#1 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Im committed now, and will be making a few more Resident Evil character Respect Thread. Not for Leon, Claire, Jill, Chris, ect protagonist. They have enough Respect Threads. I am focusing on some of the more of the big villains of the franchise. This time on Jack Krauser. Happy Halloween all.

No Caption Provided

Forewarning, I am using a over all look of the character and their feats from the Franchises games.

Tyrants (Resident Evil)

William Birkin (Resident Evil)

Alexia Ashford (Resident Evil)

Queen Leech (Resident Evil)

Eveline E-001 (Resident Evil)

Lisa Trevor (Resident Evil)

Ustanak (Resident Evil)

Albert Weaker (Resident Evil)

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)

Claire Redfield (Resident Evil)

No Caption Provided

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Krauser

Skill

No Caption Provided

Krauser is stated to possess skill that is considered unparalleled, even within America's Elite Special Forces.

No Caption Provided

Krauser is stated a US Special Operations Command. Stated by Leon of all people as having quite the resume and accomplishments in the field.

No Caption Provided

Since the mission with Leon, Krauser been the study by Umbrella that test his skills on and off the battlefield and concluded he was the best hired gun they could find.

No Caption Provided

Krauser was skilled enough to target, and kidnap the Presidents daughter under the watchful eyes of Secrete Service that follows all presidential children. He kidnaps her and sneaks her into another country successfully.

No Caption Provided

Krauser shows the skill and speed to casually stab the head of a viper in mid strike.

No Caption Provided

Krauser shows a effective combo that backhands the foe, followed by the snap of the neck while the throat is slit at the same time.

No Caption Provided

Krauser tackles a foe to the ground and bashes the skull one handed in a fluid combo.

No Caption Provided

Krauser easily deflects Leon's thrown weapon.

No Caption Provided

Krauser shows the skill and stealth to disappear on Leon in a flash, and sneak attack him that cut Leon.

No Caption Provided

Krauser distracts Leon with surrounding objects and then forces Leon of the platform.

No Caption Provided

Krauser and Leon are nearly blow for blow in a pure knife fight. Deflecting each others blades in high speed fighting. While Leon cut Krauser's chest, Krauser manages to disarm Leon and knock him to the ground. Winning the fight.

Strength

No Caption Provided

Krauser can jump several dozen feet in the air.

No Caption Provided

Krauser smashes through a thick wooden door easy.

No Caption Provided

Krauser is shown able to explode a skull with a kick.

No Caption Provided

Krauser slams his blade arm with enough force to send Leon flying back a few feet. Kicking up debris.

No Caption Provided

Krauser with one hand rips out a steel beam, and hurls it with enough force to shatter concrete where it strikes.

Durability

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Krauser gets stabbed right through the arm with a large bone spike. Not only does he shrug it off and continues fighting, but he pulls it out, wraps it up, and finished the rest of the mission with a crippled arm.

No Caption Provided

Krauser gets his shins slice open and still fights on fine.

No Caption Provided

Krauser has his chest blown out by Leon, and is temporary KOed.

No Caption Provided

Krauser then awakens to hunt down Ada Wong shortly after the Leon fight, and after a intense battle with her in a weaken state, finally dies.

Speed

No Caption Provided

Krauser is stated to be superhuman fast. Covering distances to Leon in a instant, and dodging bullets thanks to his mutated body.

No Caption Provided

Krauser is able to cover a dozen feet in a burst of speed.

No Caption Provided

Krauser moves as a blur to dodge gun fire.

Blade Arm

No Caption Provided

The Control Plaga that Krauser received granted him stated superhuman powers.

No Caption Provided

Krauser's Plaga grants him a degree of strength and durability, but also creates a blade arm.

No Caption Provided

Krauser is stated able to make a shield of his blade arm to block gunfire.

No Caption Provided

Krauser can use his blade arm as a shield against Leon.

Gear

No Caption Provided

Krauser makes use of hand guns and sub machine guns in fights.

No Caption Provided

Krauser is also well known for using a Bow.

No Caption Provided

Krauser makes use of multiple flash bangs for every stage of the boss fight Leon passes. Blinding Leon for advantage.

No Caption Provided

Krauser makes use of multiple flash bangs for every stage of the boss fight Ada passes. Blinding Ada for advantage.

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Oh my god, two in just one day now, you don't quit!

#3 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

I might stop for awhile now. Outside Marcus of RE Zero, I have no real interest in any other characters to do up for Halloween. Im grinding through feats to put up something for Wesker respect thread with my touch. We will see though.

Avatar image for sainguinexshadow
#4 Posted by SainguineXshadow (5251 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

Krauser easily deflects Leon's thrown weapon.

H O L Y S H I T

I always thought Leon hit Krauser's gun to knock it away. I've been using this as a "Leon tags Krauser" feat for years. I never noticed the grapple was actually aimed for Krauser's face, and Krauser deflected it, but I just checked the scene on YouTube at .25 speed and you're right! Good eyes!

Krauser shows the skill and stealth to disappear on Leon in a flash, and sneak attack him that cut Leon.

I think you need to include the fact that Leon just came from that hallway and there was nobody there a moment prior, but Krauser somehow quickly teleported into the room and got behind Leon without making any audible noise.

I also think you should add nearly shooting down that bone projectile to the skill section, considering it didn't appear to be moving much slower than Krauser's bullet in the same shot, it was fired behind Krauser's head when he wasn't looking or prepared, and yet he still sensed it and spun around to fire so accurately that his round literally skimmed the side of the projectile, meaning at that speed he was only off by millimeters.

AND there's also the sections of the boss fight where he sneaks up behind Leon's back and gets him in a lock, nearly slicing his throat before Leon narrowly escapes.

Resident Evil Archives II specifically mentions the quicktime events with Krauser dodging bullets and dashing towards Leon at superspeeds during its summary of RE4.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#6 Posted by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk said:

I might stop for awhile now. Outside Marcus of RE Zero, I have no real interest in any other characters to do up for Halloween. Im grinding through feats to put up something for Wesker respect thread with my touch. We will see though.

What about the greatest, most cunning RE antagonist of all time, the legendary Derek Simmons and the mysterious "Family" that was never mentioned again after everyone hated the game.

#7 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: Meh, all he does is mutate into crazy BS forms and show off raw durability and strength attacks. Nothing really special about him IMO outside a brute of a character part of a game and story line everyone hated. I might do one though on Ustanak as I feel he was the best "Villian" in the whole damn game.

#8 Posted by SainguineXshadow (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: people were salty personally i don't really get the hate for RE6 now Re7 made me salty with nothing to do with the main story and first person i still have it cause i'm waiting for not a Hero.

#9 Posted by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: Meh, all he does is mutate into crazy BS forms and show off raw durability and strength attacks. Nothing really special about him IMO outside a brute of a character part of a game and story line everyone hated. I might do one though on Ustanak as I feel he was the best "Villian" in the whole damn game.

I'm being sarcastic lol

@the_hajduk: people were salty personally i don't really get the hate for RE6 now Re7 made me salty with nothing to do with the main story and first person i still have it cause i'm waiting for not a Hero.

I think RE7 tied in extremely cleverly with the story at large. It's really our first glimpse at the real world so far in this universe, we heard about Bioterror being such a big deal in the world, and now we finally see what it's actually like to be a civilian and have to deal with these monsters. The events come off as bizarre and inexplicable, almost supernatural, but as you conquer events and grow stronger, you learn all about the viral experiments gone wrong and how the creatures are nothing more than weaponized organisms for military use.

#10 Posted by SainguineXshadow (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: that just sounds like a rehash or RE2 from Claire's perspective instead of cop Leon.

#11 Posted by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: that just sounds like a rehash or RE2 from Claire's perspective instead of cop Leon.

The developers stated they were very heavily influenced by the very first game, which I think is good. Called going back to the roots!

#12 Edited by SainguineXshadow (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: thing is no one wants shitty controls just because you are a civilian shouldn't mean you are slow as hell, i could run circles around ethan his feats are shit too he is suppose to be regular yet he is surviving shit regular people can't survive simply because plot demands it his personality is hollow aswell "Welp just killed my wife, ah well better her then me"

#13 Posted by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: thing is no one wants shitty controls just because you are a civilian shouldn't mean you are slow as hell, i could run circles sround ethan his feats are shit too he is suppose to be regular yet he is surviving shit regular people can't survive simply because plot demands it his personality is hollow aswell "Welp just killed my wife, ah well better her then me"

You say his feats are shit, then in the same sentence say he is a regular guy surviving things regular people can't.

The controls aren't bad. The speed that the player character runs has nothing to do with controls, and I think that's a pretty minor complaint anyway.

I actually think Ethan was a fantastic protagonist. He didn't shrug off his wife's death(s), he was in shock. Ethan is an example of what player avatar protagonists are supposed to be like, his development gave a very strong feeling of triumph to the player.

In case you have 50 minutes to spare...

Loading Video...

#14 Edited by SainguineXshadow (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: i have the game i don't need to watch it his reasons for surviving are dumb everything feels like it's specifically plot driven for ethan to survive and no he was not heartbroken he supposedly killed Mia attempted to grab her as she fell and gave up he didn't react like a normal human and fall down on his knees and bawl because he just killed the love of his life he pretty much was like meh, hell people actually say Clancy is a better char.

#15 Edited by a_marques (475 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice! I always wanted to make RT for all those characters but never found time(or motivation, lol).

I just think you should add some more stuff for the skill section.

Krauser is insane skilled. The best of the best.

His skill in battle is stated unparalleled within the US Army, even among the elite members of the US SOCOM;

No Caption Provided

Stated to be particularly known for his outstanding combat and weapons abilities.

No Caption Provided

Fighting is all he knows and is the only thing that gives his life meaning;

No Caption Provided

Krauser also likes to do mercenary work and with his work as a mercenary he caught the eye of the leaders of the giant, global, mysterious organization Ada works for. They extensively studied and researched him and tested his skills to make sure he was the best;

No Caption Provided

Ada even admitted she had to research and study his combat style in case it was necessary to fight him. She still struggled to defeat a weakened Krauser;

No Caption Provided

#16 Posted by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@a_marques: So that's two statements claiming he is literally the best soldier ever, or at least the best within USSOCOM.

Are we being led to believe that Krauser fought under Wesker for years and kidnapped Ashley all with only one arm? Since he didn't get the Plaga until after the Los Illuminados accepted him.

#17 Edited by a_marques (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@the_hajduk said:

@a_marques: So that's two statements claiming he is literally the best soldier ever, or at least the best within USSOCOM.

The best within the US Army and US SOCOM, and the best gun for hire in the business(Ada's words).

Are we being led to believe that Krauser fought under Wesker for years and kidnapped Ashley all with only one arm? Since he didn't get the Plaga until after the Los Illuminados accepted him.

Yep. It's confirmed in the Resident Evil Archives II that his arm was still injured while working for Wesker, but he made up for it with his great strength and skill.

No Caption Provided

He got the plaga from Saddler when he was sent to deal with Leon.

#18 Posted by a_marques (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk: This goes to show Leon's ridiculous skill level. After all, dude got a huge hate boner for Leon just because for the first time in his life he found someone who was better than him, as Leon just kept out doing him throughout the mission. This was confirmed, again, in the RE Archives II.

No Caption Provided

#19 Posted by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@a_marques: Leon just has that thing. That combination of wit and heart and fearlessness that makes him the best around. It makes no sense how a man with all the same training as Leon, probably twice the experience, AND superhuman powers all at the same time gets surpassed, but what can we say? Leon's got it inside him. After all, he survived Raccoon City with no experience at all, a feat that makes him one in a million, but when Krauser encountered BOWs in Africa he crapped himself and started begging God for help.

#20 Posted by a_marques (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@a_marques: Leon just has that thing. That combination of wit and heart and fearlessness that makes him the best around. It makes no sense how a man with all the same training as Leon, probably twice the experience, AND superhuman powers all at the same time gets surpassed, but what can we say? Leon's got it inside him. After all, he survived Raccoon City with no experience at all, a feat that makes him one in a million, but when Krauser encountered BOWs in Africa he crapped himself and started begging God for help.

Actually, he showed no sign of fear when he first encountered BOWs and faced them with amazing calm.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He only got desperate after injuring his arm. He wanted to prove himself to the US Government and he knew he would be discharged from the military because of his wounded arm. Because of all this and the fact that he had to rely on Leon in order to finish his mission, a inferiority complex grew inside of him making him doubt himself for a moment. Then he saw Manuela and Javier's superhuman abilities and desired to acquire super powers through viral augmentation and become the ultimate warrior.

Leon is simply the better and more skilled combatant. I know it makes no sense, but he's THAT good.

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
#21 Posted by MiracleComeBack (2128 posts) - - Show Bio

Long live Resident Evil

#22 Edited by SainguineXshadow (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@a_marques: Leon was Stratcom while Krauser was Socom lol.

#23 Edited by a_marques (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@sainguinexshadow said:

@a_marques: Leon was Stratcom while Krauser was Socom lol.

Yeah, but those two military organizations are operating on the same level as two of the nine US Combatant Commands. So while Leon and Krauser did not receive the same exact training they both received the same level of training.

#24 Posted by SainguineXshadow (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@a_marques: i think Leon had the edge because of Racoon city.

#25 Edited by a_marques (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@sainguinexshadow said:

@a_marques: i think Leon had the edge because of Racoon city.

The experience he gained with Raccoon City sure helped, but I would say the main reason is Leon's natural combat abilities. Dude went from a rookie cop to one of the RE top dogs in just a few years of training. He is easily on par with Chris who has considerably more training and experience.

#26 Posted by SainguineXshadow (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@a_marques: makes you think were Leon and Chris rank with Hunk now, i say damn close.

#27 Edited by a_marques (475 posts) - - Show Bio
@sainguinexshadow said:

@a_marques: makes you think were Leon and Chris rank with Hunk now, i say damn close.

I think they're all around the same level. Hunk is rumored to be the top agent of the new Red Umbrella(the evil umbrella revived by another pharmaceutical company) while Leon is the top agent from DSO and Chris is the former top agent and living legend of the BSAA and now the top agent of Blue Umbrella(the good Umbrella recreated by the government). If the rumors of Hunk being a Red Umbrella agent ends up being true then we're probably going find out soon enough how he does compare to Chris or Leon.

#28 Posted by SainguineXshadow (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@a_marques: well there is also the 2 unknown factors in Resident evil Cypher who broke Alex Weskers Red queen simulation and the Umbrella corp agent they nick named the new Mr death.

But whoever Cypher is they are insane and very likely above Chris and Leon and Jill.

#29 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@a_marques: Where did most of this info come from by chance? I am going to add it in.

#30 Posted by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@a_marques: Yeah I was talking about Krauser's reaction after he damaged his arm. He was all confident when he was winning, but as soon as the going got tough, he showed weakness. Remember, Leon took a bullet in RE2, without ANY experience or training on how to resist pain, and he still kept his cool, climbed to his feet and went to save Ada like a man. I'm not calling Krauser a coward or anything, this just goes to show that Bio Organic Weapons and Bioterror are next level, even the greatest of the military are surpassed, and that's why we need guys like Leon and Chris and new organizations like the DSO and BSAA. Krauser is the very best of the best... as far as standard military goes. And that just isn't enough. You need something deeper, that pure heart and conviction that Leon has, and Krauser doesn't.

#31 Posted by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@a_marques: @sirfizzwhizz: Where are we placing Krauser's skill level? He's obviously far inferior to Leon, and by extension Chris. So how does he relate to Jill, Piers, Claire, Barry?

#32 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@a_marques: @sirfizzwhizz: Where are we placing Krauser's skill level? He's obviously far inferior to Leon, and by extension Chris. So how does he relate to Jill, Piers, Claire, Barry?

How is he far inferior to Leon? He had Leon pretty well in hand in their first knife fight till Ada save him.

#33 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: how about Hunk and Vector?

Who is Vector? Im not sure how many feats Hunk has from a First Person Shooter. Was he in other games?

#34 Posted by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk said:

How is he far inferior to Leon? He had Leon pretty well in hand in their first knife fight till Ada save him.

This is true but Leon won their real battle later on decisively. Krauser got the edge on him only once, and he was aided by superhuman strength and speed, hardly a test of skill. But in their real battle, Krauser had prep time, a sneak attack, a battlefield of his own choosing where he utilized stealth, and boobytraps and puzzles for Leon to complete, being patrolled by turret robots and self destructing robots that can fly, he mutated his arm into the gigantic claw against Leon's pathetic knife, oh, and he set the tower to explode within three minutes, he was set on either killing Leon or they die together, so Leon had to kill him fast and barely escape. Then the very next room contains an armed platoon of Ganado for Leon to fight through.

It's kinda like the Snake vs Cyborg Ninja fight. Leon didn't exactly win easily, but... it wasn't really a momentous task either.

#35 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk:

This is true but Leon won their real battle later on decisively. Krauser got the edge on him only once, and he was aided by superhuman strength and speed, hardly a test of skill. But in their real battle, Krauser had prep time, a sneak attack, a battlefield of his own choosing where he utilized stealth, and boobytraps and puzzles for Leon to complete, being patrolled by turret robots and self destructing robots that can fly, he mutated his arm into the gigantic claw against Leon's pathetic knife, oh, and he set the tower to explode within three minutes, he was set on either killing Leon or they die together, so Leon had to kill him fast and barely escape. Then the very next room contains an armed platoon of Ganado for Leon to fight through.

Very true, in the same token...

Krauser had only two weapons. A Machine Gun, and Bow and Arrow. Leon had tons and tons of gear on him to use and punish Krauser from range. The fact is we have no in game cinematics how the fight happen. Outside Krauser nearly killing Leon twice. Once with the submachine gun, and again by nearly knocking Leon off the Tower. The rest is gameplay mechanics.

No Caption Provided

This here states a very short and relatively even fight.

#36 Edited by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: That description from the Archives sounds about accurate. The fight wasn't easy for Leon but it didn't really take that long either. Krauser got mid-diffed. I'd like to point out that the vast majority of weapons available in RE are not canon, Leon is only ever seen equipped with a pistol and the Special Rocket Launcher in cutscenes, and he literally has no place to hold any other equipment. The Archives description of the fight also doesn't involve any weapons besides the knife and handgun. And besides, Krauser had a submachine gun, a bow with explosive arrows, and flash grenades, what could Leon really use that would give him much of an advantage? Krauser's arsenal was tight but well rounded. And the whole area was booby trapped on top of that anyway.

#37 Posted by SainguineXshadow (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: Vector is Hunk's student from Op raccoon city, honestly the only thing that was good about op Raccoon city.

#38 Edited by a_marques (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@sainguinexshadow said:

@a_marques: well there is also the 2 unknown factors in Resident evil Cypher who broke Alex Weskers Red queen simulation and the Umbrella corp agent they nick named the new Mr death.

But whoever Cypher is they are insane and very likely above Chris and Leon and Jill.

They should be above Jill yes, but I don't see how they're above Chris or Leon. It's too soon to say for sure.

@sirfizzwhizz said:

@a_marques: Where did most of this info come from by chance? I am going to add it in.

The first scan is from The Darkside Chronicles Shattered Memoirs magazine, the second is from RE.NET Recollections Glossary, the gif is from The Darkside Chronicles characters profile, and the last two scans are from Ada's Report 3.

@the_hajduk said:

@a_marques: Yeah I was talking about Krauser's reaction after he damaged his arm. He was all confident when he was winning, but as soon as the going got tough, he showed weakness. Remember, Leon took a bullet in RE2, without ANY experience or training on how to resist pain, and he still kept his cool, climbed to his feet and went to save Ada like a man. I'm not calling Krauser a coward or anything, this just goes to show that Bio Organic Weapons and Bioterror are next level, even the greatest of the military are surpassed, and that's why we need guys like Leon and Chris and new organizations like the DSO and BSAA. Krauser is the very best of the best... as far as standard military goes. And that just isn't enough. You need something deeper, that pure heart and conviction that Leon has, and Krauser doesn't.

Fair enough. I agree anti BOW special forces >>> regular special forces.

@the_hajduk said:

Far above Claire and Barry, a little above or about equal to current Ada, Jill and Piers IMO.

#39 Posted by SainguineXshadow (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@a_marques: i say Cypher is, Alex said her Red queen could create endless scenarios and if her subject died they would be revived to continue the tests.

Subject never died, Alex even is in shock about the progress they make and even questions who they really are until they outright destroy the Red queen something that was thought to be impossible and she herself is so shocked she can't believe it.

#40 Posted by The_Hajduk (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_hajduk said:

Far above Claire and Barry, a little above or about equal to current Ada, Jill and Piers IMO.

As far as CQC skill goes, I agree with you. But I don't think that Krauser is as much of a survivor as any of the protagonists. To be honest, I don't imagine him surviving in Claire's shoes, in Raccoon City, Rockfort Island, and especially not Alex's island. Claire is tough as nails and always coolheaded, survival at any costs. Krauser is emotion driven and when things get bleak, he shows weakness. But Claire has been in some situations that were overwhelmingly hopeless, and she just kept trucking on without batting an eye.

And don't underestimate the Bear, his feats in Rev2 were fantastic lol