#1 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

They're both strong af. Goku has UI and Superman is just Superman. And I always wondered why people struggled to beat them if they can match/rival them in some way. Even though they may be indestructible, or strong and fast as hell, that doesn't stop them from feeling things.

So if someone were to throw dust in their eyes they wouldn't be physically hurt by that but it'd be a setback. What I'm saying is even if someone cant physically match them, if they have abilities that could hinder them(a setback) even if it doesn't hurt them, couldn't they still win? Like Sasuke did to Danzo with that very subtle genjutsu of making think he had an extra eye. People like Sasuke could beat them if he just manages to force them to do something without brute force. Cause that's all they are really. Tanks.

I don't watch db that much or read Superman comics so mb if this is an obvious question to y'all. I'm aware Goku basically benchpressed a black hole and Superman flies at like the speed of whatever's a million times faster than light, but I always thought little subtle tricks would deceive them in a fight and they could be easily beaten that way. Especially since Goku isnt smart so it shouldn't be hard.

#2 Posted by Fabricolage (1964 posts) - - Show Bio

True, and at times they usually struggle against first encounters against other characters before facing them in the future. It also matters on whether they are at the same power and potential level of being a threat as well, however. Either way, it could be like a David vs Goliath scenario or killer poison or animals that can harm or kill a person as a means of gaining an advantage over the enemy. Also strategy and luck might come to play.

#3 Posted by Lan_Fan (14830 posts) - - Show Bio

They're also fast as heck though, but yeah these kind of things have been exploited in the past.

#4 Posted by huthimamwa (2551 posts) - - Show Bio

Laughed at the thought of someone throwing sand in Superman's eyes. 😂

#5 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

@huthimamwa: Or maybe they yank his cape, put'em in an awkward position and beat his ass 😂

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1da3ef735f9
#6 Posted by deactivated-5c1da3ef735f9 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything you said is true, however on the vine, everyone has the mentality of, "if you can't match them physically, you can't beat them" shtick and it's annoying as hell.

#7 Edited by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio

While everything you said is at least half true, none of it would work in an actual battle situation.

#8 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

@chufengyaj: Yeah. I can just imagine Beastboy beating Saitama by turning into a skunk and farting at point blank range.

And people sleep on Naruto's feat where he lets loose a clob of fart in Kiba's face, using the power of Kiba's overly sensitive nose against him 😂

What's funny is if there's a fight where someone hella strong gets beaten by an obvious weakness to exploit, people will still call it PIS regardless if it makes sense. Lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1da3ef735f9
#9 Posted by deactivated-5c1da3ef735f9 (137 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

@valorknight: Sasuke putting Goku in a genjutsu where it looks like he's fighting Bulma wouldn't work and be a huge advantage?

I wonder if Sasuke can use his rinnegan the same way Kaguya used her portals. Would be crazy if Superman flies in to punch Sasuke with some mean shit and Sasuke puts up a portal at the last second, makes the second portal appear behind Superman and make Superman knock himself tf out.

I mean hell, Hashirama used tactics like this to get the upper hand on the third Hokage in hand to hand combat. He kicked water in his face and went on to beat the hell out of him. Naruto used the Sexy Jutsu on Kaguya, a God, then rocked her in her shit.

#11 Posted by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (4212 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

@valorknight: Then I'll take your claims as seriously as Santa Claus' existence.

#15 Edited by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay said:

@valorknight: Then I'll take your claims as seriously as Santa Claus' existence.

How seriously you take my claims has little to no effect on my day.

#16 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

@valorknight: I never intended for it to have any affect on your day. I'm just letting you know where we stand as far as your claims go. 👌

#17 Edited by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay said:

@valorknight: I never intended for it to have any affect on your day. I'm just letting you know where we stand as far as your claims go. 👌

Good for you.

#18 Posted by Fabricolage (1964 posts) - - Show Bio

@valorknight: Sasuke putting Goku in a genjutsu where it looks like he's fighting Bulma wouldn't work and be a huge advantage?

One could argue that Sasuke taking on a potential universe buster is a bit of an NLF due to him never creating a clash that could disrupt the universe against a god of destruction prior to getting amped up episodes later, as well as a couple feats requiring attacks from those lower in power as non-canon like Krillin throwing a rock at a Super Saiyan sleeping Goku or when they are distracted in some way, like Krillin's destructo disk or that one laser of probably unknown origin.

I wonder if Sasuke can use his rinnegan the same way Kaguya used her portals. Would be crazy if Superman flies in to punch Sasuke with some mean shit and Sasuke puts up a portal at the last second, makes the second portal appear behind Superman and make Superman knock himself tf out.

I mean hell, Hashirama used tactics like this to get the upper hand on the third Hokage in hand to hand combat. He kicked water in his face and went on to beat the hell out of him. Naruto used the Sexy Jutsu on Kaguya, a God, then rocked her in her shit.

Superman's been controlled before, I think so there's that unless its sort of pis or something to tell a story.

#19 Posted by God_Spawn (43166 posts) - - Show Bio

I don’t disagree with the notion that a good trick and some guile could win a fight, but it depends on the trick. Throwing some dust in Superman’s eye would be doubtful to work considering he can take a bullet to the eye and be fine. And even if it did, you still have senses that enable him to hear things from outer space to compensate.

And I don’t see Goku and Superman as just tanks either.

#20 Posted by Magian (151751 posts) - - Show Bio

Well during the Resurrection of Frieza arc, Goku was injured by a simple laser, so it is possible that it is easier to beat him in his base form. But Superman? Unlike Goku, his power doesn't fluctuate so it would be more difficult to defeat him using some kind of trickery.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
#21 Edited by deactivated-5c60dc252a2af (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing is, both Superman and Goku kinda just become stronger on the fly if plot demands them to be. Both of them are portrayed to be limitless, not literally mind you. They are not unbeatable but just extremely hard to defeat.

Take Superman for example, he is shown as a character without an Upper case on his power. If he loses, he just becomes stronger unexplanaibly and discovers a new power. Goku on the other hand has an upper limit but can break though it easily if he faces someone stronger than him. Like, he broke through his limits nearly half a dozen time in one arc alone. If he can't win with his current limit, he is gonna smash through it.

They aren't unbeatable but they are just plot driven characters who are just gonna grow stronger because they are written to be figuratively limitless in their respective verses.

#22 Posted by Avatar_of_Gaea (573 posts) - - Show Bio

Current Superman vs Current Goku isn't even a fair fight anymore. The only Superman that can put up a fair fight is SA and SV.

#23 Posted by Saberscar223 (4423 posts) - - Show Bio

@chufengyaj: it is very annoying and what’s rven more annoying is “ your character is Stronger,Smarter, more durable and has more experience than mine but mine is faster so I Speed blitz and win because you can’t hit me”

#24 Posted by PrimelyGreat (619 posts) - - Show Bio

@avatar_of_gaea: Naw, Pre-52 or New 52 Superman still has ridiculous feats that Goku hasn't reached yet.

#25 Posted by jonjizz (1041 posts) - - Show Bio

fyi goku learned how to fight with his eyes closed just by sensing his enemies ages ago, and sure he's dumb in general but extremely smart in combat

#26 Posted by Avatar_of_Gaea (573 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by Gokluma (8785 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku and Superman are not that dumb and has a lot of skills/willpower/powers to fight back.

So you gotta need a lot of good haxes with actual working feats or need some pretty good stats aside from lame NLFS like Sasuke Genjustu aka an ability can be broken by sheer willpower alone.

Tell me when Sasuke is ever on the same level of Brainiac and Martian Manhunter was able to affect entire planet earth yet Supes was one of the heroes able to resist it.

#28 Edited by TheDeathstar (4334 posts) - - Show Bio

New 52 and Pre 52 both are fodder to current Goku.

#29 Edited by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO at throwing dust in Superman’s eyes to blind him. The guy can take bullets to the face and stare at the sun but dust is gonna blind him?