Is there any superhero stronger then Dr.Manhattan?

30KRobert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i know lots of people say the magical superheros like thor with his gear can squash manhattan but listen to me on this one

here are a few points to consider about Dr.Manhattan's powers

1.he is not limited in any way physical or otherwise (he is an entity much like god)

2.he can manipulate matter to his will (meaning if he wanted he could snap the entire universe or even create a few)

3.he has no weakness or fatigue at any point so he can keep bashing others for decades (apart from tachions but they only effect his time vision)

4.he can see into the past and future

5.there is actually no way to retain him or get control over his location because he can teleport to wherever he chooses

so who (apart from The One Above All) can be a match for this enormously powerful entity?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big G

30KRobert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By 30KRobert

@dondave: who is that? pardon my ignorance haha

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're new to comics, aren't you?

Doctor Manhattan is nothing.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The list is far to long but of the top of my head Captain Atom. I still don't see why people think Manhattan is anything special it's easy to be the most powerful person on the planet when no one else has any powers.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know lots of people say the magical superheros like thor with his gear can squash manhattan but listen to me on this one

here are a few points to consider about Dr.Manhattan's powers

1.he is not limited in any way physical or otherwise (he is an entity much like god)

2.he can manipulate matter to his will (meaning if he wanted he could snap the entire universe or even create a few)

3.he has no weakness or fatigue at any point so he can keep bashing others for decades (apart from tachions but they only effect his time vision)

4.he can see into the past and future

5.there is actually no way to retain him or get control over his location because he can teleport to wherever he chooses

so who (apart from The One Above All) can be a match for this enormously powerful entity?

2. Lol, please post proof that he can do it for the entire universe. Assumptions don't work when you are debating one character vs. another

4. Yes, and? If something is going to kill you no matter what, it doesn't matter if you can see it coming or not

5. He never showed a defense against mental attacks, so mid to high level telepaths should be able to bring him down and keep him contained

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortal777 said:

I still don't see why people think Manhattan is anything special it's easy to be the most powerful person on the planet when no one else has any powers.

This, so much this.

30KRobert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: Iam not that experienced haha but really i've given to it some thought and researched and i can't imagine anyone who can outmatch him so if you have an answer i would love to hear it :D

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer is enough, Galactus would be a mega curbstomp.

30KRobert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By 30KRobert

@the_imperator: that's his most basic power XD , if you mean snapping the universe well he controls matter so what is the difference between a planet and the whole universe?

@immortal777: I am assuming it with every other superhero that exists not just in the watchmen arc/universe whatever its called haha , and how can captain atom defeat dr.manhattan? if he is not limited by a physical form? :O or does atom owns the same powers?

30KRobert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By 30KRobert

@ghostrider2: can't Manhattan just make SS go poof? i mean dissolve him

and again Manhattan is also an entity (he has no physical shape) so what can Galactus possibly do to actually harm him?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Spawn. Captain Atom. Walter West. Professor Zoom. Doctor Doom. Silver Surfer. Galactus. Doctor Fate. Green Lantern. Doctor Alchemy.

Too many to name.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@30krobert: no, i will post again what Manhattan can do, Surfer will do better.They have similar powers except SS has more powers,also his matter manipulation is planetary level.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider2: can't Manhattan just make SS go poof? i mean dissolve him

and again Manhattan is also an entity (he has no physical shape) so what can Galactus possibly do to actually harm him?

You're giving me a headache with your ignorance.

We're talking about a guy who chills with Eternity, Infinity and Death, you think a physical form means anything to him?

Dr.Manhattan is a guy who destroyed a tank and killed Rorschach, that's it, what evidence is there that he could even hang with Silver Surfer or Captain Atom? Let alone f***ing GALACTUS!

He couldn't even stop all of Russia's nukes, and you expect him to fight the big bad G, jesus christ...

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mmmmm, I think Eternity, IG Thanos, Classic Dr Strange and Hancock can hang in there with him. They'd ultimately lose but they'll put up a good fight.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

mmmmm, I think Eternity, IG Thanos, Classic Dr Strange and Hancock can hang in there with him. They'd ultimately lose but they'll put up a good fight.

Your saying that a blue naked man who has very few feats which range from just seing through time and desntagrating a tank can hang with the embodiment of time that can effect the multivers, a immortal titan who has an object that can let him control, time, space, power, the mind, the soul and reality, a wizard who went toe to toe against the judge of all realities. Hancock would die instantly though. But as for all the others. They stomp in infinte ways.

FrozenPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FrozenPhoenix

Actually, I don't think any GL would be able to take on movie Mr. M.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01 said:

What....The.......

Okay, I agee with Hancock losing, but how in the holy hell could someone who couldn't even stop a bunch of nukes possibly beat nigh-omnipotent beings like Eternity, Infinity Gauntlet Thanos and Classic Strange?

Loading Video...

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Imperator

@30krobert said:

@the_imperator: that's his most basic power XD , if you mean snapping the universe well he controls matter so what is the difference between a planet and the whole universe?

A lot. What's the difference between anti-matter particle/particle collisions and anti-matter large amounts collisions? Power. Manhattan may be able to restructure matter over a small area, but that does not mean he can automatically do it over a wider area. Highfather can Warp reality, handwaving away years of people's lives all over a planet, but that alone does not mean he can handwave away decades of time on a universal, or even solar system, level. It is the same with Manhattan: simply being able to manipulate matter does not guarantee that he can do it the best.

As to who can defeat him, Time Lords, who have shown up in Marvel and had stuff that has gone on to be villains/side characters in Captain Britain, can literally one shot beings that make what Manhattan has shown look like fake magic tricks. They utterly rape him, probably locking him up to figure out how stupid ape descended creatures figured out how to have this quaint, mostly harmless power.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superheroes? Not sure. Supervillians?

No Caption Provided

He stomps ^.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bronze_Surfer
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01 said:

Your saying that a blue naked man who has very few feats which range from just seing through time and desntagrating a tank can hang with the embodiment of time that can effect the multivers, a immortal titan who has an object that can let him control, time, space, power, the mind, the soul and reality, a wizard who went toe to toe against the judge of all realities. Hancock would die instantly though. But as for all the others. They stomp in infinte ways.

Dr. Manhattan hasn't failed to make anything disappear yet has he?! This means if he wants, he can come into our world and make YOU go poof.

Nothing could destroy him in his movie which means even IG Thanos is no match for him. Hancock was able to stop a train without budging so I think he has a shot at taking Manhattan down.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

@rudebomberboy01: No he cant. He is a fictional charecter and has not shown any feats of planetary or solar system. Let alone multiversal. IG Thanos is over an infinite above Hancock. He could erase Manhattan from creation. Their is nothing the Dr could do to Thanos, Eternity or Clascic Strange. And this guy could not even stop all of rusias nukes. The reason why no one could put him down is because he is the only being with super powers.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

@rudebomberboy01: No he cant. He is a fictional charecter and has not shown any feats of planetary or solar system. Let alone multiversal. IG Thanos is over an infinite above Hancock. He could erase Manhattan from creation. Their is nothing the Dr could do to Thanos, Eternity or Clascic Strange. And this guy could not even stop all of rusias nukes. The reason why no one could put him down is because he is the only being with super powers.

Squirrel Girl.

Damn, is my trolling that good or are Dr. Manhattan fanboys this bad?

I'm just trolling dude. Surfer is enough to take Manhattan down.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sigh* more stupid, pointless wanking of Manhattan.....

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer:

lol

He must be trolling. I refuse to believe he's being serious.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer said:

Squirrel Girl.

Damn, is my trolling that good or are Dr. Manhattan fanboys this bad?

I'm just trolling dude. Surfer is enough to take Manhattan down.

I was so tempted to flag this thread lol. Only because Manhattan would godstomp everybody and shove TOAA up Stan Lee's ass. Right? hur dur

And yes, they're that bad. :p

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dratini1331

I don't think he anything against Magic Either, so magic takes him as well as all the previously mentioned characters, right? At least mid and up mages.

Also, @30krobert Galactus has plenty more than just hitting someone on his ability list. Galactus just face rolls most people, including Manhattan.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 juiceboks  Moderator

@immortal777: I am assuming it with every other superhero that exists not just in the watchmen arc/universe whatever its called haha , and how can captain atom defeat dr.manhattan? if he is not limited by a physical form? :O or does atom owns the same powers?

This dude said what's the difference between a planet and a universe..

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@30krobert said:

This dude said what's the difference between a planet and a universe..

About several dozen orders of magnitude ;) :P

X_insignia1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

too many, he's nothing compares to most herald level characters and above in marvel, and DC. You poor child.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sideslash

The Doctor (from The Authority).

ferventking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ferventking

@30krobert: Manhattan was projected to be not able to stop all the bombs, which other high level characters could do with ease.

luny123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@30krobert: there are many characters in dc tht surpass him the spectre would.give him a run for hia money if not simply erase him from existence. Another would be living tribunal,the one above all ,the precense, the beyonder, definitely lucifer and michael the lsit goes on reason is because unlike dr manhattan they a proven to be abble to be omnipotent able to creat life and simple make it vanished for instanse in dc universe its said the only person able to destron lucifer and michael is them or the one above all so im sure tht covers it .

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Noone301994
No Caption Provided

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By VenomousTaco

The low-balling of Manhattan here is almost as bad as the nut-hugging. Almost...

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@30krobert: I don't wanna sound antagonizing, but Welcome to the Wonderful World of ComicVine, a place where implied power means nothing and all the power is in solid, on-panel feats!

Dr Manhattan isn't really held in high regard just because he's done nothing to suggest he can be on the level of, say, Captain Atom who imo is much more powerful than him.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robin could take him in a good fight.

Darryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Darryl

Im pretty sure if thanos had the IG he can come up with something to take him out. If he has hotu its a done deal

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Etheral_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Etheral_Dreams

You're new to comics, aren't you?

Doctor Manhattan is nothing.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bluejay4 said:

Robin could take him in a good fight.

Lol.

@venomoustaco: *sees date*

Wow I feel dumb...

Well you're smarter than most of the people on this thread, so there's something.

:-)

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#47  Edited By amazing_webhead

Squirrel Girl

Bones309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Me? (gulps)

Lol. I'm meant no harm. It was just an observation. Unfortunately it seems like most people who know about Doctor Manhattan either underrate him or overrate him to insane levels. That's all I was referring to.

:-)