• 169 results
#1 Posted by GXrevs06 (4585 posts) - - Show Bio

Curious. There seems to be a consensus that SB can one shot Clark. What is the basis, if any, for it being able to pierce Clark's kryptonian skin? The only other piece of flesh I remember it cutting was Thanos', but I would have figured that was questionable as his skin was pierced by a slug from Iron Man, who by feats, doesn't strike hard hard enough to piece Clark's skin

#2 Posted by kgb725 (18750 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Richubs (4210 posts) - - Show Bio

No there is not.

It isn't cutting Clark's skin when a nothing has ever cut his skin other than things which are related to Kryptonians.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#4 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11151 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Edited by ourmanuel (11388 posts) - - Show Bio

You have two options:

A) accept that SB pierced through the ships that tanked re-entry and the wakandan military’s attacks.

B) accept that it was his lightning that actually penetrated it, in which case SB would scale above it, both with and without a lightning cover.

So yeah, Thor has re-entry level penetrations with stormbreaker.

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
#6 Posted by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

No there is not.

It isn't cutting Clark's skin when a nothing has ever cut his skin other than things which are related to Kryptonians.

Beware: The NLF.

#7 Posted by Richubs (4210 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhopullsthestrings:

Not even close to that.

I never claimed nothing can cut him but things more capable than Stormbreaker have not.

#8 Posted by tethadam (228 posts) - - Show Bio

It can cut Superman because its a cutting weapon.

#9 Posted by FaradaySloth (9293 posts) - - Show Bio

Stormbreaker can’t cut anyone in DCEU

#10 Posted by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

Not even close to that.

I never claimed nothing can cut him but things more capable than Stormbreaker have not.

"Things more capable of stormbreaker have not"?

Excuse me? What is more capable than the blade made from the material of a dying star? I must have missed that one.

#11 Posted by DammeFavour (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhopullsthestrings: lol....and what feat does that blade have that put it on the level of things that have failed to pierce him?

So yeah stormbreaker hasn't shown the capability, you can't just imagine it's capable of doing something it hasn't done.

#12 Posted by DammeFavour (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. It has no basis, only people reaching to equalize it to Diana's sword because they're both 'god' weapons. But apparently that same logic doesn't work when it involves steppenwolf's axe

#13 Posted by Nucleon (3198 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

Not even close to that.

What are those things that are more capable than StormBreaker?

#14 Posted by Richubs (4210 posts) - - Show Bio

It could've been forged anywhere but until and unless Stormbreaker gets some feats to suggest it can cut Clark it's not happening

#15 Edited by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (2746 posts) - - Show Bio

@richubs said:

It could've been forged anywhere but until and unless Stormbreaker gets some feats to suggest it can cut Clark it's not happening

It cut Thanos, could have killed him. If you don't want that, then I suggest you don't use Doomsday as a feat for Wonder Woman's sword, because that is the only feat for piercing. I also suggest you factor out Steppenwolf almost completely, etc.

You see where this is going?

Also - why do you only discount it this way? Superman doesn't have a feat of piercing resistance beyond the basic run of the mill, which we can at least all agree on - this is beyond. Neither of these arguments should be valid, it is unreasonable. His skin is far tougher than that, and Stormbreaker if even tougher still.

#16 Posted by Emanresu_20 (2839 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people discredit SB going through the IG beam?

Cant catch someone off guard if you already attacked them and THEY SHOOT AT YOU FIRST.

#17 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12539 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe it should cut him..he’s suppose to be invulnerable, not invincible. It’s really just speculation tho, as I really don’t have anything to back that up. Only time I remember Clark being cut is when Kryptonite was in play. I do think Stormbreaker can hurt Clark tho with the blunt end, but as far as getting cut by it?.. Difficult to say either way.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#18 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor can cut and damage him, but not completely in half.

#19 Posted by SocaJunkie (8405 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn’t that hard: has DCEU Superman got cutting resistance feats to suggest he can take Stormbreaker’s potency whilst taking into account what SB has already cut through?

If yes then no it can’t cut him, if not then yes it can cut him.

#20 Posted by DammeFavour (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@emanresu_20: because it was made from the same material as the gauntlet. Mjolnir would have done the same thing

#21 Posted by DammeFavour (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@theonewhopullsthestrings: lol...it cut Thanos who has what feats against piercing? Iron man cut him, he's only been shown to tank rifle bullets vs doomsday that has taken 30mm rounds and tanked a nuke.

Cutting doomsday would be much harder than cutting Thanos

#22 Edited by GXrevs06 (4585 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@gxrevs06: When did IM pierce thanos

Tony punched him in the mouth and split his lip.

@ourmanuel said:

You have two options:

A) accept that SB pierced through the ships that tanked re-entry and the wakandan military’s attacks.

B) accept that it was his lightning that actually penetrated it, in which case SB would scale above it, both with and without a lightning cover.

Clark has already tanked reentry level damage, so that is not really saying much at all

@theonewhopullsthestrings said:

It cut Thanos, could have killed him. If you don't want that, then I suggest you don't use Doomsday as a feat for Wonder Woman's sword, because that is the only feat for piercing. I also suggest you factor out Steppenwolf almost completely, etc.

I don't understand why Thanos is the measuring strict in this example. Why does "cutting Thanos" automatically mean it can cut Clark, especially when the latter has toucher skin by feats.?

#23 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5632 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#24 Posted by Richubs (4210 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday no sold a nuke like it was nothing and is a Kryptonian upgraded.

It's a feat for WW's sword.

Clark has had better durability feats in general than Thanos.

Like much better.

And Stormbreaker didn't go deep into Thanos it isn't cutting Clark

#25 Posted by Amcu (16643 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no consensus.

Generally the best arguments I've seen are that it cut Thanos who was undamaged by Cap's Wakandan shields which are blades. A lot of people think that those shields don't cut things but if you actually watch closely you will see that they cut everyone they came across other than Thanos. And are obviously bladed just looking at them. Which means that Thanos could no sell Vibranium blades without being scratched which is good piercing durability.

Iron man cutting Thanos is used as a low showing with no reasonable basis whatsoever. Unless someone can prove that Iron Man's striking is weak or that there is some reason he shouldn't have cut Thanos than its not a low showing. Iron Man is simply more powerful than you want to believe.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#26 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7328 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: actually Caps shields didn't scratch Corvus as well

#27 Posted by Heatforce (6150 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it could but like with Thanos, unless Thor hits a vital spot then he's boned because Clark has proven pain tolerance from being weakened (world engine). If it's a bright sunny day then Thor had better aim for the head.

#28 Posted by Amcu (16643 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: actually Caps shields didn't scratch Corvus as well

Actually it did. A decent bit of blood came off his face.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It may not have cut him severely but I think that's due to the design of the shield. If you look at it the point is very small.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This is why it didn't cut deep holes into most of the people it came in contact with. But it did cut them.

#29 Posted by ourmanuel (11388 posts) - - Show Bio
@gxrevs06 said:
@ourmanuel said:

You have two options:

Clark has already tanked reentry level damage, so that is not really saying much at all

Yeah, that’s my point.

And stormbreaker is casually>>reentry level objects.

not to mention, the ship would have undergone way more stress than Clark did due to having more mass.

#30 Posted by Johndeyvido (242 posts) - - Show Bio

SB can definitely cut him since it cut Thanos after going through an infinity stones beam that's better than WW sword has done.

Doomsday didn't tank the nuke, he has that specific powerset of absorbing energy.

#31 Edited by Emanresu_20 (2839 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour:

Storm breaker was directly stated to be the most powerful Asguardian Weapon creates. Comparing it to Mjolnir isn’t advised.

And yeah it’s metal was durable enough to withstand the blast. That’s why the Gauntlet was made to be strong enough to hand the Stones. But then comes the power required to overpower the IG.

The powerstone alone is moon to planet Level.

#32 Edited by DammeFavour (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@emanresu_20: of course it is a more powerful weapon than mjolnir, it comes with one sharp edge and can summon the bifrost but it is still Uru.

Not because it's durable enough, it was used because it could harness the power of the gems kinda like ronan's universal weapon could harness the power of the power stone.

Sure the power stone can level the surface of a planet but the blast used in that specific scene was nothing special based on the fact that it was a surprise attack and the blowback did nothing to the surrounding area

#33 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

On the basis of he has never faced a piercing weapon with even a fraction of Stormbreaker's power

#34 Posted by Emanresu_20 (2839 posts) - - Show Bio

@DammeFavour:

When was it stated that’s how it went through the blast. All the Tusso’s said was that it went through because Astro made it...

That and it completely destroyed Titans moon. Also Thanos shot the Blast BEFORE Thor threw Stormbreaker so how was this a surprise attack?

What doest the blow back have anything to do with this?

#35 Edited by ThunderPrince (6968 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

There is no consensus.

Generally the best arguments I've seen are that it cut Thanos who was undamaged by Cap's Wakandan shields which are blades. A lot of people think that those shields don't cut things but if you actually watch closely you will see that they cut everyone they came across other than Thanos. And are obviously bladed just looking at them. Which means that Thanos could no sell Vibranium blades without being scratched which is good piercing durability.

Iron man cutting Thanos is used as a low showing with no reasonable basis whatsoever. Unless someone can prove that Iron Man's striking is weak or that there is some reason he shouldn't have cut Thanos than its not a low showing. Iron Man is simply more powerful than you want to believe.

#36 Posted by GXrevs06 (4585 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, that’s my point.

And stormbreaker is casually>>reentry level objects.

not to mention, the ship would have undergone way more stress than Clark did due to having more mass.

Clark's durability is way above reentry level, clearly.

#37 Posted by Gaoron (8794 posts) - - Show Bio

On the basis of Superman never tanking anything on SB level of piercing and on the basis of DCEU piercing weapons being fodder like Steppenwolf failing to pierce a horse. And Thanos > fodder horse.

Avatar image for theevolutionary
#38 Posted by TheEvolutionary (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't SB magic?

#39 Posted by thor321 (1916 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for theevolutionary
#40 Posted by TheEvolutionary (369 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321:

So.....yes?

I mean Stormbreaker wasn't made in Asgard and wasn't enchanted by Odin.

Avatar image for carminedcmarvel
#41 Posted by CarmineDcMarvel (322 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone quantify why DD was able to pierce Supes? Would you say it’s because he’s kryptonian? Because I’m almost positive DDs arm was not equivalent to BM’s Krypto spear. I believe DD just hit Supes with a great enough force to pierce him. But We have 0 proof on why DD was able to pierce Superman so I’m not gonna make a crazy reach with scaling here. I also don’t believe there’s a real answer to this due to the fact that we’ve only seen Superman be PIERCED by DD and we’ve only seen Thanos PIERCED by SB. Thanos’s cut from Tony affects his BLUNT FORCE durability.... not his piercing durability. Both characters proved to have tremendous durability, being completely bulletproof and tanking hits from ships, hulk-level characters, etc.

#42 Posted by Emperorb777 (11112 posts) - - Show Bio

@carminedcmarvel: Kryptonite was literally right in Superman's hand, ofcourse DD was able to pierce his chest, the radiation weaken kryptonians. It's literally explained in BvS.

#43 Posted by TheGrat1 (474 posts) - - Show Bio

@gaoron said:

On the basis of Superman never tanking anything on SB level of piercing and on the basis of DCEU piercing weapons being fodder like Steppenwolf failing to pierce a horse. And Thanos > fodder horse.

@gaoron said:

And what is Stormbreaker's level of piercing?

When did Stepp try to cut a horse?

#44 Posted by Scipio123 (629 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu:

Generally the best arguments I've seen are that it cut Thanos who was undamaged by Cap's Wakandan shields which are blades. A lot of people think that those shields don't cut things but if you actually watch closely you will see that they cut everyone they came across other than Thanos. And are obviously bladed just looking at them.

Also worth remembering that even Cap's original shield (which had a far blunter edge than those blades) has damn impressive piercing feats:

No Caption Provided

Same Ultron was no-selling mini-gun fire:

No Caption Provided

In this context, the fact that Cap's blade not only failed to pierce Thanos, but also snapped off (which shows how hard Steve was hitting) is damn impressive.

#45 Posted by Gaoron (8794 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGrat1: High enough to pierce Thanos right before overpowering full IG blast in the same throw.

It wasn't horse but amazons, my bad. Still Thanos > no name amazons.

#46 Posted by incursion2 (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was said somewhere that Dianas sword and Arthurs trident can pierce Superman? If so I think Stormbreaker should be able to.

#47 Posted by CarmineDcMarvel (322 posts) - - Show Bio

@incursion2: yup, https://screenrant.com/justice-league-movie-badass-aquaman-snyder/?_gl=1*ymu3ho*_ga*YW1wLWpKVGViT09LUmczZ1BvMUFoX2x1VS14dUloNnl2RGhFaWNDeTVNa01jTGNQd3I0QmFUckJ2NDkxdnNYenllOVk.

#48 Edited by CarmineDcMarvel (322 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorb777: correct. I feel as if just holding the spear shouldn’t weaken him, but I think back to when he retrieved it and literally passed out and Lois had to pull him out of the water. You’re 100% right on this.

#49 Posted by InvadedTBD (1548 posts) - - Show Bio

Stormbreaker should be able to cut him.

#50 Posted by Emperorb777 (11112 posts) - - Show Bio

@emperorb777: correct. I feel as if just holding the spear shouldn’t weaken him, but I think back to when he retrieved it and literally passed out and Lois had to pull him out of the water. You’re 100% right on this.

The spear itself doesn't matter, it's the radiation the kryptonite emits is what weakens Superman, same as in the comics and all forms of media.