Is there any DCEU film currently worth watching?

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lilChopChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lilChopChop

Has DCEU already ran its course? Still worth a look?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Man of Steel and Wonder Woman are both fantastic movies, better than most MCU movies.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: all of the linked articles based on the titles are either obviously minority opinion based or had long been debunked. If you looking to cause drama like captainsalt is doing, you are achieving worse results.

That said, for OP all the DCEU films are worth watching as popcorn flicks

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardcranium: So it isn't a fact the DCEUs first five movies out grossed the MCUs? I'm pretty sure it is. Feel free to post the numbers.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I smell an alt.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: "So it isn't a fact the DCEUs first five movies out grossed the MCUs? I'm pretty sure it is. Feel free to post the numbers."

This statement is different from "DCEU first five films being more successful compared to MCU first five films."

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardcranium: So it is a fact then? Everything else is just a matter of opinion. I for one think Man of Steel is better than any MCU movie, but the FACT is the DCEU did out gross the MCU over an equal period of movies, don't really care if you disagree with that as you can post the numbers yourself.

lilChopChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:

@richardcranium: So it isn't a fact the DCEUs first five movies out grossed the MCUs? I'm pretty sure it is. Feel free to post the numbers.

The thing is nobody cares. Because common sense tells you comic films weren't as big back when MCU phase one started, the MCU started without it's a-list, and Avengers 1 broke records. Unlike DC who introduced the DCEU in the prime of cbms, started with all of it's biggest heroes, and the first ever JL movie flopped. Which proves the momentum is gone. fresh out the gate DC had the biggest comic film fail of all time.

Wrathofthebrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman is good, other than that was just Man of Steel ok.

lilChopChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:

@richardcranium: So it is a fact then? Everything else is just a matter of opinion. I for one think Man of Steel is better than any MCU movie, but the FACT is the DCEU did out gross the MCU over an equal period of movies, don't really care if you disagree with that as you can post the numbers yourself.

JL flopping proving any momentum DC had is gone is not a matter of opinion.

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: I am saying its a fact that outgross does not mean more successful - which you stealthily try to masquerade opinion as fact.

You did not consider production budget and expectations. Mind you all of these are not opinion based.

To play your logic to its conclusion, the Blair Witch Project is less successful compared to Waterworld.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: not MOS and better than most would mean over 50% and thats like 10 movies. I can only think of 2 that WW is better than

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223: I disagree. I think if Man of Steel were in the MCU, it would most definitely be in the top 5 movies. Wonder Woman would probably make my top 8.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

MoS was good, Wonder Woman was awesome. I also really enjoyed BVS, but i understand why it is so controversial.

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardcranium: hmmm re-reading the articles again, I am proven right. The article talks about successful based on just box office as a metric which is logically and objectively very flawed.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

lilChopChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: I respectfully disagree because that would mean MOS is better than Thor ragnorok, Spiderman Homecoming, Avengers, Avengers Infinity War, Winter Soilder, Civil War, Iron Man, Black Panther and Guardians of the Galaxy And MOS is better than None of those.

lilChopChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilchopchop said:
@theamazingspidey said:

@lilchopchop: watch Wonder Woman.

WW is the worse for me. It's SS bad. If that's the best DCEU has to offer.....

What? i thought you said you havent seen them?

I've seen bits and pieces. online bootlegs mostly. I'm asking are any of them still worth watching. Or is the DCEU dead already.

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: your false facts. You mean the first 5 MCU movies that paved the way for the DCEU to create its own universe after viewing their success? Like Iron Man was released in 08 and MoS released in 2013? You want to go line by line? MoS came out in 2013, same as Iron Man 3. Stomp. Then BvS came out in 2016, same as Civil War. Stomp. Suicide Squad came out in 2016 as well, a rip off of GotG in 2014 which GotG won as well. WW came out in 2017. Outgrossed by GoTG 2, Spiderman, and Thor. Let’s not even talk Justice League lmao.

Give it up.

Snowpiercer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder woman was the only movie I thought was really good, I'll be waiting for the new aquaman movie coming up next. Man of steel was kinda meh for me.

Codee01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only liked MoS (Heard Nolan had a leash on him) and Ww. Thank goodness the Zack era is over. Looking forward AM because of James Wan.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hasn't lilChopChop alt been done before?Anyway all the movies were watchable at the very least and better than some no names that I cant think at the top of my head.If I were to choose than probably Mos and ww. Though the ww ending kind of sucked.They should have brought comic book monster looking ares.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For all it’s faults, I liked suicide squaaaaaad

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh ? my ? god ? people ? stop ? replying ? to ? this ? guy’s ? posts

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomkatie said:

oh ? my ? god ? people ? stop ? replying ? to ? this ? guy’s ? posts

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920: I love how you state false facts and then proceed not to disprove a single one lmao.

Yes, the DCEUs first five movies outgrossed the MCUs, do what you need to to reason with that. Pretty sure cbms were already hot because of DCs Batman so basically your whole post was a fail.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: yes, DC’s first 5 movies outgrossed Marvel’s first 5. But that’s a skewed fact, Billy. The DCEU started half a decade after. And no, nobody cared about CBMs before the inception of the MCU with the exception of Batman and Spider-Man who are the most popular heroes by far. You say I failed, like I said. Let’s go line by line. After the first Avengers movie the MCU movies leave all DCEU movies in the dust in the box office. Disprove me. Let’s go year by year line by line.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920: I've already presented facts and you tried to counter with "alternative facts" and failed miserably. My point was and still is that the first five DCEU movies performed better financially than the MCUs, and that is a fact. Your head canon and beliefs on why that is means nothing to the numbers. I don't know what your point is?

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:

@mr_shazam0920: I love how you state false facts and then proceed not to disprove a single one lmao.

Yes, the DCEUs first five movies outgrossed the MCUs, do what you need to to reason with that. Pretty sure cbms were already hot because of DCs Batman so basically your whole post was a fail.

So you had no reply for my argument? Your posted links are trying to portray that DCEU's first 5 films are more successful than MCU's first 5 films. This is patently different from DCEU's first 5 films outgrossing MCU's first 5 films.

Your repeating that the first 5 DCEU films had higher grosses doesn't change the fact that they are less successful when you consider things as a whole.

@mr_shazam0920 Keep in mind this is former banned user manonthemountain, who is basically CaptainSalt in the reverse direction.

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:

@mr_shazam0920: I've already presented facts and you tried to counter with "alternative facts" and failed miserably. My point was and still is that the first five DCEU movies performed better financially than the MCUs, and that is a fact. Your head canon and beliefs on why that is means nothing to the numbers. I don't know what your point is?

Performed better financially is not the same as outgrossing. Apparently you don't learn a single thing when users debunked your points again and again when you were still using your previous manonthemountain account.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: LMAO yes. They did. They performed better than the 1st 5 movies that came out YEARS prior who had built the foundation on how to be successful CBMs.

You’re talking numbers and “headcannon” when you’re debating against the highest grossing movie franchise in history... A franchise with multi BILLION dollar grossing movies. You’re trying to argue financial success. Especially in a year like 2017 and now in 2018 where the MCU has literally launched box office juggernauts.

I’m being trolled. Lmao. That’s it. Good job, dude. I didn’t even realize it.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardcranium: I didn't need to reply to your argument as your disagreeing with facts. They out grossed them and performed better five for five, post the numbers.

My points have yet to be debunked but keep trying.

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RichardCranium

@motm: no. You are illogic again

Ignoring the Incredible Hulk, MCU first five films actually outgross the DCEU.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MoTM

@mr_shazam0920: Was there a concession in that nonsense you just posted?

Everything I said still stands lol, you literally didn't disprove a single thing.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardcranium: Lmao, oh so just ignore the Increidble Hulk then? Not how it works mate. Pretty sure it's still canon in the MCU.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: Trolololol

Yes Mr MOTM. The DCEU has been an incredible success both in the box office and critically.

There is no other comic book movie franchise that can even compare.

Diana decapitates.

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: you insisted on comparing first five films. So i insisted on comparing Justice League with Avengers. Its the fairest way to compare.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardcranium: Lmao, now you're making a completely different point than the one you were initially.

So I'm still correct then? Thought so.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: I’m not going to feed the troll. You stated a fact. That the first 5 films outgrossed the MCU’s. Yes. That’s factual. But how about this. What was the point you tried to put across by saying that?

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: i was about to tire of your trolling but I am bored to derive one or two logical question on your statement. You insist DCEU performed better five on five.

Based on your definition. Did Waterworld performed better on the box office compared to Blair Witch Project? Answer this.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MoTM

@mr_shazam0920: I state a fact with links and citations, you attack me with head canon and straw mans and I'm trolling? Right lmao.

My point was and still is that the DCEU made more money than the MCU over the same period of movies, and that is true?

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: nope its still the same points. We are still comparing the first five films aren't we? Avengers by a definition is MCU's fifth film for comparing with DCEU's Justice League

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: and what you don’t understand is that there is context behind those numbers. And a reason why they grossed more. Not that it is a superior product.

You’re a troll. Either that or you’re 14 years old and need something to do to occupy your time. I hope that you really get through whatever it is you’re going through.

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_shazam0920: I hope you are doing this on your free time, as I did with this troll.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richardcranium: I don't insist I link facts confirming they did.

I can't answer your question as I don't know the box office figures of Waterworld or Blair Witch, and am failing to see the point you're attempting to make?

The Avengers is not the fifth film it's the sixth, sorry bud you can't just "ignore" the Incredible Hulk lmao, as much as I'm sure you wish it didn't exist it does indeed exist and started the MCU along with Iron Man. You're disagreeing with facts again.