Justice League : Honest Review and Discussions Thread

• 107 results
deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well Honesty, Truth, Right or Wrong, everything is a slave to circumstances and depends upon individual perspective. Therefore I can't claim my review to be the absolute truth. It's my take on the movie after all. But I'll try to be as honest and unbiased as I can.

For those who click on a thread just to have a glance or have no time for long reviews, I'll say this before writing the lengthy verison of my assessment, Don't give a shit about what critics are saying, Don't let RT decide things for you, Go watch this movie. It's very enjoyable, not a bad movie at all and if you don't see it, chances are you'll miss the amazing fan service they've done on this one and chances are you might even regret it later. Watching freshly released CBMs at the theatre is a joy of its own.

Ok now let's get into details shall we. " Spoiler Alert " for those who haven't seen it. And for those who have, let's discuss details.

No Caption Provided

The basic idea behind it if you go into details, Is that Steppenwolf has been exiled for a while. He has lost his godhood. Well not his powers but his position and respect. This may have happened when he was defeated in his first full fledged invasion on Earth. Diana said, Steppenwolf became mad in his grief when he failed. This time he didn't do a full fledged invasion. He was clandestinely collecting the mother boxes and was gonna use them to terraform earth into Apokolips and earn his rightful position as a New God back, maybe from Darksied, he mentioned him once. Steppenwolf seems to worship the mother boxes in some way. He was treating them like something divine which is ironic because he's a god himself. He called them mother. He didn't even want Cyborg touching them saying cyborg was unworthy or something. The mother boxes are a personification of power, which leads me to believe that, maybe just maybe, the boxes are connected to the Source itself somehow. The boxes could supply any amount of power, could do anything. Maybe they are DCEU version of Infinity stones. Also, he mentioned Diana to have blood of the old gods and he was a new god. He said, old gods are no more and so he was gonna end Diana too. Personally I liked how the Gods were handled, from the looks to the history. They were tall and imposing. Steppenwolf was like 7 and a half feet tall. Barry and Batman were intimidated by his height. The old Greek Gods were taller than the human beings, amazons and the atlanteans too from what we saw at the pre historic battle. There's no doubt they are doing the New and Old God theme. The possibilities are endless from here. I liked how there was no blue sky beam of destruction this time like most cbms do.

If you ask me whats good, then I'll say the characters. Everybody has their moment to shine. The humour was well done, didn't feel forced or overdone at all. The visuals, the scenes were picture perfect which isn't strange, its Snyder. The action was one of the best in cbms, if not the best. Personally I think MoS has a tad better action than this in terms of intensity. But JL had more epic moments. The whole theatre packed with people started howling in excitement when they saw the Superman vs JL sequence. It was tremendously good. The short sequence from Themyscira is great. The sequence at Gotham harbour was well done. Steppenwolf kicked ass of everyone, every where. He was unstoppable. The sequence at the end was good too albeit short. It was more fan service than serious action with consequences. Once superman joined, Steppenwolf the guy who was unstoppable a while ago, became a ragdoll for Clark to beat. Yeah that's how it is. I'll discuss this more later.

No Caption Provided

Regarding the characters individually, I think baring Aquaman and Steppenwolf himself, others were more or less well done. Well, Superman had two movies already, Batman had one but is very popular, Diana had one and so she was doing fine. The other three too had good moments but personally, I felt like Arthur didn't get much screen time or development. Neither did Steppenwolf. He was just there for the battle scenes and we got a brief description of him from the prehistoric scene. Cyborg had good moments and his arc is understandable. Barry had good momemts with his dad. But to understand the three new characters, you have to see BvS. To understand Steppenwolf, you have to see BvS UE. That was a major problem for many.

JL is gold for Superman fans. He finally felt like how Superman should be. Smiled more and basically looked chilled out. I don't understand his power levels though. Was the increase due to the fact that he was resurrected by Mother Box. He was equal and even more powerful than the whole league combined in terms of firepower, strength and speed. Ragdolled everyone. Barry was barely faster than him. When Henry was shirtless, everyone was screaming. Doesn't he have like a godly physique. I envy that man so much, its not even funny anymore. The best looking body anyone could ever have.

Gal Gadot did well. And I wouldn't say her character was nerfed in power. Clark was always physically superior. She was willing to kill him when she fought him yet hesitated to go all out. Even her headbutts with Clark was causing shockwaves. She more or less held her own against Steppenwolf but only managed to hold him for that long in the second battle because of Aquaman. Yet they were losing. She also saved Aquaman from getting injured when a massive concrete block fell on him after Steppenwolf kicked his ass. Aquaman was good too. Jason did well, very well actually, exceeded my expectations. He seemed similar to Diana physically but didn't have her fighting experience or the great equipment she had, yet managed to battle Steppenwolf for a considerable amount of time. He even stabbed him once with his trident and had good durability, didn't die from all the ragdolling Steppenwolf did. Cyborg was probabaly physically weaker to them a bit, but could hack any technology, even make batman's jet go hypersonic when they travelled to Russia from US within a short amount of time. He could form weapons from his hands, even duplicated the Kryptonian metal that Clark had to access the scout ship. He had a shield that could deflect heat vision for a few minutes. Barry was a rookie but still was doing great by the end. Took out many parademons instantly. He still has a long way to go though and almost died when Steppenwolf ragdolled him in the last sequence. Batman didn't get specific action sequences like the warehouse scene. This time he couldn't do much cuz even the parademons were superhuman. Batman could barely hold his won against a few physically. He still had his moments to shine though.

Steppenwolf wasn't that bad. I mean there have been worse CGI villains. He was certainly better than Ultron or Dormammu. He felt powerful until Superman returned. He kicked ass of everyone. His voice was intimidating. Ciaran Hinds did a fantastic job. He didn't have any special abilities apart from his physicals, his battle skill and his axe. I'd say he's about as strong as MCU Hulk. He was definitely stronger than Diana and Arthur combined. The characters were basically well done.

Well you must be wondering what's bad in the movie. Time for some nitpicking then.

First of all Its very tough to notice the bad, the plotholes when you're watching it in a theatre filled with hundreds of other adrenaline infused fans screaming at the top of their lungs in almost every scene.

No Caption Provided

When I was driving back home, the weak points finally became more evident The first disappointing thing is the extremely short runtime. I mean what were these guys even thinking. It's like their executives and moviemakers have a thing for making blunders one way or the other The movie could seriously use 15-20 minutes more, develop the characters and villain a bit more and not cut that prehistoric battle scene. I'll never forgive them for making that scene so short. It was so epic, so comic book accurate and it didn't even last a minute. The green lantern was so cool. His costume was like a hologram. Steppenwolf one shotted him though. Second problem I have is with Superman's face. Seriously was it really a $300 million dollar movie. During the opening scene his face looked weird. The other times it was watchable and improved by the end. The overall CGI quality is not top notch. Not bad but not MoS or BvS level. Third is with JL itself. Why did they release it this year. They could've done Aquaman this year, gone for more character development, shown Steppenwolf's arrival at the end and JL could've been done next year. What a waste. Also the movie has some plotholes. Superman's resurrection, his suit fixing itself, continuity differences regarding Cyborg's birth and stuff like that.

At the end though, it was a fun movie. A solid 2 hours of entertainment featuring some of the most comic book accurate and epic action sequences ever. The characters were well acted. Their interaction was great, the humour was well done, not forced. It was a really enjoyable flick. If only it were longer, it could've been better and would perhaps recieve good ratings. The audience ratings should be good though.

I'll rate it 7/10

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You also should say Major Spoiler

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Even tho i am not the biggest Zack Snyder fan as i pointed out in my thread, i enjoyed Justice League to a certain degree. It has the problems that every Snyder movie suffers from, but the chemistry between the cast, the good action scenes and good visuals.

Credits due where credits due, Snyder does know how to make a good looking movie.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@all-father:

It was so beautiful isn't it. I mean it was a comic book brought to life. Also it was much better than BvS honestly

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galactic_1000: I'm sorry but I guess Spoilers have been floating around for a couple of days now. It's hard not to get tempted.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great review i noticed that many people on this site gave it a 7 or 7.5 out of 10 and the general audience is loving this movie

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Great review. I love seeing all these reviews from different people on this site.

I agree it wasn't a terrible movie. It had great character interactions and action sequences as you mentioned - I just felt it was rushed and lacked a soul.

Avatar image for speedforceuser_
speedforceuser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"almost died when Steppenwolf ragdolled him in the last sequence" Fam, no he didn't. Step grabbed him from behind to be fair, and threw him against the wall. He was still awake and saw the whole thing when Step got taken by the parademons.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey:

Thanks, I felt the same. I still think it should've been released after Aquaman

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even tho i am not the biggest Zack Snyder fan as i pointed out in my thread, i enjoyed Justice League to a certain degree. It has the problems that every Snyder movie suffers from, but the chemistry between the cast, the good action scenes and good visuals.

Credits due where credits due, Snyder does know how to make a good looking movie.

Do you agree that the moustache was an issue?

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You also should say Major Spoiler

C'mon dude don't be like that. It has a spoiler warning in the beginning lol.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babydarkseid:

I actually haven't met anyone personally who hasn't enjoyed JL.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly enjoyed the movie..I just wish the sound track was as epic as mos and bvs..

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@speedforceuser_: Yeah maybe I missed that part. I felt sad when he got ragdolled though. Steppenwolf was prevailing over the league until Superman arrived. They were all gonna eventually die if not for Superman.

Avatar image for speedforceuser_
speedforceuser_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: Yeah, I felt bad for them as well. Wonder Woman and Aquaman held it down though. They didn't give up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@all-father said:

Do you agree that the moustache was an issue?

It is heavily noticeable, but i just tried not to focus on it.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deltahuman

@speedforceuser_:

They held their own sure, but I think eventually they would've gotten themselves killed. Steppenwolf was superior to them. Also notice how he killed the lantern right away. I didn't like that

JokerBat88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoilers!

I liked it. I would give the same rating as well but nothing more 7/10. There was so much potential in that movie that it was disappointing that they did not give it enough time to develop. It was going great until scenes were cut short and did not give enough time for the other characters to grow.

One thing is for sure, Superman was ridiculous. His power was something I've never seen in a movie. I think Steppenwolf hit him once and the rest was Clark just slapping him around. It was nice to see a comic book accurate Superman (not like Smallville but close enough).

I don't like what they did to Batman though. That is what really upset me. DCAU Batman could go toe to toe with Parademons and kick their asses from one end of the room to the other. This Batman was an embarrassment. He has genius level intelligence, greatest tactician, and another thing is that Batman has a heart. Yea he's a brooding asshole at times but he still has a heart and in the comics and in animated universe it's shown on many occasions. They just did not do him justice at all.

Nonetheless the actions scenes were great. CGI was good, not sure why they needed to CGI supes face in the beginning shot but whatever I thought it was one of those ad lib videos off of YouTube. Gal Gadot is such eye candy on screen and her role was played out really well. I am looking forward to seeing the solo batman film especially since we got a look at Deathstroke.

I just hope going forward that something is done about everything being so damn rushed. I think this is going to be my last DCEU film watched in theaters though. If I am going to get disappointed, even to the slightest, I am not going to pay money for it.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jokerbat88:

Agreed. The movie had enormous potential. I'm specially angry because they cut the historical battle

Also yeah, Batman could barely hurt a few parademons. But the parademons were themselves superhuman and Bruce is not so not a surprise.

Deathstroke tease was aweosme. Joe looks Imposing.

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only issue for me was .. Superman basically could've soloed the movie.

Also, felt a lot like AoU to me. Great action and character interactions but very subpar villain and meh plot.

But it doesn't deserve the critic hate imo. I genuinely enjoyed myself and would personally give it a 7/10.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gazool said:

The only issue for me was .. Superman basically could've soloed the movie.

Also, felt a lot like AoU to me. Great action and character interactions but very subpar villain and meh plot.

But it doesn't deserve the critic hate imo. I genuinely enjoyed myself and would personally give it a 7/10.

this.. but enjoyable. felt like the avengers 1. coming together of the team. made me smile the whole movie really.

best moment for me was flash vs supes, when supes moved his eye to the end of that fight sequence was glorious.

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: That look on flash's face though..looked like he soiled his pants.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gazool said:

@titing2101: That look on flash's face though..looked like he soiled his pants.

lol true. but that was insane fighting speed. do you think WW can see them?

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I really think the critic hate is unjustified this time around. It was justified in BvS. JL is nothing like BvS. Its very much enjoyable. Add in an extra 20 minutes, this would've been a great movie actually.

Gazool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@titing2101: I don't think so.

She was always frozen compared to Barry.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the movie was a solid 5-6/10.

Character interaction was cool but I did not like aquaman and flash.

The plot and villain were terrible.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@deltahuman:

The movie could seriously use 15-20 minutes more

I guarantee you that's the work of WB. I have yet to see the movie and my hopes have gotten higher from reviews I've heard from you and a couple of other people but WB is really only in for it for the money. Remember BvS which was supposed to be close to 3 hrs. in what was a later a pretty well received Ultimate Cut? And then WB cut it down too far closer to 2 hrs, literally cutting out full scenes from the original cut? I'm pretty sure it was the same case with Justice League too. I'll refrain from criticizing Whedon too much but I feel like the critiques about the movie trying to do catch-up and copy Marvel are because of him. I would bet that if a Director's Cut of this movie comes out with Snyder's original vision it won't resemble the movie. Again because I haven't seen the movie I don't know whether that is for better or for worse. However, I really wanted this movie to be similar tonal wise to the X-Men movies. Where it's a good blend of both, with humor that isn't overboard along with Snyder's darker touch, again not overboard. I am going to see Justice League later tonight, but I feel like this is going to be Whedon's movie more than it is Snyder. I'm especially disgusted when Whedon went on to like a tweet bashing Steppenwolf performance, calling him the worst villain in CBM history. Snyder would never do something like that. He no doubts would stand by his interpretation and the portrayal of it (Ciarán Hinds) rather than throwing him under the bus the minute things went sour (Justice League mostly mediocre-poor reviews).

AsheTDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with the vast majority of reviews everyone is putting out on this site right now, is that they are coming from the perspective of a comics fan. Of course the vast majority of us are going to like it. We’re fans, otherwise we wouldn’t even be on this site!

However, for people that are not fans of the source material, the critics have it right. The movie just isn’t that good from an average person’s view point.

To sum it up. If you’re a fan, see it. If you aren’t, save your money.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashetdust:

I'd like to reflect on that. I think the movie was cut to a ridiculously short runtime just for the viewers to not get bored and basically enjoy it like just another popcorn flick with action and humour thrown around. And the viewer reactions have largely been positive from both fans and ordinary viewers. So far only critics have been disappointed.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I highly enjoyed the movie..I just wish the sound track was as epic as mos and bvs..

True so gutted Hans Zimmer left. what he did specially with Man of steel was out of this world-

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman3000:

WB executives have destroyed a good movie and that pains me a lot. We'll now have to wait for the directors cut to see more of the epic scebes. I'll never forgive them.

And Whedon has earned the wrath of fans now. He'll pay one way or the other.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman3000:

WB executives have destroyed a good movie and that pains me a lot. We'll now have to wait for the directors cut to see more of the epic scebes. I'll never forgive them.

And Whedon has earned the wrath of fans now. He'll pay one way or the other.

For sure. It angers me that the animated genre is far superior but the cinematic genre which could be close to just as good and is by far going to be the more watched genre, falls to idiocy.

He better. I used to think higher of him just for getting the Batgirl movie to happen but now I don't want him near it.

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@deltahuman said:

@jokerbat88:

Agreed. The movie had enormous potential. I'm specially angry because they cut the historical battle

Also yeah, Batman could barely hurt a few parademons. But the parademons were themselves superhuman and Bruce is not so not a surprise.

Deathstroke tease was aweosme. Joe looks Imposing.

When i first heard there is going to show a historical battle i thought it was going to be in opening scene, some monologue explaining things etc. Knowing how Zack Snyder is a great visual director, and what he done to "300" i was so hype!

then the scene last about 2 mins, and GL is instantly one-shotted which is bullshit. Seeing Zues is cool though.

The parademons are on CA level of physical state at least, in the Gotham Harbour battle, one parademon easily tosses Batman to the roof with 1 hand.

@batman3000 said:

but I feel like this is going to be Whedon's movie more than it is Snyder

It's more like a Whedon movie, seen through Zack's lenses (his visual cue is all over)

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformaa: Yeah soundtrack was rather bland. MoS was God level work

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@transformaa: Yeah soundtrack was rather bland. MoS was God level work

I thought the Soundtrack for Suicide Squad was pretty good too.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: yes. Wasn't as epic was Mos but it was pretty good IMO

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: yes. Wasn't as epic was Mos but it was pretty good IMO

The instrumental work is MOS was miles ahead, but the actual songs used in the move SS was better.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goddamnironman:

Yeah the gods were taller than men. Zeus is played by some Spanish model.

And Parademons are superhuman definitely. Broke Batman's gatling gun and tore open his armoured batmobile

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deltahuman

@batman3000: I'll never forgive them ever again. Whatever respect Whedon had for directing Avengers is all gone now.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: For sure. Honestly controversial or not, I'd take Snyder over Whedon every day. That's if WB doesn't keep screwing him over.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterwhisper: yes. Song selection in Suicide Squad was great actually. If only it weren't so terrible a movie.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Light1150

@ashetdust: judgingfrom media and fan reactions, that does not seem to be true. It seems like this is something the casual and comicbook fans will greaty enjoy, but those with a critical eye would hate.

Light1150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman3000: I think this can be remedied if WB let dc have their own studios kind of like marvel has their own studios. Put someone in charge who knows these characters and knows how to make movies and boom! you have greatness.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deltahuman

@batman3000: yes. His only flaw is he doesn't know a shit about movie editing and pacing, otherwise he's great actually.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: Exactly. You get a good screenwriter to pair with him and you should be set. One of his most acclaimed movies in his career so far is Dawn Of The Dead and they paired him with James Gunn. If Paul Dini were ever willing to be the writer/producer of a movie and worked with Snyder for a future Justice League movie, I'm telling you that could be one of the greatest CBM's ever.

Sorry had to re-quote this so people could see it again xD

@batman3000: I think this can be remedied if WB let dc have their own studios kind of like marvel has their own studios. Put someone in charge who knows these characters and knows how to make movies and boom! you have greatness.

That would be absolutely fantastic, because if you look back it truly has been WB who has consistently screwed them over. However you would have to someone qualified but who also knows the characters to a tee.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman3000:

Thanks for requoting the Petition. The goal has more or less been accomplished. 10,000 people have signed.

Anywho, I really Hope Affleck stays around and the rest of the team too. After watching JL, they've grown on me. I already liked Cavill and Affleck very much. Now, I am fond of the whole cast.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol this looks really funny now

No Caption Provided

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice review. Seems like an appropriate rating as I too rated it 7.