Justice League: Favorite and least favorite moments

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Now that the film has been in theaters for a few days, I thought it would be fun for everyone to copy the below and then fill it in:

Favorite moments

Least favorite moments

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2 k4tzm4n  Moderator

For example, here's mine (not in any kind of order):

Favorite moments

1. Superman vs the Flash

2. Steppenwolf vs the Amazons

3. Opening Gotham scene

4. Flashback about the Mother Boxes and the huge battle with Steppenwolf

5. Tie between the first scene of Cyborg and his father / Aquaman saving the fisherman and then going back to the ocean

Least favorite moments

1. Flash falling on Wonder Woman

2. "Something's definitely bleeding"

3. Steppenwolf vs Wonder Woman/Aquaman being totally forgettable instead of epic

4. The brief sample of Zimmer's Krypton theme because it made me realize how much better the film could've been if it kept Junkie XL to keep the score somewhat consistent with MoS/BvS

5. Generic ending with Steppenwolf that doesn't include even a glimpse of Darkseid

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Favorite moments

1. Seeing a Green Lantern... Just made me nearly jump out of my seat.

2. The First Action Sequence on Themiscyra

3. Aquaman saving the league

4. The Flash and Superman saving people

5. Superman VS The Justice League

Least favorite moments

1. The ending was one of the most common Superhero cliches ever

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

Favourite moments:

1. Tunnel action sequence.
  2. Themyscira action sequence.
  3. Aquaman & the lasso of truth.

That's it. That's all I've got.

Least favourite moments:

1. Farm scene.
  2. Opening scene.
  3. Final battle.
  4. "Everybody knows" opening.
  5. Every Lois Lane scene.
  6. The ending.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite

1. Superman's "Do you bleed?"

2. Wonder Woman fixing Bruce's arm.

3. Superman vs Flash

4. The intro

5. Steppenwolf's first defeat.

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Devilmenworks

5Favorite Moments

1. Steppenwolf vs Amazons, gods, Atlanteans, G Lantern and more
  2. Superman vs the JL; all parts
  3. Steppenwolf and the opening Themyscira scene with the Amazons
  4. Group shot of the JL
  5. Wonder Woman killing that guy in the bank scene
  6. Flash awkwardness, him pushing people and running away quote, him falling on Wonder Woman, telling Commissioner Gordon rude scene etc.
  7. Secret Society of Supervillains end credit
  8. Everyone was fleshed out and had some depth to them.

Less Favorite Moments

1. 4. The brief sample of Zimmer's Krypton theme because it made me realize how much better the film could've been if it kept Junkie XL to keep the score somewhat consistent with MoS/BvS -k4tzm4n
  2. 5. Generic ending with Steppenwolf that doesn't include even a glimpse of Darkseid. -k4tzm4n
  3. Steppenwolf being hyped as a bad ass and then he gets the Ultron treatment
  4. The fact that in both MoS and BvS there was military force used to fight alien forces, but in this movie, no one tries to stop the alien forces from invading Earth near the end of the movie.
  5. The budget for JL was way to high.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite

1. the Green Lantern Cameo

2. Batman Gotham scene

3. Aquaman & the Lasso

4. Mera shows up

5. Lex Luthor and Deathstroke cameos

Least Favorite

1. the Flash vs. Superman

2. The Farm

3. ?

4. ?

5. ?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be a little more specific even though I enjoyed the entire set-pieces that I'm about to mention.

Favourite Moments

1. Playing keep-away with the Mother Box -- Specifically the moment where one warrior ties the Mother Box to an arrow and shoots it to another warrior who catches it mid-flight.
  2. Wonder Woman backs Cyborg -- I feel like this was a character moment missed by most. As reluctant as Diana was to step into the role of a leader, she shows that she's willing to back her teammates up after Cyborg's impulsive attempt to save his father.
  3. Justice League comes together -- I'm talking about the moment where Batman decides to draw the parademon horde away from the Mother Boxes and is being overwhelmed. The team comes together to aid him.
  4. "Is this guy still bothering you?" -- Superman laying the beatdown on Steppenwolf. Heh, I guess he really wasn't a threat.
  5. Mera defending the Mother Box -- Just because Amber Heard is amazingly attractive in this role. And that underwater thunderclap was dope.

Least Favourite Moments

1. Superman vs. JL -- It was really uncalled for, and wasn't even resolved.
  2. The opening Batman scene
  3. Lois Lane being a pointless addition to the film
  4. The farm scene -- simply because the CGI moustache was most obvious here.
  5. The forgettable score
Avatar image for deactivated-5a39006e28280
deactivated-5a39006e28280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favourite moments -

Supes vs The Flash (that facial expression lol)

Supes owning the League

Least Favourite moments -

Everything else

damikinat0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite moments

1. Steppenwolf vs The Amazons. The most intense game of Keep Away ever.

2. Aquaman admitting his feelings to the team, when it turns out he was touching the Lasso of Truth.

3. The Flash helps Wonder Woman get her sword, then trips.

4. Superman telling Batman "Do you bleed?". Everyone in the theater was freaking out.

5. Flash and Cyborg digging Superman's grave. I know it was kind of messed up to some people, but I thought it was great.

Least favorite moments

1. Aquaman and Cyborg not really being "there". I know there's more scenes with them that were cut, but the movie barely had them shine as much as the others.

2. Steppenwolf getting the Motherboxes WAY too quickly. All of the Motherbox "heists" by him and other Parademons should've been just like the one on Themiscyra: longer and more action packed.

3. No Black Suit Superman. More of a nitpick but I would've liked to see that, and now we may never see it on screen, unless an extended cut has it included.

4. Batman being a bit too comic-relief(y). Take out one or two jokes he made and it could've been better, but I'm still fine with him being happy instead of mopey. (but keep "Something's definitely bleeding", that was perfect and it's been joked about since before BvS was released and it's amazing to see that come back to him that way)

5. Mustache CGI fiasco. Not just Superman's facial hair, but Steppenwolf and some scenery could've way been better. (why Paramount couldn't give Henry a fake mustache or animate one on after he shaved it? I will never know)

thebuckaronatr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be a little more specific even though I enjoyed the entire set-pieces that I'm about to mention.

Favourite Moments

1. Playing keep-away with the Mother Box -- Specifically the moment where one warrior ties the Mother Box to an arrow and shoots it to another warrior who catches it mid-flight.
  2. Wonder Woman backs Cyborg -- I feel like this was a character moment missed by most. As reluctant as Diana was to step into the role of a leader, she shows that she's willing to back her teammates up after Cyborg's impulsive attempt to save his father.
  3. Justice League comes together -- I'm talking about the moment where Batman decides to draw the parademon horde away from the Mother Boxes and is being overwhelmed. The team comes together to aid him.
  4. "Is this guy still bothering you?" -- Superman laying the beatdown on Steppenwolf. Heh, I guess he really wasn't a threat.
  5. Mera defending the Mother Box -- Just because Amber Heard is amazingly attractive in this role. And that underwater thunderclap was dope.

Least Favourite Moments

1. Superman vs. JL -- It was really uncalled for, and wasn't even resolved.
  2. The opening Batman scene
  3. Lois Lane being a pointless addition to the film
  4. The farm scene -- simply because the CGI moustache was most obvious here.
  5. The forgettable score

I second all of that.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite

1. Superman vs JL

2. Barry's reaction when he realized Superman could match his speed.

3. WW saving the kids.

4. Aquaman's speech when he was touching the lasso.

5. "Is this guy still bothering you".

6. Final shot of JL standing together.

Least favorites

1. Barry falling on Diana.

2. Diana hitting Bruce.

3. Lois Lane was a pointless addition.

4. Russian family.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saw it twice to see if it would change my mind

made it worse my only favorite scene now is flash vs superman

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favourite Moments:

1. Steppenwolf arrives at Themyscira and Battles the Amazons (You might have become indifferent to Steppenwolf by the end of the movie because of his relatively easy defeat but his arrival was great. First of all Ciaran Hinds did an amazing job, his voice was imposing and reeked of vengeance,of ruthlessness and sinister goals. The battle was perfectly shot and very creative. Wolf looked powerful)

2. Clark battles the League (Wasn't expecting Clark being capable of stomping the League but you can look this in another way. He was going all out and the League was fighting reluctantly. While the favorite scene in that sequence was when Clark stares at Barry and he is terrified, I also did like Clark and Diana's shockwave inducing headbutt competition. They should've not put Arthur down so quickly. I think Arthur doesn't have access to full range of his abilities yet. He said something in an interview about gaining the actual trident of Poseidon when he becomes King. That will make him at least Diana level or even more powerful)

3. The flashbacks of the Prehistoric Battle (Maybe I should put this in the moments I hate for it being so short. Seriously though, the grand scale of the battle alone makes this a favorite for me. Add in the old gods, glimpse of Zeus, the Freaking Lanterns and their beautifully done holographic suits and hard light constructs. That was absolutely amazing)

4. Cyborg Scenes (Ray Fischer did very well. Wasn't expecting that at all. He has only scratched the surface of his abilities and he's already very powerful. His bionic body can deflect heat vision and resist Steppenwolf's axe. His dynamic with the team was great. The little rivalry with Arthur, his dynamic with Diana and Bats, Scenes with his dad. They really did a huge mistake editing more of his scenes like his first flight scene. That looked amazing in the trailers.)

5. Arthur and Diana's lasso scene (That was creative and genuinely funny. I like humour done in a creative way, Don't like it when it's done in a slapstick manner and forced. Diana's smirk, Arthur's confession about how beautiful she is, Batman's reaction, Arthur and Barry's conversation afterwards, all really funny)

While the list of five is complete, I have one funny moment tied with the fifth one in my list. When Clark and Victor separate the mother boxes and after the huge explosion they crack jokes, Diana says, she is fighting with a couple of children. That moment was both funny and Adorable. Diana is like the mother of the league. Older and Wiser than everyone else.

What I didn't like:

Well to be honest there are quite a few things,

1. They made Batman less intimidating and his action sequences were Underwhelming. I mean I know he's supposed to be a changed man, not the dark and brutal guy he was back in BvS but the change is drastic. Also this version of Batman is supposed to be borderline Superhuman. His action sequences didn't do that fact any justice. I didn't like some of his Jokes. Batman doesn't crack jokes, not when he's in his Batsuit. The 'I didn't bring a sword' and 'I'm not the one who brought a Pitchfork' lines were okay though.

2. The battle sequence at the end was short and an overpowered Superman didn't help at all. I liked the fact that they didn't kill Steppenwolf like a disposable villain. The theme of him succumbing to his own fears and his minions preying on that fear was good and unique. If only Wolf were portrayed as more powerful. I'm okay with Superman defeating him but not like that. Clark didn't even care. It would've been great if they had shown that Wolf's Axe is unstoppable and Clark arrives, gives the team new hope and he uses his freeze breath to freeze it like he did and then they together defeat him with newfound zeal. That way Clark would still be the MVP without ruining Wolf's impact.

3. The edited scenes ruined the movie if you've read the descriptions of those scenes. Arthur would've got more character development which was needed a lot but above all, it was Steppenwolf's character motivation. According to Snyder's version of the script, the Mother Boxes contained the soul and spirit of his mother Heggra. That's why he called them Mother. Steppenwolf was weary of Darksied and wanted to fight him and end his rule over himself by releasing Heggra here on earth with the boxes, gain more power from her and use that power to defeat Darksied. He hated Darksied for banishing him after his first defeat and wanted to gain his place and position as a New God back. This sounds like a great character motivation to me. Editing out scenes had the most effect on character development of all the major characters. Some new scenes were unnecessarily long like the Russian family scene.

4. Superman's CGI mustache removal was awful. At the beginning he looked disgusting. The other scenes were watchable but still pretty badly done. How they allowed the movie release with such terrible CG is beyond my understanding.

5. While trying to be more light and different from its predecessors, JL suffered from some sort of Identity Crisis. I know dark and gritty doesn't appeal to everyone. But even though JL was significantly lighter in tone, some jokes and moments were unnecessary and too cliche. They took away the specific Identity DCEU had. Having a specific identity is a good thing in the long run. Helps you stand out. JL's tone doesn't stand out as much as it's characters and action sequences.

nathanthecynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favourite moments:

1. Wonder Woman saving all those people at the bank.

2. Diana hitting Bruce.

3. Barry visiting his father & drawing on that guy’s face.

4. Superman throwing Batman like a piece of garbage.

5. Steppenwolf vs the Amazons.

Least favourite moments:

1. Superman’s face.

2. Martha

3. Superman as being depicted as so powerful that the rest of the league is not needed.

4. Batman

5. Bad cgi.

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Transformaa

@ready_4_madness:

Favorite

1. Superman vs league

2. Superman crushing Steppenwolf

3. Steppenwolf smashing Amazons and killing a GL

4. Parademons rushing Steppenwolf back on the ship, while Steppenwolf tries to engage Zeus and Ares

5. Auqaman and the Lasso of truth

6. Everything cyborg

Dislikes

1. The short runtime

2. Not enough Superman

3. Not enough Zeus and Ares

LadyAdeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FAV:

- Evil Superman vs JL

- Flash and again Flash

- WW vs terrorist Rose Bolton

- Deathstroke

DISL:

- Steppenwolf was too weak

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Favorite moments

1. Flashback of the battle against Steppenwolf (I nearly jumped off my seat when I saw Green Lantenrs)

2. WW vs terrorists

3. Confused Superman vs League (with Superman using Batman's line 'Do you bleed?')

4. Aquaman talking while under lasso

5. Superman's beatdown of Steppenwolf (he even used freeze breath for the first time to freeze his weapon)

Least favorite moments

1. The opening Batman scene

2. Lois Lane being pointless (they could use Martha to calm Clark down)

3. The 'family in hiding' scenes

4. Hints of Bruce/Diana - I hate this pairing

5. Flash is trying too much to be a comic relief

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Thor-Parker

Favorite moments

1. Wonder Woman blocking all the bullets and saving the civillians in the bank

2. Superman vs Flash

3. Steppenwolf vs Amazons (present day)

4. Steppenwolf vs Amazons, Gods and GL

5. JL vs Steppenwolf on the tunnel

6- Superman footage at the beggining

Least favorite moments

1. The score was forgettabke af

2. Not showing how the rest of the world reacted to Steppenwolf, what made MOS so good was that it showed how the world would react if they had an alien in their mix, it kept it grounded while still being fantastical.

3. Something´s definitely bleeding

4. Forgettable final battle

5. No one in the world gave a $%&$ Superman came back to live, yet the whole movie tried to sell that the world was in pain due to his death.

GrImuS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Batman opening scene. (If you pay real close attention you can see him in the window)

2. Superman giving Flash the evil side eye in Slo-mo. My God that was imposing

3. Superman fighting the JL. (Cyborg and Aquaman freaking out)

4. Steppenwolf 1st failure battle/killing a Lantern

5. Aquaman scenes were great

DISLIKED

How they watered down Batman and made him too funny

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorites Moments:

1. Superman vs Justice League

2. Mara & Aquaman vs Steppenwolf

3. Cyborg Scenes

4. Flashback fight( however I would like more focus this battle)

5. Everybody Knows opening

Least Favorite Moments:

1. Lame Jokes; "Something is definitely bleeding", "Slowpoke".

2. Superman trashing Steppenwolf,why this guy needed gods and lanterns to stop him on the first go again?

3. Pointless Russian Family.

4. Superman Face

5. Underwhelming sound track

arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite moments

1. Superman Going Pet Cemetery (Vs Justice League) - Specifically Superman following Flash with his eyes, and Superman manhandling Wonder Woman and Batman

2. Batman's Opening Scene - not sure why some people dislike this part. If the rest of the movie followed this cinematography I would have been ecstatic

3. Wonder Woman vs Terrorists - That bullet blocking sequence is amazing

4. Cyborg

5. Every Gordon / Alfred Interaction (And the Alien Probing News Cast)

Least favorite moments

1. The Ending

2. Russian Family (but the Bug Spray Cannister was genuinely funny)

3. Act 2 & 3 Steppenwolf

4. Barry Allen's Character Out of Costume

5. Lack of Darkseid / Steppenwolf Motivation