• 54 results
Posted by TheVivas (19127 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Jonathan "Jon" Kent is the firstborn son of Kryptonian superhero Superman and news reporter Lois Lane. He was born of the New Earth versions of the characters whilst trapped on Telos during Convergence. Following the Rebirth of the Universe, his parents merged with their Prime Earth versions, folding their histories and Jon's into one. To all those around him, Jon now always had been a denizen of Prime Earth. Jonathan was born during a multiversal cataclysm after both his and his mother's lives were jeopardized by a mentally unstable counterpart of his father. Superman managed to get his family into safety with the assistance of an alternate Batman who aided Superman in the delivery of his son. When the one responsible for said cataclysm had a change of heart, Lois and Jon accompanied his father to the first Crisis in order to prevent the Multiverse from collapsing, a mission that proved successful. Jon and his parents ended up stranded in a different Earth than the one they came from, to which they were forced to overcome and adapt to have a fulfilling life. All of that was taken from the Wiki.

This thread will be divided into the following categories:

• Flight
  • Strength
  • Speed
  • Durability/Invulnerability
  • Heat Vision
  • Freeze Breath
  • Super Senses
  • Solar Flare

Flight

(Super Sons Issue #10) We all knew it was coming. After maturing his powers and growing them as well, Jon learns how to fly:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Strength

(Superman Rebirth Issue #04) Jon helps his father punch the Eradicator's head off and leave it hanging back:

(Superman Rebirth Issue #08) Jon punches a giant pterodactyl and forces it to crash to the ground:

(Superman Rebirth Issue #17) Jon knocks down a thick tree with a single punch:

No Caption Provided

(Super Sons Issue #02) Jon staggers Lex Luthor in his Superman suit with a kick:

(Super Sons Issue #02) Jon jumps an incredibly far distance since he didn't know how to fly at this time:

No Caption Provided

(Super Sons Issue #03) Jon punches an android in half and then rips another in two:

No Caption Provided

(Super Sons Issue #04) Jon carries three people on his back while he and Robin escape from Kid Amazo's lab:

(Super Sons Issue #06) Jon stops a speeding moped and grips the bumper of a car to lift it up for Damian:

No Caption Provided

(Super Sons Issue #07) Jon punches down a large steel door:

(Super Sons Issue #07) Jon breaks out from being frozen in time however Time Commander did imply that he was weaker than before after turning Robin into an old man:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

(Super Sons Issue #07) Jon throws Chun-Yull into Atom-Master:

No Caption Provided

(Super Sons Annual #01) Jon catches a car as it crashes over a bridge and aligns it softy on the ground:

(Superman Rebirth Issue #26) Jon is able to stop a speeding train after its brakes had broken:

No Caption Provided

Speed

(Super Sons Issue #02) Lex Luthor says that it's nonsense to believe that Jon is a normal kid with his speed after Jon kicked Luthor and ran away from him:

No Caption Provided

(Super Sons Issue #11) Jon takes out all five members of The Hangmen as a red blur and the Teen Titans believed it was Kid Flash who defeated the gang:

(Action Comics Issue #966) Jon races his father home and beats him, surprising Superman who was just trying to tell Jon that not even Flash can beat Clark in a race:

No Caption Provided

(Super Sons Issue #14) Jon is fast enough to intercept a sniper shot after it was fired and catch the bullet in his bare hands, all faster than the shooter, Talia Al-Ghul, could notice him:

Durability/Invulnerability

(Superman Rebirth Issue #10) Jon takes a kick to the face and a flurry of punches from Damian Wayne:

(Superman Rebirth Issue #17) Jon protects Kathy from the spikes of a large porcupine using his body as a shield:

No Caption Provided

(Super Sons Issue #03) Jon is punched back by an android Batman with enough force to break a small tree but bounces right back up:

No Caption Provided

(Super Sons Issue #05) Jon is thrown into the large penny in the Batcave by Damian and pelted by his Batarangs and answers with annoyance:

(Super Sons Issue #05) Jon shrugs off Damian's explosives:

No Caption Provided

(Super Sons Issue #08) Jon survives and shrugs off being basically at the forefront of a medium-sized explosion:

(Super Sons Issue #13) A sword breaks against Jon's skin:

(Super Sons Issue #14) Jon catches a sword in his hand and breaks the blade without hurting himself:

No Caption Provided

(Super Sons Issue #16) Jon was deemed as a possible host for the Amazo armor after it had siphoned the energy of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Flash when before it had their energies, it was able to fry a normal human kid and kill him:

No Caption Provided

(Super Sons Issue #16) Jon is blasted by Kid Amazo's repulsor blast and sent flying into a wall hard enough to crack it but recovers in a few moments:

(Superman Rebirth Issue #26) Jon is able to hold a wooden beam that's on fire without any discomfort:

No Caption Provided

(Superman Rebirth Issue #26) Jon is punched away by Dreadnaught and sent flying into a building but is fine right afterwards:

(Superman Rebirth Issue #38) Jon is fine after blocking Starfire's energy blast on his forearms and according to Robin, she wasn't holding back:

No Caption Provided

Heat Vision

(Action Comics Issue #961) Jon injures Doomsday with his Heat Vision:

(Trinity Issue #06) Jon uses his Heat Vision to send a possessed Superman flying backwards:

(Superman Rebirth Issue #01) Jon accidentally uses his Heat Vision to fry a hawk and his cat:

(Superman Rebirth Issue #02) Jon's Heat Vision burns Superman and destroys a controlling crystal that was forcing a large tentacled creature to attack Superman and a sub full of men:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

(Superman Rebirth Issue #02) We later see that Superman's back is burned and he says that Jon's Heat Vision "packed a wallop":

No Caption Provided

(Superman Rebirth Issue #17) Jon's Heat Vision was hot enough to turn the ground to glass:

No Caption Provided

(Superman Rebirth Issue #21) Jon's Heat Vision is able to slice through a giant squid's tentacles:

(Super Sons Issue #13) Jon uses precise and thin beams of Heat Vision to injure an Assassin's leg:

No Caption Provided

Freeze Breath

(Superman Rebirth Issue #10) Jon sneezes and accidentally activates his Freeze Breath, freezing Goliath's wings:

(Superman Rebirth Issue #10) Jon then creates a large column of ice with his Freeze Breath in order to stop Batman and Superman from arguing:

No Caption Provided

(Superman Rebirth Issue #11) Jon uses his Freeze Breath to freeze Mister Squish:

No Caption Provided

Super Breath

(Action Comics Issue #960) Not really a "Super Breath" feat per se, but when his father was fighting Doomsday, Jon cheered so loud he broke the windows in the room he was in:

No Caption Provided

(Super Sons Issue #04) Jon uses his Super Breath to blow away an android a considerable distance:

No Caption Provided

(Super Sons Issue #08) Jon's Super Breath shreds off Chun-Yull's clothes and top layer of skin, leaving him just in his clay form and easy to finish off:

Super Senses

Hearing

(Superman Rebirth Issue #01) Jon hears Wonder Woman, Batman, and his father talking outside his house:

(Superman Rebirth Issue #21) While flying around with his father, Jon is able to hear the heartbeats of certain citizens in the town below him:

No Caption Provided

Sight

(Super Sons Issue #02) Jon is able to sift through 127 hours of security camera footage and locate the face of one guy several times in about a minute when Robin said it would take him about a week to do so:

(Super Sons Issue #10) Jon's Telescopic Vision allows him to see a robbery happening across Gotham:

No Caption Provided

(Action Comics Issue #966) Jon's Telepathic Vision allows him to see a satellite in clear view:

No Caption Provided

Solar Flare

(Super Sons Issue #11) Jon has the same Solar Flare ability New-52 Superman had where he unleashed a lot of his stored energy all at once in a devastating AOE blast. Jon's is activated when his emotional levels get too high and stressed and when he accidentally fired one off, he damaged the Titans Tower and knocked out all of the Teen Titans:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

(Teen Titans Rebirth Issue #15) Robin says he read Batman's files before and confirms that Jon used a Solar Flare:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Thanks for reading. Click here to view my other Respect Threads.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#1 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17299 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#2 Posted by MightyKalEl (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

Good work.

#3 Posted by Battle123axe (8849 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18169 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by ValorKnight (11654 posts) - - Show Bio

Neat.

Avatar image for passingthroughv2
#6 Posted by passingthroughv2 (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

In the future I imagine Jon to be like Clark with stronger energy projection abilities since HV is Jon's main thing.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#7 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

Gohan.

#8 Posted by utkanflash (2382 posts) - - Show Bio

Great piece of work. Thanks and Congrats

#9 Posted by rahiem9123 (1533 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome job

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
#11 Posted by blackpantherisb (6801 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#12 Posted by Lvenger (36294 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job, it’s about time Jon got a respect thread.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b728068f211c
#13 Posted by deactivated-5b728068f211c (7069 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

#14 Posted by IceDemonKing (9979 posts) - - Show Bio

my boy john needed this.

#15 Posted by Heatforce (5710 posts) - - Show Bio

As a father, the relationship between Clark and Jon really hit home. I hope he is kept as a kid for a long time because once my son can read I would love to introduce him to supersons.

#16 Posted by StormShadow_X (16226 posts) - - Show Bio

Ayye

#17 Posted by SaintWildcard (21646 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't respect the bastard

#18 Posted by MightyKalEl (2202 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas: There is a speed feat in Super Sons #14. Jon flew faster than a speeding bullet, caught it and saved his mom from getting killed.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#19 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (9926 posts) - - Show Bio

John and Jor-El tears through a Dominator ship, kicks some Dominator ass. The day is officially saved.

Superman #8

Shortly afterwards, John preforms a pretty darn good combat speed feat, blitzing more than a dozen alien soldiers in a short amount of time.

Same issue as per the above
Same issue as per the above

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#20 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4607 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised the feat of him racing his dad isn’t on here... I remember even Clark commented on how fast he was. Also Jon is now 17, I’m interested to see if there will be any interaction between Jon and Connor considering both characters are now being written by Bendis

#21 Posted by Helloman (27042 posts) - - Show Bio

This is good!

#22 Posted by TheVivas (19127 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (9926 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by Supermanthor (13665 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by GXrevs06 (4129 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought this speed feat was pretty solid

#26 Posted by Aros001 (3546 posts) - - Show Bio

Any particular reason or is it more you just don't like Rebirth Superman as a whole and preferred some other previous versions?

#27 Posted by XLR87T3 (9603 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas: Do you have a Simon Baz respect thread? And I agree that you need to update several characters

#28 Edited by TheVivas (19127 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: I’ve thought about it but haven’t made any plans to make one for him yet. And yeah I’ve been away from comics for too long.

#29 Posted by XLR87T3 (9603 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas: You should do Simon. You did Jessica, but you didn't do her partner, who's IIRC even more powerful than herself

#30 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4607 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: wasn’t Simon able to heal ppl or something like that? I vaguely remember he was the only one able to revert a red lantern back to normal without them dying

#31 Posted by Heatforce (5710 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: well Bendis is destroying him now along with Superman and Lois. Truly heartbreaking. I know you dont like Jon but as a father myself with a young son, he was very relatable and I enjoyed seeing supes with a family. Bendis....

#32 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4607 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: I think I’m the only person that is enjoying Bendis on superman lol

#33 Edited by SaintWildcard (21646 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001 said:
@saintwildcard said:

Any particular reason or is it more you just don't like Rebirth Superman as a whole and preferred some other previous versions?

Ring a ding ding

@heatforce said:

@saintwildcard: well Bendis is destroying him now along with Superman and Lois. Truly heartbreaking. I know you dont like Jon but as a father myself with a young son, he was very relatable and I enjoyed seeing supes with a family. Bendis....

So I hear, I get a chuckle out of it and make sure to rub that salt in the wound of some friends of mine who love him.

I hate Jon for my own set of petty reasons. If I'm being objective, there is nothing really wrong with the character, he's just tied to the death of my Superman, and the main reason he can never come back, because Jon is too solid a glue. The only legit gripe I have, outside of no build up, is how he was conceived, by which I mean naturally. They spent decades saying Superman couldn't have a kid with a human, and they threw all that away. If it were me, I would have gone the full Science Fiction route and had Jon be made in the Fortress of Solitude or something. It adds a layer on their relationship as a couple of parents who can't have kids the natural way so they have to find an answer through science.

#34 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4607 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: they already did the Superman offspring caused by strange, fantastical means.... his name is Connor. Logically they can’t do that again, I’m really not understanding why the hatred for the current superman. Other than his power levels dwindling a little he’s essentially the same character, I see nothing different with him as his post crisis counterpart other than he benches less weight and runs slower, and seeing him as a husband and father is pretty cool too.

#35 Posted by SaintWildcard (21646 posts) - - Show Bio

@saintwildcard: they already did the Superman offspring caused by strange, fantastical means.... his name is Connor. Logically they can’t do that again, I’m really not understanding why the hatred for the current superman. Other than his power levels dwindling a little he’s essentially the same character, I see nothing different with him as his post crisis counterpart other than he benches less weight and runs slower, and seeing him as a husband and father is pretty cool too.

Yes and no, but the story that stated they couldn't have a kid was told a whole decade later (Last Son oF Krypton). Plus, Connor is a clone, this is more about creating a son. I think the substance of the story outweighs any similarities. They had already set the stage, and it's not like they did anything more interesting by having him be born naturally other than throw away the tension and drama.

It may shock you, but I'm one of a few.... dozen people that actually liked New 52 Superman. Unfortunately a lot of his potential was squandered. Lots of bad writers came on board and set the stage in a bad way (looking at you Johns). Really, the only good writers in the New 52 regarding Superman were Grant MOrrison, Greg Pak and Soule (although his SUperman lacked a proper personality, but his stories and romance were pretty well done). I think Greg Pak mastered what I think many writers fail to capture which is writing the Farmboy aspect. Now, I haven't read every Pre 52 story, but I've read plenty of big stories and all the origins and they all fail to get me to relate or care about Superman.

I have no problem with seeing him as a father, and had this story taken place in the New 52, and they had built up to it I would have been onboard. As it stands they push this baby out, time skip and kill my Superman in the process. So yeah, Jon can die a Game of Thrones style death for all I care

#36 Posted by SaintWildcard (21646 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: Also, can I just say that in terms of male hero characters with kids, I prefer Naruto and Boruto. Now, I haven't seen every single episode and issue, but conceptually I like that more. Naruto as a busy father who can't always be there, and Boruto as a kid who has become jaded to his dads accomplishments and just sees him as a normal dad. We all grew up seeing our dads as heroes, so it's ironic when the son of an actual hero does the opposite. Sky HIgh also did something interesting, in that the son wanted to make his dad proud, and he felt pressure cus all anyone sees are the accomplishments of his parents and attribute them to him and that he'll be just as great as them.

#37 Posted by Aros001 (3546 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: Also, can I just say that in terms of male hero characters with kids, I prefer Naruto and Boruto. Now, I haven't seen every single episode and issue, but conceptually I like that more. Naruto as a busy father who can't always be there, and Boruto as a kid who has become jaded to his dads accomplishments and just sees him as a normal dad. We all grew up seeing our dads as heroes, so it's ironic when the son of an actual hero does the opposite. Sky HIgh also did something interesting, in that the son wanted to make his dad proud, and he felt pressure cus all anyone sees are the accomplishments of his parents and attribute them to him and that he'll be just as great as them.

You're one of the few people I've seen who shares a similar opinion as I do about Naruto and Boruto (mind you, I've just seen the movie and a few clips from the anime). I just remember still back when the Boruto movie came out and Legend of Korra was still on and people were flipping their sh*t, ranting about how Naruto and Aang were turned into bad fathers by a studio that was "clearly" trying to crap on them to make Boruto and Korra look better. Because it's just so hard for people to accept that their heroes couldn't be perfect in every aspect of their lives and that many good people can still make mistakes when trying to raise children while balancing the rest of their duties.

#38 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (9926 posts) - - Show Bio

17 years old Johnathan Kent tanks a black hole. Granted, he was dazed, but still fully conscious which is a great durability feat, probably an outlier.

Superman #8

#39 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4607 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by PrimelyGreat (528 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest said:

17 years old Johnathan Kent tanks a black hole. Granted, he was dazed, but still fully conscious which is a great durability feat, probably an outlier.

Superman #8

Bendis is out of control lol. Good to see the Crime Syndicate though.

#41 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (9926 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: I thought that was one of the effects of the black hole, lol. Hopefully the next issue will provide us with more context.

#42 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4607 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: no cuz the black hole was later on, after the fight. I think he genuinely has some sort of psionic powers like Connor and Jon Lane Kent have

#43 Posted by DeathandGrim (4781 posts) - - Show Bio

Great work! I love this little guy

#44 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (9926 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: Second panel at the bottom, right? That actually looks like teleporation, lol.

#45 Edited by FireStarLord73194 (4607 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: no no, it was in the same issue but on a different page (page 12 specifically) none of the ones posted. It was when him and jor el were fighting the hawk people he punches a guy out with a giant psionic fist, it’s smack in the middle of the page, kinda hard to miss

#46 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (9926 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: Oh yeah, I remember, excuse my retardation. Anyways, that's not entirely out of the realm of possibility, it just needs to be highlighted in the upcoming issues to become an actual thing.

#47 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4607 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: I hope it gets expanded on and not a case of another writer mistaking the identity of one character for another. Knowing Bendis he’s probably confusing jon for connor and won’t explain this power because he thinks it already was

#48 Posted by SeaGod (4598 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: I hope it gets expanded on and not a case of another writer mistaking the identity of one character for another. Knowing Bendis he’s probably confusing jon for connor and won’t explain this power because he thinks it already was

If one son of Superman and Lois can then it's not out of the realm of possibility that another can.

#49 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (9926 posts) - - Show Bio

@firestarlord73194: Indeed, Bendis is so weird. Also, aren't the Crime Syndicate dead? Y'know the Darkseid War events? I bet he didn't think of that, he's screwing things up.

#50 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4607 posts) - - Show Bio