Is Winter Soldier stronger than Captain America?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nfactor1995

After seeing the Winter Soldier film, I was wondering if Bucky was able to compete with Cap simply because of his metal arm or if he was enhanced somehow. Without his arm, how would he relate to Cap in strength?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys? No responses at all??

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It would not have been a movie if bucky was a push over.

Dont fret one of the other nerds will show up and hammer out a reply ;)

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky is enhanced as well, and the only reason he lost to Steve was because Cap is a better hand to hand combatant (although not by a huge margin, considering Bucky was able to hang with him). Without his metal arm, Bucky would be at more or less the same strength.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I'd say from the highway fight that they were pretty evenly matched in terms of strength. I've mentioned it before in other threads, but I truly believe that fight between Bucky and Steve could have ended either way. It wasn't until Cap managed to get his shield that he was able to get the upper-hand, but up until that point they were pretty evenly match.

As for strength alone, while it did appear that Bucky was enhanced to some degree, it's hard to say how enhanced he was as he did rely heavily on his bionic arm during the fight. During the fight Bucky took some pretty hard direct hits, the hardest one possibly being when Cap kneed Bucky into a car. They both matched each others blow-for-blow and it was hard to say who was stronger.

Personally I'd say Cap most likely is stronger, but again it's hard to be 100% sure as we don't know exactly how enhanced Bucky is.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

See OP, lol dont fret some one will always get to your post.

Madden36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to MCU official ratings Bucky is stronger and has an edge in fighting skills since he has the same training as Captain America and also trained by Hydra. But Captain America is quicker is quicker and faster which makes a difference in fights.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Bucky is stronger than Cap. He is also enhanced, but doesn't do strength training like Cap, so he is not as strong as him, but the metal arm makes an incredible difference, making bucky stronger than cap.

i.e. Bucky w/ metal arm > Cap > Bucky w/o metal arm >>> Humans

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure. Cap always beats him though held his arm down with his leg. Which brings me to my query, is Bucky's metal arm stronger than Ironman's armor or was that just Russo force?