Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The title says it all.

Here's a link to the site in case anyone is unfamiliar with it: http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/VS_Battles_Wiki

echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By echostarlord117

I'm particularly interested in whether or not their rating system is anything other than nonsense. For example, a friend of mine showed me their page on Obi-Wan and on it they classified him as a high 6-A character, meaning he can bust a continent/easily harm someone with continent-level durability. I mean, give me a break... On the other hand, though, they are fairly accurate with other characters. Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding something.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

As with any wiki, you have to bear in mind always is that they are pages that have been written by fans or other observers who have taken it on themselves to make these pages, punch in these numbers and so on. And you simply cannot be certain they are entirely truthful or accurate, because fans sometimes wont be wearing their 'reasonable glasses' and instead blast the capablities of a character out of proportion.

Take some of our resident Storm and Thor supporters, some of them believe their icons cannot be beat by anyone even if there is nothing to really support that from comics.

Gnomishness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@echostarlord117: They're reliable enough to use as a secondary source, in my opinion. What they say is almost never unreasonable if looked at from a certain context, but that context is not typically the more reasoned context or the most likely one. It's good if you're looking for a potentially arguable high end for certain characters though...

And their concepts on physics are pretty good. A nice way to quantify things.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Galactic_1000

Please Don't take Vs Battle wiki as your Official guide book there ranking system is complete ****.They are wrong about Celestial sapiens,God Rex,Gilgamesh etc

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Frack no.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More reliable than this site and its biased nerds.

echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gnomishness: Hm, that's kind of what I was thinking. They seem to *usually* get things right, but they're prone to wanking the shit out of certain characters, particularly characters from anime/manga and, to a far lesser extent, Star Wars.

@outside_85: "As with any wiki, you have to bear in mind always is that they are pages that have been written by fans or other observers who have taken it on themselves to make these pages,"

They don't have mods?

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CitizenSurfer

I got banned for a year for saying Thor is not a solar system buster. That tells you all you need to know about the site.

Here's the link:

http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:525900

Edit: Just went back and checked Thor's page on vsBattlewikia and it turns out that Thor is "likely 2-C".

What's a 2-C you ask? Well it's multi-universal obviously...

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer: I gotta say, that's pretty funny. Those vs guys sure are sensitive

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Galactic_1000

@citizensurfer: My friend I am telling you Vs battles wiki complete Pathetic.Even worse Than CV(Sometimes CV seems to be worse than Vs battles wiki)

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer: My friend I am telling you Vs battles wiki complete Pathetic.Even worse Than CV(Sometimes CV seems to be worse than Vs battles wiki)

No Caption Provided

KwasiD2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KwasiD2k

No different than someone saying something on CV, but you might as well go to the actual character wiki cuz they site their sources like DC gives you the issue and page number whatever they say took place in

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is bad. Capital B A D, bad. Every time I go on there, their rankings are wrong, sometimes they are off by miles. I only saw them get one character spot on.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, I'd say it's the most unreliable source next to youtube comments.

MakerofMatches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More reliable than this site and its biased nerds.

Great joke.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reliable when it comes to anything other than comedy?

Hell to the no.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got banned for a year for saying Thor is not a solar system buster. That tells you all you need to know about the site.

Here's the link:

Edit: Just went back and checked Thor's page on vsBattlewikia and it turns out that Thor is "likely 2-C".

The problem isn't the calc, the problem is that these guys take one off feats as the norm, the calc was sound by a mathematical and logical perspective, but no self-respecting Thor fan or debater believes he's Solar System level because of consistency.

The 2-C rating is for Rune King Thor by the way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is bad. Capital B A D, bad. Every time I go on there, their rankings are wrong, sometimes they are off by miles. I only saw them get one character spot on.

Who?

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer said:

Here's the link:

The problem isn't the calc, the problem is that these guys take one off feats as the norm, the calc was sound by a mathematical and logical perspective, but no self-respecting Thor fan or debater believes he's Solar System level because of consistency.

The 2-C rating is for Rune King Thor by the way.

Nowhere is it explicitly stated that the tier in question is in reference to Rune King Thor, and even if it was I would ask "them" to show me scans of RKT performing a multi-universal feat.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@echostarlord117: Don't trust their character profiles at all, the only thing they're good for is providing resources and a scale to calc feats with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer: If you go at the bottom of his profile there is a section called "Key" and it lists "Base | Odin Force Thor | Rune King Thor", each version of the character corresponds with the Tier ratings at the top of the page. As for why he's listed as multi-universal, first off it's "Low 2-C" which means only capable of destroying a single universe, I believe their reasoning is scaling from Odin (listed as multi-galactic) who RKT was supposedly more powerful than, plus the fact that he became one with the universe.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on what you're relying on them for. Which happens to be nothing relating to character profiles.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: No I was the one that got banned for that, knowing you; you probably got banned for trying to argue that Thor could one-shot Galactus

/dead

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

There's no objectively perfect character wiki.

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nah. I mean I sometimes use it for characters I know and can tell if something is off. I mostly just use it to help as a mental refresher. I never take it as fact.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Some info's are reliable but the majority aren't.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brony just got triggered

Shadowshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

absolutely not.NF is far more credible.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer: I am talking about Dbz wankers,Bleach wankers naruto wankers my friend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

absolutely not.NF is far more credible.

What's NF?

Shadowshock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowshock: Well from what I've seen most of the VS Battles Wiki calcs come from Naruto Forums so there is that...

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Superhero24

Not at all. They used pixels which isn't the best way to measure things. They have DCEU supes as Island level to country level in power. They accept outliers and offscreen feats. They even have Neo as Island level. They also have Hancock as Mountain Level even though the director of the movie said he would be taken out by a 50 megaton bomb.

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer: it means they dont know what is considered PIS or how to debate according to the nebulous rules of the public opinion of comicvine. i know a great deal more about thor and his mythos than most people on this site, if we debated now it would be entirely different than before... well perhaps not entirely, you still seem to enjoy derailing threads for no reason.

So if we debated right now you'd bring scans not seen by anybody else that somehow now place Thor above Silver Surfer even though it is widely regarded as fact that Silver Surfer would whoop Thor?

well perhaps not entirely, you still seem to enjoy derailing threads for no reason.

You're the one who derailed the CAV. You can try and claim that you didn't all you want, but if you really want me to screencap the post where you started the derailment then I can.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer:

So if we debated right now you'd bring scans not seen by anybody else that somehow now place Thor above Silver Surfer even though it is widely regarded as fact that Silver Surfer would whoop Thor?

it is not a widely regarded fact that surfer beats thor, its an opinion and there are many who think differently.

there are no new scans for any character, its about how you use them, and i can use them far better now than i did before.

You're the one who derailed the CAV. You can try and claim that you didn't all you want, but if you really want me to screencap the post where you started the derailment then I can.

i know what happened, i may have said one thing but you blew it out of proportion and started accusing people of being alts. you got the thread locked because you couldnt handle one person voting against you.

it is not a widely regarded fact that surfer beats thor, its an opinion and there are many who think differently.

there are no new scans for any character, its about how you use them, and i can use them far better now than i did before.

They are still the same feats, presenting them in a different manner doesn't alter a characters power level.

i know what happened, i may have said one thing but you blew it out of proportion and started accusing people of being alts. you got the thread locked because you couldnt handle one person voting against you.

You accused me of blaspheming for telling you that you aren't God, you and MrBlue who I'm still adamant is your alternate account continued on debating even though the voting was technically over, you then started arguments with multiple users who didn't vote for you and then you made an entirely new thread, you didn't tag me in it and you also gave yourself false votes (which you also got caught out on).

CitizenSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensurfer:

They are still the same feats, presenting them in a different manner doesn't alter a characters power level.

thor >= surfer. your view on their power levels is not a fact, its just your own opinion.

You accused me of blaspheming for telling you that you aren't God, you and MrBlue who I'm still adamant is your alternate account continued on debating even though the voting was technically over, you then started arguments with multiple users who didn't vote for you and then you made an entirely new thread, you didn't tag me in it and you also gave yourself false votes (which you also got caught out on).

i dont remember it quite that way at all, but you are never going to admit your foolish actions.

anyway, enough derailing this thread. do you accept the thor (fighting seriously) vs stable normal sentry cav challenge to commence in roughly a months time?

thor >= surfer. your view on their power levels is not a fact, its just your own opinion.

You mean Surfer> Thor, and my "opinion" is backed up by feats, this view is also shared by almost every other user on this website.

i dont remember it quite that way at all, but you are never going to admit your foolish actions.

Oh the hypocrisy.