Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

At long last .......

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok's long-awaited Batman: Three Jokers limited series will debut on June 17, DC announced Monday. The three-issue series, spinning out of the duo's 2016-17 "Darkseid War" arc of Justice League and Johns' DC Universe: Rebirth #1, will re-examine DC's Clown Prince of Crime and the multiple facets of the hero - both metaphorical and visual, as seen in these covers.

"After years of anticipation, the epic story is finally here: find out why there are three Jokers, and what that means for the decades-long battle between the Dark Knight and the Clown Prince of Crime," reads DC's description. "In this powerful, emotional story Batman, Batgirl and Red Hood—all past victims of the Joker—work together to solve a mystery unlike anything they've ever faced before!"

Described as "the ultimate story of Batman and the Joker...", Batman: Three Jokers was originally announced in 2018 as part of Geoff Johns "Killing Zone" imprint - but no mention of that label is present in DC's announcement today, instead simply re-affirming it'll be in DC's 17+ Black Label imprint. At Comic-Con International: San Diego 2018, Johns said the series would debut that winter but was never ultimately released in that timeframe.

"It's not about other dimensions, or other Earths. It's a very grounded, emotional story," said Johns in 2018. "This will explore a new facet of who Bruce Wayne is that's never been seen in comics. It connects him to the Joker in a way that will change their relationship forever."

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@entropy_aegis@tdk_1997@infantfinite128@ghostodoofus2@wolverinebatmanftw@zariusii

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

At least it's happening while I'm still alive. That's something :p

Don't know if I'll check it but I'm curious to see what's the deal with the 3 Jokers. Great covers as well.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 morpheus_  Moderator

Johns can't write Batman. He's been trying for 15 years to no avail. Enshrouding bad writing with beautiful art won't change much.

Avatar image for deactivated-64456b84cf5e8
deactivated-64456b84cf5e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johns can't write Batman. He's been trying for 15 years to no avail. Enshrouding bad writing with beautiful art won't change much.

No Caption Provided

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Wasn't this originally suppose to be in canon? From my understanding Dark Label dont do canon stories for their flagship.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 morpheus_  Moderator

@vishop_: Don't get me wrong, I'm open to the possibility of Johns surprising me, he's done it before. I just find it... unlikely.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

@stormshadow_x: I think it is still canon. Maybe they are publishing it under that label because of its content?

JamesWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian: I’m thinking they’ll play lose if whether Iran it this is cannon. Even if Johns says it is, if it’s never picked up by others then is it really? Same with doomsday clock. Still think this will be a great story though, like doomsday clock. Only concern I have is Johns doesn’t typically get Batman as a character but he’s had a long time to develop this story so I’m very hopeful

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MAZAHS117

Now that Doomsday Clock has ended, this is the only book/story I’m actually looking forward too

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the tag.

Fabok's art is fantastic.

While I don't find the deepening of the relationship between Batman and Joker to be an interesting premise, I think it'll be a solid read. I really enjoyed Geoff Johns' Batman Earth One.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: Don't get me wrong, I'm open to the possibility of Johns surprising me, he's done it before. I just find it... unlikely.

I am well aware of how he treats him as a side-noob character in JL or other comics but he gave a decent story to Earth-One Batman with a more realistic version. Now that he is the main protagonist and most of Batman's lore is at stake I think Johns will be writing a Batman story more than ever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostodoofus2 Your favorite modern writer is going to write Batman. Haven't seen you around in these topics..... Would like to know what do you think.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn’t agree more.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohhhh yeeeeaaaah!! The best writer AND the best artist in comics today working together.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: Man, this is probably the only new comics project I'm excited for, I've not been keeping up with DC's new stuff. So far I've only followed the Rebirth Superman comics.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: Man, this is probably the only new comics project I'm excited for, I've not been keeping up with DC's new stuff. So far I've only followed the Rebirth Superman comics.

Lol Same here. Though I kept updated with new Batman comics and Doomsday Clock.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_: Yeah I'll get on Doomsday Clock after I'm done with several old runs. I've got Wolfman and Perez's New Teen Titans, Claremont's X-Men, Simonson's Thor and the Invincible series to read through before checking out anything new.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I am still highly sceptical about this book but I am at least glad that I will be able to live and read it. It has been postponned so much that I thought that it would take double the time of Doomsday Clock for this book to come out.

Fabok's lines and work is incredible to look at and I have no doubt that he has put his heart and soul into this project. However, at the end we will still get a sloppy story because we all know that Johns can't write Batman for shit.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Oh look, another Joker story. Between this and Joker War and Punchline and Batman Who Laughs I'm just about ready to give up on DC permanently. Now Tynion's teasing something called Clownhunter.

Just give Joker a f*cking ongoing and be done with it already.

I'm also convinced that Alan Moore was right about Johns going through his rubbish sack for his stories. TKJ and DITF were over decades ago, effing move on already.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By entropy_aegis

@vishop_ said:

@entropy_aegis: Johns is not King. King is worse.

King is a shipper, Johns has it out against Batman. It's not about choice really but the real question that arises here is WHY? Why does 3 Jokers exist? the origin of this arc is bizarre. It got started when Batman sat on a magic chair in a dumb summer blockbuster JL arc about 2 cosmic titans throwing down 5 years ago and now it's a deeply personal tale about how Joker affects the Batfamily? WTF? can't fans see the massive imbalance in tone and genre? or the time space? there is no longer any burning curiosity about how there can be so many Jokers anymore. Time has played a role in killing that curiosity but even more so is DC's constant use of the multiverse as a crutch for giving us more versions of the Joker. The Batman Who Laughs is the most obvious manifestation of that. They clearly seem to be shirking away from that "mystery" altogether to give us a story about how Joker impacts Babs and Jason (aka milking TKJ and DITF) wow! how original.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@vishop_ said:

King is a shipper, Johns has it out against Batman. It's not about choice really but the real question that arises here is WHY? Why does 3 Jokers exist? the origin of this arc is bizarre. It got started when Batman sat on a magic chair in a dumb summer blockbuster JL arc about 2 cosmic titans throwing down 5 years ago and now it's a deeply personal tale about how Joker affects the Batfamily? WTF? can't fans see the massive imbalance in tone and genre? or the time space? there is no longer any burning curiosity about how there can be so many Jokers anymore. Time has played a role in killing that curiosity but even more so is DC's constant use of the multiverse as a crutch for giving us more versions of the Joker. The Batman Who Laughs is the most obvious manifestation of that. They clearly seem to be shirking away from that "mystery" altogether to give us a story about how Joker impacts Babs and Jason (aka milking TKJ and DITF) wow! how original.

I feel you brother. The only interest I have in this story is because I really want to see how much more they can fuck up Batman and the Bat-family.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@vishop_ said:

I feel you brother. The only interest I have in this story is because I really want to see how much more they can fuck up Batman and the Bat-family.

No Caption Provided

There is been a oversaturation of Joker-Batman due to TKJ propaganda for like since the start of 21st century. Most of the writers who wrote him are geeks or fans of his lore but then again it never really worked even during Morrison's run. Johns on the other hand is not a fan of Batman therefore I believe it might just be something more grounded for Batman comics where Joker is not like totally invincible and he might add other characters to make a justifiable story and the whole continuity. But honestly I am getting a feeling that it will be another "TKJ"s but right now I am trying to be optimistic

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems interesting, I will buy it.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Johns and Batman don't mix too well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

BATMAN: THREE JOKERS #1

written by GEOFF JOHNS

art by JASON FABOK

cover by JASON FABOK

variant cover by JASON FABOK

1:25 variant cover by TBD

1:50 variant cover by TBD

Thirty years after Batman: The Killing Joke changed comics forever, Three Jokers reexamines the myth of who, or what, The Joker is and what is at the heart of his eternal battle with Batman. New York Times bestselling writer Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok, the writer/artist team that waged the “Darkseid War” in the pages of Justice League, reunite to tell the ultimate story of Batman and The Joker!

After years of anticipation starting in DC Universe: Rebirth #1, the epic miniseries you’ve been waiting for is here: find out why there are three Jokers, and what that means for the Dark Knight and the Clown Prince of Crime. It’s a mystery unlike any Batman has ever faced!

PRESTIGE FORMAT | ON SALE 06.17.20

$6.99 US | 1 OF 3 | 48 PAGES

FC | DC BLACK LABEL

AGES 17+