Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) 1 year, 8 months ago

Poll: IT vs Wonder Woman. Which is better? (115 votes)

IT 52%
Wonder Woman 48%
No Caption Provided

Which movie is the better? Which accomplish more?

#51 Edited by Tedirey (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

No doubt the Wonder Woman movie is a milestone in the history of cinema but the only reason I voted IT is because I enjoyed it more since I'm a horror movie fanatic. And since I thought this is about which movie I ENJOYED MORE.

But Wonder Woman is indeed the better film. After rereading the OP, I should have voted WW and since it accomplished a lot more.

#52 Posted by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@tedirey said:

@agent41:

No doubt the Wonder Woman movie is a milestone in the history of cinema but the only reason I voted IT is because I enjoyed it more since I'm a horror movie fanatic. And since I thought this is about which movie I ENJOYED MORE.

But Wonder Woman is indeed the better film. After rereading the OP, I should have voted WW and since it accomplished a lot more.

It's not about the film now. The other user is basically trashing the Wonder Woman character as a whole. If you see his posts you will notice that.

#53 Posted by Tedirey (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

Oh yes. I noticed. Even the minority needs to be heard to show what a pest they are. Haters gotta hate. Stay happy. It's nothing worth wasting time about.

#54 Edited by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@tedirey said:

@agent41:

Oh yes. I noticed. Even the minority needs to be heard to show what a pest they are. Haters gotta hate. Stay happy. It's nothing worth wasting time about.

I know everybody has their own opinion. But he called me sexist for 1 of my comments. When i was just using a logic similar to his against him. Since he attacked WW for her looks. Like is that makes her less as a hero.

#55 Edited by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman accomplished more since IT is just a remake.

Not planning on seeing IT, but from what I hear, it's entertaining but not really a great movie. Wonder Woman I have seen and while I think it's rather simple I'd say it was good.

Not quite sure why they get matched for this? Surprise they have as big an opening weekend BO compared to the others? Anyways if it's about the money we will have to wait and see how long the hype can sustain IT, Wonder Woman after all had great legs and thats the reason it's come so far in terms of intake.

#56 Posted by Tedirey (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41:

Some people are just insecure. No confidence in themselves like persons who attack and hate actors and actresses because of their good looks like the Twilight cast or Wonder Woman.

#57 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: @tedirey: actually your the shit talker here. Starting this whole thing by quoting my post and changing what I said to Wonder Woman like a five year old. Don't try to take the high ground now troll.

Hi don't like Wonder Woman. The third act ducked. I can have that opinion. Your the five year old who is attacking others and changing there posts in quotes saying "fix". Grow up fanboy.

#58 Posted by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: @tedirey: actually your the shit talker here. Starting this whole thing by quoting my post and changing what I said to Wonder Woman like a five year old. Don't try to take the high ground now troll.

Hi don't like Wonder Woman. The third act ducked. I can have that opinion. Your the five year old who is attacking others and changing there posts in quotes saying "fix". Grow up fanboy.

This is no longer about the film. You started bashing the character since her debut. And attacking her for her looks. Like if that makes her less as a hero. And you started the name calling first. So don't act like naive.

And that other person used the "fixed" comment with an user that said WW film was better. So when it's in favor of your own opinion is right, but if it's not in favor of your own opinion is wrong. You need to grow up.

#59 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn. IT was literally stomping in the polls last time I visited this thread. Lol

#60 Edited by BruceRogers (17450 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this thread.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#61 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Horror movies are dumb... well, all movies are really dumb, but I felt like Wonder Woman had a real purpose to it and more use, so I'll go with that

#62 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

This is no longer about the film. You started bashing the character since her debut. And attacking her for her looks. Like if that makes her less as a hero. And you started the name calling first. So don't act like naive.

And that other person used the "fixed" comment with an user that said WW film was better. So when it's in favor of your own opinion is right, but if it's not in favor of your own opinion is wrong. You need to grow up.

I think she is scandalous clad eye candy. that is why they used a model. My opinion. I have no opinion on the comic character really as I dont give a shit about her low selling comics unlike Batman or Spider Man :/

Again, you started this nonsense.

#63 Edited by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:
@agent41 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

I think she is scandalous clad eye candy. that is why they used a model. My opinion. I have no opinion on the comic character really as I dont give a shit about her low selling comics unlike Batman or Spider Man :/

Again, you started this nonsense.

Why?. Because she is sexy?. And you call me sexist when i was just using your logic against you. And Gal had military training before becoming an actress you know. What training did linda hamilton have before acting?. And don't fool yourself into thinking that the actress was not seen as sexy. Because she was also seen as a sex symbol in the 80s and 90s.

Obviously you care about her comic. So you tried to drag it but failed. You started it everytime. And Wonder Woman is more than just a comic book. She is an icon that has had a strong presence on pop culture for almost 80 years. As a strong woman. You act as if your idea of a strong woman is the only way, but it is not.

#64 Posted by Pipxeroth (9296 posts) - - Show Bio

IT was way better and I don't even like horror films

#65 Posted by Laxbro60 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

I still dont understand the hype around WW... MoS was clearly a better film. I guess WW got the Ghostbusters treatment or something.

anyways my girlfriend dragged me along to see IT (despite my protests and great fear of clowns) and it was good. I still hate clowns and that shit is gonna scar me but from a quality standpoint the movie was very good.

#66 Edited by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@laxbro60 said:

I still dont understand the hype around WW... MoS was clearly a better film. I guess WW got the Ghostbusters treatment or something.

anyways my girlfriend dragged me along to see IT (despite my protests and great fear of clowns) and it was good. I still hate clowns and that shit is gonna scar me but from a quality standpoint the movie was very good.

Don't you have a better excuse?. " And "i don't understand the hype around" can be said about any blockbuster.

If having a female lead is enough for good scores. Why resident evil, lucy, ghost in the shield, underworld, etc weren't well received?.

#67 Edited by Laxbro60 (97 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@laxbro60 said:

Don't you have a better excuse?. " And "i don't understand the hype around" can be said about any blockbuster.

If having a female lead is enough for good scores. Why resident evil, lucy, ghost in the shield, underworld, etc weren't well received?.

lol i can't believe im going to argue with the Wonder Woman fanboy who's been antagonizing everyone on this thread and does so in just about every Wonder Woman thread but here i go.

1. Resident Evil, Lucy, Ghost in a Shell* and Underworld werent released during a time where Feminism was at an all time high. they also didn't receive nearly as much publicity as Wonder Woman or the DCEU for that matter. they also didnt have a Female director (which did have an impact)

2. It doesnt take a genius to realize that the Superhero Genre is the most popular genre worldwide at the moment. If the First "Big" Female led Superhero Movie directed by a Female Director was panned (and it has its many many flaws) the critics would have been called Misogynists, Sexist, [inset other buzzword insults] that have nothing to do with how subpar the movie actually was.

also Ghost in a Shell was panned for its supposed "white washing" and its inability to stick to source material. I havent even heard of or bothered with finding out what the other movies are and many other people dont care either, which is why the critics were able to give honest opinions about those movies without fear of Backlash

#68 Posted by Sawed_Off_It (13365 posts) - - Show Bio
#69 Edited by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@laxbro60 said:
@agent41 said:
@laxbro60 said:

lol i can't believe im going to argue with the Wonder Woman fanboy who's been antagonizing everyone on this thread and does so in just about every Wonder Woman thread but here i go.

1. Resident Evil, Lucy, Ghost in a Shell* and Underworld werent released during a time where Feminism was at an all time high. they also didn't receive nearly as much publicity as Wonder Woman or the DCEU for that matter. they also didnt have a Female director (which did have an impact)

2. It doesnt take a genius to realize that the Superhero Genre is the most popular genre worldwide at the moment. If the First "Big" Female led Superhero Movie directed by a Female Director was panned (and it has its many many flaws) the critics would have been called Misogynists, Sexist, [inset other buzzword insults] that have nothing to do with how subpar the movie actually was.

also Ghost in a Shell was panned for its supposed "white washing" and its inability to stick to source material. I havent even heard of or bothered with finding out what the other movies are and many other people dont care either, which is why the critics were able to give honest opinions about those movies without fear of Backlash

Resident evil and underworld are fanchises that had their most recent releases in the era of the new wave feminists. Same with lucy, and ghost in the shield(which was released this year). So you tried it.

And WW is not the first big female super hero film.

man of steel has many,many flaws too. Your point?. man of steel was subpar.

And funny thing is, that your radical femnists excuse doesn't work because they were the first to bash the movie.

Calling me a fanboy is that your best answer?. And i have not been antagonizing everybody on this thread. 1 person is not everybody. Nice try.

#70 Posted by Infinitias (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman by far. How can a horror movie even compare to this amazing beauty

#71 Edited by WollfMyth209 (16800 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I enjoyed Wonder Woman more.

The way I see it, there's only one way to compare these two films: which fulfilled it's purpose better. IT, as a horror movie, was suppose to have extremely clever pacing, good scares and keep you on the edge of your seats. I just saw the same clown Curry was, just less enjoyable and more rough around the edges(and with better effects, of course). Other than that, the movie is good but it fails as a horror movie since it didn't keep me scared.

Wonder Woman, however, kept me on my toes throughout the entire film. It had some awkward scenes, sure, but it also had some incredible scenes, an awesome soundtrack, good pacing, timeless characters, etc. It just satisfied my criteria for it a lot more.

On an objective scale, I suppose you can argue pacing and characters and effects and stuff but to do that you'd need to understand what is needed in each of the categories for both films. IT needs believable, down to Earth, everymen who can be scared as much as we are or more. Wonder Woman needs something farcry from the common man that tries to be a common man, tries to blend into humanity and tries to protect it. The pacing for IT needs to be slow, but not boringly drawn out and creepy, the pacing for Wonder Woman needs to be fast and action-packed.

The stories are pretty basic either way you spin it, but both were done extremely well. It's just that Wonder Woman did a better job of entertaining me and filling it the expectations I had for it than IT did.

#72 Posted by Havenless (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: give it a rest, IT is winning because more people liked it than Wonder Woman. Period.

You're not going to convince that user otherwise.

#73 Edited by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless said:

@agent41: give it a rest, IT is winning because more people liked it than Wonder Woman. Period.

You're not going to convince that user otherwise.

excuse me?. I'm not the one making threads to bash a movie i don't like all the time. And the argument that WW only had good scores because of a feminist agenda is nothing but a bad excuse. And so far the poll is pretty much 50-50.

#74 Posted by Havenless (3106 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: it's close to 50-50, but IT is winning because it is the preferred film.

#75 Edited by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless said:

@agent41: it's close to 50-50, but IT is winning because it is the preferred film.

WW was winning not long ago. And this has nothing to do with what i said.

#76 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

In my opinion, WW is better, but I can see how people could say IT is better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
#77 Posted by deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

what about critics and audience loving it more? hmm? ohh shit i didnt even notice you had a wonder woman profile picture makes sense fanboy grow up already you look like a kid whos mad because his mom took his phone away lol

#78 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@morleericks: Curry was the better clown in terms of I can't wait to see him fudge with the kids again. Bill is just way more creepy and threatening. Apples and oranges.

#79 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
#80 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (3818 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@laxbro60 said:

Funny thing, is up until right before it's release, WW, had very low-key hype. How low-key? Where's the WW marketing? Most of it's hype came after the movie was released. While Homecoming was spending huge $ (ads during the NBA finals) on marketing and had a more popular character top begin with, it's basically neck and neck with WW at the box-office. (If you're splitting hairs, yeah Homecoming made a few more dollars.) I bring up Homecoming because that was the films box office WW was always going to be compared to. I think it's obvious some folks dearly wanted WW to fail and are upset it didn't. I know, a pathetic thing to be upset about, but c'est la vie. Granted, not everyone liked it, but not everyone's going to like any film. Hey, I hated The Lord of the Rings Films, but I'm not upset they did well.

FWIW: Keep fighting the good fight. :)

Oh..as for IT vs WW. Haven't seen "IT" and probably won't, so no comment. :)

#81 Edited by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

what about critics and audience loving it more? hmm? ohh shit i didnt even notice you had a wonder woman profile picture makes sense fanboy grow up already you look like a kid whos mad because his mom took his phone away lol

Where?. WW has better scores.

And look who is talking. The same 1 that modified another user comment saying "fixed" because that user said WW was better. Who is the kid now?.

#82 Posted by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio
#83 Posted by deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

And look who is talking. The same 1 that modified another user comment saying "fixed" because that user said WW was better. Who is the kid now?.

enh your late dont feel like arguing with a fanboy right now maybe later

BTW check Imdb

#84 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

BTW check Imdb

Nice.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Score will change over time. See where it stands at the end.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
#85 Posted by MasterSkywalker (3609 posts) - - Show Bio

Still this guy.

No Caption Provided

#86 Edited by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@manwhohaseverything: Very well said. Don't forget all the people saying WW would be lucky to make 300M. Now look how much more it made. Now they used the excuse "radical fminists" to explain why it did so well. But funny thing, radical feminists don't like WW. LOL.

#87 Edited by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

BTW check Imdb

Ditto @sirfizzwhizz

On Rotten Tomatoes, the WW film holds an approval rating of 92% and an audience score of 90. With an average rating of 7.6/10. On Metacritic, the film has a score of 76.

#88 Edited by deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

BTW check Imdb

Ditto @sirfizzwhizz

On Rotten Tomatoes, the WW film holds an approval rating of 92% and an audience score of 90. With an average rating of 7.6/10. On Metacritic, the film has a score of 76.

but look how many people rated the movie

Imdb has the most votes of metacritic and RT

(their votes come from critics too)

#89 Posted by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

BTW check Imdb

Ditto @sirfizzwhizz

Doesn't have a better score. That was what you tried to say.

#90 Posted by deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

BTW check Imdb

Ditto @sirfizzwhizz

imdb does have a better score wtf its 81 to 77

#91 Posted by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

BTW check Imdb

Ditto @sirfizzwhizz

On RT and M. WW>it.

#92 Posted by deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

BTW check Imdb

Ditto @sirfizzwhizz

On RT and M. WW>it.

People from RT and M voted on imdb their votes are over casted there too

#93 Edited by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

BTW check Imdb

Ditto @sirfizzwhizz

On RT and M. WW>it.

WW still has the better score in RT and M. And we will see when everything is said and done, what it score will be.

#94 Posted by ODIN619360 (2612 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to say wonder woman.

I enjoyed it, but to be honest I prefer the original. overall for me, I found myself for focussed when watching wonder woman. probably because I have been watching and reading quite a bit of Marvel and DC. I am not so interested in horrors right at this moment.

#95 Posted by deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

BTW check Imdb

Ditto @sirfizzwhizz

On RT and M. WW>it.

Well, WW still has the better score. And we will see when everything is said and done, what it score will be.

your missing my point M+RT= IMDB , RT AND M only have what ? 300 votes? compare that to imdb of 60,000

#96 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41: Im still curious why RT is considered valid when they score things base on Identity Politics.

Like Ghostbusters. A gender swap role of heroes directed by a gay man.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

RT rated super high what meta and IMDB rated as barely above Meh.

So.....

#97 Posted by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

BTW check Imdb

Ditto @sirfizzwhizz

On RT and M. WW>it.

Well, WW still has the better score. And we will see when everything is said and done, what it score will be.

your missing my point M+RT= IMDB , RT AND M only have what ? 300 votes? compare that to imdb of 60,000

RT and M is what people always go for when talking about scores. WW has had good scores in both, better than it. You saying M+RT=IMDB won't change that.

#98 Posted by deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

BTW check Imdb

Ditto @sirfizzwhizz

On RT and M. WW>it.

RT and M is what people always go for when talking about scores. WW has had good scores in both, better than it. You saying M+RT=IMDB won't change that.

jesus christ its liking talking to a brick wall

let me know when you realized what i said instead of you saying im right your wrong

#99 Posted by ODIN619360 (2612 posts) - - Show Bio

@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

BTW check Imdb

Ditto @sirfizzwhizz

On RT and M. WW>it.

Come on, just admit your a wonder Woman fan boy and move on. Just like I am an Odin fanboy. Agent41

#100 Posted by agent41 (15704 posts) - - Show Bio

@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@stoneyalex said:
@agent41 said:
@havenless said:

BTW check Imdb

Ditto @sirfizzwhizz

On RT and M. WW>it.

Come on, just admit your a wonder Woman fan boy and move on. Just like I am an Odin fanboy. Agent41

Another one with a bad excuse. I see you have nothing to say about their bullshit.