User Lists: 0

It can't outlast Chuck Norris, so no.

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

God created time so no it aint immortal...

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Chimeroid  Online

@citgo said:

Did he tho?

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chimeroid  Online
Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time as in a character or force or the time time

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By citgo

@darkthunder said:

Time as in a character or force or the time time

was wondering the same thing

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid:

God almighty wills it and so it shall be (become), be and it is,

Surah Al Imran Ch.3 V.59

ChampionJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time is the 4th dimension right? So beings who exist on the 5th dimension and above can definitely kill/destroy it.

sky-father

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

fictionally no

scientifically yes

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure about you, but I kill time all the time.

Avatar image for roman_nurdstrum
Roman_Nurdstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60f4d10418f1d
deactivated-60f4d10418f1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time starts with the Big Bang, and I think whether it'll last forever or not depends on whether there will be a Big Crunch or not.

So it's debatable.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chimeroid  Online

@citgo said:

@chimeroid:

Surah Al Imran Ch.3 V.59

That has nothing to do with the concept of time itself. To my knowledge, nowhere in the abrahamic religion area is it stated that God created the concept of time. After all, you would need time to create time. This in fact, is one of the big philosophical debates taht are currently going around in religious circles and most people haven't reached an answer, but i am very glad that you did citgo from comicvine.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chimeroid  Online

Time starts with the Big Bang, and I think whether it'll last forever or not depends on whether there will be a Big Crunch or not.

So it's debatable.

I mean, that is Hawking's opinion, but it has some serious flaws. For starters, Hawking doesn't see Time as a stream. He sees it as a structure that has the beginning and the end. We are just moving in that structure. (structure is not the right word)

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By citgo

@chimeroid said:

@citgo said:

@chimeroid:

Surah Al Imran Ch.3 V.59

That has nothing to do with the concept of time itself. To my knowledge, nowhere in the abrahamic religion area is it stated that God created the concept of time. After all, you would need time to create time. This in fact, is one of the big philosophical debates taht are currently going around in religious circles and most people haven't reached an answer, but i am very glad that you did citgo from comicvine.

is Abrahamic religion Islam lol

that verse I mentioned previously talks about all things not just time alone, furthermore in these abrahamic religions time is said to come to an end at some point, which shows time aint immortal, now u asked me for a quote stating the creation of time, which I provided u, in short creating time falls under all things God wills, and God Himself revealed those words to the prophet.

ive only given u the tip of the ice burg, you'd have to study the Quran yourself to gain further info, and out of all three religions Islam is the most/100% scientifically accurate, unless u believe the earth is flat like its stated in the bible.

by the way chime u atheist aint u?

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chimeroid  Online

@citgo said:
@chimeroid said:
@citgo said:

@chimeroid:

Surah Al Imran Ch.3 V.59

Yes, islam is one of the Abrahamic religions.

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: u replied to soon I edited my post, and I was sarcastic about the abrahamic thing, didn't u see the lol

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chimeroid  Online

@citgo said:

@chimeroid said:

@citgo said:

@chimeroid:

Surah Al Imran Ch.3 V.59

that verse I mentioned previously talks about all things not just time alone, furthermore in these abrahamic religions time is said to come to an end at some point, which shows time aint immortal, now u asked me for a quote stating the creation of time, which I provided u, in short creating time falls under all things God wills, and God Himself revealed those words to the prophet.

ive only given u the tip of the ice burg, you'd have to study the Quran yourself to gain further info, and out of all three religions Islam is the most/100% scientifically accurate, unless u believe the earth is flat like its stated in the bible.

that verse I mentioned previously talks about all things not just time alone, furthermore in these abrahamic religions

I am pretty sure you misquoted it. Because ch 3 v 59 is

"Indeed, the example of Jesus to Allah is like that of Adam. He created Him from dust; then He said to him, "Be," and he was."

Explicitly talking about creating jesus. Also, your quote should be expanded upon at least slightly so that you show what the god almighty willed in particular.

and out of all three religions Islam is the most/100% scientifically accurate, unless u believe the earth is flat like its stated in the bible.

The bible doesn't actually state the earth is flat, just like Quran doesn't state it is round. Both are vaguely written so that there is less room for mistake. Should the room suddenly become flat, Quran wouldn't need to be changed at all, as the model of the Earth from Quran perfectly falls in line with flat earth theory as well as the round Earth truth.

I am an agnostic. I believe that there is something above us, but i am certain that no human has reached the understanding of God. That includes anyone who preaches any religion on Earth.

Either way, when i discuss religion, i try to do it by using the source of that religion. I have learned about various religions over time and they are quite interesting.

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: as I told u God wills it and it is, simple as that, if I were to agree with that it only meant Isa peace be upon him, than thats limiting God to create only human as He wills it, but the words used are He wills and it shall be, which is obvious God is beyond human comprehension and as I said each of these religions states the end of time making time not immortal, Quran speaks of spherical earth, the bible on the other talks about a circle, I dont rly preach religion, honestly u should listen to this guy called Zakir Naik, he does comparative religions, and u should listen to him especially cuz u agnostic lol

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chimeroid  Online

@citgo said:

@chimeroid: as I told u God wills it and it is, simple as that, if I were to agree with that it only meant Isa peace be upon him, than thats limiting God to create only human as He wills it, but the words used are He wills and it shall be, which is obvious God is beyond human comprehension and as I said each of these religions states the end of time making time not immortal, Quran speaks of spherical earth, the bible on the other talks about a circle, I dont rly preach religion, honestly u should listen to this guy called Zakir Naik, he does comparative religions, and u should listen to him especially cuz u agnostic lol

Yes, but i would like the actual source or the full quote for what you've mentioned. Because to me, it kinda sounds like you just choose to believe it is so. which is your prerogative, but i was just interested if the Quran actually had some direct quotes in relation to time.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Depend on your definition of time.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hulk_Like_Fire

Yes. Everything is based on matter in motion. It is matter in motion that shows that there must be space and time, else motion would be impossible. Matter itself is eternal, it is infinite and has no begin or end. Therefore also time and space are infinite. No begin or end to space and time.

We don’t see ‘matter’ as such, we only see finite material configurations. By necessity, a finite material configuration has a begin and an end. But such as begin is not a begin in or from nothing, but from previous material forms, and like wise the end is not an end in nothing, but into something else.

If we exclude the possibility of ‘self-causation’ (something emerging from nothing) and closed causal loops (something causing itself), then it would lead to the idea of the eternity and infinity of matter, without begin and end. If we take the observable universe (or a finite extension of it) as a finite material configuration, then sure, that too had a begin in time and was caused by some material causes prior to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jiren surpasses time, yet he's a mortal so nope.

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citgo said:

Did he tho?

bruh take a look at this verse, tho u might say its only regarding heavens & earth, tho it clearly says "matter" you'll get it

Surah Al Baqarah Ch2 V. 117

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dangannopoopoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dangannopoopoo

Is Immortality timed?

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, considering "death" is a concept that does not apply to time, obviously.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chimeroid  Online

@citgo said:
@chimeroid said:
@citgo said:

Did he tho?

bruh take a look at this verse, tho u might say its only regarding heavens & earth, tho it clearly says "matter" you'll get it

Surah Al Baqarah Ch2 V. 117

Bruh i took a look and time isn't mentioned.

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: bruh u not know the meaning of??:

When He decrees a "MATTER", He only says to it, "Be," and it is.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Chimeroid  Online

@citgo said:

@chimeroid: bruh u not know the meaning of??:

When He decrees a "MATTER", He only says to it, "Be," and it is.

It means that whatever he wants to happen or exist, he just needs to say "be" and it will.

Doesn't mention time. I don't mind religious people or muslims, but i hate it when they try to expand on what their holy texts say because that way you are saying that you are greater than your prophet.

citgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: believe me I aint the religious type, just had to put this out their cuz u asked, in short ur telling me time isn't something God wants to happen or exist anything else is doable?? lol

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

You mean if the universe will exist forever ?

no.

so for the ppl searching for different life in the universe , have fun and good luck wasting your life time, in 2500 you still gonna RIP without having anything on that matter.

ThatDamnedUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fictionally no

scientifically yes

scientifically its unknown, but evidence suggests no

Time and space exist in a continuum and scientist have seen galaxies receding away from us at sub relativistic speeds, the speed alone should heat most of the planets causing them to become gases, however, what they have found is space is expanding and those galaxies are merely on the space expanding, this leads to the idea time isn't infinite.

The main reason being the singularity from which the universe was made from had all forces-matter-energy-time-space, it had all things, if we understand space, energy, matter, forces are not infinite why should time be infinite when it originates from the same source.

Overall time is created and is still being created, we exist in the present a present that can be fast-forwarded with reference to space and time on a universal scale, with more space being created as the universe is expanding more time is created to compensate as they exist in a continuum.

This is what has lead to the Big Crunch theory, time isn't infinite it had a beginning, it was created from a matter-space-time-force singularity which birthed all things and we already know most things aren't infinite they can only be exchanged mass to energy to forces with only time and space sitting outside and needing each other to exist.

Time using logic and science isn't infinite but whether our answer is correct is unknown.

There are scientific videos concerning this too I believe

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on how you define time.

MyMom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really depends on how you interpret Time. Some people think the Time is just a higher spatial dimensions which is infinite. Some people think Time is a only measurement unit while the other use Anthropic Principle to prove that your theory is wrong and that the time is finitive. Some people think that Time doesn't exit at all, etc.

Basically it boils down on your interpretation of Time.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 takenstew22  Moderator

If by time you mean the universe, then no.

If by time you mean pretty much existence itself, then probably. It's impossible to asnwer.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mister_Surreal

Time isn't "immortal" because time isn't a living concept. But if you mean eternal, then no, because eternity has no end or beginning, and we can presume that time has not always existed, at least not in its current state as we know it.

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time doesn't exist. It's an illusion cast by human mortality.

lmaolmaolmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you mean time as a concept,then "immortality" itself is defined on the basis of time,so the question is weird

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Floopay

Yes.

Entropy refers to the heat death of the universe, not the end of time.

Time is relative to the speed at which something travels; but still has to exist for 4th or greater dimensions to exist. So as long as there is a 4th Dimension, which all evidence supports the idea that there always will be one, then time will exist.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

ChaosHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ChaosHerc

time is Space isn't