Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Resonate

Holly Cross says:

"http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/xbox-live-creates-real-world-life/1199020 I think I'm the only girl who was born without a romantic bone in her body. So can anyone tell me if this is romantic?"

If that's so I may be the only guy without a romantic bone in his body

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Apparition

any story that ends up with people falling in love is at least a little romantic

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Resonate

Apparition says:

"any story that ends up with people falling in love is at least a little romantic"

I challenge you to that

Assimilation2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Assimilation2

define romantic.

Dementia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Dementia5

It's all part of Tom Clancy's secret genetics experiment.

Holly Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Holly Cross

Assimilation2 says:

"define romantic."

Hmmm, I've always defined romanance as foolish. I think something truly romantic is something that would make you want to be a fool too.

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LexiCat

Romance..

I define romance as the atmosphere two people create when they join together and become one through mind, body, and soul. Romance isn't something you buy. Romance is a unique atmosphere generated by two unique individuals who are perfect for one another. Some think candlelit dinners are romantic. Some think box seats at a Yankees-Red Sox game is romantic. Some think playing video games together is romantic. Whatever it is that two people share.. whatever it is that two people believe in and believes makes them who they are as a couple is romance to me.

So is this story romantic? Yes, I believe it is. Those two people met doing something they both enjoyed. They shared that interest and that led them into sharing themselves with the other. Which eventually led to them sharing their lives together. Happy endings are always romantic.

Assimilation2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Assimilation2

Holly Cross says:

"Assimilation2 says:
"define romantic."
Hmmm, I've always defined romanance as foolish. I think something truly romantic is something that would make you want to be a fool too."

foolishly meeting someone over an international chain whocould easily lie about who they are and could easily have been a rapist. Yeah, I guess your definition calls this romantic.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Resonate

sure, looking at it that way

I've just always seen things differently

Assimilation2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Assimilation2

LexiCat says:

"**Romance..**
I define romance as the atmosphere two people create when they join together and become one through mind, body, and soul. Romance isn't something you buy. Romance is a unique atmosphere generated by two unique individuals who are perfect for one another. Some think candlelit dinners are romantic. Some think box seats at a Yankees-Red Sox game is romantic. Some think playing video games together is romantic. Whatever it is that two people share.. whatever it is that two people believe in and believes makes them who they are as a couple is romance to me.
So is this story romantic? Yes, I believe it is. Those two people met doing something they both enjoyed. They shared that interest and that led them into sharing themselves with the other. Which eventually led to them sharing their lives together. Happy endings are always romantic."

i'm sorry, but whenever i hear romantic, the first thing that comes to mind is Romeo and Juliet, and that ending definantely wasn't happy

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Resonate

Assimilation2 says:

"LexiCat says:
"**Romance..**
So is this story romantic? Yes, I believe it is. Those two people met doing something they both enjoyed. They shared that interest and that led them into sharing themselves with the other. Which eventually led to them sharing their lives together. Happy endings are always romantic."
i'm sorry, but whenever i hear romantic, the first thing that comes to mind is Romeo and Juliet, and that ending definantely wasn't happy"

yes it was, Romeo got what he deserved for being such an emotional wreck lol

he married her after a fncking day lol

A DAY

=====

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LexiCat

Assimilation2 says:

"LexiCat says:
"**Romance..**
i'm sorry, but whenever i hear romantic, the first thing that comes to mind is Romeo and Juliet, and that ending definantely wasn't happy"

I think it all depends on how you look at the story as a whole. Was the ending happy? Depends on who's viewpoint you look at it from. Romeo & Juliet's? Or their families? Outside influences were at work and caused the play to end the way it did. We can speculate that had the two been left to live in peace, would they have been happy? I would like to think yes. From Romeo & Juliet's views they ARE happy. They are together, in death. They are free of their families' battles and ill will. So in that respect, it is a happy ending of a sort. The families, in their lack of forethought, never understood what it meant to truly be in love. They thought they could control it, but there is no controlling love. It's an emotion, like all others, that when felt... it's unstoppable. From their point of view the ending was a tragedy. They miss their family members. They miss their daughter and their son. They feel the guilt brought on by simply not just letting them -be- in love. Despite the apparent sad ending of the play, I feel it was still a happy ending for the two in love. Maybe I'm just odd.. I don't know.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

That article hits a bit close to home for me. I was shocked to read where the two were from...

I think its romantic. It just goes to show you not everyone on the internet is crazy.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Resonate

Kiara Sullivan says:

"That article hits a bit close to home for me. I was shocked to read where the two were from... I think its romantic. It just goes to show you not everyone on the internet is crazy."

hehehehehshahajhdikhflahsdfklbsfklaGKJHAHAHAHAH

ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ChrisAngel

You ask me, does it really matter where two people are from? The matter in which the man and the woman come to fall for one another? No... what truly matters is the love that they share between them and its honesty... if the feeling is there.. the drive, and the want to be with one another exists... the means of it truly don't matter....it's the feeling that does.

Assimilation2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Assimilation2

LexiCat says:

"Assimilation2 says:
"LexiCat says:
"**Romance..**
I think it all depends on how you look at the story as a whole. Was the ending happy? Depends on who's viewpoint you look at it from. Romeo & Juliet's? Or their families? Outside influences were at work and caused the play to end the way it did. We can speculate that had the two been left to live in peace, would they have been happy? I would like to think yes. From Romeo & Juliet's views they ARE happy. They are together, in death. They are free of their families' battles and ill will. So in that respect, it is a happy ending of a sort. The families, in their lack of forethought, never understood what it meant to truly be in love. They thought they could control it, but there is no controlling love. It's an emotion, like all others, that when felt... it's unstoppable. From their point of view the ending was a tragedy. They miss their family members. They miss their daughter and their son. They feel the guilt brought on by simply not just letting them -be- in love. Despite the apparent sad ending of the play, I feel it was still a happy ending for the two in love. Maybe I'm just odd.. I don't know. "

touche

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

I agree with CA

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Pania

It is for them, and that's the only thing that realy matters.

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LexiCat

-smiling gently at Assimilation2-Romeo & Juliet is perhaps my favorite of all Shakespeare's plays. So.. if i was long winded, I apologize. I just enjoy discussing it.

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LexiCat

-smiling gently at Assimilation2-Romeo & Juliet is perhaps my favorite of all Shakespeare's plays. So.. if i was long winded, I apologize. I just enjoy discussing it.

power surge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By power surge

man if you meet someone you like over xbox live that is freaky indeed

Dementia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24  Edited By Dementia5

LexiCat says:

"*-smiling gently at Assimilation2-* **Romeo & Juliet is perhaps my favorite of all Shakespeare's plays. So.. if i was long winded, I apologize. I just enjoy discussing it.**"

My favorite too...the Bard's best known work.

Personally, I've always defined romance (and by extension, love) as simply seeing something in someone that no one else sees. And if you perceive that thing to be special enough (because, let's face it, it's all about your perception), you can forgive them almost anything.

Almost.

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By LexiCat

Dementia5 says:

"LexiCat says:
"*-smiling gently at Assimilation2-* **Romeo & Juliet is perhaps my favorite of all Shakespeare's plays. So.. if i was long winded, I apologize. I just enjoy discussing it.**"
My favorite too...the Bard's best known work. Personally, I've always defined romance (and by extension, love) as simply seeing something in someone that no one else sees. And if you perceive that thing to be special enough (because, let's face it, it's all about your perception), you can forgive them almost anything. *Almost.* "

I couldn't agree with you more.. Love, more specifically unconditional love, is something so rare that it's almost impossible to find. It is about forgiving the one you love for anything. It's about accepting them as they are, not trying to turn them into what you want. It's loving the flaws every bit as much as the perfections.

Holly Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Holly Cross

LexiCat says:

"**Romance..**

No such thing as happy endings...becuase nothing truly ends

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By iSHADOW

Holly Cross says:

"LexiCat says:
"**Romance..**

No such thing as happy endings...becuase nothing truly ends"

do you care to support that claim?

Bloodaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bloodaxe

Holly Cross says:

"LexiCat says:
"**Romance..**

Tell that to The Order.

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By LexiCat

I think the idea of a "happy ending" is a misnomer. It's a happy ending to a particular part of a person's life. Does the ending signify something finite? No. It's just a way of saying one chapter is closed and another is beginning.

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By iSHADOW

physically, there is an absolute beginning and end to all things. Whether or not something ends happily is subjective.
Post Edited:2008-03-26 11:19:54

LexiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LexiCat

Physically you're right.. but in the eyes of love and romance, physics plays no part at all..

Asymmetrical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

User Lists: 19

#32  Edited By Asymmetrical

Holly Cross says:

"So can anyone tell me if this is romantic?"

In my opinion...no

romance to me is something that is only possible in fiction and it doesn't exist in the real world

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vrakmul

Holly Cross says:

"http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/xbox-live-creates-real-world-life/1199020I think I'm the only girl who was born without a romantic bone in her body. So can anyone tell me if this is romantic?"

Same here.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By Static Shock

Holly Cross says:

"http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/xbox-live-creates-real-world-life/1199020I think I'm the only girl who was born without a romantic bone in her body. So can anyone tell me if this is romantic?"

Anything that has two people falling in love and making a baby in the process is romantic in my book...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Static Shock

Dreadnaught says:

"Same here."

So, you don't see anything romantic about two people falling in love (even if they met through a online video game) and having a bab....? Wait... Never mind... I'm asking the wrong person...

iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iSHADOW

LexiCat says:

"Physically you're right.. but in the eyes of love and romance, physics plays no part at all.."

physics plays a part in everything, we are all physically bound.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gottheit

This is just nerdy. I want Ogre to start taunting and pushing that couple around.

Kiara_Sullivan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kiara_Sullivan

-__-

You know its no different from dating someone online.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Resonate says:

"Holly Cross says:
"http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/xbox-live-creates-real-world-life/1199020 I think I'm the only girl who was born without a romantic bone in her body. So can anyone tell me if this is romantic?"
If that's so I may be the only guy without a romantic bone in his body"

I second that.

Avatar image for ronin_alexsnder
ronin alexsnder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ronin alexsnder

i say its very romantic. i would love to meet a girl that enjoys the same thing i do very much. if i ever met a girl that i considered hot that rides a motorcycle i would try very hard to woo her. and i guess id do the same if i met her playing a motorcycle game over xbox live and she shared the same love for bikes as i do.

Assimilation2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Assimilation2

LexiCat says:

perfectly fine. If I here anything about hamlet, I'm of light a bullet.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Apparition

Resonate says:

"Apparition says:
"any story that ends up with people falling in love is at least a little romantic"
I challenge you to that"

i will see your challenge then!

Assimilation2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Assimilation2

iSHADOW says:

"Holly Cross says:
"LexiCat says:
"**Romance..**
do you care to support that claim?"

Dr. Manhattan said it. It has to be real. duh. lol ;P

Assimilation2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Assimilation2

iSHADOW says:

"Holly Cross says:
"LexiCat says:
"**Romance..**

Dr. Manhattan said it. It has to be real. duh. lol ;P

Holly Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Holly Cross

iSHADOW says:

"Holly Cross says:
"LexiCat says:
"**Romance..**

Just check out Dragonball even after Goku died tehy still continued the show

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By warlock360

Apparition says:

Ms. Invisible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47  Edited By Ms. Invisible

I think it's romantic. But then again, this is nothing new. People have been hooking up over video games for quite some time now.

Holly Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Holly Cross

Ms. Invisible says:

"I think it's romantic. But then again, this is nothing new. People have been hooking up over video games for quite some time now."

Yeah but they were into killing each other in the beginning

Exusiai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#49  Edited By Exusiai

LexiCat says:

"**Romance..**

I'm going to have to agree, mainly because Lexi and I met doing something we both love. And through that found well each other.

As for the X-Box thing, It's possible if the two people involved share their love of that "activity" it's all based upon your perception.

And as for happy endings, it's a struggle to find one, I repeatedly say that I had no clue what I was looking for until Lexi slapped me in the face (and yes she literally slapped me in the face for something I deserved). But since then she's won my heart, and given me the honor of earning hers.

I think it's called a happy Ending, because when you find that person you love.... you stop looking, your search Ends.

But thats just the Poet in me.

-Goes to write my girl a poem now-