JL should have used a more familar villian

Blackstar_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I had a bad feeling Steppenwolf would be a forgettable cgi villain and judging by most of the reviews he was the weakest part of the movie. I think they should have used a more familiar villain like Vandal savage or Amazo to name a few. It would have eliminated the similarities of the avengers. Both had an alien force invading earth parademons/chitarui.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I had a bad feeling Steppenwolf would be a forgettable cgi villain and judging by most of the reviews he was the weakest part of the movie. I think they should have used a more familiar villain like Vandal savage or Amazo to name a few. It would have eliminated the similarities of the avengers. Both had an alien force invading earth parademons/chitarui.

it is not copying the avengers in anyway, they're following the New 52 Origin for the Justice League but just reserved Darkseid for later movies.

Blackstar_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstar_95 said:

it is not copying the avengers in anyway, they're following the New 52 Origin for the Justice League but just reserved Darkseid for later movies.

I get what you're saying but I believe they should have went with a earthly villain instead of the cliche villain from another world.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@all-father: Im pretty sure more than the half of the people going to CBMs don't read comics. So OP is kinda right.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a383440098ed
deactivated-5a383440098ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

@all-father: Im pretty sure more than the half of the people going to CBMs don't read comics. So OP is kinda right.

People seem to forget that the general audience outnumber the CB audience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blackstar_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:

So, how are they gonna recognize AMAZO or Vandal Savage? And they liked The Avengers. Doing similar things isn't bad. It's not about who does something first, it's who does it best.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@all-father said:

@blackstar_95: And what earthly villains would you suggest?

Look at the OP.

Amazo and Vandal Savage? Really? How are you going to make a compelling villain out of a Robot who can copy powers?

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

while not ideal, I don't understand why having an Avengers-esque movie to start as ground zero for the future is so bad. Steppenwolf is clearly not the point of the movie. the point of the movie is everyone admitting they should team up and help together

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

amazo and vandal savage isnt familiar either

Blackstar_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blackstar_95

Vandal Savage is more familiar in the comics, both justice league animated shows and young justice. If done right he could have been a very compelling villain instead of bland Steppenwolf

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is that they don't have time to focus on the villain and the introduction of all the heroes so that's why they picked a weak villain.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probabl feels generic for people who are not into comics. However even in comics Steppenwolf is not supposed to be this big bad insane villain. Thats Darkseids job. We didnt need insane villain in this kind of movie to steal the show from the heroes. Im ok with steppenwolf just in this one and let Darkseid show what true villain is. But i swear if they make Darkseid like the generic retard like in that animated movie jl war im riot. They need to make villain like Animated series with Darkseid beeing clever, cocky and manipulating asshole. Loved animated series version :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5a383440098ed
deactivated-5a383440098ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
@theoneaboveyall said:
@eto said:

So, how are they gonna recognize AMAZO or Vandal Savage? And they liked The Avengers. Doing similar things isn't bad. It's not about who does something first, it's who does it best.

They aint gonna recognize any DC Villain except for the Joker and Bane. Im just saying people keep thinking that the general audience dont exist on CV.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ScouterV

@scouterv said:
@theoneaboveyall said:
@eto said:

They aint gonna recognize any DC Villain except for the Joker and Bane. Im just saying people keep thinking that the general audience dont exist on CV.

I don't think that's true. The pandering to the general audience is basically a given at this point. It's not something we need to bring up every time, especially about characters that many people here are passionate about. I mean, yeah, the general audience is important, but aren't on CV.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

White Martians, Starro, Despero would've been better.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I haven’t seen the film, so I can’t personally speak on how Steppenwolf is, I’m a big fan of classic villains/characters..so I totally would’ve cool with STARRO, the first villain I believe they fought if IIRC. ...Vandal Savage or Brainiac could been cool first league forming villains too

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

@blackstar_95: Loved Steppenwolf in the New 52 Earth 2 Comics so i'm hoping he doesn't suck in the film.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once each character gets their solo movie and faces their individual foe, I can see Vandal Savage bringing them together to take on the league, so maybe JL2 or something. Amazo? Eh. I think Steppenwolf was the best pick, since Cyborg is kimd of tied to him in a way.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@all-father: they actually did an amazing job of it in the JLU series. I'm cool with Steppenwolf though

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mrmonster

I think they went with Steppenwolf to set up Darkseid and the New Gods, the same way Loki in The Avengers and Ronan in Guardians of the Galaxy helped set up Thanos and the Black Order.