Avatar image for deactivated-5cc66e8574839
#1 Posted by deactivated-5cc66e8574839 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

So Justice League 22 confirmed Mobius as he appeared in New 52 is the same anti Monitor who caused COIE. Maybe now comicvine will stop lowballing Darkseid and Anti Monitor but I doubt it.

https://postimg.cc/Hcmhr4Q0

Also Perpetua is the one who created infinite multiverse and can hold it in the palm of her hands.

https://postimg.cc/8JbnMJH2

https://postimg.cc/kRXYcJYB

#2 Posted by Lan_Fan (14855 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this will change people's perception regarding their low-end feats. People already have their own unchangeable mindset regarding certain mainstream characters like Superman or Darkseid. Basically they become the bar to other less known characters. Kinda sucks, to be honest.

#3 Edited by Magian (151758 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't that already confirmed? Although IIRC, according to Convergence, COIE never actually happened but anyway.

#4 Posted by Emperorb777 (11288 posts) - - Show Bio

So.........Darkseid one shots Thanos?

#5 Posted by deactivated-5cc66e8574839 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@magian: "People" still "argued" that new 52 Anti Monitor lacks feats and is a different character. Now its confirmed that he just died and reformed after his death.

@lan_fan: I know.

#6 Posted by NiteLite (2710 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Gpower (532 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by jamespacker (583 posts) - - Show Bio

Perpetua is OP

#9 Edited by baph (1990 posts) - - Show Bio

He is the same, Perpetua said that her childrens died and reformed, it's the same AM, but that doesn't exactly mean he's going to reform as powerful as his COIE version, especially when his N52 version is not even close to that version by feats.

#10 Posted by deactivated-5cc66e8574839 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@baph: Except none of the brothers got randomly Depowered. DC confirmed Anti Monitor is as powerful as his COIE version already.

https://i.imgur.com/mNEd0b9.jpg

You're talking about comparing feats of the same character to his resurrected form, how does that work?

#11 Posted by tensor (8503 posts) - - Show Bio

@lan_fan: Because people do not read comics an understand what is going on. The amount of time I have to correct people on this site with the made up nonsense they come up with.

Either way. What I find interesting is Darkseid in his weak form sense all of this an is trying his best to get back to his full power. So he can survive when she attempts to destroy the multiverse.

#12 Posted by Supermanthor (20232 posts) - - Show Bio

So.........Darkseid one shots Thanos?

if you on your fanboy mode then yes

in reality its one of the fights where it can go either way but us fanboys have too much ego to admit this

#13 Posted by Supermanthor (20232 posts) - - Show Bio

The better question when did anti monitor actually get lowballed here ?

#14 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

This is fake.

#15 Posted by norsewinter (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@motifian: do you rank darkseid as multiversal?

#16 Posted by deactivated-5cc66e8574839 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by norsewinter (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@motifian said:

@norsewinter: Generally? No.

i often hear people say that he is because i hear true darkseid is bigger than universes which is only possible if you are higher dimensional that exceeds 3 dimensional space of a universe

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#18 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5309 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to be clear, the issue did say the children of Perpetua would be "reborn" on several occasions. So while yes it is technically the same anti monitor one could argue he was "reborn" during the New 52 which means maybe a change in power. I wouldn't see a reason why he would be any weaker but still, she did say they would be "reborn" throughout the ages and throughout multiple crisises

#19 Posted by jashugan (6636 posts) - - Show Bio

A good argument for "character a was super powerful in the past, died and came back but isn't doing anything close to what he did in the past" is that they got weaker.

#20 Posted by TheArchon (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

A good argument for "character a was super powerful in the past, died and came back but isn't doing anything close to what he did in the past" is that they got weaker.

Show me how Anti-Monitor got weaker.

#21 Posted by jashugan (6636 posts) - - Show Bio

@thearchon: I can't show you shit, I don't know the character. Perhaps you should read my post carefully? If a character could do something decades ago, dies, comes back, and can't do those same things again, then a good reason can be that said character got weaker. The writer/director/whoever would be showing you said character got weaker without telling you.

#22 Posted by deactivated-5cc66e8574839 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: Why would he get weakened when Monitor and World Forger didn't? And DC encyclopedia confirmed that he wasn't weakened.

#23 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5309 posts) - - Show Bio

@motifian: I don’t think he was weakened I just said I can see someone arguing that

#24 Posted by deactivated-5cc66e8574839 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5309 posts) - - Show Bio

@motifian: bro I was just saying people could argue since he gets “reborn” then I can understand why someone would say it. Other characters get reborn or retconned all the time and their power levels change, I don’t care about whatever scope you don’t think it has, I’m just saying I understand

#26 Edited by dshipp17 (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really liking what I've heard about this story arc; I have to go from the start; these Super Titans are on or near the Presence, as they said he was present as the DC multiverse was being created. And they showed us how Superman can be handled, if need be.

#27 Edited by deactivated-5cc66e8574839 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: Just being reborn doesn't mean you get automatically depowered, there must be some implications for that.

Like I said, there's no scope for such an argument now.

#28 Edited by norsewinter (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: @firestarlord73194: @motifian:

motifian is right. world forger (comparable entity to antimonitor) having been reborn was still capable of rewriting the lower multiverse with his hammer.

if world forger (who has been creating infinite universes) can maintain his multiversal power after being revived (again) the same could be said for his blood kin brothers.

weve seen it demonstrated they do not lose their previous life's power.

#29 Posted by jashugan (6636 posts) - - Show Bio

@norsewinter: Well that's the thing. You have a character who had x powerlevel before dying and after reviving he still had x power level. You can make a case he didn't get less powerful.

If instead you have a character who had x power level before dying and after reviving had y power level you can make a case they got weaker.

#30 Posted by deactivated-5cc66e8574839 (1695 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: That's where DC encyclopedia comes in to picture which established AM was as powerful as before.

https://i.imgur.com/mNEd0b9.jpg

#31 Edited by Supermanthor (20232 posts) - - Show Bio

4 things are clear

> there are countless brings like perpetua and her children some are stronger some are as strong as her

> they have thier own multiverse ( wonder who created the cw dc tv show multiverse ? )

> she is no where near most powerful in dc omniverse

> there will always be a bigger fish in the jar

#32 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (5309 posts) - - Show Bio

@norsewinter: I agree, I don’t believe AM got weaker at all, which be extension means darkseid is pretty high up there too imo