Justice League Movie worst disaster in film history?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

God_Above

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Justice League Movie worst disaster in film history? (47 votes)

Yes 21%
No 74%
Close 6%

considering the hype for the movie

• 
IceHeart_30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's right up there with Solo and Fan4stic

X-Rey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it's not. BvS was more of a mess.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Ummm No....Solo is wreck, but it's not that bad compared to other film disasters.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi I'm Mickey Mouse...do you realize how much money I lost on The Lone Ranger & John Carter? It's not even close. Solo and Fan4stic were hits compared to those overpriced bombs. I paid Johnny Depth 20 Million to play a racist white washed stereotype, then wondered why no one went to see my cowboy version of Pirates of the Caribbean.

JuJuCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Because neither of those films were the crown jewels of their respective universes. Now if SW episode 9 flops then that's a JL level disaster. FF wasn't gonna make more then 500mil even if peopled loved it.

The first ever JL movie flopping is bad as it gets. Theirs literally no other flop on that level. WB should be ashamed.

SuperHulk24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solo had 90% of the film re-shot, cost as much or more than JL and has made half as much.

Solo is a much bigger bomb.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jujucrunk: in terms of a financial standpoint Solo and JL are pretty similar doesnt really matter the relevance of the film a bombs a bomb

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9 krisbishop  Moderator

People actually hated Solo? Why?

JuJuCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JuJuCrunk

@superhulk24 said:

Solo had 90% of the film re-shot, cost as much or more than JL and has made half as much.

Solo will be the bigger financial flop. JL IS the biggest flop of all time though. There has never been as important a movie or as bigger scale movie then the JL flop. worse flop of all time. It would be like if an actual SW episode film or Avengers flopped. A Transformers film or Jurassic Park flopping. JL is the biggest scale event movie to ever flop.

Lesser movies have flopped bigger financially. Solo, John Carter, Lone Ranger etc.. But no film big as JL has ever flopped bigger. Truly a sad day for DC fans when the unthinkable happened. The so-called most iconic, untouchable heroes flopped.

JuJuCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also the title of the op is called "Justice League Movie worst disaster in film history?" Not the worst flop. So I don't know why people is getting hung up on flops. The first ever JL movie turned into a farce and a laughing stock. It earned the name "the biggest flop of all time." We've never seen a bigger "disaster" then JL.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People actually hated Solo? Why?

Solo: A Star Wars Story has received an A- CinemaScore

False; people didn't hate solo. They just didn't get a damn... Apathy is so much worse than hate. Hate can move the needle and keep fans watching and paying money...

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not even close

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They both cost around 300 million due to reshoots. So....

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It didn't flop its studio nor change the history of movies with its failure, so no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc8daab15c82
deactivated-5bc8daab15c82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL wasn't that bad.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, it's probably one of the least disastrous flops out there.

I mean, with the combo of DCEU's reputation, behind the scenes drama and absolutely lackluster marketing, the still managed to gross double of their budget and a "couple" of millions more.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Justice League isn’t even bad, it’s as good or bad or average as all three Avengers movies.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solo is a worse disaster. Justice League is franchise wrecking considering how important it was to get right for the DCEU, whereas Solo probably isn't.

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cutting_Edge

I don't get why people hate BvS so much. The film had a rich atmosphere with deep philosophical undertones that made it stand out from superhero popcorn flicks. Maybe it's because the movie was so convoluted that it's hard to make sense of.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jujucrunk:

You are sensationalizing to the extreme. Your post is very childish and reads like a smear campaign ad. Justice league did fine, there is a list of movies more expensive, with lots more riding on their success that failed faaaaarrr harder than Justice league.movies that were supposed to launch franchises. Justice league can't touch John Carter, and Titan a.e as far as flops go.

icec0ld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cutting_edge:

I agree, it was a good movie. The way they handled Batman was amazing up until the second half. His reveal in the police station was one of the best scenes in the movie. The way he was crawling across the ceiling like a ghoul was dope.

The film also had the most hardcore superhero fight outside of nomak vs blade at the end of blade 2.

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL was so disappointing IMO but I don't hate it. Box office wise I think it was a flop but it did make some money so I wouldn't call it a bomb or a disaster either.

JuJuCrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icec0ld: Hahahaha!! John Carter and Titan a.e. had more riding on them then a shared universe, first ever JL???!!!

And you say I'm "sensationalizing." DC fanboys need to just stop.

DC fanboys before JL flopped: "JL first ever in the big screen!! Historical event!! Most iconic team of all time!!"

DC fanboys after JL flopped: "it's just the League. John Carter flopped. And he's bigger then the JL!! FF flopped! So what if JL flopped?! Their just like anyother team or franchise. Nothing special."