Is Superman really stronger than Shazam?

• 71 results
StrongTower7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By StrongTower7

I get it. Superman is Superman. Shazam is not Superman. But I can't help think that Shazam would make more sense to me as a "Superman" rather than just yellow sun radiation and then, "ta-da" you are a pretty much a god. Anyway, just my personal opinion.

Would it make sense to y'all for Shazam to beat Superman in a full-blown fight, both giving it their last drop of effort, fair and square? If so, how many times out of 10?

?/10 for both New 52 versions

?/10 for both Pre-New 52 versions

(I'm more of a Marvel guy btw) All opinions greatly appreciated!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman is the strongest hero in all of dc and comics in general but shazam is in the top 10 strongest dc heroes for sure

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. He is.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yes he is.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Superman wins 8/10. I think Shazam could pull off at least 1 or 2 hard fought wins, but it would take everything he has and Clark would have to fight sloppy and make some mistakes.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed861cc7ee
deactivated-62aed861cc7ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, he is.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By tj849

Yup

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is stronger than New 52 Shazam, but they are equals in Pre-52.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Eto

I think so

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people take Shazam's powers too literally. Strength of Hercules you say? Well then clearly he's stronger than DC's Hercules and could beat Supes/WW with no difficulty.

nervesal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman much better in term of combat

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Honestly I'd have no problem with Captain Marvel being an equal to Superman. He'd be a worthy equal if done right but the truth is he hasn't been an equal to Superman since the Pre Crisis days. Whether it's because DC don't know what to do with him, haven't given him a solo series or because Superman is more popular, Captain Marvel just isn't equal to Superman in strength, speed and power. Despite some statements in stories like Kingdom Come or Action Comics #768, Superman has done things Captain Marvel has not.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@babydarkseid: Superman is not the strongest hero in DC, even less in all of comics. Not even close.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

He is stronger than New 52 Shazam, but they are equals in Pre-52.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MAZAHS117

Depends on what version we're talking here. Pre-Crisis I'd say they are equals as they have similar feats. Post-Crisis I'd say they are close, but Superman has the advantage because he just has more appearances and better feats to pull from than Cap. Post-Flashpoint/New52 is not even close as Cap ..err excuse me "Shazam" ..has done pretty much nothing in comparison to New52 Superman. Post-Rebirth I don't even think "Shazam"' has even made an appearance lol.

Just based on feats i'd say Post-Crisis Superman would have the close majority over Post-Crisis Cap 6/10. New52 Superman would have the landslide majority over New52 Cap/Shazam 8-9/10, just because of the lack of feats for Shazam. Earth-22/Kingdom Come Captain Marvel went toe-to-toe with that Earths Superman and beat him or at least was winning imo.

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babydarkseid: Superman is not the strongest hero in DC, even less in all of comics. Not even close.

whos stronger than superman?

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I would say baring some well made plot devices(that as the hero he should overcome) superman has shown limitless strength, speed and durability when he feels like it. Whenever someone brings up all our fights you gotta go with superman.

given within mainstream D.C. Or marvel. Fighters outside of these universes may well be populated by godlike beings.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babydarkseid said:

@krleavenger said:

Are we talking about pure power alone? There are too many characters to name. If we are talking about pure physical strength, Mister Majestic comes to mind.

@krleavenger: I would say baring some well made plot devices(that as the hero he should overcome) superman has shown limitless strength, speed and durability when he feels like it. Whenever someone brings up all our fights you gotta go with superman.

given within mainstream D.C. Or marvel. Fighters outside of these universes may well be populated by godlike beings.

Come now, don't go with that Death Battle logic. Superman is not limitless at anything aside from how much solar energy he can store in his body, and that is irrelevant since he is always absorbing the same amount radiation per moment according to Batman. Superman is not even the most powerful her on DC Earth, even less all of comics. He doesn't have limitless strength, since he was overpowered and defeated by a lot of characters numerous times. He doesn't have limitless speed since there are a lot of characters who can make him look slow in comparison, like Barry Allen, Wally West, Eobard Thawne, Hunter Zolomon, just to name a few. His durability is not limitless either. There are countless instances when he was KO'd, hurt, damaged, flat out stomped or even almost killed.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's supposed to be according to every bio you read of his BUT DC mistreats Billy Batson. They treat him like a child in an adults body with 0 wisdom of the Gods at all.

They practically bought Captain Marvel back in the day to avoid competition and a lawsuit iirc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
deactivated-5b466be4b5981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy should be as strong as Superman especially with his new powers but DC doesn't really care about him despite the fact that he's still pretty popular and getting a movie.

I mean freaking Killer Frost got a a solo Rebirth comic before Shazam. This isn't right.

StrongTower7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy should be as strong as Superman especially with his new powers but DC doesn't really care about him despite the fact that he's still pretty popular and getting a movie.

I mean freaking Killer Frost got a a solo Rebirth comic before Shazam. This isn't right.

Word.

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babydarkseid said:

@krleavenger said:

Are we talking about pure power alone? There are too many characters to name. If we are talking about pure physical strength, Mister Majestic comes to mind.

@childoftheatom said:

Come now, don't go with that Death Battle logic. Superman is not limitless at anything aside from how much solar energy he can store in his body, and that is irrelevant since he is always absorbing the same amount radiation per moment according to Batman. Superman is not even the most powerful her on DC Earth, even less all of comics. He doesn't have limitless strength, since he was overpowered and defeated by a lot of characters numerous times. He doesn't have limitless speed since there are a lot of characters who can make him look slow in comparison, like Barry Allen, Wally West, Eobard Thawne, Hunter Zolomon, just to name a few. His durability is not limitless either. There are countless instances when he was KO'd, hurt, damaged, flat out stomped or even almost killed.

obviously im talking about pure physical strength since that was the original op and mister majestic isnt as strong as superman but hes top 10

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KrleAvenger

@babydarkseid: Mr. Majestic IS stronger than Superman. His feats are more impressive. He was moving planetary bodies across solar systems, casually, while Superman struggled to even move planets and moons.

BabyDarkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@babydarkseid: Mr. Majestic IS stronger than Superman. His feats are more impressive. He was moving planetary bodies across solar systems, casually, while Superman struggled to even move planets and moons.

show me some recent feats of majestic moving planets

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KrleAvenger

@babydarkseid: I don't have his feats saved, and the site I'm using to grab scans is down at the moment. I won't be able to post anything now. I will come back later when I find those scans.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In terms of physical stats, Captain Marvel and Superman are on par with each other, it's been proven in fights, Superman himself has said they're equals; twice, and even in the DC Encyclopedia it's states they're on par with each other.

And the argument that Superman is stronger than Cap because Superman has better overall feats is flawed logic, because if overall individual feats>direct confrontations, than Superman is stronger than Doomsday and Orion.

Hell, even characters like Blue Marvel and Gladiator would be stronger than Doomsday and Orion, since they have greater overall strength feats than those two.

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Honestly I'd have no problem with Captain Marvel being an equal to Superman. He'd be a worthy equal if done right but the truth is he hasn't been an equal to Superman since the Pre Crisis days. Whether it's because DC don't know what to do with him, haven't given him a solo series or because Superman is more popular, Captain Marvel just isn't equal to Superman in strength, speed and power. Despite some statements in stories like Kingdom Come or Action Comics #768, Superman has done things Captain Marvel has not.

And Gladiator and Blue Marvel have done things Doomsday and Orion haven't.

If we go by your logic that overall feats>direct confrontations than Glads and BM are stronger than Doomsday and Orion.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fc_tsukihanami said:

Word.

Right?!

boombox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By boombox

Meh... imo Shazam should beat superman. They havr equal strengths after all... although I don't understand supes's vulnerability to magic. They say he's vulnerable to magic but still gives black Adam a decent fight -.-

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Avatar image for masterskywalker
MasterSkywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes he is by better and more consistent feats.

Avatar image for passingthroughv2
passingthroughv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fc_tsukihanami said:

Word.

QFT

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always felt Shazam was the hard counter to Superman thanks in part to Kingdom Come.

Avatar image for deactivated-62aed95594e07
deactivated-62aed95594e07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Clark is stronger.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

N52? Heck no, Billy is basically featless.

Pre-52? Maybe, it is heavily implied and Billy has the feats but I think Supes is still slightly stronger.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aside from goldeb age. Superman stomps. Golden age they might be equal at times.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

New 52 I think Shazam would struggle to even win one fight. Pre-52 I have limit knowledge of so no comment.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@nick1994 said:
@lvenger said:

And Gladiator and Blue Marvel have done things Doomsday and Orion haven't.

If we go by your logic that overall feats>direct confrontations than Glads and BM are stronger than Doomsday and Orion.

Not this fallacious argument again, why do you keep going back to this with my posts on CM? This isn't even strictly a battle thread, I've said I was mistaken to put Power Girl above Captain Marvel and I said I wouldn't mind a Captain Marvel who is actually equal to Superman. But the fact is he hasn't been equal since the Pre Crisis days. You can't keep using the Doomsday/Orion example to undermine this because Orion has done something Billy hasn't physically, namely punch Superman from one country to another in a single blow and Doomsday has physically overpowered Superman, Darkseid and the entire League. That's why my logic works and yours doesn't.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman 10/10.

Superman 7-8/10.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

The_Dog_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By The_Dog_of_War

@lvenger said:

Not this fallacious argument again, why do you keep going back to this with my posts on CM? This isn't even strictly a battle thread, I've said I was mistaken to put Power Girl above Captain Marvel and I said I wouldn't mind a Captain Marvel who is actually equal to Superman. But the fact is he hasn't been equal since the Pre Crisis days. You can't keep using the Doomsday/Orion example to undermine this because Orion has done something Billy hasn't physically, namely punch Superman from one country to another in a single blow and Doomsday has physically overpowered Superman, Darkseid and the entire League. That's why my logic works and yours doesn't.

Orion punched Superman really far, so what, by that logic Major Force is stronger than Black Adam, since BA never punched Superman across three states, but I'm going to assume that you'll say Major Force is stronger than BA.

Also Orion's punch did absolutely no damage to him, and it was when Superman was distracted by Big Barda.

Captain Marvel actually visibly damaged Superman with his strikes; twice, so I could argue that CM is stronger than Orion, but he's not, they're even because they both physically matched Superman in a direct confrontation.

And finally Doomsday beating Superman in a direct confrontation is exactly my point, Doomsday beat Superman in a direct confrontation, and Captain Marvel matched/stalemated him, it's the same concept both instances.

But in the end I doubt you'll grasp how hypocritical you are, or if you even care about how dishonest you're being.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick1994 said:

In terms of physical stats, Captain Marvel and Superman are on par with each other, it's been proven in fights, Superman himself has said they're equals; twice, and even in the DC Encyclopedia it's states they're on par with each other.

And the argument that Superman is stronger than Cap because Superman has better overall feats is flawed logic, because if overall individual feats>direct confrontations, than Superman is stronger than Doomsday and Orion.

Hell, even characters like Blue Marvel and Gladiator would be stronger than Doomsday and Orion, since they have greater overall strength feats than those two.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba513314c41c
deactivated-5ba513314c41c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not an expert on either character, but I don't get the previous posts... isn't Superman weak to magic, and doesn't Shazam use magic? I know Shazam mainly does brawling (like Superman), but can't he shoot lightning from his hands? I think the bigger fight would be Superman vs. Black Adam, since Adam has more experience and is an actual "grown up" (although several hundred years old iirc).

But yeah, I am honestly gonna admit I'm a noob when it comes to Shazam and Superman, love both characters though.

EDIT: Forget to do ratings, pre-52 no idea, new 52 superman wins but only because he has sun regen hacks. So what, like 9/10 win? or 1/10 chance he would lose? In a magical arena (where shazam's lightning yell still works), I would give this to shazam.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman by feats is stronger than Billy

Avatar image for arranvidreturns
ArranVidReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about Shazam's magical abilities...if he has any...I've forgotten

would they have any effect on Kal-El?

Blackstar_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman is the strongest hero in all of dc and comics in general but shazam is in the top 10 strongest dc heroes for sure

Both statements are false.