Jensen Ackles will be Jason Todd/Red Hood!

Voorhees100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Voorhees100

For Halloween! After playing the voice of Jason Todd In the acclaimed film, Batman: Under the Red Hood. Jensen Ackles dawns the mask once more!

No Caption Provided

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SO ???

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If only WB had a gram of brain, they would make this a reality.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rogueshadow  Moderator

He's far too old.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@chimeroid said:

He's far too old.

Seconded. Jenson is 40 years old, Jason is at least early/mid 20's at the worst

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeez that guy looks like Dean from Supernatural

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:
@rogueshadow said:
@chimeroid said:

He's far too old.

Seconded. Jenson is 40 years old, Jason is at least early/mid 20's at the worst

They aged bruce up for the movies, they can age Jason up too. Anyway, do you think anyone would give a heck? I mean, all they have to do is NOT give us the origin story and introduce him as the Red Hood. They can mention he was Bruce's Robin, and that's pretty much all they need to do.

With a bit of hollywood magic, Ackles can easily pass for a 30-year old and Bruce already looks to be nearing his fifties.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vertigo-

@chimeroid:

They aged bruce up for the movies, they can age Jason up too

They didn't really age Batman though. They made him early 40's (given Ben's actual age at the time), and seeing as how they wanted a more veteran, world weary Batman, it makes sense. This is a Bruce who's been Batman for quite a long time, and seen some shit and it affected him

. Anyway, do you think anyone would give a heck? I mean, all they have to do is NOT give us the origin story and introduce him as the Red Hood. They can mention he was Bruce's Robin, and that's pretty much all they need to do.

They can't not give us an origin story. If you mention anything about his past (pre red hood, which you'd have to since it's Jason Todd) then you'd have to explain how he got from Robin to Red Hood. Believe me, there are people who'd care and want to know. I'd be one of them, since the story of Jason going from Robin to red hood is integral to his character history.

With a bit of hollywood magic, Ackles can easily pass for a 30-year old and Bruce already looks to be nearing his fifties.

Ben is mid 40's IRL, so assuming we spitball Bruce around that age, Jason being 30 would only make sense if Jason didn't even hit his teens before Bruce took him in as his ward, and that Bruce started his vigilante career at a super young age (early 20's, as opposed to 26 in the comics), and that he didn't take Dick Grayson in first, which might make some people miffed, since Dick Grayson is the most iconic Robin in the comics.

That's just how I see it.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: Just to check, you do know that they killed Dick Grayson in the DCEU while he was still Robin? So, it would make sense that the second Robin came in much, much earlier than in the comics.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: which would then follow that Bruce took up the mantle of Batman at a much earlier age. And considering that Bruce was 12 when his parents were killed (going off the age of the actor who played him anyway), this would still suggest that Bruce needed to be in his early 20's (and that he took Jason in first, which could be a thing I guess), or that Jason was older (late teens) when he took him in, after Dick's murder.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

@chimeroid: which would then follow that Bruce took up the mantle of Batman at a much earlier age. And considering that Bruce was 12 when his parents were killed (going off the age of the actor who played him anyway), this would still suggest that Bruce needed to be in his early 20's (and that he took Jason in first, which could be a thing I guess), or that Jason was older (late teens) when he took him in, after Dick's murder.

Both of which would be perfectly fine. I don't think they should ever make a pre-teen/early teen Robin in the movies. That would be child endangerment and people would not enjoy it. Instead, having a 15-16 year-old Robin would be the minimum.

If we establish an age difference of 15 years, we can have a 16YO Robin, and a 31 YO Bruce at the beginning of their story. It works.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

Both of which would be perfectly fine. I don't think they should ever make a pre-teen/early teen Robin in the movies. That would be child endangerment and people would not enjoy it. Instead, having a 15-16 year-old Robin would be the minimum.

I can see where you're coming from, but I don't know if people would take that huge an issue with it, seeing as it's integral to their histories in the comics. And you even have Damian Wayne running around as Robin in the comics and he wasn't even 13 when he took up the mantle IIRC). I'm not saying show us them as children fighting, but passive references to them being Robin when they were much younger (pre teen) wouldn't ruffle too many feathers, maybe even have a scene of them in the costume, or in the Batmobile or something.

If we establish an age difference of 15 years, we can have a 16YO Robin, and a 31 YO Bruce at the beginning of their story. It works.

Eh, I think we can agree to disagree on it. I've always seen the Robin role being something that they started off as, but eventually grow out of when they become older. but like I said, agree to disagree.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo-: Well, they would still start off as Robins, I just don't think it's appropriate to show Batman taking prepubescents into the battle.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Then you don't have to show it, you can just passively reference their time as Robins. Some people might be bothered by some on screen references to a prepubescent boy going out to fight crime, some won't.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vertigo- said:

@chimeroid: Then you don't have to show it, you can just passively reference their time as Robins. Some people might be bothered by some on screen references to a prepubescent boy going out to fight crime, some won't.

They probably wouldn't be bothered in a Marvel-like setting. But, DCEU has started off as a very grim vision of the genre. I mean, justi magine the Titans fight scene where Dick jams scissors into the bad guys crotch, or when he goes berserk on those drug dealers, and replace him with a kid doing that. For starters, it would be too unbelievable for anyone's suspension of disbelief, and secondly, it would be highly disturbing and border a parody status.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: which is why I'm in support of lighter references. Like a boy in the costume in the batcave working at the batcomputer with Bruce (or something like that). Not showing full blown combat of a young boy beating the snot out of street thugs

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cool!

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like to say this but he looks a bit old. I thought Jason Todd should be younger than Dick Grayson, who I turn is someone in his late 20s to early 30s

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By solar_nerd

These days, he's more of a Bruce Wayne, LOL.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clickbaited.