I've been asking myself these types of questions playing and reading the injustice verse. I've talk to friends and family about this, some agree with superman but most agree with Batman. I found it odd though that those I ask prefer freedom and no killing of villains even though said villains might cause more death in the future.they said it breaks what a hero is? That a hero must be almost Messiah like? To which I found the most odd, why must they be Messiah like in nature and or veiws? Why can't they be more human like aka more grey or a bit darker? For example superman in the injustice verse literally lost everything and almost everyone he loved. It wasn't just his wife and unborn child he lost but his entire life was massacred by the joker and brainiac. But still he didn't fault, he's he didn't immediately become a supposedly villain right of the bat. It was WW that help guild him to that or more Precisely the last one to guild him to being what he is today. So lets set a list of everything he lost, and this is just him alone not including characters like cyborg who also lost his friends to the joker as well.
List of some of superman tragedies
- brainiac Destroyed his home planet
- brainiac destroyed his people and their culture
- brainiac killed his biological father and mother
- best friend jimmy got killed by the joker
- was tick by the joker into killing his wife and unborn child with his own hands
- joker nuke superman city
- is vilified because he killed the mad man that took everything from him and the same when he killed brainiac.
- been manipulated by wonder woman the entire time after his wife, unborn child and city was Destroyed
I mean I can go on, now a man that went through all of those tragedies is still expected to be a Messiah like? Job in the Old Testament couldn't do it and yet superman or heros in general are supposed to? Let me ask ya this, was he truly evil? Or is comic company like D.C. Are to childish in their morality? If I'm wrong in any of this please don't hesitate to correct me.