#1 Posted by BlitzSikes (1945 posts) - - Show Bio

I really did not know where to put this question but is Spider-Man bullet proof against small arms bullets?

He's tanked explosions, getting punched through concrete, having buses thrown at him, getting punched by powerhouses, etc but can he tank a bullet ?

#2 Posted by BladeOfFury (2901 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He's like Wonder Woman in that regard.

#3 Posted by Amendment50 (15174 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#4 Posted by BruceRogers (17183 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#5 Posted by TonyMartial (8840 posts) - - Show Bio

Never

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#6 Edited by plotweapon16255 (7504 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron spider is bulletproof.

#7 Posted by AsianAntics (695 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man is not.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#8 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7168 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#9 Posted by BlitzSikes (1945 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks guys

#10 Edited by Lan_Fan (12689 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess not.

#11 Posted by LoveEveryone (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

No he isn't bulletproof but he's survived attacks that hit worse than Bullets.

#12 Edited by Amendment50 (15174 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Lan_Fan (12689 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Tenguswordsman (1828 posts) - - Show Bio

In my wet dreams he is...

#15 Posted by Emanresu_20 (2731 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bullet proof but depending on the gun it may take a while to bring him down. Shooting him with a 9mm would be different than using an assault rifle.

#16 Posted by chuckwolf (924 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Bullets basically do piercing damage, meaning all their force is applied over a very small area. much like the tip of a knife when being stabbed. Which Spidey is also not proof against. It's things that hit over larger areas of the body that he's most resilient against. Though because Spider-sense causes him to instinctively try to prevent his own death, if a bullet was completely unavoidable, he would move his body in a way that the least vital part of his body was hit. So not bulletproof, but very hard to kill.

#17 Edited by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

No, it's bad writing with him just like Wonder Woman. The concept of a difference between blunt force durability and 'piercing durability' is just stupid. Durability is durability and PSI is PSI.

#18 Posted by Shaladue (552 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder: No it's not... A toddler punching me would do nothing. A toddler with wolverine claws is gutting me.

#19 Posted by Stormdriven (17720 posts) - - Show Bio

He’s been shot multiple times, so no

#20 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

@shaladue: There's a difference between piercing attacks and blunt attacks, but it isn't a difference between piercing durability and blunt durability because as I said, PSI is PSI regardless of what. Your example doesn't prove anything to my point because your example doesn't appeal to what I said. You're talking about piercing attacks, not piercing durability which is what I'm arguing against because the concept of differentiating between piercing DURABILITY and blunt DURABILITY is just stupid and a typical example of stupid comic things. A toddler punching you wouldn't do anything, but a toddler punching you with Wolverine's claws would gut you because ALL the force is concentrated on a small area. If you can tank a punch with 10 tons PSI then you should be able to tank getting hit by a knife with the same amount of PSI just fine. They're both blunt. However if that knife were to have all the 10 tons of force on delivered from its pointy tip and it hits you, then obviously it will pierce you because all the force is hit with on a very small area.

My point is that Spiderman should logically be bulletproof due to his blunt force durability feats but he isn't because of bad writing, just like Wonder Woman. It's a wrongly perceived concept that completely ignores basic logic.

#21 Edited by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

No hes much more durable then your average human(With his superior healing factor and tougher skin) but he is not bulletproof. One chest shot and its all over for Spidey.

#22 Edited by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury said:

They are in two different classes and not comparable at all.

Wonder Women can actually survive a fatal gun shot Spider-man cant. She just prefers to not have her skin pierced and surfer an debilitating injury that could have easily been avoided. Shes shown the ability to survive being shot.

#23 Posted by bump1010 (1043 posts) - - Show Bio

@bladeoffury said:

Wonder Women can actually survive a fatal gun shot Spider-man cant. She just prefers to not have her skin pierced and surfer an debilitating injury that could have easily been avoided. Shes shown the ability to survive being shot.

When you say wonder woman could survive a fatal gun shot what do you mean?

#24 Posted by ValorKnight (12222 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even close.

#25 Posted by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

@bump1010 said:
@jumpstart55 said:
@bladeoffury said:

When you say wonder woman could survive a fatal gun shot what do you mean?

I mean a shot to a vital artery or vital organ.

#26 Posted by RabumAlal (4878 posts) - - Show Bio

@jumpstart55: I highly doubt she can survive a headshot.

Spider-Man isn’t bulletproof. He lost his Spider-Sense and was shot by the guy without feelings who SpOck later executed.

#27 Posted by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio

@jumpstart55: I highly doubt she can survive a headshot.

Spider-Man isn’t bulletproof. He lost his Spider-Sense and was shot by the guy without feelings who SpOck later executed.

Yea she most likely would not.

#28 Posted by silvanus (899 posts) - - Show Bio

Piercing durability and blunt force durability are different, although they are not independent. High value in one usually implies the same for other. But the mechanism of damage is different. Piercing resistance depends mostly on hardness and blunt force resistance depends on material strength and resilience. So there is that. It still doesn't make sense in the case of Spiderman.

#29 Posted by g2_ (11294 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#30 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12337 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell nah

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#31 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (4034 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all, there's a reason he avoids gunfire in fights, there would be no point in him doing that if it could do nothing to him.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#32 Posted by blackspidey2099 (6517 posts) - - Show Bio

As illogical as it is, Spider-Man's durability against piercing attacks is leagues weaker than his blunt force durability. In terms of gunfire specifically, I'd say he is slightly more durable than regular humans but certainly not bulletproof.

#33 Posted by seastone98 (4642 posts) - - Show Bio

No BUT he can take ALOT MORE gun shots den any normal human can handle

#34 Posted by Eeef (2043 posts) - - Show Bio

No, but he is capable of catching bullets with his hands. Even though he gets unconscious afterwards but survives.

No Caption Provided

#35 Posted by KillBilly (1763 posts) - - Show Bio

@shaladue: There's a difference between piercing attacks and blunt attacks, but it isn't a difference between piercing durability and blunt durability because as I said, PSI is PSI regardless of what. Your example doesn't prove anything to my point because your example doesn't appeal to what I said. You're talking about piercing attacks, not piercing durability which is what I'm arguing against because the concept of differentiating between piercing DURABILITY and blunt DURABILITY is just stupid and a typical example of stupid comic things. A toddler punching you wouldn't do anything, but a toddler punching you with Wolverine's claws would gut you because ALL the force is concentrated on a small area. If you can tank a punch with 10 tons PSI then you should be able to tank getting hit by a knife with the same amount of PSI just fine. They're both blunt. However if that knife were to have all the 10 tons of force on delivered from its pointy tip and it hits you, then obviously it will pierce you because all the force is hit with on a very small area.

My point is that Spiderman should logically be bulletproof due to his blunt force durability feats but he isn't because of bad writing, just like Wonder Woman. It's a wrongly perceived concept that completely ignores basic logic.

No Caption Provided

#36 Posted by Richubs (3778 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the fact that Wonder Woman isn't bulletproof. It simply makes no sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
#37 Posted by deactivated-5bb52f8f25413 (7026 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
#38 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4490 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder:

I've tried to preach the point you're trying to make in the past.

Piercing durability does not or shouldn't exist... But it is what it is.