Is VS Battles Wiki reliable?

#101 Posted by jay_z94 (8453 posts) - - Show Bio

Vs Battles Wiki and YouTube comments are both just the worst. I lose brain cells reading that sh*t.

#102 Posted by Beyonder97 (1043 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94: Instagram comment section is even worse man!

#103 Posted by Revan- (7959 posts) - - Show Bio

@jay_z94 said:

Vs Battles Wiki and YouTube comments are both just the worst. I lose brain cells reading that sh*t.

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
#104 Edited by war of light_2814 (2917 posts) - - Show Bio

I was one of the first guys who visit that site, create a few pages there as well but no, it's dumb. Calc are done by people who both lack common sense and atleast decent comprehension of basic physics, lot and lots of bullshit powerscaling, contexts of feat are ignored, etc

#105 Posted by TheWatcherKing (18964 posts) - - Show Bio
#106 Posted by Marishtar (2261 posts) - - Show Bio

No but I like their set up with all the stats, Comicvine should have something like that.

Indeed.

#107 Posted by jashugan (6652 posts) - - Show Bio

They will ban you because you for "downplaying"

#108 Posted by Heatforce (6882 posts) - - Show Bio

I consider vsbattle wiki to be reliable because they have set rules and standards. That doesn't mean they are gospel or that I agree with everything but I consider it a great resource.

#109 Posted by camilopezo (2194 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem is that they apply Tiers to sharp objects.

Just because a sword can cut to a City Buster, does not mean that the sword has a city-level attack power.

#110 Edited by ashar810 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@solid_snake97: Yes it did. They basically argue that, since WW and Superman are from the same verse they scale to each other in DCEU simpy because they have closer power lvls in comics.

#111 Posted by Green_Tea (10717 posts) - - Show Bio
#112 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

No, but it is a good read sometimes.

#113 Posted by Wut (7570 posts) - - Show Bio

Never looked at it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
#114 Posted by deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57 (4213 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha.... no.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#115 Edited by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4207 posts) - - Show Bio

...They have DCEU Superman at multi continent level now and sub relativistic speeds... Before JL they already had him at country level smh.

#116 Posted by camilopezo (2194 posts) - - Show Bio

For a strange reason the characters of "Star vs. the forces of evil" are multiversal busters

#117 Edited by LDM (5362 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey is a million tonner, Cap can destroy multiple-city block with a shield bash, Thor is solar system level cause he busts some planets with shockwaves, Supes can lift a star, Hawkeye is a 5 tonners, Batman is small building level punching power, DCEU Supes is multi-continent level lifting and striking power plus sub-relativistic speed, Daredevil is Mach 1000 combat speed ... Need I say more ?

#118 Posted by Gokluma (9344 posts) - - Show Bio

They claimed a chick like Tifa in Solar System tier.

So no

Avatar image for passingthroughv2
#119 Posted by passingthroughv2 (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

@danieldaripper said:

No but I like their set up with all the stats, Comicvine should have something like that.

Indeed.

#120 Posted by Thedarkpaladin (22886 posts) - - Show Bio

They're always reliable when it comes to providing entertainment. Other than that, far from it.

#121 Posted by kensiro (7 posts) - - Show Bio

What have they been flat out wrong out? They have the tiers right (in my opinion). TOAA are all in the correct tiers.

#122 Edited by ashar810 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@kensiro said:

What have they been flat out wrong out? They have the tiers right (in my opinion). TOAA are all in the correct tiers.

LOL most sites like VS battle get multiversal omnipotent characters right. It's hard not to. Most people are talking about the whole weaker verses like RWBY, Fairy Tail being mach 1000+. Hell a couple months ago they had Monkey D Luffy as Subrelativistic and others like Shanks as light speed. They have some characters as continent level when no one in the verse has shown that kinda power.

Not to mention their scaling system. Some pages are just cringy. Its like "A is continent level because he scales to B -->B is continent level because he scales to C-->C is continent level because he scales to D-->D is continent level because he scales to A" There is no calc no feat. They are continent level because they scale to each other without any valid feat and they use it in versus matches using the Continent level and simply saying the character stomps.

#123 Posted by _Logos_ (1922 posts) - - Show Bio

The power tiers are nice although the gaps between them are very big, but no they take feats and statements out of context, and their calcs are bizarre.

#124 Posted by jackiplier (302 posts) - - Show Bio

@ldm said:

Spidey is a million tonner, Cap can destroy multiple-city block with a shield bash, Thor is solar system level cause he busts some planets with shockwaves, Supes can lift a star, Hawkeye is a 5 tonners, Batman is small building level punching power, DCEU Supes is multi-continent level lifting and striking power plus sub-relativistic speed, Daredevil is Mach 1000 combat speed ... Need I say more ?

Batman being small building level punching power is not as ridiculous as Harley Quinn being small building level punching power...

They also tend to have an issue. I saw a post about Batman vs Captain America. The results were pretty even UNTIL they upgraded Captain America to 8-A in which it turns into an instant stomp.

There was also a fight between Batman vs Geralt of Rivia. It was in Geralt's favor until all DC street level are upgraded to 8-C and makes it an instant stomp again.

#125 Posted by LDM (5362 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackiplier: No wikis are truly reliable, unless all fanboys become one. And you and I both know that days ain’t ever come

#126 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't read vs battles wiki or they will make you stupid like them.

#127 Posted by devilmoonlight (138 posts) - - Show Bio

They overrate anime/manga characters powers to ridiculous levels.

#128 Posted by Overture2017 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

They always put anime/manga over comic book because they are anime/manga.

It is all

#130 Edited by DaSalvadore (455 posts) - - Show Bio

While their attempts should be applauded and I do like some of their methods, they aren't reliable. CV appears to have a major put down on A-B-C logic even when I think it can actually work in the right context. Vs Battles take it to the other extreme and scale/tiers in relation to everything else. If someone can destroy a city but is cut by a special blade (rock, metal, whatever) then that blade is now able to destroy a city. Their method of calculating tiers are absolute and that's the issue.

Saying that, I wouldn't say to someone to never look at it to get a few for how to work out how to break down a character's powers. It's just not good if you don't already have an excellent understanding of the character(s) you are reading about.

Edit: They have Thing as a Planet Buster. So, yeah...

#131 Posted by Kritoveris (34 posts) - - Show Bio

recenly,they believe street level characters from both marvel and dc are MHS(Massively Hypersonic) because they can react to bullets,i remember they were only supersonic or even hypersonic,now they changed them to MHS just because they can react to bullets

#132 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8794 posts) - - Show Bio

No. They love to highball and their articles can casually be edited by anyone. And they have some weird obsession with Calcs. Honestly, their the second worst fictional character debating community that I knock, only Youtube is worse.

#134 Posted by User_GX (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Tbh the issues in this DBD here are pretty basic: you have an appeal to incredulity, as well as a possible strawman. OBD and VBW has a lot of bullshit, but this wasn't as fleshed out as I thought it would be.

Loading Video...

#135 Posted by deeathpool (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117:

I'm not gonna sit here and lie about anything but Vsbattles has been copying and pasting information from other wikia for years now majority of that content is from this site.....

They copy both calculations and profiles from the OBD wiki to their lil shitty wiki and try to pass it off as theirs.....they give credit to some of the systems but not the content they steal.....

They also stole the whole "Dimensional tiering" concept from a Russian Vsbattles wiki and try to pass it off as if it was the Vsbattles "Original" system they also stole terms that didn't even work aka Hyperverse and Metaverse....both definitions debunked by a single person and when this failed they decided to make up words aka "Outerversal" trying to pass it as a "Coined" term for their site which again Dimensional tiering doesn't exist.....all fictional universes aren't the same but they still apply it even tho it makes no sense.

They also are known for raiding/vandalizing websites because they know they are a bunch of plagiarist cowards even the Vsbattles Wiki staff stated they wanted to deleted majority of the profiles to reboot the site to avoid the whole "We copied to much from this site now we must try to save ourselves" but they didn't and still use methods and other peoples stuff on here without permission or approval.

They run to OBD when someone tries the site but when its comes to the truth they get butthurt and deny everything.

No Caption Provided

#136 Edited by TheBatmeme368 (155 posts) - - Show Bio

They have good calculations, as when you do the math, the feat can be more impressive than it appears at first glance, but they often take PIS and outliers into the equation, drastically increasing their numbers.

They do state that certain feats are pure PIS, but it’s obvious at those points. They also use power scaling too often, Captain America is not multi-city block level, period. They say he is, because he can knock out Deadpool, they have Deadpool’s durability that high because in certain instances he doesn’t have visible damage, when he’s could just have a broken bones, ruptured organs, etc.

They state Deadpool’ healing factor is “slow”, like taking two minutes to regenerate a finger. That’s called inconsistency, different writers have differing takes on a character, and thus, their power levels.

Just one example, but there’s are many others. Spider-Man is not town level, Wolverine is not multi-city block, Batman is not building level, etc.

#137 Posted by ulquirralost (43 posts) - - Show Bio

for making calcs and shit? yes, they have one of the best teams over there. but their scaling sucks.... bad.

#138 Posted by FaradaySloth (12219 posts) - - Show Bio

They have MCU Iron Man at Large Country just because, i warn you, this is incredibly stupid.

"Drew a drop of blood from Thanos"

This site wanks MCU more than Comicvine itself....

Avatar image for deactivated-5d26a3a3d293d
#139 Posted by deactivated-5d26a3a3d293d (3054 posts) - - Show Bio

The short answer is no.

#140 Posted by ashar810 (115 posts) - - Show Bio

They have MCU Iron Man at Large Country just because, i warn you, this is incredibly stupid.

"Drew a drop of blood from Thanos"

This site wanks MCU more than Comicvine itself....

Holy mother of God!!!! That actually happened.

#141 Posted by Azureus (3269 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no, they're only marginally better than the google+ communities and Instagram comment sections. They have FT God tiers listed at Large Country.

#142 Edited by gabrielbelmont (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Vsbattles is a piece of shit, mostly due to a piece of crap called Matthew Schroeder and his fans. He thinks really, really high of himself, believing himself to be a god who can automatically ban people if they call him out. He also believes his opinion can override the facts.

Whenever people bring up their BS stats, they defend themselves by bringing up the fact that they receive a dozen million views each month. As if that counters every single argument that can be made against them. Lol.

Also, people keep saying his arguments "rock" in an attempt to try and get promoted to staff, because vsbattles's policy is solidly based on appeal to authority and appeal to popularity, and normal users aren't allowed to contradict the staff unless they get promoted to staff themselves. Just read this, from one of the previous content moderators of the site.

Vsbattles wiki is, and has always been, crap. Until people like Matthew are demoted, i don't see it getting better.

Avatar image for fitnesstribesman13
#143 Edited by FitnessTribesman13 (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

@danieldaripper said:

I have plenty of issues with how they organize such stats and don't get me started on their tiering system (it is quite misleading and conflates "AOE" to "physical energy" that is largely based on their Attack Potency system, making countless of characters seem way more formidable than they actually appear).

@camilopezo said:

The problem is that they apply Tiers to sharp objects.

Just because a sword can cut to a City Buster, does not mean that the sword has a city-level attack power.

Here's yet another example of how flawed their wiki is.
Not only is their tiering system highly misleading, but they also can't seem to grasp the concept of attack types and how they differ in the way they damage an opponent.
I never knew they actually applied tiers to sharp/cutting-based attacks, let alone considered them. Using Wolverine with his claws as an example, he is indeed capable of damaging opponents who can withstand tremendous physical force, but of course kinetic/physical/blunt attacks =/= sharp-based attacks. This is much like how a Kevlar vest can withstand the force of bullets but bladed weaponry can damage it due to in this case, blunt force and sharpness possessing their own unique set of mechanics in how they deliver damage and how they can be resisted. They also mislabel APs with terms that should really translate to levels of AOE (area of effect) and of course should only be limited to physical force only.
So I recommend they take attack types into consideration and implement them for the wiki.
#144 Posted by King-Ragnar (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

No. It's the equivalent of the YouTube comment section.

#145 Posted by Fabricolage (2186 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at face value when it comes to potency, but imo they might collect a lot of info on characters in abilities and feats, such as Blue Beetle who has used abilities not listed on some other sites just like other sites like teleportation which he used to get some kids out of a school run amok by demons conjured from some game, which he did use while facing monsters. Probably just a matter of exploring more and having more evidence to their claims. Either that or the underrated characters get more respect unless proven wrong just like regular characters.

#146 Posted by camilopezo (2194 posts) - - Show Bio

@fitnesstribesman13: Speaking of AOE and Attack Potency.

Finn Adventure time is considered 5-C in the first season of adventure time.

The reason is due to "He has defeated the Ice King, who can freeze the whole world."

This has many problems.

1-AOE =/= Attack Potency

2-In a direct physical fight, Simon is just a normal human. (The Ice king is a squishy Wizard)

3-Simon rarely uses the power of the crown at 100%.

#147 Posted by Sungsam (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

I would more than gladly answer the question of the thread, but it would be me telling you what to think. Not how to think. That type of bullshit is what led us to the cultism to dimensional tiering non sense. Lol

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
#148 Posted by Simon_the_digger (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope

Avatar image for fitnesstribesman13
#149 Posted by FitnessTribesman13 (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

@fitnesstribesman13: Speaking of AOE and Attack Potency.

Finn Adventure time is considered 5-C in the first season of adventure time.

The reason is due to "He has defeated the Ice King, who can freeze the whole world."

This has many problems.

1-AOE =/= Attack Potency

2-In a direct physical fight, Simon is just a normal human. (The Ice king is a squishy Wizard)

3-Simon rarely uses the power of the crown at 100%.

Not to mention freezing the entire world shouldn't depend on AP (technically physical force on VS battles) but AOE, temperature, and other factors relevant to such freezing attacks.

I actually never seen Adventure Time to have a confident and willing say, otherwise.

I also find it hysterical how they acknowledge distinct forms of strength (lifting and striking) and speed (reaction, combat, foot, flight speed, etc.), yet they don’t hold attack types to the same standards.

I went back to go check and discovered they state they (supposedly) acknowledge that AOE =/= AP. Of course, there are countless character profiles contradicting this.

#150 Posted by User_GX (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Vsbattles is a piece of shit, mostly due to a piece of crap called Matthew Schroeder and his fans. He thinks really, really high of himself, believing himself to be a god who can automatically ban people if they call him out. He also believes his opinion can override the facts.

Whenever people bring up their BS stats, they defend themselves by bringing up the fact that they receive a dozen million views each month. As if that counters every single argument that can be made against them. Lol.

Also, people keep saying his arguments "rock" in an attempt to try and get promoted to staff, because vsbattles's policy is solidly based on appeal to authority and appeal to popularity, and normal users aren't allowed to contradict the staff unless they get promoted to staff themselves. Just read this, from one of the previous content moderators of the site.

Vsbattles wiki is, and has always been, crap. Until people like Matthew are demoted, i don't see it getting better.

No Caption Provided