IT vs Wonder Woman. Which is better?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll IT vs Wonder Woman. Which is better? (127 votes)

IT 50%
Wonder Woman 50%
No Caption Provided

Which movie is the better? Which accomplish more?

• 
Avatar image for themadtitan0331
themadtitan0331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It was luckily not overrated and so much better!

themadtitan0331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By themadtitan0331

(Even though

@agent41 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

@agent41: Your sexist. That simple.

Wonder Woman is badass, independent, brave, without losing her feminity.

So women must be feminine to be progressive and awesome? S E X I S T.

Also your whole argument of WW being the first female to look up to? Wrong. Wonder Woman was base of Superman, only as a chick for female readers. Real progressive. Wonder Woman is not even the first female hero to look up to. We had 8 heroins before her. http://whatculture.com/comics/8-female-superheroes-who-debuted-before-wonder-woman?page=2

So lmao at that defense of yours.

No. But you attacked WW for her looks. So you think women have to be mainly to be awesome. That is what you suggested. There isn't just 1 way to make a strong female.

Superman is not the first hero either. And his character took inspiration from other sources too. Nice try. Saying Wonder Woman is just a female superman is not accurate at all.

Wonder Woman also had more impact than the few female heros before her in the genre. But go ahead and try to discredit her. That's all you do.

No Caption Provided

You can try all you want but they are not alone when they say WW is just a superman with breasts. It is true! They just gave her a Greek skin. IT was a far better movie with a better villain and wasn't overrated like WW was! I will never like her movie and her comic character is mediocre to me and none of your posts will convince me to change my mind. I like characters like Black Canary, Batgirl, Kamala Khan, and so many others I can name from both DC and Marvel.

I'll leave you with this. Just because you are first, does not mean you are the best or deserve my respect. The first American car was the Duryea built in 1893. Do you hear anyone talking about the Duryea or caring about Duryea in this world full of cars when there are so many that are better?

Hell, do you know who John Baxter Taylor Jr.(first black Olympian runner) is? I bet not. But you most likely know who Jesse Owens is! See being championed as the "first" (even though it was proven in this thread that WW is not the first) of something does not make you better. Sorry, dude!

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

70 % of the people that are saying IT is better didn't even watch the movie.

themadtitan0331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monarch2016: LOL where are your sources for those claims? Wait, you have none? O, then your statement is just unsubstantiated mumbo jumbo! Try again.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

(Even though

@agent41 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

@agent41: Your sexist. That simple.

Wonder Woman is badass, independent, brave, without losing her feminity.

So women must be feminine to be progressive and awesome? S E X I S T.

Also your whole argument of WW being the first female to look up to? Wrong. Wonder Woman was base of Superman, only as a chick for female readers. Real progressive. Wonder Woman is not even the first female hero to look up to. We had 8 heroins before her. http://whatculture.com/comics/8-female-superheroes-who-debuted-before-wonder-woman?page=2

So lmao at that defense of yours.

No. But you attacked WW for her looks. So you think women have to be mainly to be awesome. That is what you suggested. There isn't just 1 way to make a strong female.

Superman is not the first hero either. And his character took inspiration from other sources too. Nice try. Saying Wonder Woman is just a female superman is not accurate at all.

Wonder Woman also had more impact than the few female heros before her in the genre. But go ahead and try to discredit her. That's all you do.

No Caption Provided

You can try all you want but they are not alone when they say WW is just a superman with breasts. It is true! They just gave her a Greek skin. IT was a far better movie with a better villain and wasn't overrated like WW was! I will never like her movie and her comic character is mediocre to me and none of your posts will convince me to change my mind. I like characters like Black Canary, Batgirl, Kamala Khan, and so many others I can name from both DC and Marvel.

I'll leave you with this. Just because you are first, does not mean you are the best or deserve my respect. The first American car was the Duryea built in 1893. Do you hear anyone talking about the Duryea or caring about Duryea in this world full of cars when there are so many that are better?

Hell, do you know who John Baxter Taylor Jr.(first black Olympian runner) is? I bet not. But you most likely know who Jesse Owens is! See being championed as the "first" (even though it was proven in this thread that WW is not the first) of something does not make you better. Sorry, dude!

No Caption Provided

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@agent41: Oh dont mind me. I love all the people putting ya in your place. Im good mate.

themadtitan0331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:

@monarch2016: LOL where are your sources for those claims? Wait, you have none? O, then your statement is just unsubstantiated mumbo jumbo! Try again.

Oh really?. So you said all that bullshit withut any evidence. You are the one that should try again.

When did I make a claim like this, "70 % of the people that are saying IT is better didn't even watch the movie."? That is one hell of a statement passed off as fact using percentages. My posts used opinions and the evidence of other posts to prove my facts. If you need sources about the cars and Olympian runners I'll provide those for you. I assumed information like that was common knowledge.

themadtitan0331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

@agent41: Oh dont mind me. I love all the people putting ya in your place. Im good mate.

Nobody is putting me in my place. All of those (all of a sudden came out of nowhere new accounts) are only a bunch of hypocrites acting like their opinion is the ultimate truth.

And you have been going out of your way to bring WW into so many threads. So don't act like you aren't bothered.

Came out of nowhere? Sorry, dudette. But If you check my profile you'll see that I've been here for quite some time. I just post very selectively. Making sure people know that the WW movie was overrated and she is a garbage character is a pretty good selective post I'll take on any day! Like I said, I'll take Black Canary over her ANY DAY!!

themadtitan0331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:
@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:

Oh really?. So you said all that bullshit withut any evidence. You are the one that should try again.

When did I make a claim like this, "70 % of the people that are saying IT is better didn't even watch the movie."? That is one hell of a statement passed off as fact using percentages. My posts used opinions and the evidence of other posts to prove my facts. If you need sources about the cars and Olympian runners I'll provide those for you. I assumed information like that was common knowledge.

Saying WW is just SM with boobs. Saying WW film is overrated. I'm talking about those claims.

WW film IS overrated (Ares casting was godawful!!) and WW is just SM with breasts (you keep saying boobs. How sexist >:D)! These are not claims but opinions. "A "claim" is something you propose to be true based on a line of evidence (Which the previous poster did by including a percentage). An "opinion" is something you just believe innately and is necessarily not open to proof or disproof.

I can keep going if you need more help.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@agent41:

LOL at the attempt to suggest I am any of these other accounts. Go ask any mod to check @stoneyalex:, @themadtitan0331:, or @laxbro60: are me lmao. Now with that desperate attempt to attack me out of the way.

I brought WW into so many threads? Outside the one thread way back of best female hero, what other threads I brought WW into. Go ahead :) I have this huge Anti WW agenda. Me the guy of Battle Forums who rarely ever posts in anything outside Battle Forums. Go ahead troll. Just try.

themadtitan0331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:
@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:
@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:

Saying WW is just SM with boobs. Saying WW film is overrated. I'm talking about those claims.

WW film IS overrated (Ares casting was godawful!!) and WW is just SM with breasts (you keep saying boobs. How sexist >:D)! These are not claims but opinions. "A "claim" is something you propose to be true based on a line of evidence (Which the previous poster did by including a percentage). An "opinion" is something you just believe innately and is necessarily not open to proof or disproof.

WW film is not overrated. There wasn't big hype around it before it was released. And radical feminists hate it. Which puts the feminist excuse to rest as a way to explain why it did so well.

And WW can't be SM with breats. Because their characters haven't too much in common.

Radical feminists hate it? Who are these radical feminists you speak of? See these are the claims I am talking about! What's even better is that you claimed, "radical feminists hate it" which means that normal feminists liked it? LOL, you are digging yourself a hole!

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

@agent41:

LOL at the attempt to suggest I am any of these other accounts. Go ask any mod to check @stoneyalex:, @themadtitan0331:, or @laxbro60: are me lmao. Now with that desperate attempt to attack me out of the way.

I brought WW into so many threads? Outside the one thread way back of best female hero, what other threads I brought WW into. Go ahead :) I have this huge Anti WW agenda. Me the guy of Battle Forums who rarely ever posts in anything outside Battle Forums. Go ahead troll. Just try.

You are the one to start name calling first. So don't act like a saint. You have been going around with this whole WW thing for a while. Now you make this thread. And attack me for nt agreeing with your view that WW was a bad film and that her character is a bad hero.

Name the threads I made against WW. Go ahead. Waiting little buddy. Back your shit talking.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

Well, this thread turned ugly.

themadtitan0331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:
@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:
@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:
@agent41 said:
@themadtitan0331 said:

WW film is not overrated. There wasn't big hype around it before it was released. And radical feminists hate it. Which puts the feminist excuse to rest as a way to explain why it did so well.

And WW can't be SM with breats. Because their characters haven't too much in common.

Radical feminists hate it? Who are these radical feminists you speak of? See these are the claims I am talking about! What's even better is that you claimed, "radical feminists hate it" which means that normal feminists liked it? LOL, you are digging yourself a hole!

If you actually knew about the topic. You would know that WW has been bashed by the feminists more than once. So the theory that only did well because of feminists go out of the window.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

So wait, you think this represents all feminists? Do you believe all nazi, alt-righters represent the entirety of white people? You grasping hardcore right now and failing.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: What thread you made about Buffy and Xena that had nothing to do with WW? Why bring up the Cameron thread when the topic was about Wonder Woman being all hype? Of course I replied to that one. Where are ALL THESE THREADS I made to bash WW. Your grasping shit months apart time frame lmao. Epic fail.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@agent41: This thread is two months ago, and the Cameron thread is like a month ago. Where are all these threads I troll WW in. Waiting.

Oh wait here is where your butthurt started from. https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/is-the-2017-wonder-woman-movie-overrated-1879935/?page=6

I said she was overrated after spending money to see it in theaters. 3 months ago. For a troll I sure like to bash Wonder Woman only once a month lmao. Oh wait....

My gripes. Spoilers

• Uses character arc for the Sniper Charlie. He was interesting, and has mystery to him. The only character whose name I remember outside Diana actually. We never understood what torments him. Why he is unable to make the shot. This is ruin in the end as we never seen him kill anyone on screen, and never a reason to have him there other than be the look out guy. Waste.
  • Slow Motion, like OMG.... the use and abuse of Slow Motion for so many scenes was overdone. I saw more slo mo shots in this film than the whole Matrix Trilogy :/ little annoying.
  • The bullshit exposition that was a lie. Movie spent time telling a flat out lie of a story to set the whole damn movie up from the get go. I, and many other people who pass 6th grade, saw the twist of Diana being said "god weapon" from a mile away. Waste of time and lying on lore to confuse others. Annoying.
  • The villains. Dr Poison could easily been replace by any no name scientist really. She did nothing other than be the face to make the super mustard gas. Same for the general dude who was a useless punching bag. He was not even a threat to Diana :/. Why was he there? For the twist villain? Whatever.
  • The priority of the Mustard Gas over the super human gas. Like What The Freak!? They rather focuses on Mustard Gas when they were making Captain America super soldier gas capsules the whole damn time? That alone would won the war! So damn stupid. You could argue Ares rather have the mustard gas be the focus, if that is the case she should NEVER introduce the super soldier gas hery derp :/
  • This movie was very grounded, but then introduces the Ultron/Doomsday/Zod/Destroyer Armor badguy with over the top destruction and action. That final video game stage boss shit. Her fighting German soldiers while her lover gets on the plane was more than enough and subtle enough. But no... we have to have a insane final fight boss fight where the boss is beaten by no less than the power of love and deus machina powers we never saw pulled on Doomsday in BvS. Shit.
  • My biggest gripe of the whole film was the bullshit moral of the story twist. In this film when WW kills the general guy, thinking he was Ares, that should have been it. The main dude (cant remember his name either lol) told her that maybe the reason Germans are not stopping there bullshit is because men have evil in their hearts. Flaws. The whole premise was Ares was making men do evil things. Humanity had evil because of him. We all know this is like 5 year old logic, but Diana knew know better. This was PERFECT as it was. Diana grows as a character, and makes the choice to help man for hope sake. But what happens? It was Ares all along. Wonder Woman kills him and all the German soldiers hug it out in the end to just to show they are free of Ares bullshit. Wow. What a waste of a good and classic philosophical message and character growth. Instead we get the whole, this man is evil and makes others do evil things angle like a kid Disney flick :/ Bad form, bad form.

Was it a good film? It was enjoyable, I did not hate it. Is it one of the best films ever? Hells to the no. This film is as good as Captain America First Avenger or Ant Man level. X-Men First Class level. Far from Dark Knight, Logan, Deadpool, or Spider Man 2 levels.

I stated the film was enjoyable and do not hate it. I stated as good as Ant Man, X-men First Class, and Captain America first movie. But I am the hater? lol.

GTHO.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: I don't believe in the hype or how overrated she is to filmmaking. Is It more revolutionary? No. But the argument of this thread which do you think is better to you and cinema.

Look at them polls. If so many loved WW as the clear superior film, its not showing. I had no opinion till after this poll was made. I saw IT 3 days ago, and to me it was super good. The only issues to me was some of the effects being a 30 million dollar budget movie. Outside the affects, real faithful to the books on its run time. Really good character development, villain, lore, and balances comedy, suspense, and horror.

So the question remains, out of these top 5 highest domestic grossing movies in one weekend, who wins.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, i am not really fan of horror films, but i finally watched the IT, and it blew all the expectations i had about the film, didn't expect a horror movie especially a remake one to be this good, so my vote goes to IT, though Wonder Woman was not a bad film, but it was not that good compared to other good superhero genre.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

Never watched the original It, watched the new one and hoenstly thought it was boring. I spent a lot of the time fidgeting due to boredom. Personally I thought Wonder Woman was a pretty good film with a poor portrayal of Ares.

Kingyang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: You are arguing with yourself. I said none of those things, I said all those things you said wasnt heroic and it isnt. If WW aint a hero neither is any member of Avengers or Justice League. Being weak and damaged is not required to being heroic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

I feel like maybe Pennywise plays a role into this, but then again the other guy, Patrick was also a psycho path, and IT ate his ass like any other. That kid been a great pawn for IT, should been consider his pawn. Then again, it was clear the adults were affected by Pennywise to ignore shit too or have bad intentions as the kids state this themselves.

So either IT does not give a shit who he attacks and eats, or there is no mental influence by IT on people. Though again we see IT push Henry to kill his dad directly. So maybe there is some major influence there. Its very confusing.

I think its a mixture of both factors. Derry is a really desolate, very miserable place and Pennywise feeds off the despair or general fear of everyone there.

themadtitan0331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

I feel like maybe Pennywise plays a role into this, but then again the other guy, Patrick was also a psycho path, and IT ate his ass like any other. That kid been a great pawn for IT, should been consider his pawn. Then again, it was clear the adults were affected by Pennywise to ignore shit too or have bad intentions as the kids state this themselves.

So either IT does not give a shit who he attacks and eats, or there is no mental influence by IT on people. Though again we see IT push Henry to kill his dad directly. So maybe there is some major influence there. Its very confusing.

I think its a mixture of both factors. Derry is a really desolate, very miserable place and Pennywise feeds off the despair or general fear of everyone there.

I was under the impression that Derry is the way it is because of ITs presence. He controls/influences everyone to some degree. Did you notice that the kid's show was on every TV with messages from Pennywise? I made sure to keep an ear/eye for that on my 2nd and 3rd viewings. It was pretty cool!

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder woman by a landslide imo. There were several I times when I bust out laughing at pennywise when everyone else was jumping. The parts of IT where pennywise wasn't having seizure spasms were pretty good though.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I have no interest in watching IT. I saw the first movie and thought it pretty much covered the story enough that this new one is just another take on something that wasn't really interesting.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingyang said:

@sirfizzwhizz: You are arguing with yourself. I said none of those things, I said all those things you said wasnt heroic and it isnt. If WW aint a hero neither is any member of Avengers or Justice League. Being weak and damaged is not required to being heroic.

I never said she was no hero. I said Bev is more heroic.

@sirfizzwhizz: i just blocked him lmao got bored

Good idea.

@thordinson said:

@sirfizzwhizz:

I was under the impression that Derry is the way it is because of ITs presence. He controls/influences everyone to some degree. Did you notice that the kid's show was on every TV with messages from Pennywise? I made sure to keep an ear/eye for that on my 2nd and 3rd viewings. It was pretty cool!

Same here. the 90s miniseries and novel touch on this.

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themadtitan0331:

No Caption Provided

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41:

Saying WW is just sm with breasts is not knowing her character. But of course. That should be a well known fact comming from some of you. That only have bad tihings to say about her. It's very easy to bad mouth anything or anybody.

Tone the insecurity down. Your need to respond to all the people who disagree with you, childish I might add doesn't help you out here. Drink some milk and take a break.

monarch2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haters and trolls trying to pit them against each other. Lol.

Their both Warner Bros products. So, no it doesn't work like that. LOL

MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41:

What do you think people do in this forum?. Don't need to act so high and mighty.

You aren't obligated to respond to everybody who doesn't share your narrative. Just an observation.

And it's not a matter of not agreeing. It's a matter of saying things that aren't accuarate. Saying i don't like WW is 1 thing. Saying she is just SM with breasts is just not true. Saying it only did well because of feminists overhype is just not true, and you can see how feminists bash the movie.

Thats your opinion.

themadtitan0331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By themadtitan0331

@agent41: You and your constant claims that feminist bashing the movie proves anything is hilarious. As I asked before, do you think those three videos are representations of the entirety of feminist views? If you honestly believe that you are seriously too far gone and I'm just going to block you.

Another thing I asked before. Do you think that the alt-right/neo-Nazis represent white people as a whole? If not, how does your minuscule example provided of "feminists" bashing the movie equate to representing feminists as a whole? I'm waiting.