Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) 1 year, 8 months ago

Poll: IT vs Wonder Woman. Which is better? (115 votes)

IT 52%
Wonder Woman 48%
No Caption Provided

Which movie is the better? Which accomplish more?

#201 Posted by agent41 (15707 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

What do you think people do in this forum?. Don't need to act so high and mighty.

You aren't obligated to respond to everybody who doesn't share your narrative. Just an observation.

And it's not a matter of not agreeing. It's a matter of saying things that aren't accuarate. Saying i don't like WW is 1 thing. Saying she is just SM with breasts is just not true. Saying it only did well because of feminists overhype is just not true, and you can see how feminists bash the movie.

Thats your opinion.

I don't respond to everybody. Many who said they like it better i said nothing. Only some that said things that aren't accurate i responded.

Just my opinion?. How can she be sm with breasts when her character has many things that set her apart from him?. You think Superman is the first hero ever?. If we go that way it can easily be used against him too.

#202 Posted by agent41 (15707 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: You and your constant claims that feminist bashing the movie proves anything is hilarious. As I asked before, do you think those three videos are representations of the entirety of feminist views? If you honestly believe that you are seriously too far gone and I'm just going to block you.

Another thing I asked before. Do you think that the alt-right/neo-Nazis represent white people as a whole? If not, how does your minuscule example provided of "feminists" bashing the movie equate to representing feminists as a whole? I'm waiting.

Some people said the feminists were going to protect the film and it did not happen. And this film had no big hype before being released. So that excuse doesn't work.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#203 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

I don't respond to everybody. Many who said they like it better i said nothing. Only some that said things that aren't accurate i responded.

Translation:

I don't respond to people who share my viewpoint. But anybody who doesn't I'm gonna comment on everything they say because I can't handle differing opinions.

First step is admittance, so I'm glad you did.

Just my opinion?. How can she be sm with breasts when her character has many things that set her apart from him?. You think Superman is the first hero ever?. If we go that way it can easily be used against him too.

Still your opinion yes.

#204 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

Pennywise ftw.

No Caption Provided

#205 Posted by agent41 (15707 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

Translation:

I don't respond to people who share my viewpoint. But anybody who doesn't I'm gonna comment on everything they say because I can't handle differing opinions.

First step is admittance, so I'm glad you did.

Still your opinion yes.

I said many people said it was better and i didn't respond to them.

Not my opinion, it's a fact. There is actual evidence. But since you don't know WW character. I guess it's obvious why you say this.

Avatar image for themadtitan0331
#206 Posted by themadtitan0331 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

@themadtitan0331:

Who the fuck are you?

Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist.

I kid, I kid. I'm no billionaire or philanthropist. I'm just a combat-experienced Marine turned student veteran living my life, getting my degree, talking comics/movies and things with fellow lovers of the genres online. Nothing more, nothing less. Thanks for asking. I can delve deeper into who I am if you want to know more. What about you?

#207 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

I'll quote this again.

So yeah.

Not my opinion, it's a fact. There is actual evidence. But since you don't know WW character. I guess it's obvious why you say this.

I've read enough books about WW to surmise my own opinion of her as well as many others. At the end of the day they'll still have it, and nothing you say will change it. You're just gonna have to live with that.

#208 Edited by agent41 (15707 posts) - - Show Bio

@thordinson said:

@agent41:

I'll quote this again.

So yeah.

I've read enough books about WW to surmise my own opinion of her as well as many others. At the end of the day they'll still have it, and nothing you say will change it. You're just gonna have to live with that.

No Caption Provided

I'm sure you know a lot about her character. Because of course that somebody that actually knows her character will say she is just sm with breasts.

And no, i don't respond to everybody that doesn't agree. Which is why i didn't respond to many that said it is better.

#209 Posted by themadtitan0331 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:

@agent41: You and your constant claims that feminist bashing the movie proves anything is hilarious. As I asked before, do you think those three videos are representations of the entirety of feminist views? If you honestly believe that you are seriously too far gone and I'm just going to block you.

Another thing I asked before. Do you think that the alt-right/neo-Nazis represent white people as a whole? If not, how does your minuscule example provided of "feminists" bashing the movie equate to representing feminists as a whole? I'm waiting.

Some people said the feminists were going to protect the film and it did not happen. And this film had no big hype before being released. So that excuse doesn't work.

You have a hard time with reading comprehension, don't you? You still have not answered the questions I asked. Nor have you explained how your small and irrelevant example of feminists (3 videos) bashing wonder woman is a representation of feminists as a whole. Hint: It is not!

I know feminists of all walks of life that enjoy and back Wonder Woman on campus and in my personal life. They dislike when I bash this movie and will defend it to their dying breath. Which, going by your logic, proves your argument wrong! Feminists do love, enjoy, and protect Wonder Woman. There was also tons of hype! Get real man.

#210 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

No Caption Provided

I'm sure you know a lot about her character. Because of course that somebody that actually knows her character will say she is just sm with breasts.

Well yeah its my opinion she is.

And no, i don't respond to everybody that doesn't agree. Which is why i didn't respond to many that said it is better.

Sure you don't.

#211 Edited by agent41 (15707 posts) - - Show Bio

@themadtitan0331 said:
@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:

You have a hard time with reading comprehension, don't you? You still have not answered the questions I asked. Nor have you explained how your small and irrelevant example of feminists (3 videos) bashing wonder woman is a representation of feminists as a whole. Hint: It is not!

I know feminists of all walks of life that enjoy and back Wonder Woman on campus and in my personal life. They dislike when I bash this movie and will defend it to their dying breath. Which, going by your logic, proves your argument wrong! Feminists do love, enjoy, and protect Wonder Woman. There was also tons of hype! Get real man.

Your word in the air is not a better evidence than the links i showed . Feminists also removed WW as a honorary ambassador from the UN.

Using !!!!!! won't make it be true. Before realease, a majority of people said it'd be a disaster and that DCeu was over.

#212 Posted by agent41 (15707 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

No Caption Provided

Well yeah its my opinion she is.

Sure you don't.

An opinion that doesn't sustain itself based on her comic history. So i guess i can name any powerhouse that came after sm a sm copy right. And that would be accurate right?.

#213 Posted by themadtitan0331 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:
@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:

Your word in the air is not a better evidence than the links i showed . Feminists also removed WW as a honorary ambassador from the UN.

Using !!!!!! won't make it be true. Before realease, a majority of people said it'd be a disaster and that DCeu was over.

The links you showed were no better evidence either. That was my whole point. I even posted, "Which, going by your logic, proves your argument wrong!"

Again, if I showed 3 white supremacist/alt-right youtube videos right now, does that represent all white/right wing people? You can't even answer that question. You keep avoiding it.

#214 Edited by agent41 (15707 posts) - - Show Bio

@themadtitan0331 said:
@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:
@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:

The links you showed were no better evidence either. That was my whole point. I even posted, "Which, going by your logic, proves your argument wrong!"

Again, if I showed 3 white supremacist/alt-right youtube videos right now, does that represent all white/right wing people? You can't even answer that question. You keep avoiding it.

I posted since you said i was saying feminits bash WW with no evidence. I don't care what your friends say. I don't know them, i have no way to comfirm it. You sound like one of those that go. "i have never heard this singer, and my friends don't know this singer, so my whole country doesn't know this singer, and the whole world doesn't know this singer".

Nobody is going to make a research about this, asking every feminist on earth. But the fact remains. A lot of feminists have bashed WW.

#215 Posted by Farkam (12045 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: You want a little cheese to go with all that whine?

#216 Posted by themadtitan0331 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:
@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:
@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:

I posted since you said i was saying feminits bash WW with no evidence. I don't care what your friends say. I don't know them, i have no way to comfirm it. You sound like one of those that go. "i have never heard this singer, and my friends don't know this singer, so my whole country doesn't know this singer, and the whole world doesn't know this singer".

Nobody is going to make a research about this, asking every feminist on earth. But the fact remains. A lot of feminists have bashed WW.

You still avoid the fkn question!!! Don't respond with anything else. Just answer this question. if I showed 3 white supremacist/alt-right youtube videos right now, does that represent all white/right wing people?

#217 Posted by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

Certain claims have been made on this thread, like "feminists made the film a success". When that is countered with vids showing many feminists actually were against the film (yet it became a huge success anyway) then the claim is "that's only three". (A) "That's only three" is not quite accurate, as the video features talk about multiple sources of feminists who were against the film and character as a whole, and (B) a quick google search shows that more than "three" examples of feminists bashing the film and the character exists. So demonstrable evidence shows that the claim that fear of feminist backlash being the cause-or even a major factor-in the film being a world wide success is simply not true; in fact, in many places in the world, the film was a success where fear of feminists is definitely not a "thing" whatsoever. The "alt right/all white people thing is a strawman.

And making comments like "Wonder Woman is just Superman with bosoms" or whatever to diminish her...I don't even know what to say. If I were to say "Thor is just Superman with a hammer" or "Hulk is just a green colored Superman who can't fly" or other such things, that would be roundly rejected, and rightly so. It's one thing to note near copies like Hyperion or Gladiator, or even the clearly influenced by Superman Captain Marvel-who, despite the influence, every effort was made to make him as different from Supes as possible (his temperament, his magical origins, etc.). For that matter, it is acknowledged by just about every comic company how Superman influenced all the superheroes that came after him---so there's that.

Ultimately, people are going to have their opinions---but the vitriol that this thread has devolved into-over fictional characters-is most unseemly, and unfortunate.

#218 Posted by agent41 (15707 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:
@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:
@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:

You still avoid the fkn question!!! Don't respond with anything else. Just answer this question. if I showed 3 white supremacist/alt-right youtube videos right now, does that represent all white/right wing people?

So you think feminists are white supremacists?. Just because not all feminists are the same doesn't matter. They have a bad reputation now thanks to a good amount of people giving it a bad name. WW was even bashed in a feminist magazine created in the 70s by a WW fan. Which proves that a good amount of new feminists hate WW.

#219 Edited by agent41 (15707 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@agent41: You want a little cheese to go with all that whine?

It's ok. I don't drink. Whine is a villain.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#220 Posted by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how this is apples to oranges. They're both movies, so which one entertained you more?

For me, it was It by far.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#221 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (4190 posts) - - Show Bio

@greysentinel365 said:

IT any day.

WW never hit for me. Some of the action is quite badly shot IMO and I still can't forgive it for chickening out with its message at the end.

My biggest complaint. Been a near PERFECT movie if there was no ares.

#222 Posted by jphulk26 (2374 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are great but with some minor third act problems. However I think WW is more likely to become a classic. Hard to pick between the two as they are completely different. I expected more from IT and I expected far less from WW. So IT kinda underwhelmed where as WW exceeded by expectations.

#223 Posted by themadtitan0331 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Certain claims have been made on this thread, like "feminists made the film a success". When that is countered with vids showing many feminists actually were against the film (yet it became a huge success anyway) then the claim is "that's only three". (A) "That's only three" is not quite accurate, as the video features talk about multiple sources of feminists who were against the film and character as a whole, and (B) a quick google search shows that more than "three" examples of feminists bashing the film and the character exists. So demonstrable evidence shows that the claim that fear of feminist backlash being the cause-or even a major factor-in the film being a world wide success is simply not true; in fact, in many places in the world, the film was a success where fear of feminists is definitely not a "thing" whatsoever. The "alt right/all white people thing is a strawman.

And making comments like "Wonder Woman is just Superman with bosoms" or whatever to diminish her...I don't even know what to say. If I were to say "Thor is just Superman with a hammer" or "Hulk is just a green colored Superman who can't fly" or other such things, that would be roundly rejected, and rightly so. It's one thing to note near copies like Hyperion or Gladiator, or even the clearly influenced by Superman Captain Marvel-who, despite the influence, every effort was made to make him as different from Supes as possible (his temperament, his magical origins, etc.). For that matter, it is acknowledged by just about every comic company how Superman influenced all the superheroes that came after him---so there's that.

Ultimately, people are going to have their opinions---but the vitriol that this thread has devolved into-over fictional characters-is most unseemly, and unfortunate.

LOL, you all still don't get it. You truly believe that the handful of people shown represent feminist? When in reality there was far more feminist that liked the movie!! I can show you videos from YouTube personalities that are feminists from collider, deepfocus, tinker, and comicbookgirl that support this movie. Which proves your feminist shit wrong. Also, me bringing up the question about the white supremacists is not a strawman. It was brought up to prove credibility. If a handful of white supremacists do not represent all right-wing/white people. How can a handful of youtube "feminists" represent all feminists? It is just stupid to think otherwise. Also, Thor has existed for 1000s of years. Superman has not. Superman did not influence the creation of heroes. If anything the dirty greeks did! That is fact. Hello, Hercules, Perseus, and others!

#224 Posted by BruceRogers (17471 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, where is that salt GIF when you need it..

#225 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Just one gif? Need more than just the one.

#226 Edited by TheOneWhoKnows (4916 posts) - - Show Bio

@themadtitan0331said: Ah, everyone can see that.

Actually, I'm not the one who "don't get it". And sadly, their last post shows they won't ever.

"My feminist *&%^8?"

Good Lord.

Responding with "oranges" replies to "apples" statements, deducing motives for things that only exist in one's mind, devolving what should be a simple discussion about which movie one likes better into---this.

It is clearly not possible to even attempt to have a rational discussion with everyone.

People are certainly free to Believe What You Want To Believe. And I am free to extricate from things---and life will go on.

A win/win scenario for all.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#227 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (4190 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao I would rather watch Wonder Woman again. Holy SHIT that clown was scary.

But It was a better movie.

#228 Posted by BruceRogers (17471 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for staticspeedster
#229 Posted by StaticSpeedster (2368 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised to see Beauty and the Beast still at top 1 with opening weekends... Hmmm.

#230 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprised to see Beauty and the Beast still at top 1 with opening weekends... Hmmm.

Oddest shit ever.

#231 Posted by Ryagan (5193 posts) - - Show Bio

An odd comparison, as others have mentioned, but I do think IT was the better movie. Wonder Woman was definitely a good movie, but I think IT was more solid overall.

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
#232 Posted by TheLastDragonborn (2118 posts) - - Show Bio

it

#233 Posted by Anna_Karenina (4513 posts) - - Show Bio

It is a really good remake with a few things better than the original installment. And that's about it.

Wonder Woman, on the other hand, is not only great, but it's also beautiful and unique. So Wonder Woman for me.

#234 Posted by black_wreath (13557 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd usually support the horror movie but in this case I enjoyed Wonder Woman more.

#235 Posted by LordOfTheLight (2678 posts) - - Show Bio

The love triangle in It was unnecessary. Felt forced, as though it was in the book so it would have to be here( I didn't read the book) also. It had no place in the movie. The tone of the movie should have stayed constant which it didn't, and the jokes should not have had a place in an effing horror movie.

That said, Wonder Woman had its own share of flaws too, which were equally, if not worse than this, so maybe, I'll go with It since it was more entertaining. Wonder Woman is a better made movie, though. But both were good movies in their own right.

#236 Edited by locus610 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

IT ftw

Avatar image for staticspeedster
#237 Posted by StaticSpeedster (2368 posts) - - Show Bio
#238 Posted by Farkam (12045 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers said:

Jeez look what the cancerous WW fanbase did to this thread lmfao. It was fine until agentmoron came here spewing his usual butthurt.

#239 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:
@brucerogers said:

Jeez look what the cancerous WW fanbase did to this thread lmfao. It was fine until agentmoron came here spewing his usual butthurt.

Indeed.

#240 Edited by agent41 (15707 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:
@brucerogers said:

Butthurt?. For what exactly?. I can express myself just like the rest of you. Trollkam.

#241 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Screen Junkies state the movie is fine as a movie, and tears apart all the BS in the film, especially that terrible third act. They touch on every complaint I had really and morde.

Loading Video...

Good for them not being afraid to call the movie out as more another Superhero film and not work of flawless art that fanboys arguing for.

#242 Posted by Aberdeen (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

This is classless behavior at its finest.

#243 Edited by agent41 (15707 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Screen Junkies state the movie is fine as a movie, and tears apart all the BS in the film, especially that terrible third act. They touch on every complaint I had really and morde.

Loading Video...

Good for them not being afraid to call the movie out as more another Superhero film and not work of flawless art that fanboys arguing for.

LOL at you acting like others can't have a different opinion. Who called WW film masterpiece?. Although art is subjective anyway. And nobody is afraid of bashing the movie.

#244 Posted by MonsterStomp (36894 posts) - - Show Bio

Loading Video...

Damn you're childish. Aren't you pushing 40? Damn, dude.

#245 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:

Loading Video...

Damn you're childish. Aren't you pushing 40? Damn, dude.

Just hit 30s.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
#246 Posted by bowlt_swagg_320 (2253 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

#247 Edited by Light1150 (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats tough, really liked both, but it edges out. WW was great, but IT's characters pulled me on a visceral and emotional level.