Joker question(spoilers)

Avatar image for getsugatenshoha
GetsugatenshoHA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What all do you think was real and what do you think was just things he imagined?

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tbh, I don’t even know, and at this point I don’t wanna know. That’s the beauty of it.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

One thing I'm really questioning, is if he was given that gun or if he stole it

After he "gave him the gun", we hear about how Arthur tried to buy a guy from him....

Scholomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My theory is that he's in Arkham the whole time and just recalling the events that led up to him being there, but the thing is, he's a very unreliable narrator, the story that was presented is in his POV, we can't fully trust Arthur, thus maybe some of the events may have happened and maybe some of it did not, we can't tell for sure.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@mrnoital said:

One thing I'm really questioning, is if he was given that gun or if he stole it

After he "gave him the gun", we hear about how Arthur tried to buy a guy from him....

Seen a movie twice now and I haven't even considered that until now. Makes sense, though.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mrmonster

I think that the scene where Murray invites him onstage was definitely his imagination. I can't think of any others though.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the movie made the imagined scenes pretty obvious. He imagined going on stage with Murray in the beginning of the movie, and being in a relationship with the lady from his floor. Pretty much anything that seemed "too good to be true" was him fantasizing or daydreaming. I do think he might have stole that gun as well now that another user mentioned it. It also plays into the "too good to be true" requirement for his fantasizing since his co-worker seemed to be a lot friendlier to him in that scene. But, then again....that same co-worker did come by to cheer him up after his mom died. So, idk.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imma be real with you, I don’t know.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I think that the scene where Murray invites him onstage was definitely his imagination. I can't think of any others though.

yeah, the one at the beginning was definitely in his head, which lead me to guessing that his interactions with Zazie was in his head as well

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the gun thing is plausible but not concrete. It is a little strange that Randall denied it later, but on the other hand, he could've been lying because there were coworkers around. But on the other other hand, if he sells guns so willy-nilly, would he really care that much if his coworkers knew?

Thinking about this movie really messes with your mind, doesn't it?

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthur didn’t imagine anything about the gun. Randall forced the gun on him and then told everyone that Arthur wanted to buy it because he’s a scumbag. If I had to theorize given how determined he was that Arthur take the gun, I would say he was actively trying to get rid of the gun. It was probably involved in another crime. Randall used Arthur as his scapegoat. This just further goes to show how an ugly world takes advantage of Arthur.