Is Teen Lantern nothing more Riri Williams 2.0

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fmen2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Edited By fmen2016
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Greetings:

Hey for all LG Boys / Gals out there & all you Young Justice Fans too I just happens too see Mr. Brian Michael Bendis just took over YJ Arc and introduce Teen Lantern , which I read her profile on Comic Vine , which read like this "She is young black girl of 14 or 15 who hacked into Green Lantern Power Battery ." OK now lets look at Riri she is /was a 15 year old MIT Student who design an Iron Man suit by stealing and or hacking please see link be low :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riri_Williams .

Now I know what some of you may be thinking and you would be wrong so let me clear something with Mr. Bendis & his friend / Fans shall we . No I'm not a Russian bot or Troll . No I'm not old white guy living at home with his mom . No I'm date Black woman Kenya & I'm an older white man. so let's NOT throw words out with "ism" on the end of them and let just stick with the facts OK? Good my 1st question is if to to be come a Green Lantern a power ring most chose it's next wearer (now the only that did Not happen with is the golden age Green Lantern Alan Scott or Gil Broome aka Steam Lantern ) so how did get her power ring ? my next question if the Green Lantern Power Battery is on the planet Oa or A Pocket Dimension how could get access to hack it ? Next Question has Mr. Bendis read any GL comics ( if not he may want read some Geoff Johns: https://www.comicbookherald.com/reading-dc-comics/green-lantern-reading-order/ ) so he may understand better how being Green Lantern works ? last question if Riri did not over in Marvel why would Teen Lantern / Rir 2.0 work in DC? Now here is my thoughts let put Teen Lantern / Rir 2.0 to reset and come up with something new OK ?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Wait she hacked a gl battery...that sounds dumb and takes away from the specialness of being chosen. Y couldn’t she just be chosen?

SeaGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They look the same too. Also same personality. This is more of a alternate reality version than a 2.0 since there are no improvements or changes.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems that way

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4 JediXMan  Moderator

Wait she hacked a gl battery...that sounds dumb and takes away from the specialness of being chosen. Y couldn’t she just be chosen?

This. If she were an incredibly brave child with amazing willpower and was legitimately chosen, that could actually make a good story.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hacked a Green Lantern Battery? The problem with Green Lantern abilities is they’re based on willpower to be used effectively. So she just... what? Has access to the energy? She shouldn’t even be capable of using it properly, so it’s probably gonna be some bullshit.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Bendis just did the same character twice

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

“Has Mr. Bendis read any GL comics?” lol

He doesn’t care about your precious continuity or your pathetic characters.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How do you hack a Green Lantern battery? Is that even possible? I don't even think Bruce can do that shit.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By reactor

A human teenager hacked one of the most technologically advanced and powerful (not to mention also one of the most ancient) weapons in the entire universe?

A human teenager hacked one of the most technologically advanced and powerful (not to mention also one of the most ancient) weapons in the entire universe.

A human teenager... hacked one of the most technologically advanced and powerful (not to mention also one of the most ancient) weapons... in the entire universe?

Yep, sounds laughably absurd no matter how many times you say it

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

While I agree that at least at first glance, the characters do seem quite similar (one small correction though, TL is latina, not black), it kind of is a bit too soon to tell really. The character has only appeared once so far and nothing of her backstory was shown there. We know nothing about what and how exactly it all happened.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 morpheus_  Moderator

Riri is a bland character that Bendis was too spineless to write in her own book so he used Iron Man's name to do it. TL has appeared in exactly 1 issue and we don't really know how things will develop with her, her personality and her connection to YJ, even though the premise sounds far-fetched.

It's Bendis so the room for optimism is small, but still. I'm more irked that there are literally over half a dozen human Lanterns after Johns introduced Jessica and Simon some years back. It's just lazy.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Glad I am not the only one seeing similarities between these two characters. Bendis doesn't give a crap about what we think as long as he gets to push his creations and drive his books to whatever direction he desires. As long as DC is giving him more and more projects, he is happy. Even his sales numbers don't concern him because, even though there was a decline in Superman's sales, DC are still pushing him for the long run and are giving him more and more creative freedom.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Glad I am not the only one seeing similarities between these two characters. Bendis doesn't give a crap about what we think as long as he gets to push his creations and drive his books to whatever direction he desires. As long as DC is giving him more and more projects, he is happy. Even his sales numbers don't concern him because, even though there was a decline in Superman's sales, DC are still pushing him for the long run and are giving him more and more creative freedom.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is silly.

The girl isn't taking the spotlight from any of the established lanterns. She's a minor character in a team book. If anyone is taking the spotlight from the others, it's Hal.

Anyway, it's a power fantasy. It's not any more unbelievable than the Batfamily's absurd ammount of skills. It's also not the first time someone has hacked the ring.

And read some more Green Lantern other than Geoff Johns. The guy was great, but retconned a lot that came before him, and ignored John pretty much the entire time except to brood.

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gokluma

Bendis is destroying anything with poor writing

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers