Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mo_Ali

Wally (redhead) is one of my favourite characters in the world

but I came across articles saying Barry was the nice one while Wally was the jerk

and that Wally was a mean gruff and was quite cocky

do guys have any thoughts proving or disproving this statement.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Cocky? I mean, sure he had his moments, especially in his Kid Flash days in "New Teen Titans". Moody guy and also the earlier parts of his tenure as Flash.

The guy matured past that stage in the majority of Waid and Johns' runs. Heck, he's been neurotic ever since he was a kid in "Born To Run". He just moves fast enough not to show it and was his character arc until he finally overcame his own anxiety and self doubts in "The Return Of Barry Allen" .

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. There was a period when he was a jerk playboy, but he matured when he got older.

In Geoff Johns' Flash run, Wally was written as one of the most down to earth superheroes I've ever read.

What did you think about when you read his stories? Did you think he was a jerk?

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's a bit of an asshole.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e626546c2fdb
deactivated-5e626546c2fdb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah he’s an actual scumbag.

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128: ive only rec started reading comics

‘only read rebirth but from what I’ve seen he seems like one of the most caring human being but I figured this was because of the loss of his children and Linda.

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mo_ali: Characters will be written differently depending on the writer. The choices the writer make with the character might not be consistent with previous characterizations.

Amazon Kindle Unlimited has some of the Geoff Johns Flash Wally West Flash run if you're interested in checking out his take on Wally. The beginning is slow but it gets good later on.

I think all the Geoff Johns' Flash omnibus might be re-releasing so you might be interested in them. There's also the individual trades.

This website has the first omnibus for a decent price:

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/FLASH-OMNIBUS-BY-GEOFF-JOHNS-HC-VOL-01-NEW-EDITION/AUG198545

Here's the link for the trades:

https://www.instocktrades.com/search/powersearch?title=flash&writer=geoff%20johns

Johns helped make him one of the greatest superheroes. His characterization is of a person that I'd want to hang out with.

The Flash is my favorite DC hero besides Batman and Nightwing (I like both Barry and Wally).

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#10  Edited By stormshadow_x

No. He can be a it of a jerk sometimes and is no where near as easy going as people believe but he's a good person with a few issues.

One if the more consistsnt times of him being a jerk is how he treated Roy when they were kids going through his drug abuse but you can blame that mostly one one writer though I personally like it or his initial treatment of Bart which to be fair was not unwarranted

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m glad someone brought this up. Ppl always say Wally is the joking fun one but I’ve read a lot of comics with him and that’s not the case. If anything that’s Bart Allen. In his early days he was a womanizer and pretty cold and aloof to others. He ALWAYS had a pessimistic victimized personality where he had to try hard to look on the bright side of things. Current DC all he does is brood and complain. I think the JL cartoon is what brought up the misconception about his personality

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers