Is the Legend of Korra a good show

ZR2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Is the Legend of Korra a good show (57 votes)

Yup 65%
No 14%
Meh 21%

Title. I am debating getting it on amazon but I’m not sure it’s worth it.

• 
Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jgames

Season one was solid, Season two was a mixed bag with an awesome two part episode in the middle about the first Avatar. Season three was amazing and season 4 was good.

Overall it was a solid show who mostly remember for pushing for lgbt+ representation in kids cartoon, even if it was baby steps. Not as amazing as Avatar the last airbender, but still a good show imo.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Yeah. Its not as "flawless" as its predecessor but I stand by it being a great show in its own right and I stand by Korra being a great MC when looking at the whole show.

It's not perfect but few things are

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 killbilly  Moderator

No Caption Provided
TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

Season one was solid, Season two was a mixed bag with an awesome two part episode in the middle about the first Avatar. Season three was amazing and season 4 was good.

Overall it was a solid show who mostly remember for pushing for lgbt+ representation in kids cartoon, even if it was baby steps. Not as amazing as Avatar the last airbender, but still a good show imo.

People dont bring up the lgbt stuff

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jgames
@kgb725 said:
@jgames said:

That all I ever see get brought up when the show get mention now a days. Like most people said, its good but not amazing like its predecessor. Why bring up a good show when you can talk about amazing shows.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my opinion, no I do agree with a lot of the criticisms in E;R's videos even though I'm not particularly right wing or anything.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:
@kgb725 said:
@jgames said:

That all I ever see get brought up when the show get mention now a days. Like most people said, its good but not amazing like its predecessor. Why bring up a good show when you can talk about amazing shows.

Korra has a ton of flaws as a character and as a show. You can easily make the argument its a bad show. Like the fact they had no problem with abusive relationships is not a good message

I've legit never seen anyone mention the LGBT stuff because it's practically non existent in the show

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:
@jgames said:
@kgb725 said:
@jgames said:

Korra has a ton of flaws as a character and as a show. You can easily make the argument its a bad show. Like the fact they had no problem with abusive relationships is not a good message

I've legit never seen anyone mention the LGBT stuff because it's practically non existent in the show

Guess it depend on which sites you are in. But there is a consensus that the ending of Korra, while heavily censored ( I mean it was just some queer coded scene and *gasp* hand holding and looking to each other eyes), did a good job of paving the way for more lgbt+ content in kid cartoon show. With trend of lgbt+ representation being much more present after Korra. Which is why it is so often contributed to LGBT+ representation in cartoons in just about any site that talk about cartoons.

Also never claim the show was amazing or anything and certainly has enough flaws that I can understand if somebody dislike the show. Still personally had a great time for the most part.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Unalaq season is downright terrible. Apart from that, its good. Not as good as TLA though.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apart from a lot of season 2, it's good. Not quite ATLA level, and Korra isn't as likeable as Aang, but it's still a solid series. And Kuvira is one of the best antagonists in either series.

viking1205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very good show overall honestly.

Season 1 and 4 were good.

Season 2 was meh. Arguably the worst among all of the A:TLA and LoK.

Season 3 was extremely good. Pretty much close to the heights of A:TLA book 2 and 3.

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Korra might not overall be better than ATLA, but it is a good show that gets a lot of undeserved hate.

s1 and s4 are awesome, the villains are better than ATLA and Korra is a amazing protagonist with development rivalling Zuko. Yes, I said it.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobeymaguire84: I saw all four parts of the video, what's so bad/wanna-be-edgy about that video series criticizing LoK?

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an okay show with its moments both good and bad.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's good, just doesn't hold a candle to the original.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jgames said:

I loved Legend of Korra.

While The Last Airbender was more light-hearted, comedic, and kid-friendly, LOK is much more mature, serious, and political.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never seen it, and so I have no real opinion on it, but oh, it is hilarious to watch salty, bigoted idiots on the internet have a panic attack over the LGBT representation. Lol.

Flashkings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's an okay show that's all I can say

Avatar image for captain_narlowe
Captain_Narlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked most of it a lot except parts of season 2, so i am going to say yeah.

im_late

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okayish.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Haven't watched Korra but this is hillarious.

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tektonic

@kgb725 said:

Korra has no more flaws than Aang people just exaggerate her and the shows issues.

What are you talking about? What abusive relationships?

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never seen it, and so I have no real opinion on it, but oh, it is hilarious to watch salty, bigoted idiots on the internet have a panic attack over the LGBT representation. Lol.

So true. Like on Youtube reaction videos. (But on Youtube they could be faking it for the cameras, you never know. But I know that it doesn't make it any less bigoted.)

Tektonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Tektonic

@zr201

Videos that actually debunk a lot of the hate

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

gabrielbelmont

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season 1- 8/10

Season 2- 6/10

Season 3- 9/10

Season 4- 8/10

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6/10 if you don't compare it to not the original.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ReaperTheGrim
@wolverinebatmanftw said:

"It pushed major Lgbt representation in childrens cartoon's"

"not it didnt it had a 30 second clips of two girls holding hands in the final episode with no build up and with characters that had been straight up till then."

Oh mY GoD loOk At aLl thE BigOt'S HaHa ha iM sO VirtuOuS aNd MorAllY SuPeRioR to EvErY ONe ElSe rIgHt TwitteR.

vengefulshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vengefulshot

Yeah its good, season 2 was a drag, but still passable (like 5/10).

The whiners are just mad because they compared it to ATLA and expected the same.

Ignore the criticism of right wing bloggers and analysts they will shit on anything that has gay/queer stuff in it, even though it was only explicitly addressed in the last 30 seconds of the show.

Overall, a worthwhile and rewarding viewing experience :).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaperthegrim said:
@wolverinebatmanftw said:

"It pushed major Lgbt representation in childrens cartoon's"

"not it didnt it had a 30 second clips of two girls holding hands in the final episode with no build up and with characters that had been straight up till then."

Oh mY GoD loOk At aLl thE BigOt'S HaHa ha iM sO VirtuOuS aNd MorAllY SuPeRioR to EvErY ONe ElSe rIgHt TwitteR.

sOmeONe wHo IS aMUSed BY pEOplE tHaT fReAK oUt oVeR tHE tINIeSt bIt OF lgBt rePrEsEntation MUSt be A mORalIStic viRutE-siGnAlLInG aSsHolE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

p.s.

I don't have a twitter account, and never have had one. Nice try.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c
deactivated-5eeb201d11f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By most standards, it's an excellent show. If you compare to the Last Airbender, it's not as good, with S1 and S2 being far behind TLA in quality, S3 being comparable to TLA, and S4 being a little bit below, but TLA is so good that LOK is still better then most shows even in S1/S2.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better than ATLA.. Better story, better character and more complex storylines with better animation and not your average generic good vs evil guy plotlines.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

Better than ATLA.. Better story, better character and more complex storylines with better animation and not your average generic good vs evil guy plotlines.

Prepare to be bombarded with angry comments from salty nerds losing their shit over a tiny bit of LGBT representation. And a few people who are just psychotically loyal to ATLA.

Van-Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, it is.

Also, I don't see why it has to be compared to Avatar every other post.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

Prepare to be bombarded with angry comments from salty nerds losing their shit over a tiny bit of LGBT representation. And a few people who are just psychotically loyal to ATLA.

I have been bombarded with Quartering, No Bullshit fans, I am used to it.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it is Even if in some áreas they have filler episodes.

for me it's Best season was the second

Only things that i dislike were the ending tho.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Quinlan58

It's a good show. You just have to wade through the exciting but frustrating first season and the abysmal second season before getting to the actual great parts of the show.

Aystarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starting From my first watch years ago, I hated it because I felt like everything changed From atla , then I accepted that it's okay For it to not be exactly like atla, and I just disliked it because it didn't stack up to atla, but out of spite against bigots, I forced myself to like it in my head, Lol, then I actually decided to watch it again, and turns out it's really good, I was just sour the first time, I'm over 4-5 re-watches now (I'm pretty sure my atla count is 100+), lol.

So yeah, It's really interesting when you don't spend your time comparing every little thing to atla, I mean they're still some things I'm iffy about ( plotwise and character wise, I still hate mako and I'll never forgive Bryke for what they did to asami's character, although more of nickelodeon's fault) But it's overall a good show. I get it's really hard to not compare it with atla Since it's literally the continuation, but once someone gets past that, it would be easier for it to be appreciated.

MrGetMeBodied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tektonic said:

@zr201

Videos that actually debunk a lot of the hate

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Yes, I love Admirals take on Korra.

MrGetMeBodied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Korra is my opinion has some master tier writing. But there is nothing wrong with critiquing a show. The problem lies in how bad the critiques are, especially on youtube. People care more about Nitpicking and being negative cause it's for entertainment instead on critiquing the show truthfully. Most of the major critiques on Korra, Like Mysterious Mr.Enter, Lilly Peete, and E;R just nitpicks if not straight up say things about Korra that isn't at all true.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Don't go in expecting The Last Airbender: The Sequel. It is a very, very different show.

Legends of Korra was designed for a more modern audience, and an older audience. The characters are almost entirely 18+ and they tackle much heavier issues than what was tackled in the Last Airbender.

Overall, I think it's a better show. Not that the Last Airbender wasn't absolutely amazing. But Legends of Korra was just a heavier show, with heavier issues, and I thought was a little better.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

YouSmokeWeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Far from it, it has good animation though