User Lists: 0

#252  Edited By DbzFan44

BraunMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Old thread, but I came across it while doing a search on the opinions of the Fandom Versus site.

I encountered similar concerns.

It seems to be a good, reliable database for general information and statistics, and is cool to browse for general character info.

With that said, their “overall tiering” system seems like a joke. Especially their dimensional tiering.

In almost ANY versus battle, the higher tiered character will win by default, even when it’s clear that there’s little knowledge known about the characters.

They have Spider-Man listed as a 100+ ton lifter, simply because he supported a part of a collapsing Daily Bugle building. By default, they gave Venom an even stronger lifting scale, based off of the logic that he’s “stronger than Spider-Man”.

They also give Pennywise from Stephen King’s universe a 1-A ranking, because he “exists outside of the Dark Tower”, and only give pre Retcon Beyonder a 1-B ranking, even though he exists outside of the Marvel Multiverse.

By their logic, they determined that Pennywise could defeat Pre Retcon Beyonder, even without feats.

It makes absolutely no sense. Many posters there seem incredibly robotic by nature. It’s frustrating to even attempt to have a conversation with them.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@braunman: I think their circular scaling is worse. Things like "A is that strong because he matched B, B is this strong because he matched C and C is this strong because he matched A"

BraunMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rac95: I agree.

For example, on the site, Venom’s lifting strength is ranked as a class M, which implies he can lift the world’s heaviest ship. The world’s heaviest ship is in excess of 600,000 tons.

I am just curious when he has ever displayed such a feat?

I asked the question on there, and it was responded with “Venom is said to be stronger than Spider-Man, and since Spider-Man lifted the Daily Bugle, it puts him in the 100+ ton range”....

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@braunman said:

@rac95: I agree.

For example, on the site, Venom’s lifting strength is ranked as a class M, which implies he can lift the world’s heaviest ship. The world’s heaviest ship is in excess of 600,000 tons.

I am just curious when he has ever displayed such a feat?

I asked the question on there, and it was responded with “Venom is said to be stronger than Spider-Man, and since Spider-Man lifted the Daily Bugle, it puts him in the 100+ ton range”....

This is the only part they got right in their argument. I mean last time I checked Thor was MFTL+ and Red Hulk Solar-Sytem-level

ShadowRazer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: Oh I forgot to ask, I remember that they also told that Strange has created a "null space" to space-time which he had full control and even could regenerate from nothing is that legit

ShadowRazer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By ShadowRazer24

@braunman said:

Old thread, but I came across it while doing a search on the opinions of the Fandom Versus site.

I encountered similar concerns.

It seems to be a good, reliable database for general information and statistics, and is cool to browse for general character info.

With that said, their “overall tiering” system seems like a joke. Especially their dimensional tiering.

In almost ANY versus battle, the higher tiered character will win by default, even when it’s clear that there’s little knowledge known about the characters.

They have Spider-Man listed as a 100+ ton lifter, simply because he supported a part of a collapsing Daily Bugle building. By default, they gave Venom an even stronger lifting scale, based off of the logic that he’s “stronger than Spider-Man”.

They also give Pennywise from Stephen King’s universe a 1-A ranking, because he “exists outside of the Dark Tower”, and only give pre Retcon Beyonder a 1-B ranking, even though he exists outside of the Marvel Multiverse.

By their logic, they determined that Pennywise could defeat Pre Retcon Beyonder, even without feats.

It makes absolutely no sense. Many posters there seem incredibly robotic by nature. It’s frustrating to even attempt to have a conversation with them.

they also wank lovecraft like a lot

for example Yog-Sothoth was literally stated to be finite dimensional but they put him as a infinite dimensional being bruh

Also God of War like whats the point of even f*cking Hercules being low multiversal wtf???

Andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Andromeda101

@shadowrazer24 said:

Oh I forgot to ask, I remember that they also told that Strange has created a "null space" to space-time which he had full control and even could regenerate from nothing is that legit

From what I remember, Strange has done something like that as shown during his fight against Salomé in Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme Annual#4, which's confirmed by his later talk with Clea and Morbius during Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme#63/67. As for regenerating from nothing, Strange did that against Dormammu in their first fight back in Strange Tales#127.

ShadowRazer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowrazer24 said:

Oh I forgot to ask, I remember that they also told that Strange has created a "null space" to space-time which he had full control and even could regenerate from nothing is that legit

From what I remember, Strange has done something like that as shown during his fight against Salomé in Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme Annual#4, which's confirmed by his later talk with Clea and Morbius during Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme#63/67. As for regenerating from nothing, Strange did that against Dormammu in their first fight back in Strange Tales#127.

oh I see thx

but the issue they mentioned him from regenerate from nothing was when he fought against Dormammu in a Spider-Man comic and he regenerated both him and Spider Man physical forms in a place beyond space-time (or something like that)

Andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh I see thx

but the issue they mentioned him from regenerate from nothing was when he fought against Dormammu in a Spider-Man comic and he regenerated both him and Spider Man physical forms in a place beyond space-time (or something like that)

Ah, it's from Amazing Spider-Man Vol.2#58.

Here.

ShadowRazer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowrazer24 said:

oh I see thx

Ah, it's from Amazing Spider-Man Vol.2#58.

Here.

thx this feat is really impressive

stumerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not always, but people posting here act like this site's immune to bad takes.

assemblesquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264  Edited By assemblesquad

Assassin's Creed's characters are Small Building Level+ physically and Supersonic+ due to scaling each other feats, they're also bullet timers and can blitz multiple fodders many times.

Absol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You: "According to logic, the author, the guidebooks and the fiction itself, x character is not FTL"

Matthew schroeder: "BuT mUh FaNcAlC!"

Other Vsbattlers: "Saint Matthew has talked, therefore no matter what you say and what proof you gives, you are wrong.

TheAnimal666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 TheAnimal666  Online

@absol123 said:

You: "According to logic, the author, the guidebooks and the fiction itself, x character is not FTL"

Matthew schroeder: "BuT mUh FaNcAlC!"

Other Vsbattlers: "Saint Matthew has talked, therefore no matter what you say and what proof you gives, you are wrong.

They should rename themselves "CognitiveDissonanceFancannonBattles".

Absol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheAnimal666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers