Joker's critic reviews

• 52 results
Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They don't seem to be very high meanwhile audiences seem to absolutely love it.

Why do you think it's like that? Could it be possible the initial hype has made people think it's better than it really is or is it just a case of unfair critic reviews?

And I haven't seen the movie but will soon but this thing got me intrigued. I'll try to ignore any hype and bias when I watch it.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They don't like it due to the dark tone, violence and portrayal of mental illness.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like no matter how good the movie would be people would try to trash it because trashing DC movies is a trend

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't it obvious that Disney is paying critics to bash the film?

MatvelBo77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batwoman has higher score ......

And audience give it crap

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as I see, it's only the American critics who dislike it.

Critics in other countries like it. Remember it even won the Golden Lion at the Venice Festival.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd
deactivated-5f5eba8f0a2dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IGN gave it a 10/10, the reviews are good...

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because far left thinks that it's glorifying a mass murderer.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

Considering Batwoman has a higher critic score, I tend not to care too much what they think. I base the merit of their reviews off of their content, not what their label happens to be.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

All the YouTubers who i follow love it, critics from publications I don't even know are ripping on it from a social aspect, so I don't take them seriously.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because some critics actually thought this movie would make its audience members want to commit mass shootings.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, almost every negative review I've seen was negative not because of the movie itself, but because they misinterpreted the movie's messages about gun violence and mental illness.

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the purpose of this? Getting angry at critics just because they don't love your new favorite movie.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its not the film it's what the film portrays and the critics being influenced by American politics

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

The reviews only went to shit when the far left morons started to review it.

Before that it got raving reviews.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, almost every negative review I've seen was negative not because of the movie itself, but because they misinterpreted the movie's messages about gun violence and mental illness.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@lowmagekage said:

What's the purpose of this? Getting angry at critics just because they don't love your new favorite movie.

What's the purpose of this comment? Getting angry at people just because they don't immediately take critics opinions as gospel?

See how that works?

Sup3rn0va

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's like people aren't allowed to dislike a movie or something

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By killbilly  Moderator

@sup3rn0va said:
@lowmagekage said:

It's like people aren't allowed to dislike a movie or something

Or it could just be that somebody's interested why there seems to be such a disparity between the opinions of normal audience members and people writing for publications that survive off of views... Just a thought.

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-610bd31442771
deactivated-610bd31442771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

most of the critics are SJWs and sensitive cucks

LowMageKage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LowMageKage

@bearderby: What an introspective and insightful argument.

Fucking zombie.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Jgames

They are literally reviews where they are praising the movie, but say its a negative for making them feel sad......Like wtf where you expecting. Like is one thing for an audience member to say this, but not a freaking critics who job is to see movies, and have probably seen way worse than this, but because its mainstream, its "dangerous". I do think it is valid to say some of the critics are full of crap. Is one thing to not like because it maybe burrow to much from Scorsese, maybe not like the pacing, but hate it because its too "dark", "inspired incels", "dangerous", "white male" like what XD. I am not white and I feel offended, screw them.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also yes it is funny that something like Ant-man and the wasp 2 and Captain Marvel can get a pretty decent score despite being so generic and soulless, but a director moving and unique superhero movies comes around, and people are like eh. I get Rotten Tomato is not an indicator of the scores, as most of the scores are either high or in between, but still screw them.

Absol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Also this:

No Caption Provided
sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have seen mostly positive reviews. Even seen a few 10/10 . Most of the negative reviews are coming from people with agendas. Keep in mind, many of the same people trashing joker gave sharknado positive reviews.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@absol123: Ngl, I found that weird as well. People literally cheered when he shot the host guy. That's...weird.

Avatar image for darkdementor101
DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

@absol123: Ngl, I found that weird as well. People literally cheered when he shot the host guy. That's...weird.

You think that was weird! My theater was laughing when he started stabbing the fatso.

DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DarkDementor101
@mrmonster said:

Pretty much this! I'm not from America, so I won't know what the political climate over there is like, but nearly everyone of my friends that I have spoken to, some in foreign countries, have said that the film was praised. This seems to be a problem solely pertaining to the US

Isaiah90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: They hate it because they're paid to or they're not comic book fans and think violent movies create violent people. There's many reasons why critics might hate it. Most criticisms focus on everything, but the movie. It's why i don't take them seriously.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 anthp2000  Moderator

I am giving this a chance these days because of how good literally everyone says it is. I wasn't remotely hyped for this before the worldwide acclaim, because frankly I think the Joker's about to become overused on every medium, but that's a pretty nice surprise.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

You think that was weird! My theater was laughing when he started stabbing the fatso.

My theater erupted when he killed Murray, they were straight up cheering and clapping. I’ve never been so confused in my life.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Some CNN reviewer said Joker was racist. At that point I stopped listening to critics, only listen to some youtube reviewers like Jeremy Jahns and Chris Stuckman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4168075532
deactivated-5da4168075532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some CNN reviewer said Joker was racist. At that point I stopped listening to critics, only listen to some youtube reviewers like Jeremy Jahns and Chris Stuckman.

Good thing they are not rotten tomato certifird film critics

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Thekillerklok
No Caption Provided

the only full size image I could find for some reason.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

Also yes it is funny that something like Ant-man and the wasp 2 and Captain Marvel can get a pretty decent score despite being so generic and soulless, but a director moving and unique superhero movies comes around, and people are like eh. I get Rotten Tomato is not an indicator of the scores, as most of the scores are either high or in between, but still screw them.

Only if those directors copied superior movies so that normies will think it is unique.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdementor101 said:
@rbt said:

My theater erupted when he killed Murray, they were straight up cheering and clapping. I’ve never been so confused in my life.

Because that is what the you are suppose to do. Joker is a hero who kills bad people

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/06/opinions/joker-political-parable-donald-trump-presidency-yang/index.html

Heres an Op ed from an "journalist" who works for both CNN and WSJ

While many reviewers have focused on Fleck as an "incel" hero -- his status as a sexless loner who turns to violence -- the true nature of the movie's appeal is actually broader: It's an insidious validation of the white-male resentment that helped bring President Donald Trump to power.
"Joker," at its core, is the story of the "forgotten man," the metaphoric displaced and disenfranchised white man whose goodwill has been abused and whose status has been reduced. A man who has been crushed underfoot by the elite, dragged down by equality-demanding feminists and climbed over by upstart nonwhite and immigrant masses.
just a snippet.... watch as the "Journalist" just makes shit up. and realize that media is trash.
Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jgames

@tobymaguire: Like if someone hate it for burrowing too much from Taxi Driver and king of comedy, fine. Just like Stranger Thing burrowing from Speilberg, I do not mind if its still unique enough and use it to make a good movie. I rather take a blatant copy of a good movie than an okay movie. I mean nothing is really original, let be honest.

Granted if it burrow too much from other movies was the main critic, fine. But that is not entirely the case it seems.

DarkDementor101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:
@darkdementor101 said:
@rbt said:

Because that is what the you are suppose to do. Joker is a hero mentally ill person who kills bad, but innocent, people assholes

Avatar image for onlyoneempereor
OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

the only full size image I could find for some reason.

This is the reason this movie holds only a 68% on RT and 60/100 Metacritic (1 point from being positive).. So Delusional.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This film's legacy will be about making critics irrelevant. There's just too many "critics" now. Every rag tag website and paper has a critic employed. All they care about is their agenda. Some of the reviews were flat out asinine.

I even learned of a case where the same critic reviewed the film twice and gave it divergent scores.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad truth is most of modern critics (especially on RT) judge art by it's political themes first instead of actually how good it is.

"Female and minority represantation? 10/10" Looking at you Last Jedi

"Mentally ill white man shoots people? 0/10"

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By OrangeBat

As a movie on its own merits, it’s meh. It rips Taxi Driver off a bit too blatantly at parts and it’s not as clever and entertaining a satire of American culture as Falling Down was, plus it’s take on the Joker is essentially the same “little guy driven to the brink” take we’ve been getting for over two decades. Not even gonna get into the plot holes and how Arthur keeps getting away with committing openly-witnessed crimes without being arrested.

As a film which triggered the media establishment and made them look like total tools though, it’s absolutely brilliant.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4f5de81abe
deactivated-5da4f5de81abe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: I don’t think it has plot holes, the detective stuff is not explored much and left ambiguous. He got arrested at the end, may you explain the plot holes of not being arrested?

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@janembaxv: Mainly stuff like blatantly stealing paperwork from Arkham and then being able to freely go on the Murray show. The movie often skids around the fact that Arthur should be a wanted criminal long before he snaps at the end of the movie, which really bugged me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da4f5de81abe
deactivated-5da4f5de81abe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orangebat: maybe he got a thing and they didn’t resolve, after he did give the paperwork back I don’t think they did anything other than police but I respect your opinion, just disagree since it’s a plot contrivance not a plot hole

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@janembaxv: They don't really show him giving it back and I doubt he would go back after blatantly assaulting an employee and stealing government documents.