Is the Arrowverse really inferior to Netflix MCU?

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ganon15

Share your thoughts

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least in MCU there are no Jay Garricks.

My name is Jay Garrick and i'm the fastest Jay Garrick alive. To the outside Jay Garrick, i'm an ordinary Jay Garrick scientist, but secretly, with the help of Jay Garrick, i fight Jay Garrick and find another Jay Garrick like me. I hunted Jay Garrick who killed my Jay Garrick, but in doing so, i opened up our world to new Jay Garricks. And I am the only one Jay Garrick enough to stop them. I am.... Jay Garrick!

My name is Jay Garrick. For the last five Jay Garricks I was trapped on a hellish Jay Garrick with only one goal: Jay Garrick. [Jay Garrick is alive] Now I must fulfill Jay Garrick's dying wish, to use the list of Jays he gave me and bring down those who are poisoning Jay Garrick. To do this, I must become someone else. I must become...something else.

Previously, on Zoom...

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@ganon15: For the most part? Yes. Flash is good, Arrow is stale and Legends hasn't clicked just yet.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lool no. I love the Netflix shows but their grounded reality minimises the amount of feats they have stacking up to the CW verse.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are meant for different audiences.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

Uh yes. Especially in the writing department. Both Flash and Arrow have gone completely off the rails, LoT is just plain awful and Supergirl is meh.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jessica Jones is so much better than Arrow that it isn't even funny.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes but the netflix MCU feels different, because every episode is released so I watch it in almost one view. The others span through months, they are more like routine (almost like normal comics).

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Netflix feels more serious. Too much filler on Arrow. I wouldn't use the word inferior, I would say different.

Weakness of Netflix is that many of the side characters don't have their own character arcs and are just there to serve the story of the main hero so you may not be fully invested in them.

Weakness of CW is filler. Too much god damn filler...I hate that ish with Naruto and I hate it here.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And LOT Jesus can anything important happen on this show? It's kind of boring and they seem to be making 0 progress with the mission.

CWChandler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: I like both Daredevil and the Flash but I chuckled IRL.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea I think the Netflix verse is getting up there.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can only speak on behalf of Marvel's Jessica Jones but even alone it outshines the Arrowverse. I think it'd be more fair if you included Agent Carter and Agents of Shield to the MCU side even though they aren't Netflix shows.

Nufious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Royal_Warrior

Both MCU Netflix series have actual amazing plot, storylines and acting

Don't get me wrong I do like the CWverse but honestly it's complete shite if you view it from not a fan perspective

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SamJackson

Lool no. I love the Netflix shows but their grounded reality minimises the amount of feats they have stacking up to the CW verse.

What does having better feats have to do with being a better show?

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes despite AoS

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that Netflix MCU is a lot more grounded and realistic in its depictions and characters. It also has more solid storylines and seems to finish a longer storyline rather then having a bunch of small ones. This is probably due to the format. Netflix series are released as whole seasons so they are better able to tackle longer and more complex storylines

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

In some ways, but I wouldn't say completely. Daredevil is fantastic but Jessica Jones was boring to the point of almost being a waste of time.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Plain and simple yes. Arrow went downhill fast and by the looks of it isn't stopping till it reaches hell. Legends of tommorrow suffers from almost all the arrow problems from the get go and Flash, is the only one that can put up a fight since its the most different from the rather grounded Netflix shows, but is mostly consistend of inconsequential filler.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duh. The Marvel Netflix shows are top notch. The DC CW shows pale in comparison.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil is the better show in general, but Flash is the better superhero show, if you get what I'm saying.

If this is about feats, then CWverse >>>>>>>>>>> MCU Netflix characters.

MarvinJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MarvinJones

Arrow is running fumes at this point, they're reusing villains from last season. I like the first two season of Arrow, I really did. But bow it seems like the only mind blowing episodes are the crossovers, and that can't work. It has a lot of filler too. Flash is a cool show, but there's like 6 different people wearing the same face, and if anything goes seriously wrong, Barry's just gonna time travel, so it holds no weight. LoT has a lot of potential for this season, I'm not sure what they'll do beyond it though. I don't like how they killed off two members before episode ten. It makes it seem like by the finale they'll only be a couple members left to fight Savage and everyone might die.

Daredevil and Jessica Jones are so good because they're so grounded in reality, at least before DD season 2. It just feels like a separate street level universe that'll only grow with Luke Cage and Iron Fist and eventually the Defenders. The problem I see with Netflix Marvel is that the lack of crossovers before the Defenders will really hurt them, like phase one of the MCU.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil destroyed the arrowverse

WarDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arrow was pretty good until it became the Falicity Smoak show. God do I hate that character. Flash I really like, but not as much as AOS, Daredevil, and JJ

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU Netflix is critically better. But in terms of enjoyment I like them pretty equally.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 buildhare  Online
Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inferior in terms of what?

I think Daredevil and Jessica Jones are great, but I also think Flash is great. Arrow's...decent, and Legends of Tomorrow is mediocre. If we're talking about quality I'd say it's inferior, but if we're talking about a cohesive universe, the Netflix MCU still needs to interact and build more before it feels like the Arrowverse.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Even if you don't like the Netflix series I honestly don't see how you can't see how it's still superior to the Arrow universe. Not to say you can't still enjoy the Arrow universe, it's just that it's not quality. It's more popcorn.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Seasons 1 and 2 of Arrow are some of the best seasons of a TV show I have seen. Daredevil season 2 was right up there with Arrow season 1 and 2, I do love the Flash as well. Legends on the other hand is decent/medicore while Jessica Jones is one of the most boring shows I have ever watched.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Arrowverse is the cheapest writing and cinematography and acting you can get. Yes.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is kinda of a dumb question . Arrowverse is on TV so it is more family friendly , now if you put a show like Arrow on Netflix? it could arguably be the best show , we can see a more gore-like deathstroke and a less family friendly Oliver who probably kills more than he saves (i have no problem with his no kill rule on the show) , you put a show like DD or Jessica jones on TV and it would be awful , that's what a lot of yo guys on this site don't get

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In some ways, but I wouldn't say completely. Daredevil is fantastic but Jessica Jones was boring to the point of almost being a waste of time.

Wh-what?!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seasons 1 and 2 of Arrow are some of the best seasons of a TV show I have seen. Daredevil season 2 was right up there with Arrow season 1 and 2, I do love the Flash as well. Legends on the other hand is decent/medicore while Jessica Jones is one of the most boring shows I have ever watched.

QFT

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By novi_homines

Definitely. From the cinematography, to the writing and storytelling. MCU Netflix is just on a different level, and its not even close in my opinion.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson: oh...we were talking about show quality?

Daredevil

Flash

Arrow

Jessica Jones

My personal opinion

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FearTheLiving

Yup. The Netflix shows are all quality the same can't be said for the majority of the CWverse. Hell Agents of SHIELD is my favorite of the Network Comic based TV shows from DC or Marvel.

1. Daredevil
  2. Jessica Jones
  3. Agents of SHIELD
  4. Flash
  5. Agent Carter
  6. Constantine
  7. Supergirl
  8. Arrow
  9. Gotham

(Shows based on their quality up until this point)

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goonage said:

Uh yes. Especially in the writing department. Both Flash and Arrow have gone completely off the rails, LoT is just plain awful and Supergirl is meh.

People act like writing is the only thing that goes into a show. 'Daredevil' is paced like a snail, and while 'Arrow' and 'Flash' have filler that's actually interesting, the filler in 'Daredevil' is like friggin DBZ with characters looking around for 25 seconds, and just talking slower and quieter about things they already talked slowly and quietly about previously.

So pacing goes to the CW. That's one advantage we have to give.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My personal list:

1. Arrow
  2. Jessica Jones
  3. Daredevil
  4. Legends of Tomorrow
  5. Flash

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but currently Arrow is the worst CB show on tv. It's sad when iZombie is a better show.

Daredevil and Flash are apples and oranges and I like both apples and oranges.

Avatar image for devil_by_design
Devil_by_Design

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It goes like this:

1. Daredevil.
  2. Flash.
  3. Everything else.
bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dankhan6 said:

MCU Netflix is critically better. But in terms of enjoyment I like them pretty equally.

This times a million. While anyone can tell MCU Netflix is better, TV is meant to be enjoyed. You can enjoy a show even if its not objectively a good show. It doesn't have to always be a competition.

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By quantum-savage

Daredevil makes the rest of these look like a 5/10 max show, besides Arrow