiar with those characters.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

Blame the re-shoots.

Re-shoots.

Re-OST composing

Re-post production

Re-writing

Re-everything

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RBT

People didn't talk about how bad the CGI was during final fight because CGI during other parts were even worse. I mean, when the first scene of the movie is basically Cavill's horrendous CGI face, rest automatically becomes acceptable.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rushed and unpolished shit movie

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

That scene definitely reminded me of a video game, just not a very good one. It’s supposed to be Superman triumphantly arriving as the cavalry and all you can look at is the cruddy CGI. Though because of all the bad CGI elsewhere in the movie, it’s easy to overlook this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess the mustache is to blame.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blame the re-shoots.

Re-shoots.

Re-OST composing

Re-post production

Re-writing

Re-everything

this 100'000% If you look at the deleted scenes of JL you realize WB cut out some beautiful scenes that really drove the story further than what we saw in theaters. At least with Zack Snyder he knew what direction he wanted the story and dynamic to go, Joss is great and I have a lot of respect for him after stepping up after Zack needed to leave, but his vision wasn't the same as Zack's

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Whedon can't handle the effects and make anything look as good as Snyder does

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ignvela: I disagree BvS had great cgi. Doomsday may have been weird looking but I say his cgi is better than Hulk (although I think norton's Hulk is the best looking version of the character). Suicide Squad had bad cgi, wonder woman's cgi was okay and JL has the worst cgi of the bunch thus far.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt said:

Blame the re-shoots.

Re-shoots.

Re-OST composing

Re-post production

Re-writing

Re-everything

this 100'000% If you look at the deleted scenes of JL you realize WB cut out some beautiful scenes that really drove the story further than what we saw in theaters. At least with Zack Snyder he knew what direction he wanted the story and dynamic to go, Joss is great and I have a lot of respect for him after stepping up after Zack needed to leave, but his vision wasn't the same as Zack's

Yup.

At least with the Snyder cut it would have been consistent with the DCEU.

What we got is an MCU movie with DC characters.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bruceveidt: yup and the easiest thing for wb to do would have been to let Snyder finish his JL film, then usher him out quietly without all the drama and find a fresh new vision. Instead they kick Snyder to the curb and toss Joss under the bus.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whedon & WB you ruined everything

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@lvenger said:

That scene definitely reminded me of a video game, just not a very good one. It’s supposed to be Superman triumphantly arriving as the cavalry and all you can look at is the cruddy CGI. Though because of all the bad CGI elsewhere in the movie, it’s easy to overlook this.

That's the thing, though - this is the moment that really bothered me.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Blame the re-shoots.

Re-shoots.

Re-OST composing

Re-post production

Re-writing

Re-everything

This ^^^^^

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ignvela said:

i think bvs was perfect too, ok doomsday didnt look very good but thats the deisghn and art of the character not the cgi. Cgi in bvs was perfect too. suicide squad was alright aside from the villain and its troops. Wonder woman was not bad except for the Ares parts.

Jl was mostly crap though,but i dont thinks its snyder fault, i think its just unfinished work. If there is something that nobody can match snyder its visuals.

Overall i think cgi wasnt that as people overdramatise about. MOS was exceptioanlly good though, pretty much perfect.

ignVela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ignvela said:

i think bvs was perfect too, ok doomsday didnt look very good but thats the deisghn and art of the character not the cgi. Cgi in bvs was perfect too. suicide squad was alright aside from the villain and its troops. Wonder woman was not bad except for the Ares parts.

Jl was mostly crap though,but i dont thinks its snyder fault, i think its just unfinished work. If there is something that nobody can match snyder its visuals.

Overall i think cgi wasnt that as people overdramatise about. MOS was exceptioanlly good though, pretty much perfect.

@ignvela: I disagree BvS had great cgi. Doomsday may have been weird looking but I say his cgi is better than Hulk (although I think norton's Hulk is the best looking version of the character). Suicide Squad had bad cgi, wonder woman's cgi was okay and JL has the worst cgi of the bunch thus far.

Cant comment on BvS as i watched in a friend's house and barely recall any scenes cause we didnt really watch the movie, ill take both your words on BvS. I really enjoyed Norton's Hulk and the new one isn't for me as it looks weird to me, not sure how to describe it but i got the same weird feeling from looking at "Totally Awesome Hulk" comic hulk. WW's CGI was okay, hated the entire Ares portion as it was complete and udder garbage, Suicide Squad's entire CGi was just okay.

MoS had great CGI.

BruceVeidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ignvela said:
@supermanforever said:
@ignvela said:

@heatforce said:

Cant comment on BvS as i watched in a friend's house and barely recall any scenes cause we didnt really watch the movie, ill take both your words on BvS. I really enjoyed Norton's Hulk and the new one isn't for me as it looks weird to me, not sure how to describe it but i got the same weird feeling from looking at "Totally Awesome Hulk" comic hulk. WW's CGI was okay, hated the entire Ares portion as it was complete and udder garbage, Suicide Squad's entire CGi was just okay.

MoS had great CGI.

BvS had great potential up until WB decided to put those lazy cameos in a laptop.

It would've been great if it focused on Batman v Superman, instead of Batman v Superman v Wonder Woman v Doomsday.