• 169 results
Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#151 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11113 posts) - - Show Bio

@megacityone: Careful, mate. Your negative IQ is starting to reveal itself ;)

#152 Posted by incursion2 (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

Commented in this thread already, but SB should be able to pierce superman. Diana's sword and Arthur's trident can pierce him, as stated by snyder. SB should have no trouble cutting him then

#153 Posted by Subline (7779 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone:

Stormbreaker can pierce Thanos. Thanos is more durable than Vision (We know this because of how easily Thanos took the Mind Stone from Vision).

Wut.....

#154 Posted by xZone (10334 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline:

No Caption Provided

Clearly Thanos is more durable than Vision

X

#155 Posted by Amonfire1776 (3005 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to repeat...Wonder Woman's magical sword chopping up Doomsday (who is stronger than Superman and shrugged off bullets and a nuke) demonstrates that Kryptonians are clearly weak to magical piercing which bypasses their normal durabily...

#156 Posted by Subline (7779 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: I'm aware the feat you're talking about, but that seems more like Thanos' Strength rather than Durability.

#157 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11113 posts) - - Show Bio

DCEU Kryptonians aren't weak to magic. Cease the headcanon. Lmao.

#158 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11113 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:

@xzone: I'm aware the feat you're talking about, but that seems more like Thanos' Strength rather than Durability.

He's depicted and portrayed as Vision's superior.

#159 Posted by Subline (7779 posts) - - Show Bio

He's depicted and portrayed as Vision's superior. Besides, the feat in question is as much durability feat as it is strength feat 'cause y'know "every action has an equal opposite reaction".

GG

#160 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11113 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline: Dammit, I deleted that part. Screw you. REEEEE.

#161 Posted by Darkthunder (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: it is magic wether you like it or not.

It is an anti feat for DD.

Power stone can bust planet. Can a nuke? And he wasn't weakened at all he seemed to hold his own against DD.

#162 Edited by Scipio123 (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkthunder:

Power stone can bust planet.

Planetary-level Bucky confirmed.

#163 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11113 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkthunder: That's not how it works, lol. The statement you issued forth has no basis, you're the one who needs to prove that the DCEU Kryptonians are weak against magic therefore the onus is still on you.

It is an anti feat for DD.

No, it is not.

Power stone can bust planet.

So you're saying Thor tanked a planet busting attack, lol? The attack potency of the power gem was far lesser than your average nuke in the scene you're referring to, judging by its DC. Besides, the power stone's effects are proportional with the target's size as confirmed back in the first GoTG movie.. kinda kills the whole planetary durability thing, eh?

Can a nuke?

Why, you don't know the answer to that question? Not surprising.

Edit:

And he wasn't weakened at all he seemed to hold his own against DD.

1. He was beaten into a bloody pulp with Kryptonite.
  2. The Scar was still there on his face.
  3. The Sun was absent otherwise said scar would've healed - an indication of being weakened.
  4. He was knocked out by a weaker Doomsy for 62 seconds, via being thrown into a building, not even punched - another indication of being weakened.

.....But.....

After the nuke scene, or when the sun fully healed his body meaning he was back at full power, he preformed a hell of a lot better against a much more physically enchained Doomsday which indicates that he was indeed depleted prior to the nuke scene/their first encounter or else he would've gotten squashed by post-Nuke Doomsday. He's a solar battery for heaven's sake, when your phone's battery is down to 60%, it doesn't magically power itself up, right? You need to plug it in. Superman is the battery, the sun is the charger, you do the math.

#164 Posted by Darkthunder (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkthunder: That's not how it works, lol. The statement you issued forth has no basis, you're the one who needs to prove that the DCEU Kryptonians are weak against magic therefore the onus is still on you.

so you want to say that DD,a stronger and a more durable Kryptonian than superman was Pierced by a normal sword? A monster that tanked 30 mm bullets cannot be pierced by a normal sword lol. You are the one who clearly needs to prove if krypts are not vulnerable to magic then how was DD maimed by ww.

No, it is not.

plz tell me how you declare it's an anti feat for DD or not. I am new to this site. I assigned it as an anti feat as the sword cut DD but failed to cut steppenwolf or his axe.

So you're saying Thor tanked a planet busting attack, lol? The attack potency of the power gem was far lesser than your average nuke in the scene you're referring to, judging by its DC. Besides, the power stone's effects are proportional with the target's size as confirmed back in the first GoTG movie.. kinda kills the whole planetary durability thing, eh?

and superman was half dead by the nuke. And koed by the explosion in MOS while Thor was koed by a city destruction.

Why you don't know the answer to that question? Not surprising.

I know the answer to that question. I wondered wether you knew it or not.

Edit:

And he wasn't weakened at all he seemed to hold his own against DD.

1. He was beaten into a bloody pulp with Kryptonite.
  2. The Scar was still there on his face.
  3. The Sun was absent otherwise said scar would've healed - an indication of being weakened.
  4. He was knocked out by a weaker Doomsy for 62 seconds, via being thrown into a building, not even punched - another indication of being weakened.
  5. what I was trying to say was that he retained all his powers and he didn't have his powers when he was weakened by kryptonite.

.....But.....

After the nuke scene, or when the sun fully healed his body meaning he was back at full power, he preformed a hell of a lot better against a much more physically enchained Doomsday which indicates that he was indeed depleted prior to the nuke scene/their first encounter or else he would've gotten squashed by post-Nuke Doomsday. He's a solar battery for heaven's sake, when your phone's battery is down to 60%, it doesn't magically power itself up, right? You need to plug it in. Superman is the battery, the sun is the charger, you do the math.

nope he performed the same even with the trinity at his side

#165 Posted by MinlerDemon (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes very easy.

#166 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11113 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkthunder:

plz tell me how you declare it's an anti feat for DD or not.

Are you asking me to spoon feed you? Really? Bruh..

I am new to this site.

Don't really care, no offense intended.

I assigned it as an anti feat as the sword cut DD but failed to cut steppenwolf or his axe.

First of all, it's been confirmed that it can pierce Kryptonian skin 'cause it's that powerful not 'cause of its magical nature which seems to be the very pedestal of your argument, you're like saying Thanos is weak to metal objects because he was cut with titanium, lmao. Second, Steppenwolf was wearing an armor, and she did actually cut through the armor (the final scene). The only time she failed to cut him was because she was in a difficult/bad position. Try and swing a sword while climbing a wall.

and superman was half dead by the nuke.

And weakened.

And koed by the explosion in MOS

Are you referring to the oil rig explosion, lol? He was weaker, boy you sure love to omit context, be it intentionally or not. Thor, on the other hand, was harmed by a piece of concrete thrown at him, fazed by a slap from a human being which is clearly more pathetic, right buddy?

while Thor was koed by a city destruction.

He was K.O'ed by a small portion of the Sokovia explosion (he wasn't anywhere near close to the epic center) while Superman was literally right there at the epic center of a 400 kt bomb which is more than enough to wreck Sokovia, a landmass that had an extremely weak structural integrity, if it's embedded inside of the said landmass.

what I was trying to say was that he retained all his powers and he didn't have his powers when he was weakened by kryptonite.

See? Now you're just putting my words in my mouth, quote the part where I said he was powerless when he took the nuke? I didn't make any mentions of that, and I don't think you're fully understanding my argumentative stance here either. My point is that he was just depleted, or not at 100%. I've never claimed that he was nigh-powerless or powerless.

Edit:

nope he performed the same even with the trinity at his side

So getting knocked out by base Doomsday for a minute who's exceptionally weaker than Post-Nuke Doomsday, is what you consider a "better performance"? No wonder why your train of thought is such a mess. However, you're basically in denial at this point, you didn't refute a single point that I made in my prior posts. He was obviously weakened, to what extent? We don't know, but he was weakened and that's all that matters.

#167 Posted by Darkthunder (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: give me an official statement saying that it can pierce Kryptonian skin because it's that 'powerful'. It's that powerful means nothing. Stormbreaker is also powerful enough to kill thanos. SB is powerful because it was enchanted. So do you want to say superman can tank a nuke only at his 100% power? And also it doesn't matter how much area something affects. Heat of a star can destroy an area on earth very easily but can it destroy the whole earth? No right. What matters is Thor tanked the explosion. Weaker superman? What are you talking about? Plz tell me how he was weaker? He was inexperienced allright. But that doesn't mean that his strength or durability is any different. Yeah Thor was harmed but doesn't mean he was koed or killed

And that's what matters. Superman performed the same way pre nuke and post nuke

#168 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11113 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkthunder:

give me an official statement saying that it can pierce Kryptonian skin because it's that 'powerful'.

Unfortunately I don't have the quote on me atm but the director did not make a single mention of it piercing Kryptonian skin due to its magical nature hence the "because it's that powerful" part, and let's not pretend for one second that you actually have any official evidence or statement that validates the idea of the DCEU Kryptonians having a magic weakness. Thus, I'm afraid I cannot relieve you of the onus, not until you present evidence that confirms your initial statement, and don't even think of playing the burden of proof reversal with me.

It's that powerful means nothing.

Lol, what?

Stormbreaker is also powerful enough to kill thanos.

Superman is ridiculously more durable than Thanos. Moot point.

SB is powerful because it was enchanted.

Who cares.

So do you want to say superman can tank a nuke only at his 100% power?

My gawd.. I never said, or even implied anything of the sort. You're just putting my words in my mouth... that's all you seem to be doing here, mate.

And also it doesn't matter how much area something affects.

Who's even talking about this, pray tell?

Heat of a star can destroy an area on earth very easily but can it destroy the whole earth? No right.

No. Thor survived the heat of an old neutron star which is ironically lesser than the heat of a nuke, and not mention there was almost no concussive force present during that scene so what's your point? It's an impressive heat-resistance feat.

What matters is Thor tanked the explosion.

He didn't tank crap, he was knocked out cold from a very small portion of the said explosion. Hell, in the subsequent events (referring to TDW), he was cut (as in bleeding) and wobbled by a 100 ton boulder thrown at him, which is pretty damn weak compared to what Superman withstood physically.

Weaker superman? What are you talking about? Plz tell me how he was weaker? He was inexperienced allright.

You're still omitting context, lol. He was younger, couldn't fly ergo less powerful, less durable, weaker. Why? Because that's how his physiology works, even in the comics.

But that doesn't mean that his strength or durability is any different.

Yes it does. Do you even know how his powers function, lol? The longer he stays on Earth the stronger, more durable and more powerful he gets due to our sun, Jor-El quite literally confirmed this back during MoS. I shouldn't have to explain this to you, it's pretty damn crystal-clear. My god...

Yeah Thor was harmed but doesn't mean he was koed or killed

"Harmed by a piece of concrete" would mean that he would get killed by a nuke. It's quite funny how when Superman gets hurt by lower things it's somehow consistent with his over power level, but when Thor gets harmed by concrete or shit like that is just a low end and shouldn't be counted as a legit feat. This simply shows the blatant double standards you're using to argue for Thor, hell you're not even trying to hide it which is even more hilarious XD

Edit:

And that's what matters. Superman performed the same way pre nuke and post nuke

How? Goddammit, explain instead of saying "NO". That's not an argument whatsoever. That's something called denial, and it's jeopardizing your credibility. Anyways, let me rephrase it for ya:

Pre-Nuke scene:

1. Weaker Doomsday nigh-effortlessly stops a bullrush from Superman.
  2. Weaker Doomsday punches Superman into a couple of concrete pillars.
  3. Superman is dazed, almost out of consciousness.
  4. The weaker Doomsday then grabs Superman and throws him into a building.
  5. Superman doesn't appear until a minute later. He was basically knocked out.

Post-Nuke scene:

1. Superman blitzes the crap outta much more durable Doomsday at massively hypersonic speeds.
  2. And then proceeds to engage the latter in a epic brawl.
  3. Tanks Doomsday's FTS punches, and kicks, shrugs them off.
  4. Tanks a massive beating, and is still standing, not even dazed.
  5. Ends up killing Doomsday with a K-spear.

...plus the other points that I brought up earlier which you didn't bother to counter. Now with that having been said, tell me which one do you think is a better performance in your eff up perspective? Sigh..

#169 Edited by Darkthunder (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebestofthebest: even if the director didn't give an official statement it's an anti feat for DD. Because Diana couldn't pierce steppenwolf watch the scene again.also harmed by concrete doesn't mean you will get killed by a nuke both are different durability types

#170 Posted by MetalJimmor (6407 posts) - - Show Bio

My question is why are people calling Stormbreaker a piercing weapon? It's an axe. It cuts, not pierces.

Penetration would be a more correct word for it.